Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The New Host ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay I apologize for this but it's rant time. Lol. I checked the status of this story because I heard nothing from anyone, no story alerts, no reviews or anything and I was considering taking it down when I was surprised to find this story had 45 people who read it in the two week period this story has been up. I want to thank all those people who have read this story but please let me know how it is. I have never even attempted a story like this even in my mind and I've only been watching Ouran for about a month now after I found it on Youtube when my friend in school told me to read the manga. I still have to finish that yet but I did watch the whole series in English. They couldn't have picked a better cast for the voice actors of that show. I even think that Caitlin Glass was a good pick for Harui and I didn't like her past roles in shows like Fullmetal Alchemist or One Piece although I hate one piece to begin with but heck. Also Vic is awesome as Tamaki and even though he made his voice sound like Edward from Fullmetal often it was perfect and my friend Sam and I say that we can sometimes see Ed rants in Tamaki when he yells at Hikaru and Karou if he was dating Winry or something like that.
 
Anyway, all I want is a good job, it sucks, or something to let me know that this isn't a waist of my time. Especially because this is the first story that has my new writing style in it because my friend told me that I should write a little differently. I'll write chapter two but unless someone asks me to write chapter three I'll leave it at two for a few more weeks before I take it down. Also I was aware that some parts of the story was screwed up and got deleted so I fixed that while I checked the chapter myself and so I reuploaded chapter one.
 
This story's life depends on you. If you suggest things I guarantee I will incorpate them into the story and you will get credit for that suggestion/chapter I promise you. So here's Chapter two.
 
Chapter Two
 
Luna remained sitting on the couch with her notebook wide open as she took notes on each club member.
 
Hikaru and Karou kept trying to rob the notebook to see what she was writing about them but she kept throwing the notebook under her shirt or sitting on it. However after fourteen attempts she started to get pissed.
 
“Hikaru! Karou! Cut it off!” Luna shouted after the fifteenth attempt and she slammed her notebook closed and slapped the two of them on the head with the said notebook.
 
“Ow, what did you do that for?” Karou moaned as he and Hikaru clutched their heads in pain.
 
“Yeah, we just wanted a peak.” Hikaru added in pain.
 
“Exactly. I can't concentrate when people try to read over my shoulder. Besides, it'll spoil the surprise. Don't worry your skit will be fine and nothing bad will happen.” Luna assured as she sat on her notebook again.
 
“AHHHHHHHH!!!!!” Tamaki shouted and everyone turned to see him sulking in the corner with a doom cloud above his head.
 
“Um…what's up with Tamaki-sempai?” Luna asked with curiosity.
 
“Harui probably dissed him again.” Hikaru sighed.
 
“It's rather pathetic to watch actually.” Karou added shaking his head.
 
“He gets beat by a lousy commoner.” They sighed in unison.
 
“You know, you two can be beaten too right?” Luna asked smugly.
 
“Ha! Yeah right.” Hikaru laughed and the two crossed their arms.
 
“How can we be beaten by a commoner?” Karou asked in the same smug tone Luna had.
 
“Alright.” Luna said opening her notebook to a blank page so that the script and notes couldn't be revealed. “This is where I'm going to write the script. Before I turn it into an official script by typing it up and making sure it's grammatically correct and everything like that.”
 
“So?” They asked. “How are we beat?”
 
“You can't figure it out? Honesty? Your reputations like souly in my hands and my pen/pencil. I can make you do embarrassing things.” Luna said evilly and the twins huddled in the corner with Tamaki.
 
“A commoner beat us!” They cried in anguish and Luna smirked.
 
“I must say Luna I'm quiet impressed.” Kyoya said suddenly from behind Luna making her jump slightly.
 
“Sorry about that Kyoya-sempai. I didn't know you were there.” Luna explained. “Why are you impressed?”
 
“Simple. Hikaru and Karou love to play games. Only two people have been able to beat them at their own games so far and those are Tamaki and Harui. But Tamaki doesn't really count.” Kyoya explained pushing up his glasses, which sparkled in the light that almost made him look like he had a plan brewing.
 
“What kind of games?” Luna asked.
 
“Let's play the which one his Hikaru Game!” Hikaru and Karou shouted back into their usual selves and put a baseball cap on their heads.
 
“Did they just pull those out of their asses?” Luna thought sweat dropping.
 
“Alright, pay attention Luna.” They said in unison. “This is how the which one is Hikaru Game works. We switch ourselves up like so.” They started and they ran around each other in circles and then stood next to each other again. “Now you choose. So which one of us is Hikaru?”
 
“Hikaru is on the left.” Luna said simply pointing to Hikaru. “And that's Karou there.” Luna added pointing to Karou.
 
“Nope!” They shouted happily.
 
“Yeah. I'm right.” Luna replied.
 
“Alright, how do you figure?” Karou asked always eager to hear how people think they are different and everyone in the club was eagerly awaiting Luna's answer too.
 
“I assume you two are identical twins am I right?”
 
“What about it?” They asked confused.
 
“Well I know a pair of identical twins. So I learned how to look for small differences in their appearances, voices, and personalities to help me tell the two apart. You two are no different from them.”
 
“Oooh.” Tamaki and Hunny moaned each with a notebook so they could take notes and Kyoya was doing the same thing with his notebook but that was always out and taking notes of some kind.
 
“Okay then.” Luna replied confused and then she sighed and started her explanation again. “Karou is slightly more vocal than Hikaru is. When you two speak out of unison. Also your voices are in different pitches. Hikaru's is a little deeper than Karou's and sometimes Karou's cracks but it's rare that that happens. Also I noticed that when you two do your acts Karou is the shyer one of the two. Then Hikaru is a hair taller than Karou is too and slightly more developed like Mori, Tamaki, and Kyoya. If I were to guess, I'd say Karou is the younger twin right?”
 
“How'd you know that!?” The whole room asked shocked.
 
“Even if their DNA is the same, growth spurts depend on the body, not DNA. Older twins are usually a little taller and more developed than the other one. Karou's almost there though he's only slightly different than Hikaru like I said.” Luna explained.
 
“She…she's right.” Hikaru said shocked.
 
“Hikaru! Back to back!” Karou called.
 
“Gonna doubt me boys?” Luna smirked.
 
“Of course! Harui and the Boss are the only ones who figured it out and Boss had a month to figure it out with a few guesses. Harui did so within a couple of weeks and without asking us any questions.” They shouted. (I don't know the time span of episode one and episode 5 I know it's about a week or so because of episode two)
 
“Like I said before, I know various sets of twins both identical and fraternal. I learned how to tell them apart even though when I first met my friends who are identical twins it did take me a little while but I did eventually get it. I may screw up names but know the rest of it.” She added as she wrote some more notes into her notebook.
 
Luna stayed at the club until closing time when she followed everyone to the main gates.
 
“Where's your ride Lun-chan?” Hunny asked cutely.
 
“I'm a commoner remember? I don't have I ride, I walk everywhere.” Luna replied.
 
“It must suck to be a commoner.” Hikaru and Karou shrugged.
 
“I suppose it would to someone who's rich.” Luna added. “Kyoya-sempai. Would you like me to come within the week to deliver the script?”
 
“That'll be alright.” He replied from inside his car.
“I'll see you then.” Luna added before she started to head to her house which was in the opposite direction of Harui so she walked on her own.
 
The next couple of day went by normally for the host club but after Luna's explanation Hikaru and Karou was easier for the guests of the host club to tell who was who.
 
“I'm going to get Eclipse so badly!” Hikaru shouted one day.
 
“Why? What did she do?” Tamaki asked.
 
“After she explained how she could tell the difference between Hikaru and Karou everyone keeps winning the which one is Hikaru game.” Kyoya said pushing up his glasses.
 
“It's not fun anymore and that game was always fun for us.” Hikaru said.
 
“Don't worry Hikaru there are still plenty of people who don't know how to tell the difference between you two. Why don't we eat some cake?!” Hunny asked holding out a piece of strawberry cake trying to lighten up the mood.
 
“I don't want any stupid cake!” Hikaru shouted and he hit the plate and it fell to the floor and broke.
 
“Someone seems rather pissed off today.” Luna said as she entered the club. “What's the matter Hikaru?”
 
“You!” He shouted and grabbed Luna's shirt.
 
“Hikaru stop that!” Karou said trying to pull his brother off but it didn't work.
 
“It's all your fault! Everything was fine the way it was before you explained everything in so much detail. Now it's like everything we went through was for nothing.” Hikaru said getting ready to snap even more but Luna grabbed Hikaru's arm and forced him to lower it.
 
“Now I see. It seems like you depended on that game you played. You know people knowing which is which isn't a bad thing. Try not having an identical twin or a twin at all and no one knows you at all either or plain out ignores you. That's the life I have. You think that people knowing who you are is a bad thing. But you have no idea.” Luna said sadly and walked over to Kyoya and handed him a stack of papers. “Those are the copies of the script. It's all finished. Let me know when you want me to come in to practice them with you guys. I'm in class 1-A like Harui is.” Luna added and she bowed respectively and left the host club.
 
“That went a little to far Hikaru.” Karou said.
 
“Do you think she meant what she said?” Hunny asked sadly looking up to Mori. “About not being known.”
 
“No one in class talks to her except for us three. They all ignore her and pretend she's not around. I wonder if she took the scholar ship to try and get around that.” Harui wondered.
 
“Well, our job is to make every woman happy.” Tamaki said. “Let's use this skit to try and to make Luna happy. After all, after she performs with us in the fair I'm positive people will know who she is since we're so popular and all.”
 
“I have no problem with that logic.” Kyoya replied pushing up his glasses.
 
“If you say so Kyoya I'm in too.” Hunny said and Mori nodded with a grunt. “What about you Hika-chan, Karo-chan, Haru-chan?”
 
“I'm in. She's a good person.” Harui said.
 
“Me too.” Karou said. “I know how it feels to be not known after all.” Karou thought sadly looking at the door.
 
“I don't care.” Hikaru added. “Excuse me for a minute.” Hikaru said and he left the club and ran down the hallways to try and apologize to Luna but she was nowhere to be found.
 
“I wonder where she went.” Hikaru added out loud but in a whisper. “He looked around for a minute more but he couldn't find her so he headed back to the club where he spent the rest of the day looking at the script. He definitely needed to apologize in the morning in the classroom.
 
There's chapter two. Remember if I don't hear anything I'm going to get rid of this story. I believe it's also on mediaminer but I forgot if I put it there or not yet. If someone does want me to continue please let me know otherwise it's only going to stay in the depths of my mind and my two best friends/idea throwers. If someone does want me to continue it might be for a while if I don't get suggestions because I don't have a skit made yet so I have to write that in order to have them practice the skit and to actually perform it in the final chapter. Without suggestions this story might not be more than ten chapters maybe less so please let me know what you guys think should happen. Should I create relationships? Should I take scenes from the anime/manga and if it's from the manga please let me know what chapter to find it in because I will get a way to see the chapter online I promise. If you have ideas on what the skit should be or you would like to suggest one yourself that you created let me know and I'll get in touch with you. Either by PM or when I review because when you review, story alert, or favorite I look at your stories too and read them if you write about shows I know about so I don't make an ass out of myself when I go to review them because I'll be lost trust me I tried that and I did make an ass out of myself. Either that or I'll thank you for reviewing and stuff by replying or sending a PM. Also if you have questions let me know and I'll answer them.