Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Appretiation ❯ Appretiate ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN- another fic- I write too many stories and never finish the ones I have started!! Ah- oh well! This is going to be a one shot! Or at least I hope! Don't kill me for this pairing, of which I will not say! Just don't kill or sue!

DISCLAIMER: Don't sue! Don't own, don't care!

The Things in Front of Your Face

Rated PG-13 (lot of fluff)

"Gene!" Jim yelled as the irresponsible outlaw walked in the room. Red hair sticking up in every way possible.

"What, Jim?" he asked in a quite tired voice, "I was asleep! What's the emergency?"

"Gene! Have you seen our account?? We are completely broke! God Gene, what do you use all that money for??"

"Uh, repairs, food, umm"

"All the damage you make! God Gene, when are you going to learn to be more careful??"

"God Jim! When are you going to learn to stop nagging once in a while?" Gene yelled, narrowing his eyes and putting on a scowl.

Jim sniffed. "Is that how you feel Gene?" Jim asked, looking a little hurt, "Gene, is that really how you feel?" he asked again, looking down.

"Jim," Gene said, face softening, "I didn't mean it, really!"

"No, no," Jim started, "I can take a hint! I know when I am not appreciated!!" He yelled as he ran out of the house, tears dripping off of his face.

"Aw, Jim, you know that's not what I meant, so why are you all sensitive all of a sudden?"

Jim ran down the street crying, reaching the park and stopping to sit on a nearby bench. `God Gene,' Jim thought, `no, I should be asking why did I run? I mean, I never did that sort of stuff before I met the cute, headstrong outlaw. Wait a minute, did I just call Gene cute? What am I feeling? What are these feelings? God, now I am so confused, maybe I'll just sit here for a while, and sort out of these feelings.' Jim put his head on his knees and sat there thinking.

"Jim, Gene, Ashia, Suzuka! Dinner's ready!" Melfina yelled from the other room.

Gene was abruptly snapped out of his current state and walked into the kitchen, Suzuka and Ashia a couple steps behind him. "Hey!" Ashia said, looking around, "Where is Jim??"

"Yes, where is he? Gene?" Suzuka questioned.

"I don't know." Gene answered looking down at the table. Feeling too guilty about what happened earlier to answer the whole truth.

"Gene." Suzuka said in her scolding tone, "You and Jim had a fight, didn't you?"

Gene said nothing and continued looking down at the plate that Melfina just placed in front of him. "Gene!" Ashia screeched, "What did you do to Jimmy? If you did anything horrible, I'll, I'll, I'll do something that will hurt you really really badly!"

Gene said nothing and continued to look down, then he spoke up, "I didn't mean to make him go. I just said he should not nag people as much! I didn't know he would run away. Excuse me," he said getting up, "I am going to go lay down for awhile."

Gene walked out of the kitchen to the living room, and laid down on the couch. Melfina walked in, with a very worried look on her face. "Gene," she called softly, "Gene? Are you okay." She sat down on the couch and started stroking his hair.

"Mmph," he mumbled as silent tears wet his cheeks and made him huff.

"Oh Gene, what are you feeling? Do you love Jim? That must be it, isn't it? You never did this before, so that must be it. You love Jim. Aw, that would be so cute. You and Jim, the per . . ." she trailed off, when Gene interrupted.

"I don't love Jim!" Gene said rather loudly, "I, I, I don't know what I feel."

"Well, I think you love Jim." Mel said coolly, "And I also think that you should go after him! He could be hurt or worse!" Melfina got up and walked to the door before the kitchen. "Good luck Gene!"

Gene lifted his head up and looked at Melfina one last time before she went in the kitchen. "Thank you," he whispered as he stood up, put on his cape, got his gun, and went out the door.

`Maybe I do love Jim? No, I know for sure that I love Jim. Why would I feel this way if I didn't? Jim, just please be alright!' he thought as he continued down the street.

Jim must have been on that bench for over five hours, for it was dark out. Jim took his head off of his knees and looked around. "How long have I been sitting here. Its dark out. I guess I have been here to long." Jim stood up and started to walk away when somebody grabbed his arm.

"Hey!" he said, turning around to face a middle aged blonde guy, with the sent of alcohol on his breath.

"Hey there cutie! You are out pretty late, now aren't ya! Maybe I should take ya home with me, just to be safe!" the guy said, dragging Jim behind him, struggling.

"Let me go!" Jim yelled as he wriggled around, trying to get away from the older man!

"Oh come on! You know that I want some, and you want some. If not, why do you look so attractive?"

"You must be blind! I am not attractive, and I am not that way!" he yelled. `Yes I am that way, but only for Gene! If he will ever love me!' he thought.

"Aw, you are the cutest thing." The blonde man said as he pinned Jim to the ground and pinned both his hands above his head. Jim screwed his eyes shut, as not to see what was going to happen. The man started moving his free hand to a lower region, when they both heard this booming voice.

"Let him go!" the voice said, then a clicking sound was made. The blonde man looked up to a gun in the face, while the mysterious man pushed the older man off of Jim.

The young boy opened his eyes to see a red haired man looming above him. "Hey Jim." The voice said.

Jim regained his site fully and saw Gene standing above him. "Gene," he whispered as he felt two strong hands pull him up into a warm embrace.

"Jim," Gene started, "I just want to say I am sorry. I don't know what I was thinking."

"Gene, its my fault I . . ." but was cut off by Genes lips touching his own. After awhile, Gene pulled back. Leaving Jim totally shocked.

"Gene . . ."

"Don't say anything Jim! I'll leave. I was confused and I guess I needed to show you my feelings." He turned away as he felt Jim pull him back.

"Don't go! I need you," Jim started, as Gene looked back startled, "I love you Gene!"

Gene bent down and once again put his lips on Jim's. Gene pulled back and Jim started to pant. "Gene . . ." Jim started.

"Shh, Jim! Let's go back. We will talk later!"

"Uh Huh Gene." Jim said as Gene pulled Jim up into his arms.

"I love you Jim."

"I love you too Gene"

The End

AN- aw- I know this made no sense what so ever- but I must get rid of all the ideas in my head- school has started and I must pay full attention to it! Yeah right- I couldn't do that If I tried -_-;;;;! Anyway- hope ya enjoyed and I think I was drunk when I wrote this so don't make ur flames to mean!