Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ I have a promise I must keep ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N
Some things you should know… right now there is no real yaoi or anything, only hints of it. Also there eventually will be some light girl/girl stuff, I can't remember what it's called it's not Yuri because it's not sex; it'll only be kissing and that fluffy stuff. If you don't like it then don't read. I can't say I'm a big fan, but I don't mind reading it. Also as I've stated this is Haruhi and a made up character, I'm not a fan of OC in most fan fictions. Though again I must say I don't mind reading them. Um… I think that's all; there might be more I need to ad.
 
`Words' = thoughts
 
~***~
 
 
 
I have promises I must keep,
I have a dream I must follow,
I have someone I must protect,
I have people that must get together,
 
 
`I feel that I'm a distraction for them, that they have to force their feelings onto me; their feelings for each other become false feelings for me. Though maybe these emotions they have for me are true, yet they should know I won't be able to return their feelings…'
 
 
“Haru-chan!” a brown haired girl turns around to have a blonde teen latch on to her arm. The girl smiles at the cute childish blonde holding a pink bunny.
 
“Yes Hunny-senpai?” the brunette gives the blonde teen another soft smile
 
“Will you eat cake with me, Takashi, and Usa-chan?” the girl smiled again and nodded to the older teen. A tall stoic teen sat at a table with three slices of cake laid out for them. He nodded to the brunette girl who smiled.
 
“Maybe some other time, Hunny-senpai” she gave another sweet smile and continued thinking over her situation. The blonde smiled and went over to the tall teen and smiled even more brightly.
 
“Ah, ah, Takashi, Haru-chan will eat cake with us later!” the teen cried out in a happy childish manner.
 
“Ah…” the tall teen sat with the blonde while he ate cake.
 
 
`At least Hunny and Mori both seem content just being together how they are. I don't have to worry about letting either of them down.'
 
 
“Haruhi!” two voices called out in unison as the girl sighed and turned around to face identical smiling faces.
 
“Yes Hikaru-senpai, Kaoru-senpai?” she gave a polite smile to the twins and waited to hear what they had to say.
 
“Will you join us…”
 
“On our summer vacation?” Kaoru finished the question his older brother had started.
 
“Oh…I have plans already, perhaps another time?” Haruhi gave her close friends an apologetic smile. The two twins shrugged, and moved on with whatever they had done before; they seemed slightly crestfallen from their friend's response.
 
 
`Kaoru and Hikaru are much more difficult, though I know two people who will be perfect for them! Kaoru cares and worries for Hikaru, so I know he won't be so hurt if I reject him because he would want Hikaru to be with me, right? Though both of them will be hurt when I reject both…Dear Mother what do I do?'
 
 
“What?! Haruhi! Daughter, where are you going without us?! You must tell Father now!” the girl subtly took a calming breath and blankly looked at the loud obnoxious blonde self-proclaimed king.
 
“I'm going to spend the vacation with a very dear friend that I haven't gotten to visit yet. I think she said she might be able to visit me on this tour thing, but she hasn't called me yet,” the girl looked worried, and tried to keep her disappointment from showing in her voice. “We've been close friends since my parents brought us together when we were five,” Haruhi smiled at the vague memory. The obnoxious blonde fell to the ground tears starting to break the surface. “Listen Tamaki-senpai, I really miss my friend and I want to know if she's had any luck in getting into better classes. We're hoping to go to the same college,” Haruhi gives her obnoxious rich friend an apologetic smile.
 
“Hmm…” the girl sighed and turned to see her “favorite” twins looking at her suspiciously.
 
“Where does this friend of yours live?” Hikaru raises an eyebrow, while his brother followed up with the second question.
 
“Why do you not want to be around us?” at this question Kaoru asked Hunny suddenly appeared in front of Haruhi with watery eyes.
 
“Don't you like us Haru-chan?” the girl rubs her eyes not willing to answer Hikaru's question.
 
“Well they live in America, and it's just going to be the two of us, the two girls. I'll be hanging out with her friends and we'll be doing boring things like sleepovers; which guys aren't allowed to be apart of,” all the host members surround Haruhi looking intently at her.
 
“America!!!!!” all the males exclaim in shock (even Mori and Kyoya) which causes the girl to sigh again.
 
“This is why I didn't wan to tell you guys…” she mumbles while the males around her stare in shock.
 
“How are you paying for the ticket?” Kyoya asks in suspicious voice.
 
“Oh, um…well she pulled some strings and got a two way ticket for me free,” the girl shrugs and the dark teen nods satisfied his question was answered.
 
“We have a minute before Host Club opens for the day, close your mouth Tamaki-san,” Kyoya sighs while taping the blondes jaw with his pencil. Haruhi smiles softly at the little scene and turns away keeping her thoughts to her self.
 
 
`Perfect, Kyoya and Tamaki are friends, but with a few pushes here and there… Tamaki will be devastated, but Kyoya out of his deep friendship should be there for Tamaki. Then maybe a little romance will emerge? I hope so; I don't think I can bear seeing my friend unhappy…'
 
 
 
~***~ a few weeks ago ~***~
 
It was signaled that Host Club was open and the usual sea of people rushed in. Haruhi was surrounded by girls as he set his book down beside him. A few girls shrieked and squealed as they recognized the cover of the book.
 
“Isn't it great, I just wish my own Mathew would sweep me off my feet!” one girl gushed blushing and swooning at the same time. Haruhi silently laughed and smiled.
 
“I'm not much of a romantic but I appreciate the book and the love Violet and Matthew share,” the girls present nodded and if it was possible little hearts would be above their heads at the moment.
 
“Huh?” two voices chorused.
 
“You like this book, Haruhi?” the twins asked at the same time slightly incredulous.
 
“Yes, my friend recommended that I read it, it's pretty good, I suppose,” the girl turned to her oblivious customers and smiled. “Did you hear they're making a movie?” the girls gasped and started babbling about how hot the Mathew actor has to be. The twins walked away becoming bored with this and they knew Kyoya would not be happy if they weren't pleasing their customers.
 
“I hope they film some of it in Japanese or something…” on of the girls whined which caused Haruhi to smile.
 
“You never know, I heard that the actress who will be playing Violet can speak Japanese somewhat fluently,” the girls were spazzing out at this.
 
“How do you know?!” all the girls around her cried out.
 
“I have a friend who tells me this. Did you know that they'll be making a tour and the actors will be with the author on the tour,” girls nearly fainted at this news.
 
“They'll be in Japan!?” Haruhi nodded and smiled at the girls.
 
“They'll also be close by,” the girls actually did faint at this. Haruhi shrugged and began to read the book for the fifth time.
 
 
 
 
A/N
-The book Twilight, & New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was where I got the idea for a book all the girls would swoon over. Violet is pretty much Bella and Matthew is pretty much Edward, I'm just using those books as an idea of the romance and also so you can relate and guess what it's about (if you've read those two books by Stephenie Meyer). Also it's not that huge of a part in it, though it has a part in it and you'll see why. I'm just using it as an example but I've changed the names and stuff and it'll be (obviously) different from Stephenie Meyer's amazing books (amazing in my opinion).
 
By the way, I'm totally excited for Eclipse to come out!