Other Fan Fiction ❯ Race to Witch Mountain:Retold Version! ❯ Meeting! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Timber Creek
11:15 P.M.
____________________________

Sickle's Bar in the small town was crowded as usual with the local drunkies and sheriff with deputys.most of them had been drinking since the late afternoon so the bartender decided to kick them out.he called over the nearest barhopper(waiter basically) and gave him the orders to kick out the four men in the back corner whose table was littered with beer bottles and cigarettes.

"Those drunks have been gettin high'since four o'clock. tell him to hitch hike out of here before i call on the sheriff,Nathan."He went back to serving the people at the bar.

The young boy,Nathan,was a local kid who grew up in Timber Creek with the neighbors since his parents died in a drive-by shooting a few years back.he was fifteen years old,just good-looking enough to be called handsome with his shaggy black hair in a wolfcut hair style and lively blue eyes that lit up the room.he was wearing his uniform,a simple black longsleeve covered by a white vest and black dress pants with a white apron over them.it was a weird thing to wear while working at a bar,he thought,but needed the job to pay for his own in the world,so he didn't argue.

"Yes Mr. Calohan."

He grabbed a dish container before walking over to the table and started collecting all the beers present,even taking some out of the men's hands while they were drinking.

"Hey!" One of the men stood up and glared at barhopper." What'd you do that for?!"

Nathan simply continued collecting the beers while at the same time extinguishing the cigarettes. "Mr. Calohan thinks you guys have had enough for one day,he wants you guys out of here before he calls the sheriff."He motioned to the other side of the room where the uniformed officers were laughing and having hoot of a time.

A second man rose and grabbed the boy by the shoulder with surprisingly brute strength for someone as high as him.

"Listen,kid,we paid for our drinks just like everyone else!we have the right to drink until we drop!so you tell your little boss that we aint going nowhere.."He purposely blew his breath into Nathan's face and since it reaked of beer,it caused him to stumble back almost dropping the container.

Nathan simply nodded,holding his breath as best he can,and retreated back to the bar.he told Mr.Calohan what they said and then disappeared into the back room to dispose of the beers.he walked out back behind the bar and dumped them into the garbage dumster and went back inside.by the time he got back into the bar,the sheriff was escorting the four men out and into the police cars to take them down to the station at the edge of town.

"I warned 'em." The old bartender chuckled and started polishing the counter with a rag. "Nathan,you've worked hard today. must be putting in overtime for that trip to New York City you wanted,eh?"

The boy nodded. "Yea,i'v always wanted to see the world and what better place to start then with the city that never sleeps?"

"Well,since you earned it,ill let you leave early tonight.its past your bedtime as it is."

"I dont have a 'bedtime',its whenever i get home and fall into my bed basically."

The two laughed over the response before Mr.Calohan handed him is pay for the day as Nathan took off his apron.

"Be careful going home."

"I will."

He went into the back room and changed into his own clothes: a black t-shirt,dark blue demin jeans and a pair of tipless black gloves.he walked out back to where his dirtbike was sitting,his helmet dangling from the handle bar.it was a fairly nice bike which he bought a few monthes back with the money he earned.it had a rustic red color with dark yellow streaks going from one end to the other and was halfway covered in dirt and grime,further darkening the color.putting on his helmet,he counted the money in his hand and slide it into his pocket before starting his bike and taking off into the night.

His house was located on a small platform overlooking the landscape from the rocky mountains behind the town.a two bedroom place with one bathroom,it was the only thing his parents had left him when he died,so he liked it.he bounded down the main road until a fork appeared and thats when he took the dirt path inbetween way and started his climb to the lowest part of the mountain where his place sat.he had to drive along side the mountain's side for abit,and it was a narrow path no more then five feet across,before he hit a sharp turn which lasted about thirty feet until it expanded into the plaform mentioned earlier.

"Home sweet home." Nathan mumbled as he drove over the platform to a small,ratty looking place that looked to be in good condition for the age of the house.he parked his bike on the side,turned the key and stepped onto the front porch where he paused.the door was halfway open.

I did lock the door behind me..didn't i?

He grabbed the nob and slowly opened the door,stepping inside.the main room was dark and everything looked just like he left it.after locking the door behind him,Nathan turned on the lights and did a quick search just to be safe.he didn't find anybody,so instead walked into the kitchen and started the stove feeling abit hungry,afterall,he hadn't eaten since his lunch at 2:00 P.M.he put a pot on it and quickly added the ingrediants for Mushroom and Beef stew.while the stove heated up,he quickly jumped in the shower and the long day took its toll on him.once he got out,he walked back into the kitchen to turn the stove down,but stopped in the doorway with his mouth open.a boy and girl were standing infront of the stove staring into the pot with curiosity.

The boy looked about his age,maybe older,and was a few inches taller then himself.he had short blonde hair spiked forward and greyish/blueish colored eyes.he wore a brown sweatjacket with furry inside and plain blue demin jeans.the girl looked younger then Nathan and she was definatly shorter.she had long blonde hair draped around her shoulders and blueish colored eyes as well.she wore a black jean jacket covering a brown t-shirt and tan khaki pants.they noticed him staring and turned around.

"What your cooking,it smells nice." The girl said,motioning to the pot.

"H-how..did..you..," Nathan looked back at the front door and then to them. "Get in here...?"

"We simply proceeded through the main door." The boy said as he matched Nathan's confused look with his own solid,calm one.

The barhopper remained silent,still gaping at the pair standing in his kitchen.for a split second,he thought about calling the sheriff and have them arrested for breaking and entering,but the girl seemed to know what he was thinking and spoke quickly.

"Please do not involve the authorities,Nathan Levington!it is imparative that we remain undetected."

"H-how did you know my name..w-wait,how'd you know what i was thinking..?!"

He didn't get his answer,for the boy pointed at his stew. "Its burning."

Nathan,realizing he was right,snapped out of his daze and quickly turned the stove off.black smoke was already comming out of the pot and to blow it off,he grabbed a towel and started swatting it towards the window which he opened immediatly afterwards.luckily,the stew was saved.he finished making it while he directed the other two into the dining room to sit,they were gonna answer his questions over dinner.a few minutes later,he came out with three bowls of the stew and set them on the table before taking a seat himself.the boy and girl sat next to each other and Nathan sat across from them.

"This stew is very good,Nathan Levington." The girl said as she took a sip of the stew infront of her.

"I-its Nathan,just Nathan.and how do you even know my name?i dont recognize you two from around here."

The girl was about to speak,but her friend cut her off.

"We got lost and stumbled into your household.we did not think the owners were present,so we took refuge and located the administration papers,which held your name,Nathan Levington."

"I-i see.."

An akward silence followed,well,mostly for Nathan since the two didn't seem affected as they began eating their stews.he looked them over a few times,then looked at the door,then the phone,then back at them and sighed to himself.they're wouldn't be any harm in them staying the night he guessed,if they even wanted to.he didn have an extra bedroom anyways.

"So...what are your names?"

The boy immediatly looked up and stared at Nathan across the table with caution.he eyed him,then the girl,then Nathan again.

"My name is Seth,this is my sister Sarah."

"Pleased to make your aquaintence."

"I guess i dont have to introduce myself since you snooped through my belongings to find it."

"We apologize." Sarah bowed her head abit.

Nathan sighed and started eating his stew along with them.they took about twenty minutes to eat and once he finished with the dishes,Nathan asked them if they'd like to stay the night to which they hesitively agreed to.it was now 12:00 P.M,midnight,so he got their beds ready for the night and went to his own room once they were in.suddenly,as he lay under the covers staring at the ceiling,something hit him.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Chapter 1 Finished XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX