Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The mixed up anime dream... the story! ❯ Dinner with Gene ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Like before I don't own DBZ, just my own fictional people.

"Hey Mika how was y our first day with Washu"
"Scary. I walked into her lab it was all dark and spooky!"

"That's Washu for ya."

"Well she asked how you were and I kinda told her about your eye problem." Kiya looked up from her papers and raised an eyebrow.

"What eye problem?"

"You mean you don't know?" Kiya shook her head. "Well I kinda notest that every time your rally stressed or what ever you eyes turn different colors. Like that day you found me in the closet. Your eyes flashed blued. I thought I was seeing things. But it happened again."

"What?" Kiya pulled out a mirror from her purse. "They look their normal color."

"Yeah, but when your really stressed look again you'll see."

"Ok…" `what if she's right? Uh, oh what if Washu wants to experiment of me?!"

"AAAAH!" Kiya screamed out loud at the thought. She' seen the crazy things she does and that poor guy Tenchi using him as her guinea pig.

"What's wrong Kiya?" Mika asked.

"Er, I thought I saw a spider. You know some are very venomous. Plus they have all those legs and they're hairy!" Kiya lied. `I wont tell Mika abs out it. Mika will end up telling Washu and I'll end up like the others! I swear that woman wants to know about every living race. How she managed to get a florkia to test, I will never guess. The freakiest creatures! They shoot beams from their eyes. Some don't know how to control it so you'd be talking to one and BAM! You're lying on the ground, fried or frozen. They look pretty much like humans, but they have animal features like cat ears and tails. They're not a very friendly race though they don't like to fight. The only ones here have to.

There are different races running all over. Most of her friends were either human or Saiyan. She admired the Saiyans for their power. Some have the power to destroy a whole planet. She didn't doubt it. She's seen trunks and Goten in combat down on that stupid planet Vixxon. Why is she fighting for some stupid planet? Because that's the only way she can be close to her loved ones, close to the only people she has left.

The station is full of different warriors. Whether you like the Saiyans fighting hand to hand or like Kiya operating some type of MS your fight in the war. For the people on a planet you don't give a hoot about. But if you want to stay close then that's the price you pay.

*Beep*

Kiya Blinked

*Beep*

There it was again

*Beep*

And again. `what is that?'

*Beep*

Kiya snapped out of her day dream and realized it was her beeper.

*Beep*

"Where is it?"

*Beep*

Stop!

*Beep*

Why won't it stop. Where are you

*Beep*

stupid thing?

*Beep* "Ah-ha!" Kiya picked up her beeper and pushed a little blue button.

"WHAT!?!?" Kiya screamed. It was Gene. He sweat-dropped.

"Catch you at a bad time?"

"Sorry. I was working on the report on why our MS was spotted "out of place." What do you need. It's my day off."

"You never did tell me what happened that day…"

"What do you care?" She snapped.

"NO need to yell!" Gene raised his hands into the defense position. "You never said sorry."

"Sorry. You happy now let me-"

"Hey, look Kiya I didn't call you to gtet an additude from you. I just wanna know what happened."

"Why do you care?"

"Cause I care for you and I don[`t want to see you hurt that's all."
"That's not like y ou. So I won't waist your time. I'll tell you. It wasn't Trunks you talked to-"

"What really?"

"REALLY. It was his stupid geek roomy and the next time i see him I'm going to kill that freak for spying!"

"Wow. I feal sorry for that kid! Hey do you want to have Dinner? I have something to give you."

"I guess, but I have to-"

"Great, I'll be by your place around seven o'clock. See ya."

The scren when t blank and dissinagrated.

"Okay then that gives me an hour to finish this up. Great, hope this is imbortant.

------7:20-----

"I hope ths is important Gene. I still have to write the rest of the paper and I'm only-"

"No need to." Gene said calmly.

"What!? You mean I worlked on my day off to work on a paper that doesn't matter!?"

"Well not anymore, I mean not to you at least."
"What do you mean not to me?"

`i'll talk Jim into writing the rest. But I got this in the mail… Its for you." Gene handed Kiya an envelope addressed to Kiya, Gene and Jim.

"What is it?" Kiya asked while pulling out the piece of paper.

"Read it." Gene placed his elbows on the table and his chin in his hands. Watching Kiya read. After awhile Kiya looked up at him and smiled.

"This is great! But its for the last P-division though."

"They want to put you with some other group where you can use your skill and knowledge of the mobile suit. You don't have to go, you can still stay with us you know. Jim and I…"

"Well…"

"You'll still get the money if you atleast help train."

"I don't get it."

" You can still stay, but if you decide to go and work with the other team you will receive a higher pay. They are also saying that if you want to stay with us, you can train others to learn more about their own mobile suit."

"But, I don't wanna leave you guys…"

"Read the rest. It has more to it. I need to get going so I guess I might to see you later."

Kiya stood up and hugged Gene goodbye.

"I won't leave you guys." She still had her arms wrapped around him and looked up. He smiled back to her and squeezed her.

"Your to kind Kiya."

"I know." She waved to Gene as he turned the corner leaving the giant commons.

"This is stupid. They deserve just as much credit." Kiya sat back at the table staring at the letter when somebody wrapped there arms around her shoulders.

"Kiya!" Kiya cringed. `please don't let it be' "YAMCHA!? I thought you were dead!"

"Far from it." Kiya picked off Yamcha's arms like they were something that crawled out of the garbage.

"This seat empty?"

"Yes, but if you sit down so will this one." Kiya gathered her letter and stood up and started to walk away, but Yamcha grabbed her hand.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"You!"

"Please! Let me get to my business , thank you."

"Don't you miss me?" Yamcha pulled Kiya in close to his chest.

"I was glad when I found out you were dead! But that was a lie." Kiya pulled out of Yamachas grasp and walked away.