Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Of Princesses and Space Pirates ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the rights to any of the characters in this fanfic, nor do I claim any of them. The idea, however, is mine. Enjoy!
 
AN - Hey! Well, I've had this idea for a very long time, and I finally had the chance to write it! This will be a Tenchi (Muyo)/Outlaw Star crossover. It's taking place roughly around the time of end of the Tenchi Universe series (although I'm mixing in and taking into context some of the events of the OVA), and is AU-ish for Outlaw Star. I hope you enjoy this!
 
Of Princesses and Space Pirates
Prologue
 
 
Sasami sat on the ground with her elbows propped up on the table, absolutely bored out of her mind. It had been nearly a month since she and the other girls had returned to Tenchi, to their home. She looked over at Noboyuki Masaki, her father. He was quietly reading the newspaper, sipping on a cup of tea. He smiled kindly at her when he looked up and saw her staring at him.
 
Sasami sighed. It had been nearly a month since the Masaki family had to go to clear their names on Jurai. It was all because one of Grandfather's old enemies wanted revenge. She looked over at Katsuhito, her grandfather, and also her half-brother Yosho. He had his eyes closed and it looked like he was meditating, though it was hard to tell with him.
 
"Grandfather, would you like something to eat," Sasami asked. He opened his eyes, and looked at her while shaking his head. "Tea, then, perhaps," she offered.
 
"No, Sasami, I'm fine," Katsuhito replied. He closed his eyes again, and Sasami turned towards Noboyuki.
 
"What about you, Father," she asked.
 
"I'm fine, Sasami," he said cheerfully. He looked at his watch and sighed. "I'm late for work as it is!" Noboyuki stood from his seat and patted Sasami on her head as he walked past her. "Have a good day, everyone," he exclaimed, heading towards the door.
 
"Oh no," Sasami thought, seeing Noboyuki's briefcase sitting in the corner of the room. She quickly got up and grabbed it, then headed towards the front of the house. "Father, wait," she exclaimed, rounding the corner. Noboyuki stood after putting on his shoes, and looked at her.
 
"What is it, Sasami," he asked. "Is something wrong?"
 
"You almost forgot this," she exclaimed, offering him the briefcase.
 
"Oh thank you, Sasami," he replied. He took the briefcase from her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Sasami watched as he left, and then returned to the table to finish her breakfast.
 
"Well, I'm going to head for the shrine," Katsuhito stated, rising from his seat just as Sasami sat back down.
 
"Are you sure you don't want anything, Grandfather," Sasami asked. She sighed as he shook his head, and then left the room, his arms crossed behind his back.
 
"Sasami," Ayeka began, putting down what she was writing and sipping her tea. "Why are you so restless this morning?"
 
"I don't know, Ayeka," she replied. "I'm just bored, I guess."
 
"Surely there's something you can do," Ayeka stated quietly. She reached across the table and poured herself more tea, then picked up her writing once again. Just then, Ryo-oh-ki bounded into the room.
 
"Mreow," she greeted.
 
"Oh, Ryo-oh-ki," Sasami exclaimed. She watched as the cabbit stuck her nose skyward, twitching it slightly as she sniffed the air. "Are you looking for something to eat, Ryo-oh-ki?"
 
"Mreow," she murmured, seemingly shaking her head. Her ears twitched, and she ran back out the room.
 
"Morning Princess," Ryoko's voice was heard, seconds before she phased into the room. Sasami looked behind Ayeka, where Ryoko was lying nearby, on the couch.
 
"Good morning, Ryoko," Sasami exclaimed. "Did you have a good night's sleep?"
 
"Yeah, Sasami," Ryoko replied, stifling a yawn. She leaned forward and looked over Ayeka's shoulder. "What are you doing, there, Princess?"
 
"It's none of your business, Ryoko," Ayeka snapped. "But if you must know, I'm writing a list of things I can do to be more helpful around here for Lord Tenchi."
 
"Where is Tenchi, anyway," Ryoko asked as she sat up. She crossed her legs and floated in the air a few inches above the couch. "He's not coming to breakfast?"
 
"Lord Tenchi is where he always is at this time of the day. You'd know that if you got up before noon on a regular basis," Ayeka replied haughtily. She set down her list and turned around. "What are you doing up so early, anyway?"
 
"Not that it's any of your business," Ryoko stated, throwing back the choice of words Ayeka had used, "but I just couldn't sleep." She shrugged. "So, I decided to grace you with my presence." She smiled wickedly as Ayeka visibly angered.
 
"Now see here, you monster-"
 
"Ayeka," Sasami interrupted, trying to prevent the ensuing argument. "Do you want to join me at the baths?"
 
"No thank you, Sasami," Ayeka said, returning to her notepad, whatever she was going to say to Ryoko lost. "I want to finish this."
 
"But… oh, okay then," Sasami replied, crestfallen. Ryoko looked from Sasami to Ayeka, and then back again, and a small smile appeared on her face.
 
"C'mon, 'lil Princess," Ryoko stated, lowering herself to the ground and standing. "I'll go with you."
 
"Really, Ryoko," Sasami asked, her eyes shining slightly. "You'll go with me?"
 
"Sure," Ryoko replied with a shrug. "I could use a relaxing bath."
 
"Well, first let me clear our things off the table," Sasami stated. She gasped as Ryoko grabbed her underneath her arms and floated into the air.
 
"Nonsense," Ryoko exclaimed. "She can take care of it for once. Besides, it really stinks in here." Ayeka glared up at her at the last statement, and Ryoko laughed, phasing out of the room with Sasami in tow before Ayeka had the chance to respond.
 
"Oh, that Ryoko," Ayeka exclaimed angrily. She placed her notepad down once again, and then began to clear off the table. She looked up as she heard the shuffling a feet and saw Washu enter the room.
 
"Hi Lady Ayeka," she exclaimed. "What's for breakfast?"
 
"Whatever you can find in the kitchen, Miss Washu," Ayeka replied. "Sasami has gone off with Ryoko, and-"
 
"What did you say," Washu interrupted, a sweet smile on her face.
 
"I said that you'll have to find something for yourself for breakfast. There should be some food left in the kitchen." Ayeka paused. "Little Washu."
 
"That's better! I wasn't very hungry, anyway." And with that, she turned and left the room, most likely returning to her lab.
 
Ayeka sighed. It was going to be a long day.
 
As she was clearing off the table, Ayeka heard the sound of a loud crash from outside. Gasping, she ran to the sliding door, looking out towards the source. In the middle of the lake was a smoking, crash-landed ship. Two drenched figures stood at the shore of the lake; one looking at the accident with a clueless expression, and the other yelling at the first figure.
 
Ayeka sighed once again. Oh yeah… It was going to be a very long day.
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
"Thank you for coming here with me, Ryoko," Sasami sighed, sinking down into the warm, soothing water of the bath. "Since Ayeka wouldn't," she added silently, sulking slightly.
 
"It's alright, Sasami, I don't mind," Ryoko replied. She floated in the water, lost in her own thoughts. However, she opened her eyes when she heard a sniffle come from Sasami's direction. She sat up, looking in the girl's direction. "What is it," she asked.
 
"It's nothing, Ryoko."
 
"C'mon, Princess, I know you're lying," Ryoko insisted. "What's bothering you?"
 
"Why doesn't Ayeka like to spend time with me," Sasami asked quietly, pulling her legs up to her chest. "Doesn't she like me anymore?" She lowered her head to her knees, and began to cry quietly.
 
Ryoko bit her lip, trying to think of something comforting to say. She phased over to Sasami and sat down next to her, awkwardly putting an arm around the girl's shoulders and pulling her towards her. "It's okay, Sasami," she soothed. "Ayeka is just… trying to be more helpful around the house, like you always are! I'm sure she doesn't mean to ignore you."
 
"It hasn't been the same since Mother left," Sasami sniffed. "I thought we were getting closer, but then everything with Grandfather and Kagato happened, and she's been concentrating on pleasing Tenchi, and ignoring me. I'm happy for her that she loves Lord Tenchi, but shouldn't she love me, too?"
 
"Sasami, she does love you."
 
"I don't know… Sometimes, I just wish that Tsunami had let me-"
 
"Sasami," Ryoko exclaimed forcefully. Sasami gasped and looked at her, lowering her head in shame and whispering an apology. "Do you know what you need, Sasami? I think that you need a vacation."
 
Sasami felt as Ryoko left her side, and when she looked up, she saw that she was suddenly fully dressed. "A… vacation?"
 
"That's right, Princess," Ryoko exclaimed, picking up Sasami's towel and motioning for her to stand. As she got out, Ryoko wrapped the towel around her shoulders. "Now get dressed. I know of a hot springs planet near here, that you'll just love. We'll spend some time there."
 
"But I can't go anywhere, Ryoko," Sasami exclaimed, getting dressed despite what she was saying. "I have chores around here, and everyone would worry if I just disappear." She was fully dressed now.
 
"Nope, it's decided," Ryoko stated. "And if it will ease your mind, we'll even let Azaka and Kamidake know where we're going." Before Sasami could protest, Ryoko lifted her up into the air, and phased away.
 
 
To Be Continued…
 
 
Just a few notes… In this, both sets of the Juraian guardians will be in used. There's Ayeka's two wooden guardians, and then also the human-type Azaka and Kamidake, which will be Sasami's guardians, just like at the end of the Universe series.
 
Also, since I am mixing the OVA with the Universe continuity, let's just say that the Juraian Emperor and his two wives (Lord Azusa, Ladies Funaho/Misaki) visited their children on Earth before everything that happened with (the Universe continuity) Kagato. Then they were arrested upon returning to Jurai, charged with harboring criminals. *sweatdrops* I hope that makes sense! If not, just e-mail me.
 
Please bear with me, as I will be writing Dealing Fate's Hand (my SM/RW crossie) at the same time that I'm writing this. *crosses her fingers* I just hope I'll be able to do that successfully…
 
Please leave a review! ^_^