Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ The Marriage of Fred Luo ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I realize that there are Fred worshippers out there that love his gay personality and will flame my butt off for writing this. I was challenged to write a story that had Fred marrying Reiko like he said he would if she went ahead and won the "Strongest Woman in the Universe" title for five years straight as a second chance for her losing to that psycho Ctarl Ctarl. I apologize if this story upsets any of you but like I said, this was a challenge that was presented to me and I never back down from one.

Disclaimer: I don't own Outlaw Star or any of it's characters, I just like to mess with their personal lives from time to time. Don't sue me just because I have an imagination and like to use it to entertain others. If you win the suit, well I don't have any money so you'll still be screwed and I'll still be writing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Marriage of Fred Luo

By : Alaskan Blue (formerly Celestial Vision)

It was the happiest day of Reiko's life. There she was, being led by her father down the aisle to the man of her dreams. She felt her eyes fill with small tears of joy as she looked at him. "Oh he looks so handsome in the tuxedo!!" She thought and smiled happily.

It had all been worth it, the ten years. "Ten years." She thought, and felt her eyes water more. Ten years of training, lifting weights, suffering strained or pulled muscles, and torn ligaments. Ten years of competing in the "Strongest Woman" challenge and nearly getting killed by dirty tricks and fast moves from bimbos in freaky costumes all so she could marry the man she cherished. She looked into his eyes as she approached and was touched to see that they were shining as brightly as her own. "Why he's crying too! He's just as happy as I am!" Hoping that Fred could read her mind, she cried out silently, "Oh, my darling, this is the happiest day of your life too!"

*******************

It was the worst day of Fred Luo's life. He watched in agony as she swept down the aisle in a floor length with a huge bell-like skirt that on Reiko's already large frame made her huge "A milk truck with a veil," he thought. Closer and closer came impending doom. Closer and closer with every measured step approached hell in white with a huge smile on her face and eyes filled with tears, nervously clutching a bouquet of yellow roses. Yellow, the color made him want to puke. Yellow was the color of sunshine and happiness and his ex-boyfriends favorite shirt!! It was NOT the color of some damned flower that some woman who was about to fill his life with heterosexual misery should be holding. "There has GOT to be a way out of this!" He looked with interest at the huge stained glass windows that decorated the church. Some of the larger panes were over a meter square and the metal holding them together didn't look too thick, he thought a moment. "I'm wearing several layers of clothing. Probably wouldn't rip too easily and my arms could block my face. If I hit it just right…"

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today…" The minister began and Fred snapped his head to the side to see Reiko standing next to him. "Damn she can move fast!!" He thought.

He looked at the windows again and dismissed them when he took into account how many people he would have to get by before he could crash through. They would surely catch him and hold him down; most likely landing a few well placed blows before releasing him seeing that most of the people in attendance were Reiko's family. He stared around the church looking for assistance from some of his own people. He spied his two bodyguards who were at their position on either side of the double doors that were the only way in or out of the chapel. He had already given them firm instructions that they were to make him go through with the ceremony at all costs so that he would not ruin his honor by failing to keep his word: No help there. He surveyed the front pew where Gene Starwind and his crew were sitting and looking thoroughly UN-supportive.

Gene was dressed in a black suit that was a stark contrast to his flaming red hair and matching face that was caused by his forcing himself to keep from laughing and rolling on the floor. Beside him to the right sat Melfina, who, with eyes full of sympathy, was gazing at, no, that couldn't be right, REIKO? Pity for Reiko? Reiko was getting exactly what she wanted, while he, Fred was about to be joined for all eternity to a WOMAN!! Disregarding Melfina with a look of disgust, his eyes drifted to Jim. He immediately looked to Suzuka when he saw Jim desperately tugging at the collar of his little suit and tie while staring longingly out the window. Suzuka was at least being respectful. She sat with her head bowed slightly and her hands folded in her lap. Aisha was last and acting no better than Gene. She had a nail file and was shaping her claws and yawning from time to time glancing up at brief intervals when the minister said something that seemed interesting. "They're all useless. Humph! Man you can always count on your friends!" Fred thought and looked back to the minister who was droning on endlessly about the true depth and meaning of love and marriage.

"Who would have thought she would have been able to make "The Strongest Woman in the Universe" five years in a row after she got taken down by that Ctarl Ctarl?!" He thought incredulously. It just couldn't be possible. "What was I thinking giving her a second chance. I should have just called it quits when she lost to wolf-woman! Why, oh why, oh WHY??? Oh yeah, she was breaking my arm at the time."

"If there is anyone present here today that can give just reason as to why these two should not be wed let him speak now or forever hold his peace." The minister said suddenly.

"He's kinda' gay…" Gene began but quick as lightning, Suzuka had her wooden sword in her hand and brought the flat of it sharply and painfully across the back of Gene's neck. The fiery headed captain of the Outlaw Star sank low in his seat and rubbed the tender spot in his neck.

"BITCH!!!!" Fred thought and glared at Suzuka who had just as quickly stashed her sword under the pew and resumed her former position. "Please somebody else speak! Somebody, ANYBODY, SPEAK!!!!!!!" Fred thought desperately and looked upward to where the image of the lord was hanging from the cross and praying to the almighty.

"Do you Reiko, take this man…" Apparently the almighty was not in a generous mood today. Fred's eyes glittered with hatred at the minister as he turned to face Reiko so she could recite her vows. Fred was sure everyone in the church could hear his high decibel heartbeat as Reiko finished her vows and slipped the smooth band of gold onto his finger. Then it was his turn.

Fred looked up into Reiko's face and was shocked to discover that he still had a voice as he said calmly, "I Fred take thee Reiko…"

His heart was hammering, the blood was thundering through his ears, he could feel every individual drop of sweat as it rolled slowly and agonizingly down his brow and he was helpless to move and wipe it off, his fingers were icy as they slipped on the platinum band studded with diamonds, dazzling rocks that would forever seal him to this woman.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride!" The minister beamed at Fred and Reiko as he closed his bible and clasped his hands in front of him rocking up and down on his toes expectantly.

The full force of what had just occurred hit him with more force than the most powerful of Reiko's body-slams. He felt all of the blood drain completely from his face as his terrified eyes beheld Reiko's face. Her eyes were closed and her lips were slightly puckered and she was leaning in to kiss him. At the touch of her mouth on his nearly blue lips, Fred's eyes rolled into the back of his head and his world went black. He slid towards the floor and Reiko just barely caught him in time and lifted him into her arms, and cradled him like a baby.

Everyone in the church seemed froze in horror as Reiko lifted her unconscious husband and headed for the doors to a place where she could lay him down. She called out to one of her cousins who was a doctor to follow her. The moment Reiko had exited the chapel chaos seemed to flood the room. The minister stood looking around nervously and wondering what to do, Gene finally lost control when he fell to the floor clutching his stomach in pain and howling like a hyena followed by Jim and Aisha. Most of the other guests began talking excitedly about the exact cause of Fred's sudden collapse, with plenty of suggestions that he was overwrought from the terror of being kissed for the first time in his life, by a woman at least.

Suzuka and Melfina seemed to be the only ones who were not in shock and both sat contemplating the events of the last half hour. Melfina could only think about how crushed Reiko was going to be when she learned that her new husband couldn't care less about her. Suzuka simply stood looking around at the mayhem of the chapel and the flood of people who were all trying to exit at the same time and thinking that something like this could have ONLY happened to Fred. She shook her head and chuckled softly as she recalled all the various expressions of horror and helplessness that had crossed his face that afternoon. Then she stopped and thought about the exact same thing Melfina was concerned about. It was true, Reiko didn't believe any of the rumors that had been circulating for years about Fred. It seemed that the giant of a woman with her rock hard muscles and flawless physique concealed a heart of Jell-O. But in spite of everything that had happened that day, Suzuka felt deep inside that everything would turn out for the best. She turned to give the gasping-for-breath Gene a hand up and made sure that the group was all gathered together before moving to join the other people who were trying to vacate the church. Apparently it had been decided that everyone would head to the reception as planned. Fred and Reiko would join them as soon as he was revived. Suzuka shook her head again and wondered what chaos would occur at THAT!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The end Leave a review and tell me what you thought of it!! *Alaskan Blue* (formerly Celestial Vision)