Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Yuuri and Wolfram's Excellent Adventure ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Pinnacle of the Hikari blood, do as your creator has foretold, draw upon the strength of this humble tome and unfurl your wings in the twilight as I command. By the power of the cat god Beelzenef I call fourth the golden haired demon of inferno and bind him to do my bidding Nepeta cateria nepeta kokanica nepeta souliei nepeta ZANDAENSIS!!” Nekozawa finished the incantation and threw a handful of incense into an ornate brass brazier.
 
 
The air shimmered and purple smoke billowed from the brazier. As the air cleared he could see a figure standing before him. Through the haze Nekozawa could make out blond hair and a pink garment. Once the smoke dissipated, he could see that the figure looked very human, a bit shorter in stature than he was and wore what looked like a nightgown as much as anything. This couldn't be the demon he was summoning this person wasn't frightening or strong. There were no horns and leathery wings. In fact this person was actually kind of …pretty, although he was almost certain this individual was male. Nekozawa watched as the one he summoned stood and looked around, trying to get some sort of bearings. Wolfram spotted the Dark Arts club president and said something that sounded like, “Koiau uaiuahf udsia ufiia!” in a demanding voice.
 
 
`Oh no this is terrible,' Yumihito thought, `I must have gotten part of the incantation wrong. I was very careful to get the words right where I could, but there were some parts truly missing. I used a few of my own spells there so now, somehow, I didn't summon a demon. Instead, I have summoned some sort of… foreign exchange student?'
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
In the misty twilight nothingness something stirred. A pulse of magic threaded through the empty grayness, causing an answering pulse from deep within. Another pulse and another until the magical energy died away and all that was left was a faint throbbing resembling the beating of a heart.
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
Daiki made his way up the stairs to his grandson's room. The door was open and he could see the mess of spiky red hair sticking up from behind a textbook as Daisuke read quietly at his desk, which took up almost as much room as the tired old couch he used to have. Daiki merely paused in the doorway and rapped on the frame to get the boy's attention.
 
 
Daisuke looked up from his homework. “Hey, Grandpa,” he said with a smile, “What's up?”
 
 
“Towa has sensed something interesting,” the elder began without preamble. “I believe the Hikari works are beginning to awaken again.”
 
 
There was a thud from the hallway behind him as his daughter, Emiko, dropped a basket of laundry and rushed into the room. “Are you sure? How could this be? We sealed all of the Hikari magic when we sealed the black wings, didn't we?” She fired off one question right after another without waiting for a reply. “Unless,” she said, snapping her fingers, “The last Hikari has started making new magical artworks.” She finished with a self satisfied look, thinking she had answered her own questions.
 
 
“Emiko,” Daiki said gently, “this work was a spell book, and it has existed for centuries. Someone tried to use it to cast a spell and awakened it. Sorry to blow your theory, hun.”
 
 
“Besides, Mom, I doubt Satoshi wants anything to do with Hikari magic. He had it really bad with his half of the black wings. Dark and I were ok because we were friends, and you raised me to be the next Phantom Thief. Krad wanted to overwhelm Satoshi and maybe even kill him so he could have complete control of his body,” Daisuke said in the other boy's defense.
 
 
Just then a small, white fur ball came whizzing into the room, making a noise that sounded like “Kyuuuuuuuuu!” and jumped up into Daisuke's lap looking up hat him with big red eyes. “What is it, Wiz?” Daisuke asked petting down the long ears of the rabbit like creature to comfort him. Wiz did a little happy dance on Daisuke's lap jumping up onto his back feet and nuzzling the boy quickly before tearing off again, back in the direction he came from.
 
 
“So it's affecting Whiz too.” Daiki observed. “I suppose that shouldn't be a surprised. He is another Hikari work, even though we like to think of him as dark's familiar.”
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
“Who are you?! Where am I?” Wolfram asked in his native Mazoku language. To Nekozawa it sounded like “Djihnroirh? Rweu uwrhw iweuhu?”
 
 
“Oh no, what have I done?” Umehito said, covering his mouth with his hand as he thought furiously, trying to figure out where his spell had gone wrong. Not only had he not produced a demon in all of its fiery fury, but he was pretty sure he was now guilty of some sort of kidnapping.
 
 
Hearing the mumbled exclamation, Wolfram brought a hand up to massage his temples as he himself muttered, “Not Yuuri's Earth, please tell me I am not in Japan.”
 
 
His last words seemed to spark some sort of interest in his companion because the robed figure stood up straighter and said, “Japan, that's right. Do you speak the language?”
 
 
"Yes..." Wolfram answered unsurely. He was desperately trying to remember the Japanese Yuuri had taught him so that he could communicate with his family. He had picked up more than anyone knew because didn't want Yuuri to be able to speak with Conrad without him knowing what they were saying. He didn't trust that cheating wimp not to tell his half brother things he wouldn't share with him, his own fiancé. That didn't mean he was fluent in it though. “Where I am in Japan?” he asked in thickly accented Japanese.
 
 
“You are in Tokyo,” Nekozawa answered. “You wouldn't happen to be a demon would you?” he asked in return.
 
 
Wolfram gave him a shocked look, “You know Mazoku?” he asked.
 
 
“Mazoku? No, not specifically. Is that, where you are from, uhm…?” Nekozawa asked, waiting for a name.
 
 
“Wolfram von Bielefeld,” Wolfram answered, remembering his manners. After all, he was the son of the former ruler of his homeland. Protocol was important even before Yuuri had proposed to him and taken his mother's place as Maou. Good manners had been drilled into him from a very young age. “Hello, what is your name? How I am in Tokyo?”
 
 
“Oh, so sorry, I am Umehito Nekozawa, and I am afraid it is my fault you are here. I was trying to use black magic to summon a demon and bind him as my servant, but instead, somehow I transported you here. I am not sure where I went wrong…” he trailed off, noticing the angry look on the other boy's face. He looked away and stuttered, “I'm sorry, I didn't think…”
 
“What? Idiot!! What you used? And it get me here!!" Wolfram glared at the hapless Nekozawa. "I kill you for that!! Yuu...” `What about Yuuri?'... Wolfram paused, breathing deeply, and trying to get his head clear enough for him to think. `He was with me when I came here. He grabbed my hand and we were pulled through whatever it was that brought us here. Where did he go?' “What you do oieriok Yuuri epjnklei seoi a gjeeir reoii rerfkld?!" he said, starting to panic, and breaking into his native Mazoku tongue for the words he didn't know the Japanese for.
 
 
“Wait! Settle down,” Nekozawa said, holding his hands in front of himself defensively. To his surprise, the irate boy stopped advancing toward him and sat down on the ground where he stayed, glaring at him but not moving.
 
 
`Keodhdir kidakrud daskilkle!! Hukold shondaat!!! Verfrrugen saerool cormandish!” Wolfram paused, realizing all of his lovely verbal abuse was being wasted in the language barrier… “What do this?” he finished, eloquently muttering in his native tongue… `Damn Earth. Damn strange guy with magic powers. Damn rotten excuse for a language…' He choked back a whimper; he would not break down in front of this… this stranger no matter what kind of magic he used on him.
 
 
His mind went back to the moments before he was spirited away from his home. He ached inside to know the last words he said to Yuuri were said in anger. He desperately hoped they weren't the last words he would ever get to say to him. His own feelings aside, if anything happened to the Maou, all of Shin Makoku would suffer terribly from the loss. That just couldn't happen. Yuuri had to be all right. He wanted to find a way to look for Yuuri but he couldn't seem to form a plan. It was like his thoughts were all jumbled and fuzzy. He just stood there with his fists clenched at his side, trying to make sense out of it all.
 
 
“Stay here, I will get you some clothes,” Nekozawa told him as he pulled his cloak around himself tightly and ducked out of the room.
 
 
Wolfram was suddenly unable to move. It wasn't that he was afraid to move or that he did not want to, he just could not get his body to move from the spot he was in. Straining and shaking, he tried for several long moments to take a step and follow the other boy. Pain began to radiate from his lower abdomen. As he quit struggling, the pain subsided some, but after a few moments it began to gradually get worse. He stood there as a fine sheen of sweat broke out on his brow. The pain felt like he was being run through with a sword and as his stomach muscles tightened painfully, Wolfram felt himself start to double over. Gasping softly, he grabbed his stomach as he fought vainly to remain upright. He hadn't eaten or drank anything since he had arrived on Earth, so he knew it wasn't poison, but whatever it was, agonizing was putting it mildly. For one brief moment, Wolfram wish Gisela was there as he was sure the healer would know what to do before his world went black and he crumpled to the floor.
 
 
Hissing at the too bright lights in the hallway, Nekozawa hunched over, sinking as far as he could into the dark shadows of his favorite hooded cloak. He made his way toward the spare uniform closet. As he walked, his lower abdomen started to tighten unpleasantly. He ignored it and continued on his way.
 
 
'Damned burrito lunch!' he thought miserably. 'I knew it was a bad idea to try something different...' Nekozawa took several painful steps, all the while calling on various demons to keep his stomach from going. Despite the pain, he entered the spare uniform closet, only to find one extra large uniform hanging there, the rest having been sent out for cleaning. He clutched his stomach, unable to believe his luck. Groaning, he turned and skulked back to the magic club room, for once pleased that his carefully cultivated creepiness was able to keep the few students in the hall at bay.
 
 
He entered the room with a sigh of relief; even his stomach pains seemed to get better as the gloom descended upon him like a comforting blanket. “Sorry; the only uniform left was so large it…” he broke off, spotting Wolfram crumpled in a pink lump on the dusky floor. Hurrying over to him, he carefully shook the other boy's shoulder. “Wolfram?” he asked. Nekozawa was concerned when the boy didn't respond at all. He gingerly felt along Wolfram's arm and was relieved to feel warmth and a steady pulse under his wrist. `At least he's not dead' he thought to himself. He wasn't sure of what to do, and started to feel a little panicked, what if he had done something very wrong with the spell and it cost this boy his life? Could he live with himself after that? Nekozawa grabbed the spellbook and sat in the light of a nearby candle. He began pouring back over the incantation, trying to determine where he had gone wrong.
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
Breakfast was almost over when Greta came into the dining hall. The brown haired
human girl looked around and huffed. “Where are Papa Yuuri and Papa Wolfram?” she demanded with a tone of imperialness only a slightly spoiled eleven year old could put in their voice when they feel left out of something fun. “They told me we could go on a picnic today but I can't find them anywhere and I need to know when to have Sangria pack it for us.”
 
 
“You can't find Hieka?” asked one of the people seated at the dining table, concern beginning to cloud his lavender eyes.
 
“I am sure they went off somewhere together since Wolfie is missing also,” chirped a busty blond lady. “Perhaps they finally decided to run off and elope. They have been engaged for a while now,” she added.
 
 
“Eloped! That's horrible!” Günter wailed “How could he do that to me? I was supposed to plan the wedding. The catering was going to be spectacular; and the decorations. Oh Hieka… How could you leave me, your most faithful servant, in the dark?” he whined as he slowly collapsed into a heap under the table.
 
 
“I don't think they would have eloped,” said a large man with a dark look on his face and long black hair held back in a ponytail at the nape of his neck. He stood, wiping his face briefly on a napkin, before leaving it on his plate, as he walked stoically from the room.
 
 
Approaching the Maou's bedchamber, Gwendal wasn't surprised to see his younger half brother already investigating the disappearance. “Conrad,” he greeted the smaller man “What have you found so far?”
 
 
“It is odd. If they left, they were traveling light. Wolfram didn't even take his uniform,” he said, crossing his arms, and absently rubbing a deep scar on his arm through his brown uniform jacket.
 
 
Günter slowly made his way out from under the table. The Lady Cecelia von Spitzbergh, ex Maou of Shin Makoku, looked worriedly after her oldest son as she wrapped an arm around Greta.
 
 
“I am sure they ran off to elope,” Günter told her quietly, giving her shoulder a comforting squeeze. “If they disappeared on their own, then they aren't in any danger and that is how it must be,” he said with more conviction than he felt. He would wait until he was not in front of Wolfram's mother and his and Yuuri's adopted daughter to fall apart over the ugly possibilities gnawing at his soul.
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
Deep in the shrine of the first king the shrine-maiden Urilke went about her daily meditation. It had been a while since the spirit of the long dead Maou Shinou had contacted her, but after over eight hundred years she performed the rituals and duties of the head shrine maiden out of long ingrained habit as much as devotion to the temple. Her long silver hair pooled around her as she knelt before the waterfall in the hall of oracles. Small droplets misted her perpetually youthful features as she sought any word from Shinou. Suddenly her eyes opened wide and a gasp escaped her tiny mouth.
 
 
“Shinou has a message for the great sage.”
 
 
A call went out amongst the shrine maidens as they looked around, trying to find the only male permitted to have even a semi-permanent residence in the temple itself.
 
 
“He is fixing the plumbing in the west hall,” one maiden called out.
 
 
Another answered, “He did that earlier; he is fixing the tiles in the kitchen now.”
 
 
Eventually they were able to track him down, oiling squeaky hinges in the little used basement store rooms.
 
 
“Urilke wants you; there is a message from Shinou,” a maiden told him quickly as she prepared herself to enter the inner chambers. The great sage of course needed no preparation and was always welcome as is. Still, he would have preferred to at least dust the cobwebs out of his dark hair and put on some cleaner clothes, but this sounded like it might be urgent, so off he went to see what kind of mischief Shinou was cooking up this time. One of the advantages of remembering every lifetime you have lived for the last few thousand years, is that you don't get flustered about much, even talking to a minor deity who was your closest friend way back when.
 
 
Not too much later, Josak Grie came knocking on the temple door. The tall redhead had been on assignment, spying for the kingdom, when he was given an urgent message by pigeon to go to the temple and inquire about the whereabouts of the king. So there he stood, still wearing his famous Miss Biceps blue dress with extra chest padding, chatting up the door guard at the temple.
 
 
“The brat seems to have gotten himself lost again,” he was saying, when he spotted Ken Murata exiting the temple. “Oy! Gieka!” he hollered, waving for attention.
 
 
Ken looked up and waved back, walking over to greet him. Inwardly he marveled at how the stout muscular redhead could be one of their better spies, but then again, rather than fooling people into thinking he was a woman, he actually was making them ignore him as a cross dressing man out to grab a bit too much attention and certainly not capable of being a spy in that get up. It was surprisingly effective. Ken walked over to lean against the doorway, smiling amiably. “Let me guess, Yuuri has disappeared?” Ken asked.
 
 
“Yes, that is what I heard and Wolfram too.” Josak confirmed with a nod.
 
 
“You won't find him anywhere in Shin Makoku, he seems to have ended up traveling to Earth somehow,” Murata said. “Shinou was nice enough to inform us of this development just now, and he also says there is esoteric majutsu involved, so you need to send someone who has done research on the subject.”
 
 
“He also says he still owes them both a favor so he will lend enough power to send five people, but to choose wisely who goes,” Urilke added quietly.
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
“Moshi moshi, this is the headquarters of the elect Shibuya Shori committee, campaign coordinator Masumoto speaking. Are you calling to give a donation today?” a sonorous voice rang out on the other end of the line.
 
 
“No, this is Shibuya Yuuri, I need to speak with my brother, Shori please,” Yuuri said tiredly.
 
 
“Mr Shibuya is a very busy man and cannot come to the phone right now; I can transfer you to his voicemail if you want,” Masumoto offered helpfully.
 
 
“No! I need to speak to him now! It's an emergency!!” Yuuri bristled.
 
 
“I am sorry, but he is on stage giving a debate on nationwide television, there isn't an emergency important enough that he would leave here tonight. Perhaps if you call him back in the morning...”
 
 
“He will for this, tell him his little brother is asking for his help.”
 
 
“If you insist on wasting my time with…”
 
 
“NO!!! Don't hang up!! Please, I need to speak to him as soon as possible! I'll hold if you want, just go tell him that I'm on the phone, please it is really important.”
 
 
“All right,” he sighed. “What was your name again?”
 
 
“Yuuri, Yuuri Shibuya,” Yuuri said hopefully.
 
 
“Please hold.” Bad music ensued... the theme song from Shori's favorite dating sim actually.
 
 
Yuuri fumed on the other end for what seems like days. `The guy must be waiting for the debate to end. Come on hurry up! Where could Wolfram be? I didn't let go of his hand; I couldn't have. So, why didn't we end up here together?' he thought while he waited. Finally the music died out to be replaced by a dial tone. `Damn!' Yuuri thought as he redialed the number, only to have it go to Shori's voicemail.
 
 
Quickly hanging up the phone, and dialing again, Yuuri started muttering things into the phone line in frustration. Next he called his own home, but also got the answering machine, so he left a quick message and tried his brother once more.
 
 
Getting his voicemail again, Yuuri decided to leave a message, perhaps if he filled the mailbox it would go back to ringing.
 
 
“Shori, its Yuuri. Your campaign coordinator hung up on me.” The anger and frustration he felt was starting to boil over and Yuuri's voice began to deepen as he continued with his message, “It is not right that he did that, my need to talk to you is urgent and he should pay for preventing me from getting in touch with you.” As he talked, Haruhi noticed Yuuri seemed to stand up straighter, his hair seemed to be getting a bit longer, or maybe it was just a trick of the light. “Justice will be served if anything happens to Wolfram because of the delay. I will find him and when I do…”
 
 
“There are more strangers in the fountain,” Hunny said, rushing out the door along with Mori.
 
 
“Haruhi, Hikaru, Kaoru, Tamaki, you stay here and entertain our guests while we go check this out. Ladies, stay here in case the new intruders are unfriendly,” Kyouya said as he followed Hunny and Mori.
 
 
Yuuri ran over to the window to see Conrad, Ken Murata, Josak, Günter, and Gwendal standing next to the fountain, exchanging words with Tamaki and Kyouya. `I hope we don't all get arrested for trespassing now. I can't afford to waste time when I don't know where Wolfram is. What am I going to tell his brothers?' Yuuri thought nervously.
 
“Yuuri, what is going on? Are you all right?!” the unmistakable voice of his older brother startled him from his thoughts. The call had actually gone through this time.
 
 
“Wolfram is gone!! I can't find him anywhere. Something weird happened and I wound up back in Japan I think he's here too somewhere and I need to find him. Murata and Conrad just got here. Do you know if Bob has a way to find out where Wolfram is? He is the Maou of the Mazoku on Earth. If he could even just allow Wolfram his element at least he could protect himself.” Yuuri finally had to pause for breath.
 
 
“What...? Wolfram is missing?” Shori asked.
 
 
“Yes!! Aren't you listening, Shori?!” Yuuri was trying not to strangle the phone in frustration.
 
 
“Where are you, you did say Japan right?” Shori asked.
 
 
“Ummm, yes...a place called Ouran High school...Don't ask me where that is... Just help me find Wolfram!” Yuuri pleaded.
 
 
“I will be right there,” Shori said, ending the call.
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
Yuuri flipped the phone shut and realized he was being stared at by more than a couple of students. He quietly handed the phone to Haruhi with a few words of thanks.
 
 
“Are you ok, Yuuri? Did you hit your head on the fountain? I can walk you to the school nurse if you want,” Haruhi said softly as she took the phone from him.
 
 
Yuuri blushed red in embarrassment. “Yeah. Well, I know I don't sound alright, but I am just really worried about Wolfram.” He flinched a bit when a loud thump behind him had him looking for the blond to burst through the door and berate him for being in a room full of pretty girls. With a crestfallen look, he realized someone had just knocked a silver coffee urn over on their table. “Yeah, so a trip to the nurse wouldn't really help much, but thanks.”
 
 
Haruhi nodded. "Okay, but if you feel the need to go later, I can show you."
 
 
“I think I will just go help my friends in the fountain,” Yuuri told her.
 
 
Just then the *Mogee! Mogeeta* ring tone the twins had programmed into the phone before giving it to Haruhi went off. “Hello?” she said, after fumbling to get it open because the cartoonish battle cry had startled her. “This is Haruhi Fujioka… yes, he is here… oh thank you… yes…. No … all right… Jennifer.”
 
 
“Yuuri, it's for you,” she said, holding the phone out for him.
 
 
After explaining the situation to his mother, who was overjoyed that he was back on Earth and insisted he come over for a home cooked curry dinner, he learned that his big brother had walked out on a big political debate of some sort. He really hoped Shori would contact Bob for him. It could take a while to track down where the old Mazoku leader was. Shori might just have to start out calling Switzerland and hope he was in touch with the corporate office there.
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
Tamaki Sou was the prince type, the original inspiration and leader of the host club. He brought in the most designations and made most of the decisions… those that Kyouya, secretary and treasurer, would let him make anyway. Seeing the strange new boy once again talking quietly with Haruhi, he got curious and slowly meandered his way over to the other half of the room where they were. He was standing behind Haruhi in a matter of seconds, with his buttercup colored entourage following close behind him.
 
 
“Who is this? Is he a transfer student? He looks just like Haruhi,” squealed one fangirl.
 
 
“Oh they are so cute together, almost like twins,” babbled another.
 
 
“Look at how Tama-kun is watching over them like a princely lion protecting his cubs,” gurgled a third girl. This was met buy excited squeals of delight from several of the girls who crowded in tighter around their prince type host club president.
 
 
Yuuri looked back out the window to see Günter standing toe to toe with Kyouya and looking distinctly unhappy. `Uh oh,' he thought as he went to leave, only to be blocked by Tamaki.
 
 
“Who are those fellows anyway?” the tall blond asked him.
 
 
Yuuri ran back to the window and saw Yozak and Conrad had stepped back to give Günter room to… `Oh no he might be wearing his sword under his cloak.' Pushing the window open, and almost falling out it, Yuuri hollered, “Stand down, Günter, that's an order!”
 
 
“Hieka! You're alright!” Günter shouted back, tears of joy starting to stream from his eyes.
 
 
“Yes, I am fine. Now just wait there; I will be right down,” Yurri called, making “stay there” motions with his hands as he pulled himself back in the window. Turning, he saw that everyone was now looking out the windows. One of the girls whispered in an awestruck voice, “Is that Günter-sama?”
 
 
000ooo000
 
 
Wolfram blinked heavily, he felt like hell. Slowly he tried to sit up only to flop back down onto the makeshift bed he was on. The demon prince found himself moaning from the lingering pain in his midriff. Looking around, he recognized the dimly lit room he had been in since his arrival in Japan. He realized the blanket under him was in fact that Nekozawa guy's cloak and Wolfram felt oddly comforted that Nekozawa would go out of his way for him. Wolfram spotted a blond boy about Yuuri's age, sitting not less than five yards away. The boy was using a candle to illuminate a book he was reading. As he watched the other boy looked up.
 
“Oh you are awake,” he said good-naturedly.
 
 
Wolfram looked at him; confused. “Hair was black?” he managed to say.
 
 
“Oh that, it is a wig,” Nekozawa said, holding the hairpiece up for Wolfram to see. “I wear it to look more foreboding, and also it helps me avoid the light. I am a creature of the night after all,” he explained.
 
 
Wolfram just gave him a confused stare, he had only caught part of what he was saying and the reference to creatures of the night went right over his head.
 
 
“Well, anyway,” Nekozawa continued, “I have been looking over the spell I used to bring you here and I think I have found something interesting. It seems when I summoned you the wording of the spell was intended to bind a fierce demon to my service, and the designs I drew on the floor were supposed to keep you imprisoned within the summoning area. Well, I didn't have part of the requisite materials to make the chalk as prescribed so the circle didn't hold but apparently the rest of the spell took.”
 
 
Wolfram stood there, trying to make sense out of the words, but was basically lost. “What?” he asked, leaning over in a futile attempt to try and read the spell book, since it was written in Japanese. The demon prince had never wished so badly in all his life that he had one of that mad scientist, Anissina's, inventions, but he would have killed an army for a `let me hear your heart's cry-kun' Mazoku translating device just then. It was frustrating to no end not knowing what was going on. He clenched his fists and took a deep breath. What could he do? If he was at home he could have sent a pigeon to the castle and had them send his horse or a carriage out to take him home. That's it! What was that talk talk-kun device Yuuri used when he was here called again? Ah…! Wolfram waved for the other boy's attention and held his hand to his ear. “Moshi moshi,” he said, pantomiming pushing buttons on the palm of his hand, and returning it to his ear.
 
 
“A phone; you want to borrow my phone?” Nekozawa asked.
 
 
Wolfram nodded as the other boy handed over the device. Now if he could just remember the right pattern of numbers…
 
 
000ooo000
 
Somewhere immaterial, tension was building like an immense force, assaulting a sturdy membrane. The energy involved, ebbed and flowed, and a massive power began to build. The static forces were currently holding, but who knew for how long. It was an instance of magic against magic and the outcome was yet to be determined. Amidst this play of power, a frightening consciousness began to awaken from a long enforced slumber. With a bit more time and gathering of forces, the resurrection would become a reality. The black wings would at long last be brought into existence as its creator had intended; whole and terrifying in its power.