Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Kiss ❯ The Kiss ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Pirates of the Caribbean

AN: I find myself inspired, and so this is a short one-shot explaining what Jack might have been thinking during that steamy kiss shared by Jack and Elizabeth near the end of second movie

It was worth it. Bugger was it worth it.

As she edged closer, her lips so seductively close to mine, my mind reeled with desire. The feeling of her warm breath ghosting over my lips as she leaned closer did things to me that no gold or anonymous tryst ever had. She told me that she’d always known I was a good man. What did she know? But it was still nice to hear it. The Kraken, Davey Jones, all the dangers faded to the background. All I knew were those earnest eyes and soft-looking lips. So invitingly close, so close, closer...

I closed my eyes and leaned in wanting more than anything at that moment, more than my life, to feel those lips make contact with my own.

It could never happen. But still I waited, breathless.

There was the lightest brush of her lips against mine and I broke, melting into her. I felt like a madman, scrambling to taste all of her at once, with my lips, with my tongue, my mouth moving over hers with complete abandon. I was lost.

My hands found her hair and then, finally, the bare skin of her neck. The feel of her skin beneath my fingertips aroused something both marvelous and dark inside of me and my kiss became a wild, greedy thing.. I wanted her. All of her. I would give anything, anything for her.

When I heard the clink of metal and felt the manacle close around my wrist, I smiled. It figures. Such pleasure must come at a price. She pulled back and explained my fate. Her tone was harsh, but her eyes held regret.

My smile became even broader when I noticed the flush on her cheeks. It had nothing to do with the battle, nor her proclamation. She was mine and she didn't even realize it. Not yet anyway.

Too bad I wouldn't be around when she finally realized that.

I watched her go, still smiling broadly.

I would really like to be around when she realized that.

I pulled and twisted my hand in the manacle, ignoring the agonizing pain as I tried to slip it through, minus a little skin.

You see, I was a little desperate to be around when she realized that.

But if there’s anything I've learned, it’s that everything worth anything comes with a price. That truth is inescapable, undeniable and I was almost assuredly going to die here, chained to my doomed ship by the woman who hadn’t yet realized that she loved me yet. I stabbed out blindly, hoping that I might just get lucky one more time and the pointy end of my sword would somehow meet something vital.

Still, if not, well, there was still the kiss. Horrible beasties be damned, I had that kiss.

You see, she is mine and she doesn't even know it. That's why I grinned like a fool as I plunged into the great monsters mouth.

It was worth it. Bugger, it was worth it.

AN: If anyone can recommend a good Jack/Elizabeth fic to me, please do!