Other Fan Fiction ❯ Rough Cuts ❯ Zone 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
blindly tumbling through the bodies strewn about the darkened beach, she cuts through each enemy with grace like the softly drifting petals along the calm river's waters, yet viper strength and speed included. her hair loosely tied behind her, strands flying freely in her quick sharp movements, legs powering through the thick grass, heartbeat even and calm. she's a warrior. bringing destruction with bare hands or weapon, she's a war machine. unstoppable, unchanging, uncaring.
with a soft sigh, she cuts down her last foe, and speeds onward toward her goal. the palace walls rise high above her, gates locked and shackled preventing her entrance. a smile seems to be on the tip of her supple lips, and her eyes burn red in the moonlight. gathering her energy, her power overflowing, she flexes her hold on the wind, blasting it; concenstrated in the middle of the locks and chains barring her path, breaking free in an instant. she walks on, drifting silently, gracefully, up the steps to the castles main doors. soldiers pour from buildings and alleyways, each attempting-each failing- to stop her quest. but she cannot fail. it is impossible. she is death itself.
the reaper pulls her hood up covering her face more than her mask can. more bodies litter the ground, and she lightly skips over them pressing her delicate hand on the door, swinging it open. after dispatching the remainder of the castle's guard, she sheathes her sword, removes her mask, and steps up to the kings throne. he cowers in the darkness before her, the fear blatant on his face. he's known his day of death was near, he knew she would be coming for him and still he could not help but hope he could stall her efforts and escape his deathbed.
shaking in anxious anticipation, he gazes up into her eyes sitting on his thrown, removing his crown and hurredily offering it to her to spare his life. but she just exhales smoothly, lightly pushing the crown away and lifting his chin again to look into his eyes.
"you cannot bribe your demise away. you cannot stop what is written in the stars. destiny is decided. planned. you cannot change it. you will not die with dignity today, king. you will die alone, after letting your guard and your people die in your selfish attempts to escape me. i am the bringer of destruction, the gate keeper to the dark afterlife, the caller of ends, the reaper of souls. you will die, and you will forever be known the coward, the weakling, who slew a thousand to save one unworthy"
reaching behind her as the wretched king shrivled back crying and praying to gods whose hears no longer heard him, she drew her scythe and held his chin up again. the moonlight came through the doorway, casting her shadow against him, his eyes still brightly shone staring deeply into her's captured by the emerald orbs. soflty, her tears fell, silently. uncaring as always, she bled the tears of death and sliced the kings throat open. and he continued to stare deep into her eyes, long after his head rolled awkwardly to her feet.
lowering her hood, black smoke encircled her and the gates of hell opened, engulfing her, taking her home, to her prison, the night's events over, her mission complete.