Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The New Host ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another Club Member
By: Kayland Elric
 
One day while Harui Fujioka, and twins Hikaru and Karou Hitachiin were walking to music room #3, known as the Ouran High School Host Club, for their daily club activities they saw a person sitting against the wall wearing boys uniform. The person had long brown hair similar in color to Harui's hair color. She had her knees brought up to her chest and her arms crossed on her knees effectively hiding her face from the view of others.
 
“Hikaru, Karou, you two go ahead.” Harui said.
 
“Playing Host to a boy Harui?” The two asked.
 
“You two should pay attention more often.” Harui replied.
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” The twins questioned.
 
“She's in our class” Harui smirked heading over to the girl.
 
“Oh. Wait.” Hikaru said.
 
“She? A cross dresser?” Karou asked.
 
“Karou!” Hikaru and Harui added and Hikaru slapped his younger brother.
 
“Ignore Karou Luna. Is something wrong?” Harui asked.
 
“Huh?” Luna asked picking up her head. “Oh hi Harui. No nothing's wrong. To be honest I'm bored so I'm sitting here thinking.”
 
Now that her face was visible she had blue eyes and she also wore a very small pair of glasses and she had her ears pierced and that had the pagan symbol on them and the same goes for a necklace around her neck that matched her earrings.
 
“Come to the Host club then.” The twins said.
 
“Isn't the Host club like playboy but for teenagers and censored?” Luna asked with a raised eyebrow.
 
“No way!” Harui said. “Other wise I wouldn't have joined.”
 
“You didn't have a choice Harui.” Karou smirked.
 
“After all, you're the one who broke an eight million yen vase.” Hikaru finished.
 
“Wait, eight million? How the hell did you manage that?!” Luna asked.
 
“I was clumsy.” Harui sighed. “I joined the host club in order to pay them back, but it's fun cosplaying too.”
 
“But don't the members have to kiss their appointments? That's what I heard anyway.” Luna asked with her eyebrow raised again.
 
“You know a lot for a new student.” The twins added suddenly.
 
“Your clients have been trying to drag me to the host club all day long. They know that although I'm seventeen I've never had a crush or relationship. They hoped I'd fall for one of you guys but I know I won't.” Luna explained stretching out her legs as Harui stood up next to her.
 
“Wait, seventeen? What are you doing in our grade if you seventeen?” Karou asked shocked.
 
“I was held back in America two years because I was deathly ill. I missed to much school and it's hard to get a tutor while you're in a hospital especially because I'm not rich or anything.” Luna explained.
 
“You're not rich? Then how are you here? You need a high social status or be rich to go here.” Hikaru asked.
 
“I took a scholarship exam to get in here. To be honest the only reason I'm here is because it will look good on a collage application when I graduate here.” Luna answered
 
“It's the same entrance exam I took to be here. They only offer it to the schools with students who might actually stand a chance at getting in.” Harui added to the explanation.
 
“So is there a reason why you're wearing a boys uniform?” Karou asked.
 
“Yeah. These uniforms are cheaper than the girls uniforms and I have braces on my legs and ankles that make the girls uniform extremely uncomfortable for me and they won't fit me especially with my braces on my ankles.”
 
“Why do you need braces for? Do you have broken bones?” Harui asked not knowing this part about Luna.
 
“Kinda, it's to keep my bones from breaking. My bones in my knees and ankles dislocate easily. If I twist my legs or feet the wrong way when I don't have my braces on, I could dislocate my kneecap or my ankle. It happened so much before I got braces that I no longer feel pain if they do and I don't know it except for the extreme stiffness or the small amount of paint that I do manage to feel when they get back into joint.” Luna explained.
 
“Oh. So what are you going to do?” Harui asked curiously.
 
“Probably go home and write a book or something.” Luna answered after thinking for a few seconds.
 
“Wait, you write?” The twins asked.
 
“Yeah. Actual novels and fanfictions. I also write scripts and I'm a professional singer.”
 
“Didn't Kyoya want someone of that structure Harui for the club?” Karou asked.
 
“Yeah he did. Will you talk to Tamaki-sempai and Kyoya-sempai, Luna?” Harui asked.
 
“You guys need help?” Luna asked. “Sure I'd be happy to help you guys out.”
 
“Hold up. I thought you didn't want to go to the host club.” Hikaru said, unsurely.
 
“I don't want to go to get waited on by you guys as hosts. I don't judge people and I like to help people out. What's coming up that you guys need an writer?”
 
“The school carnival. It's student run and the only money we can use is to buy supplies or props for our stands or costumes. Since we cosplay we were going to do a host club special booth.” Harui explained. “None of us have exceptional writing skills so Kyoya wanted to hire someone to help write a script for us to follow in the carnival.”
 
“Let her talk to Kyoya-sempai. He'll be able to explain it better.” Hikaru and Karou said.
 
“Okay. Good point.” Harui said. “Come on Luna.”
 
“Alright.” Luna added as Harui gently helped her up off the ground and she followed the trio to the abandoned music room.
 
Once they got to the door of the Host Club Harui opened the door and everyone headed inside where a boy who had blonde hair and looked like he was six and carried a stuffed bunny ran over to them.
 
“Haru-chan, Hika-chan, Karo-chan, why are you two so late?” The boy asked in a childish voice.
 
“HARUI!!!!” Another Boy with blonde shouted in a hyper voice and tackled Harui with a giant bear hug. “Don't make your daddy worry like that! You're ten minutes late to the club. I thought those two pervert twins were doing something to you.” He said and then gasped a backed away. “They didn't do anything did they?”
 
“No Tamaki-sempai. I'm the reason we're late.” Harui said sweat dropped.
 
“So you were on them!? I thought I taught you better!” the one named Tamaki shouted.
 
What the hell did I agree to? Luna thought to her self as she tried to scoot away only to bump into someone. “Sorry.” Luna apologized.
 
She looked up and saw that the man she bumped into was about 6'2”. He looked really mellow and stared at her intestinsly. He had black hair and black eyes and Luna was starting to get nervous about the people in the room until a man who also black hair came over and he wore a pair of glasses and he carried a notebook and pen sticking out of the bind and he stepped in front of Luna.
 
“I don't seem to have an appointment for you. What is your name?” The man with the glasses asked curiously.
 
“I'm afraid you're mistaken sir. I'm not here for an appointment.” Luna said backing away again until her leg gave out and everyone heard a sickening crack coming from her leg. Darn it. One of my braces must've been loose if my ankle dislocated again. Luna thought as the smallest boy came over.
 
“Are you alright miss?” He asked. “Did you break anything?”
 
“More like dislocated. Do you have someplace I can sit at I need to reset my ankle?” Luna asked.
 
“Sure this way.” The boy with glasses said and everyone stared at him. “What is it?”
 
“She can't walk.” Hikaru and Karou said. “She dislocated her ankle.”
 
“Oh, right. Mori-sempai will you please?” Kyoya asked.
 
“Hmm.” The tallest man, apparently known as Mori said as he came over and picked Luna up gently and brought her to the couch.
 
“Um…thank you.” Luna said as she grabbed her ankle and took off her brace and then reset her ankle, which resulted in another sickening crack before replacing the brace. “Good as new.”
 
“Didn't that hurt?” The smallest asked.
 
“I'm used to it. It happens all the time for me.” Luna replied.
 
“What is your name Princess?” The one named Tamaki asked.
 
“It's Luna, but if you call me Princess again you won't be working in the host club again because you won't be living. It's Luna and only Luna.”
 
“Aren't you here for an appointment?” The boy asked.
 
“This is the reason Hikaru, Karou, and I were late. I we were talking to Luna in the hallway. I thought something happened to her and since she's new I wanted to make sure she was alright.” Harui explained. “Like I said we're sorry about being late. Even if it was just ten minutes.” Harui added whispering the last part.
 
“Oh miss Eclipse I assume?” The man with the glasses asked with an amused tone to his voice.
 
“That's Kyoya-sempai. The one I mentioned to you.” Harui said. “Then there's Tamaki, the “King” of the host club, the tall one's Takashi-sempai but everyone just calls him Mori-sempai, the one who looks like he's in grade school is Hunny-sempai but he's super strong. He's a world class martial artist.” Harui explained.
 
“Oh. Pleasure to meet you all.” Luna said.
 
“Luna's a writer and professional singer. Kyoya-sempai mentioned needing a writer to help come up with a huge theme for the carnival and Luna's volunteered to be our helper in those departments.”
 
“Can you write based on any theme?”
 
“Yeah pretty much. I warn you that my grammar skills aren't as up to par as my singing skills but I've been told that I was rather good. However that's your descion to make.”
 
“How long do you have to make a skit?” Tamaki asked.
 
“Depends on how long you need the skit to be.” Luna replied.
 
“Well, let's talk over here. Everyone else, assume your regular host activities. If any of Kyoya or my appointments come in tell them we'll be with them momentarily.” Tamaki ordered.
 
“Yes sir!” Everyone else said and they headed to a changing room where they got the costume of the day on. While Tamaki and Kyoya sat on at the table and Luna pulled out a notebook. “This is where I write the ideas for skits down. Now who are going to be your main characters?”
 
“Who ever you prefer. We just want you to know of our roles.”
 
“You mean your profiles?”
 
“Sure that'll work.” Tamaki said.
 
“Tamaki as Harui said before, is the king. He always assumes the important roles like today we're having an Egyptian theme and Tamaki is supposed to be a pharaoh and the rest of us are his lowly slaves.”
 
“That doesn't seem right.”
 
“We all completely understand our equality. Tamaki gets the important roles because he's the founder of this club. It's only fair for the founder to be the most important here.”
 
“I'm sorry I'm American so I'm new to Japanese clubs like this. In America who founded the clubs wouldn't matter because we're all equal there. We'd take turns in who was the main character there. Unless it was part of a series then the main characters would be the same.”
 
“We understand completely.” Tamaki said.
 
“Alright so Tamaki is the important lead. Who're the others?”
 
“Hikaru and Karou, the twins, play the role of homosexuals and act like they are together. However they are not like that in real life just here they are. They're mischievous, too. Tamaki quarrels with them all the time over Harui.” Kyoya explained.
 
“I do not!” Tamaki shouted but was ignored.
 
“Then you have Hunny. He is the youngest and acts childish but is rather mature for his age and loves sweets. Mori is his bodyguard and his extremely silent. He likes to work through his body signs rather than using words. Harui is a normal character. She pretty much does the back work for us when we are swamped in order to pay back the debt she owes us for breaking a vase.”
 
“Got it.”
 
“Now, about your singing skills. Can you demonstrate your skills for us?”
 
“Does anyone here play the piano?” Luna asked.
 
“Yes. I happen to know how to play the piano, mistress.”
 
“What did I tell you earlier Tamaki-sempai?” Luna asked growling in anger.
 
“Sorry. Force of habit. Follow me if you can.” Tamaki said getting up and headed over to the piano and Luna followed him.
 
“Wait Lun-chan. You dislocated your ankle how are you able to move?” Hunny asked when he noticed she was up and walking.
 
“Oh my braces let me move. Otherwise I'd pretty much be in a wheelchair for no reason. I'm fine though don't worry Hunny-sempai.” Luna added pulling out a binder filled with sheet music.
 
“Can you play that Tamaki-sempai?”
 
“Of course. It's rather simple commoners music isn't it?”
 
“Not really there isn't such a thing as commoners music.” Luna said and she stood ready in a pose while Tamaki started to play the tune on the piano.
 
Shine, bright morning light,
Now in the air the spring is coming
Sweet blowing wind
Singing down the hills and valleys
Keep your eyes on me
Now we're on the edge of hell
Dear my love
Sweet morning light
Wait for me you've gone much farther
To far
 
Shine, bright morning light,
Now in the air the spring is coming
Sweet blowing wind
Singing down the hills and valleys
Keep your eyes on me
Now we're on the edge of hell
Dear my love
Sweet morning light
Wait for me you've gone much farther
To far
 
“Not bad at all Ms. Eclipse. I think we would love to have your singing skills on our side at least.” Tamaki said.
 
“She'd make a good host. Can you act as well.” Kyoya asked.
 
“I can. But I wouldn't want to be a host though.”
 
“Please add yourself to your skit. We would like you to perform with us in our skit. We'll need someone to sing in the skit as well.”
 
“Alright.”
 
“You are free to stick around to study how the other members of the host club function to give you ideas for your story.” Tamaki added.
 
“Thank you.” Luna said and she set to work to monitor the host club.
 
I do not own Fake wings from .//hack sign. I don't even own the sheet music I learned how to play that song on the piano and guitar by ear and from my friend and I singing it so many times while standing by my keyboard in school.