Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Enough ❯ Enough ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Ouran High School Host Club characters/members. Although I want to, I don't, can't and never will… but I can still say that the story plot belongs to me.
 
Note: My very first none-Cardcaptor Sakura fic. Enjoy.
 
Chapter 1: Enough
 
 
“O-otou-san….” Haruhi whispered into the dark, foreboding night. Her almost amber eyes burned with tears. Tears? When was the last time she cried? She shivered as the wind blew sharply against her face. It stung; like the wind was about to make numerous cuts on her any second now. Haruhi knew it was going to rain. Her short, dark brown hair messed up due to the events earlier. She raised her arms to her eyes and wiped the tears away. Her silent sobs became more audible as she kneeled down on the cold, hard, empty street.
 
*Flashback*
 
“Otou-san, why didn't you tell me you could drive?” Haruhi inquired Ranka as he drove to the beach.
 
“Oh, I thought you knew that already… I can do anything you know because I'm Haruhi's father.” He told her with a big smile on his face. Haruhi smiled. It made her happy to see her father happy. She let her eyes wander outside. She could see the trees passing by quickly and almost…dangerously.
 
“You still haven't told me where you got the car.” Haruhi said. She looked at him with great curiosity.
 
“Oh, Kyouya gave it to me. He can be so adorable sometimes!” Ranka replied, her grin growing even wider.
 
Haruhi couldn't believe her ears. “No payment?”
 
Ranka put his finger to his chin. “Well, no actually. He told me that he could just add it to your debt. When he told me about that, I didn't agree at first but he said that you wanted to pay for whatever thing that makes me happy.” He wiped an imaginary tear from his eye. “That's so sweet of you Haruhi…”
 
Haruhi twitched. She sighed and looked out the window once more.
 
Typical of Kyouya….
 
“You shouldn't have agreed.” Haruhi said.
 
“But he told me you wanted this.”
 
“He lied about that. He's just going to make me work for the club even harder.”
 
Ranka was silent for a while. “So that means you don't want to make me happy?”
 
“It's not that.” Haruhi sighed. “I want to see you happy. It makes me happy as well. Its just in this situation, Kyouya takes advantage of me once again.”
 
Ranka listened as his eyebrows furrowed.
 
“Plus, when you're happy, you're just like Tamaki-sempai.”
 
Ranka growled at the mention of Tamaki's name and growled even louder to hear that h was like him.
 
“And what makes you say that?” He asked, exasperated.
 
Haruhi closed her eyes. “Both of you can be obnoxious when too happy.”
 
Those words hit Ranka like bricks. He gripped the steering wheel tightly. That tongue of hers got her into a lot of trouble sometimes and this is one of them.
 
“Well, sorry for being so obnoxious.” Ranka said sarcastically. Haruhi got her bluntness and sharp yet innocent tongue from Ranka so it was inevitable that they would get into fights at times.
 
“I wasn't saying you should apologize…”
 
“Then what? Are you hiding something from me, Haruhi?” Ranka asked fiercely.
 
Haruhi looked at her father. Her eyes were widened and her mouth was slightly open. Ranka shrugged after seeing the look on her face. “Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come out meanly.”
 
There was silence between the two for a while.
 
“I'm thirsty.” Haruhi told Ranka. “Can we stop at the next shop we see?”
 
Ranka nodded his head. They drove and drove till they reached a small shop. Haruhi got out of the car and walked towards the building.
 
“Haruhi, I'm going to drive a little around. I'll be back in a while. You take your time having a drink.” Ranka told her before closing the window without giving her a chance to say anything else. Haruhi gave him a glare and turned her back on him. Ranka just sighed and drove on.
 
As he drove, Haruhi checked out the shop. Her eyelids drooped as she came to a realization.
 
The shop is closed….
 
Haruhi's POV
 
Damn it….oh well….I'll just have to wait.
 
I sighed. I liked it when Otou-san was happy. He reminds me of the Host Club members…
 
I feel so lonely now. My only friends are the Host Club members and Otou-san. With Okaa-san not here, I feel unloved. Dad loves me but…I don't feel like its enough.
 
End of Haruhi's POV
 
Ranka's POV
 
Why does she have to be so independent?
 
Why did Kotoko have to go…? If she hadn't gone, I guess Haruhi would be more like a girl and I would be more like a boy. Haruhi hates me for this….
 
She hates me….
 
Ranka put his forehead on the steering wheel. He was nearing the shop so he slowed down a little but he was driving in the middle of the road but didn't bother to move.
 
Tears fell on his lap. He heard a faint car horn but decided to ignore it. It got louder and louder. Ranka realized what it was and raised his head to see where he was going to move but it was too late. The front lights of the car blinded him.
 
Ssssscccrrreeeccchhh…..BOOM.
 
“Otou-san!!”
 
End of Ranka's POV
 
Haruhi didn't know why she couldn't move. She had always been so independent, so calm and so strong. Why'd she have to lose her strength at the time she needed it the most? She didn't hate Ranka. She loved him to the ends of the earth and beyond. Why couldn't she think straight?
 
Ranka's car collided with the trunk of the other car.
 
“Why the hell didn't this woman move out of the damn way?!” yelled a voice near the collision. It was the owner of the car and he looked very pissed. Haruhi stared at her blankly as the man walked towards the unconscious Ranka. “Oi, you still alive?” he said as he pulled Ranka's hair to lift her head. Her eyes were closed and the side of his was bleeding. There were still tears on his cheeks and Haruhi's eyes widened.
 
Haruhi stood and ran to her father. She pulled on the man's sleeve and punched him over and over again. “Don't touch my dad!!” She yelled at him. The guy shrugged her away and she fell on the ground. He was a tough, muscular man with a frown on his face.
 
“Dad?! You mean this woman is actually a guy?! Hell, all of those should damn right die. He deserved this for making me miss my damn meeting.”
 
Haruhi's tears came flooding again. “Don't say that!! How could you be so insensitive?!”
 
The guy looked furious. He took Haruhi by the collar and lifted her effortlessly, almost choking her. “How dare you talk to me that way?! He almost killed me! My life is much more important than the life of a commoner like you and your father!” Haruhi struggled in his grasp. She remembered the Host Club; Tamaki, Kyouya, Hikaru and Kaoru, Honey and Mori. They important people alright, but the never acted like jerks. Sure they were rich bastards…..
 
But they were her friends…
 
“Let….me...go” She was starting to look purple due to lack of air. The guy dropped her roughly. He walked towards his damaged car and stepped inside. He tried to turn on the engine to see if it was still working so he could go back to his sorry life. He turned the key and the engine sprang to life. He looked towards his broken side windows and cursed. Haruhi ran towards the car. “You're just going to leave us like this?!”
 
“What do you expect? One less commoner means less paperwork for me. It's his fault.”
 
Haruhi glared daggers at him. “You're a big, fat jerk!” She kicked his car hard. The door fell because of the added attack on it. The guy stepped out. “What the crap are you doing to my car?! Isn't it enough that the back is completely wrecked!?”
 
“I'm just making it match its owner.”
 
“Why you-…..” The guy lifted his arm and fisted his big hands and gave Haruhi and painful, bloody punch on the jaw. She fell to the side as a limousine stopped in front of her. She heard the door open as her eyesight blurred. She closed her eyes and relied to her sense of hearing to tell her what was happening. She could hear the guy screaming as numerous punches and kicks were given to him. She also heard a high-pitched voice.
 
“Don't you ever hurt my friend ever again!”
 
She could hear the guy being mutilated by two people speaking in chorus.
 
“You damn, wretched piece of crap!”
 
She could hear someone on the phone.
 
“Yes….immediately…. on a helicopter please. …..best paramedics….thank you.”
 
She could hear a monotone voice.
 
“We should stop. We don't want to kill him.”
 
She could feel someone lift her up and carry her. She clutched the person's shirt as her tears fell on her wrists. She felt and heard him gasp. The person hugged her frail form tighter, as if never wanting to let go.
 
“Otou-san….g-gomen…” she whispered.
 
“Don't worry, Haruhi. Everything will be fine.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haruhi woke up; facing the window, in a humongous bedroom with walls decorated with intricate designs and painted a creamy white. She remained lying down and was in no mood to get up. There were portraits of every host club member there. She was lying in a soft warm bed and she easily guessed who the room belonged to.
 
“Tamaki-sempai…”
 
“Oh, so you're awake. You had a long nap. Your jaw is pretty much healed already. The swelling is gone but it'll still hurt a little.” came a voice form behind her. She sat up and turned to the direction of the voice. There, she encountered Tamaki's beautiful purple eyes filled with nothing but concern and care. He was sitting down on a simple chair with his arms and legs crossed. Behind him were the rest of the host club members with eyes filled with concern and care just as Tamaki's.
 
Haruhi closed her eyes and sighed. “How long was I asleep?”
 
Kaoru smiled. “About 18 hours, I suppose. Our lord here was awake, watching over you the whole while.”
 
“He wouldn't move from that position as long as you were still unconscious.” Hikaru told her.
 
Tamaki ran his hand through his hair. “I just care for Haruhi; after all, I am her dad.”
 
Haruhi's eyes widened. “What's wrong, Haruhi?” Mori asked.
 
“My dad, where is he?” she crawled towards Tamaki and placed her hands on his shoulders. “Where's my dad?” she looked frantic and looked like she was about to cry.
 
Kyouya placed his hand on her head. “He's in the hospital. No worry, he just had a concussion, a wound and a few bruises. Either than that, he's fine. And the car, don't worry about paying, it's free. It was insured anyway. Oh, and before I forget, he woke up a little while ago. He says he loves you.”
 
“And Haruhi, you idiot. Why'd you have to go against that brute?! Haven't you learned not to mess around with people you can't handle? [1]” Tamaki scolded her.
 
“I don't feel loved anymore….now you're getting mad at me. Who else can I turn to…? I was only trying to defend my dad….”
 
Haruhi let her arms down and bowed her head. She began to shake.
 
“Haru-chan?” Honey said.
 
Then they saw tears fall from Haruhi's sad, clouded, amber eyes, to her hands that were placed on her lap. She raised her hands to her face and covered it as she sobbed more tears.
 
Tamaki stood up and took her in his arms. “I'm so sorry, Haruhi…”
 
Come, stop your crying,
It will be all right.
Just take my hand,
Hold it tight.

I will protect you
From all around you.

I will be here,
Don't you cry.
 
“I fought with him before this happened… I'm sure he hates me now…” Haruhi confessed to them.
 
Mori sighed. “He won't hate you. He only wishes for your happiness. He'll never hate you, I'm sure of that.”
 
She shivered in Tamaki's arms and she hurriedly tried to wipe away all of her tears. Tamaki patted her head lovingly. “I'm sorry, I don't mean to cry…I'll just…I'll just have to get stronger so I wont be crying in the end.” Tamaki hugged her tightly. Kyouya sat down beside her and rubbed her back to calm her. He ha d no intention to make her stop crying, at least, for now.
 
“It's another form of strength to cry.” He told her. Tamaki nodded her head as Haruhi sobbed harder and harder but tried to stop the tears. Honey looked at her sadly. “Go ahead. Cry your sorrows away…you'll feel better.”
 
Tamaki smiled at Honey and turned his attention back to Haruhi.
 
“Its okay, Haruhi, its okay to cry.”
 
For one so small,
You seem so strong.
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm.
This bond between us
Can't be broken.
I will be here,
Don't you cry.
Hikaru and Kaoru sat on the bed as well. The twins laid their heads on each of Haruhi's shoulders so she could hear everything they said. She was starting to clam down now but was in hysterics. She couldn't stop crying now that she wanted to stop because she's done enough crying.
 
“You can stop crying now. Please don't worry anymore.” Kaoru whispered.
 
Hikaru smiled. “Everything will be fine. Everything will turn out right…”
 
Both twins closed their eyes and said, “…because we'll always be there for you….”
 
'Cause you'll be in my heart,
Yes, you'll be in my heart,
From this day on,
Now and forever more.

You'll be in my heart,
No matter what they say,
You'll be here in my heart, always.
“He said….he said Otou-san deserved it….” Haruhi told them. Honey sat on the floor next to her legs and put her chin on her knee. “He said that he was more important …than us….than……commoners…”
 
Tamaki let go of Haruhi and Honey gave her his bunny. Haruhi took the bunny in her arms and hugged it.
 
Honey smiled. “No one deserves that. Don't believe anything he says. He doesn't know you. Rich or poor, we're all the same so please…..stop crying.”
 
Mori walked towards her and wiped away her tears with his thumb. “Mitsukuni is right. You'll always be Haruhi to us. Like your father, he'll always be him to us. You are the only you there will ever be.”
 
“And…I think he was mad because he realized my father was a cross-dresser. He said that those kinds of people should ….die…” Haruhi said beginning to cry again. The tears fell, drop after drop onto her lap.
 
“Those people, people like that guy, don't understand what life is. Those kinds of people don't understand what real love is. Those people don't have friends.” Kyouya told her. “Even if your father and you, as a matter of fact, cross-dress, we're still human beings. We're still equal.”
 
“Don't worry. Even if you feel like you don't belong anywhere else…” Tamaki started as he brushed her bangs to the side.
 
“….you still belong with us.” The twins said in chorus.
 
Why can't they understand
The way we feel.
They just don't trust
What they can't explain.
I know we're different but,
Deep inside us
We're not that different at all.

And you'll be in my heart,
Yes, you'll be in my heart,
From this day on,
Now and forever more.

Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know?
We need each other,
To have, to hold.
They'll see in time,
I know.

When destiny calls you,
You must be strong.
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on.
They'll see in time,
I know.
We'll show them together.
Tamaki hugged her again. And so did the rest. Haruhi raised her arms to hug them back. Her eyes shed the last of her tears. She buried her head on Tamaki's shoulder. His golden hair was so soft. The twin's amber eyes were so comforting and so were Mori's and Kyouya's. Honey's smile made her feel happy.
 
'Cause you'll be in my heart,
Yes, you'll be in my heart,
From this day on,
Now and forever more.

Oh, you'll be in my heart,
No matter what they say,
You'll be in my heart, always,
Always.
 
They were like a family. All of them together made her feel loved. Haruhi realized something, her life was perfect just the way it was. It was enough.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Owari….
 
Author's Notes:
 
[1]: Remember that time when they were in the beach and Haruhi got thrown off the cliff? Tamaki was referring to that…
 
Now isn't this nice and sweet? I like it. Please, everybody, R&R!!
 
Okay people, I need help from you. Could you please give me a review/vote on who you'd like Haruhi to be paired up with.
 
I'm making another fic entitled “Kiss” and I need your help. Member with the most votes get to be with Haruhi.