Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Light To My Darkness ❯ Light To My Darkness ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
LIGHT TO MY DARKNESS
An Ouran High School Host Club Drabble

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess


AUTHOR'S NOTES: Inspired by challenge #21 "Free" on the LJ community "ouran_contest". Inspired meaning not my actual entry. Just not sure if it came out quite right. My muses are being weird. Nekozawa Umehito centric drabble.

DISCLAIMER: Ouran High School Host Club is the property of creator Bisco Hatori, HAKUSENSHA, Inc., VIZ Media (manga) and FUNimation (Anime). I do not own a single piece of the characters used here. They were kidnapped and used without permission.


~*~


There was a time when I worshipped the darkness. A time when I found it exciting. Adventurous. Comforting. Those were days long ago. Days of youth.

Days where I believed the darkness set me free.

I was never one for the light. It hurt my eyes. The doctors told me it was a simple medical condition. One I grew accustomed to. I found comfort in the darkness. In the black hair and cloak that I donned. The persona I played. And with Bereznoff at my side, I was content.

I was free.

Then one day, a light came. A beacon in the darkness that cried out to me. The wail was astounding, but I couldn't help but venture out of the darkness to see this tiny light.

"Umehito, say hello to Kirimi."

"Ki-ri-mi?"

"Say hello to your big brother, Kirimi."

"Hello, Kirimi."

All I got in response was a raspberry. A very wet and happy one. Then she smiled and reached a tiny little hand upward. I reached for that tiny hand and held it carefully in my grasp. It made the light around her that much brighter.

And suddenly, my precious darkness became a prison.

Every day I couldn't play with her. Every day I couldn't eat with her. Every day I wanted to spend with her, I withdrew further and further into the shadows. So far that I allowed them to swallow me whole.

Yet, her light...it calls to me.

I have tried to overcome. Even had friends assist in my efforts. Their help was not in vein! I can reach into the light now. Even if it is just to save her from her worst fear. Oh how it hurt, but for her, I will make every effort. For her, I will risk it all.

Fear not, Kirimi! No cat shall ever harm you.

Especially not Bereznoff.

One day, I will be free. No more black wig. No more black cloak. As long as you remain the light to my darkness. I will always find my way to you.

My dear, little sister.

Big brother loves you.


~END~