Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Ouran High School Host Club {. A complicated truth .} ❯ [. a wardrobe .] ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclamer: I lay no claim to the characters or anything else in the anime/manga Ouran High School Host Club, created by Bisco Hatori.  

--------------

Chapter 1:

Jinx dashed down an overly elegant hallway decorated in intricate designed etched into the ceiling, holding her onto her bag to keep it from bouncing. She slid to a stop and jerked opened a door as she glanced back down the hall behind her, worry quite plain on her face. Satisfied for the moment she was not being followed she slowly closed the door behind her. She glanced around the room, few windows, a number of larger dressers, a wardrobes and one table.

Behind her the doorknob turned, suddenly panicked Jinx jumped inside the nearest wardrobe and pulled the door shut. She managed to turn herself around to put her back against the back wall on the wardrobe as the door of the room opened and closed. There were a few footsteps and someone walked past the wardrobe, the little bit of light that come through the area between the two doors was blotted out. The person did something on the other side of the room. Then they turned around and walked past the wardrobe again, but this time they paused. Jinx covered her mouth and held her breath.

She was blinded for a second as the doors were opened and a tall boy, with slightly messy black hair, stood in front of her. His voice was deep as he asked, "What are you doing in a wardrobe." His face was very unemotional and handsome, with nothing but an upraised eyebrow.

Jinx let out a breath and mad a face at the boy, "Hiding, obviously. Now go away, pretended you didn't see me." she then leaned forward and pulled he doors shut.

----------

Mori blinked slowly at the girl in the wardrobe as she pulled the door of her 'hiding place' shut. He stood there for a few moments then reached forward and opened the doors again. "Why, are you hiding in a wardrobe?" she girl glared at him then rolled her eyes like he was asking a stupid question with an obvious answer.

"Because someone is looking for me who I don't want to find me. Now you really should get out of here because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want them to find you either." She then went to close the doors again.

'What a strange person. How in the world did she get into Ouran High School if she didn't go here?' because she was defiantly not wear a school uniform, instead she was wearing dark skinny jeans, red convers and a bow necked black shirt suddenly the girl frozen and stared at the door in horror hearing something Mori had not.

"Quick get in here." she motioned frantically, her very confident attitude now fracture, fear and panic leaking out as she whispered at him, still glancing at the door. Mori blinked, then shook his head no. She ignored him and frantically tugged on his arm. She wouldn't have been strong enough to pull him over, but she had caught him off guard. Before he knew it he was falling into the wardrobe.

Some how the girl got the door shut behind him. "What..!" Mori started but the girl put her hands over his mouth in the dark. "Shhh..." She hissed but he ignored her trying to move. That was not a good idea because he slipped and fell forward onto the girl. She gasped in surprise and horror as his face landed in her chest. This caused her to loss her own balance and slipped onto her back.

"Ah! Stop moving!" She hissed at him, she had stop moving but Mori continued to try and get into a less awkward position in the cramped space. "Stop!" She suddenly grabbed his head and held it to her chest. This did get him to stop as a warm softness was pressed against the side of his face.

Just then the he heard the door click open, there were some strange sounds like hisses and growls. The girl's heart beat suddenly speed up and her breathing became far more shallow. What was out there that was making her this scare? She didn't seem like the kind of person easily frightened. The other thing that Mori noticed was that there were no footsteps. The floor in the room was wooden and he had distinctly remembered that his shoes had clicked on the ground.

Now a shadow passes over the line of light in the wardrobe, Mori found himself holding his breath along with the girl. Abruptly there was an explosion of hisses and furious sounding clicks. One series of sounds slowly changed. "Idiots, she's gone. You stupid hounds lost her!" This statement brought on more hisses and other sounds.

"No, no. I don't want your excuses. You," There was a pause. "change. You are going to enroll in this disgusting school and find her." An unnerving snapping and popping came from the other side of the door.

"She will not escape me." A different voice answered.

"Good," Said the first, "we will be in touch. Let move." More noises like cloth rustling and then silence. Someone, it seemed the last person, cleared their throat then the sound of shoes clicked across the room and the door opened and closed.

It was another few seconds before the girl took a breath, and relaxed. "Um, could you, ah, move your head?" She asked.

Mori blushed and slowly lifted his head. She moved to put her back against the side of the wardrobe, muttering her thanks, then reached for the door and pushed. It didn't move. The girl let out an exasperated sigh, and Mori heard her kick her door, stilled didn't move.

"It doesn't look like it's going to open. I'll just have to kick it open." The girl moved a bit and pulled her foot back.

"No!" He grabbed her ankle. "This is very expensive, if you kicked it, it would damage the door and wood." He actually could `see' her rolling her eyes at him in his mind's eye.

--------

"Fine then, how do we get out of here?" Jinx replaced her back against the wardrobe wall. The guy remained silent for a time then said, "I have a phone in my back pocket." he pulled it out, careful not to slip again. One handed her flipped the phone open and dialed a number.

"Honey." He started then a young sounding person 'yelled' into the phone. "Mori-chan! Where are you?"

Mori held the phone away from his ear, the light illuminated Jinx's face as she looked at the phone. "I'm stuck in a wardrobe.” He said calmly.

Then another voice was on the phone, "Mori! You've had four requests after you left!"

"I'm sorry Tamaki I got pulled into a problem." There was a bit of a commotion. "Honey, we need your help."

The two more voices were heard in the background, sounding one after the other, "We?! Who else-“
 “-it in that wardrobe-“
“- with you Mori?"

"Don't worry Mori-chan. We'll find you." the child-like voice of Honey chimed.

"Okay. We're on the east side of the building." he finished before hanging up. Jinx blinked at the suddenly change in light as the guy; she had heard called Mori, closed the phone.

"So, who was that?" She asked quietly as Mori tried to move into a position were his legs weren't cramped.

It was a little while before he answered, "My friends. They will find us soon. They are very good when they work together and are motivated." He sighed and moved again.

"Oh, that's good." She was able to pull her legs up to her chest to give the long legged guy a bit more room. "I'm sorry for pulling you into something like this... I should have been smarter, and it just that..." She sighed and let her head fall back; knowing if she told him the truth he would think she was insane. After a moment there was a comforting hand on her head.

"You're not one for words are you?" she asked and Mori ruffled her hair a bit.

"No." Jinx grinned to herself then caught her eyes closing. "But, would you tell me what this is all about?" He asked.

"Um..." Jinx was a little unsure about just how much she wanted to tell this person she had just meet, but he deserved some kind of explanation. "Okay, well first off my name is Jenixfer Wayon, I go by Jinx. I'm a new student going here, from America." The way she said 'new' had Mori wondering if it had another meaning. "In America I have a bit of a reputation as a...well just a reputation. But i guess my reputation preceded me. Those... um people were looking to challenge that reputation. They have been 'following' me for the last two days."

Mori blinked very slowly. Wow, this was diffidently not a `normal' rich person joining a new school. "Really and Wayon, I've never heard of that family or business."

"But now they know where I'm going to be. I can't switch schools again... It will be harder for them to get into this one, but it won't stop them…" Mori recognized Jinx was not talking to him anymore, but more to herself. Now he wondered if during those two days if she had sleeps at all.

"…no they will be searching for me. Hum... Maybe I could, no no. That's a bad idea what if... Yeah that's a better idea." Slowly her head slid to the side and rested on Mori's shoulder, and he had thought correctly about the amount of sleep Jinx had had in the last forty-eight hours. He looked to his left as she sighed, head on his shoulder, Jinx still muttering to herself.

"Yep that's what I'll do... I'll disguise myself as a guy, it won't be that hard. That will slow them down if not stop them for a while. What do you think?" she asked on the edge of sleep.

Mori blinked, he looked down in the dark them blushed and looked away, even though he couldn't see anything. "um..." that sounded a little hard seeing as she have some... curves. He was not sure how he wanted to combat that fact but her even breathing told Mori she had fallen asleep.