Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Gene's new adventure ❯ GoodBye Melfina ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at an Outlaw Star fic. But I only own 1 character. I do not own Gene, Jim of any of the Outlaw Star cast. Now, read and enjoy.

Outlaw Star
Gene’s new adventure.
Chapter 1-Goodbye Melfina.
Gene gulped down his 4th strong whiskey. The last month of his life had been a living hell. An unexpected appearance from Ron McDougall had taken away the most important thing in his life. Melfina. Gene poured another whiskey as he replayed the incident over in his mind for the 100th time.

~~~Flashback.~~~
It had been a routine job. They were delivering an important chemical to the labs of Planet Trivia. Jim sat in front, berating Gene on their situation, Melfina navigating through the asteroid belt that Gene had thought would be good short cut. All of a sudden, the alarms went off and Gilliam began screaming his warnings. He identified it as The McDougal brothers ship. Then, Gene heard a scream come from behind him. The liquid that housed Melfina was turning a horrible red colour. Gilliam signalled that a deadly virus had been sent directly into the navigational system, straight to Melfina. “Mel! No!” Yelled Jim.

“Jim! Try to stop it!” Yelled Gene.

“I can’t! The virus is protected!”

Gene jumped from the controls and began banging on the glass, trying to break it open and free Mel. Then, Melfina put her hand up to the glass. “Gene, I love you. Please…don’t forget me.” She said weakly.

“No…Melfina…Don’t give up!” Yelled Gene.

But as her eyes closed and her hand slipped away from the glass, Gene knew it was too late to save her. She was gone.
~~~End Flashback.~~~

Those moments had felt like an eternity. But the message that followed was the most enraging.

~~~Flashback.~~~
Gilliam went into emergency shut down to try and save the rest of the ship. “Why didn’t you do that sooner you useless piece of crap!” Yelled Gene, tears running freely from his eyes.

“He couldn’t. I wouldn’t allow it.” Said a voice.

A radio message had been sent to the ships frequency. It was Ron McDougall. “You bastard, what did you do!” Yelled Gene.

“I took a small measure of revenge. That little slut is the reason my brother is nothing but a computer programme now. So, I took some of the revenge that was owed me and Harry. I took her life and there is no brining her back this time Starwind. Now, I say goodbye, but I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other very soon.” Said Ron.

The radio went dead. Gene’s fists shook. Then, he slammed them down onto the consol over and over again.
~~~End Flashback.~~~

Gene put the glass against his head. Today had been Melfina’s funeral. Aisha and Suzuka had come, as did many other people Gene didn’t think they’d be seeing again. Fred Luo had tried to be as supportive as he possibly could, but his attraction to Gene had nearly got him punched in the face, the mood Aisha was in. Melfina, I won’t let Ron get away with this. I’ll get revenge for you, I promise.

~~~Blue Heaven Police Station.~~~
A young woman walked down the Hall’s of Blue Heaven’s police station. She was heading to the chief’s office. She reached it and went in. “Chief, you sent for me?” She asked.

“Ah, Teresa. I have a new case for you.” Said the chief, motioning to the man sitting down on the sofa across the room.

“This is Fred Luo, he has information for you about the man you’ve been trying to capture.”

“Miss Teresa, I’ve heard great things about you. That undercover job you did to capture the Space Pirates of Planet Rino was what caught my attention.” Said Fred.

“Thank you, it was one of my best jobs. So, what an I do for you Mr. Luo.” Asked Teresa.

“Call me Fred please.”

Fred handed her a folder. “This is a file of Gene Starwind and his crew. Recently, Ron McDougall paid them a visit.” Said Fred.

“I read about that in the paper. He killed his woman with a virus of some-sort. They buried her yesterday.” Said Teresa.

“Here’s what you don’t know. The woman, Melfina, she was a bio-android and the ship’s navigator. She could control the ship.”

“So the virus that killed her had to put through the ship’s main computer. Interesting way to commit murder.”

“Starwind’s a man possessed right now and he may do something stupid. I need you to go after McDougall and arrest him before Starwind kills him.” Said the Chief.

“That’s not the way to do it Chief. For all the crimes he has committed, Ron is set to serve the death penalty anyway.” Said Teresa.

“But I don’t want Gene to go to prison because he avenged the woman he loved. You must go Gene and convince him to let you help him.” Said Fred.

“Alright, I’ll take the case. Where is Starwind now?”

“He’s most likely at his shop 2 streets away. And if I know him, he’ll be prepping the Outlaw Star for launch.”

“Then I best get moving. I’ll check in after I’ve talked to Starwind.”

With that, Teresa left to go to Gene’s shop.