Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing To Gain, Huh? ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Ouran High School Host Club is the property of Bisco Hatori
 
Nothing to gain
 
What would I have to gain from pursuing you? You are of the common people with no power or wealth assigned to your name. I could choose almost anyone I desired to take as my own. Political power, wealth, fame; if I want more all I have to do is choose the right person. You could never give me any of that. You are intelligent, but it matters little on the larger scale. You are all but insignificant in society.
 
But this is what draws my interest to you. Where others swoon, you act as though nothing extraordinary is happening. You talk to us like you would anyone else. You don't feel anxious or nervous like all the others who come before us. You said you had nothing to give me, but you're wrong. I would gain a lover I could respect, one I could act normally around, one who would see me a person and not an idolized version of what they want.
 
Hopefully we will find ourselves in a similar situation as we did tonight. The brief glimpse of desire on your face as I hovered above you is something I wish to see once more. Though the next time I'll be sure to make sure there are no interruptions.
 
AN: Part of me wants to write a small series or at least a decent sized on-shot about Haruhi/Kyoya but right now I don't feel that I can do it justice. I will get to work on it as soon as I can and it too will probably have it's beginnings in the scene the above was born from.