Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is A Shooting Star ❯ Old Friends... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~*Hey everybody! This is my first try at writing an Outlaw Star fic, so be kind and review with any suggestions or praise or anything! Hehe! Yeh. SO anyways. As you've probably read in the summary thing, it's a Gene/Mel story ^.^*~

Gene Starwind stepped into the hallway of the apartment building he lived in currently. He had decided to quit doing his old job, but had plenty of secret money left over from that to last him a lifetime. It had been two years already. He hadn't seen anybody since. Gene took out his keys, shoving one inside the keyhole to apartment number ten, and turned it slightly, opening the door. He let out a sigh, and pulled the key out of the keyhole as he walked into the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Well. Another boring day" Gene said out loud to himself as he walked over to the fridge and opened it, taking out a can of soda. He walked over to a couch, and sat down as he picked up a remote and turned on the television. Snapping open the can of cola, Gene took a sip as he surfed through the channels. Just then, his phone rang. Sighing once again, Gene put his soda down and got up, walking over to the phone.

"Hello?" he asked after he picked up the phone.

"Hi!" a somewhat familiar voice said on the other line. "Is this Gene Starwind" She, or at least Gene assumed that whoever it was was a she.

"Yep. The one and only" he replied, still curious as to who the other person was.

"And may I ask who you are?" asked Gene, awaiting a reply from the other person.

"Ohmigosh! Gene, is it really you?!" The girl said excitedly. She seemed awfully happy to be talking to him, and he wondered why.

"Yea, now who is this?" he asked once again.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Gene! It's me, Melfina!" the person replied, and gene almost fainted, and nearly dropped the phone in disbelief.

"Melfina?!" he asked, surpised.

"Are you sure that this is really…Melfina?" he asked.

"Yes" the girl replied. "The one and only" she said, mocking him.

"How have you been?!" Gene asked, still surprised to hear from Melfina…it had been, what, two years now?

"I've been okay, Gene, how about you?" she asked in her usual, polite way.

"Same ol' Same ol'" Gene said to her, sitting down in a chair with the phone.

"I'm so glad that you remembered me, Gene! I honestly didn't think that you would!" Melfina said to Gene, and he smiled.

"How could I forget you?" he asked.

"I don't know. You just seem like the forgetful type" she said, wanting to get off the subject.

"Oh? So, you're saying I'm dumb?" he asked, and Melfina shook her head on the other line, saying "No! Of course not! Listen, Gene, I didn't call you to argue! Come on, we haven't seen each other in over two years!" she said, and he nodded.

"So. What did you call me for?" He asked, still a little bit upset by her comment.

"Well…I wanted to know, if, maybe we could see each other sometime, catch up on things?" she asked, hoping that he would say yes.

Gene thought about it for a moment. He knew that he had like Melfina, a lot, when they used to see each other every day. He thought that he'd gotten over it. But now, with her calling, it all suddenly came back, like a big punch in the face. He did want to see her, but didn't want to see himself…or her..getting hurt again. Gene decided that maybe, just maybe, things would work out. He decided to go.

"Sure" he said to her, and he didn't know it, but Melfina wanted to jump in joy. He'd made her so happy. She had had feelings for him ever since the day that they met. She thought he did, too, but then he was gone, everything was over, and he'd left and gone for two years without a word. She didn't think he liked her, in fact, she thought Gene hated her. But he said yes. He agreed to see her.

"Really?" she asked, shocked at what he had said. Gene nodded.

"Yeah. When?" Gene asked her, happy that she didn't hate him like he thought.

"Um…when is it a good time? I've had a lot of free time on my hands lately" she said.

"Me too. I can see you anytime that you want to" he said.

"Well…is next Saturday good…like sometime in the afternoon?" asked Melfina.

"Yeah, that's fine" Gene said to her.

"What time?" he asked.

"Whenever" said Melfina.

"Okay, so how about around two?" he asked.

"Yeah! Sounds good to me" she said happily. "But where?"

"Well...how about at this new bar, The Turtle Tavern?" he asked.

"Oh! I went there a couple weeks ago with my friend! We were just passing through! That sounds good!" she said.

"Yeah. So, Saturday, two o'clock, at the Turtle Tavern?" he asked.

"Yep! That sounds good to me!" Melfina said, smiling.

"But, listen, Gene, I have to go now, so I'll call you back another time, okay? See you Saturday!" Melfina said.

"Bye." Said Gene, hanging up the phone after Melfina said goodbye to him.

Gene smiled. Maybe Melfina did have feelings for him, after all. They'd been through a lot together. He thought that any kind of romantic thing that had gone on between the two was just an act that she put on so very well, but it couldn't have been. Not if now, two years later, she wanted to see him again. No, it couldn't.

~*Please review! It took me a while to write this, I was trying to make it really good! Thanks a bunch!*~

~*Ametenshi*~