Peace Maker Kurogane Fan Fiction ❯ The story of love ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

The story of love
 
 
When the wind blows
I heard they whisper your name
The leaves and petals soaring in the sky
Reminding me the beauty of your smile
 
“Hi-ji-ka-ta-san!” there comes Souji, hopping merrily in front of me. I see you play with the flying petals, and your smiles are beaming like the sun, so bright and warm.
 
Where are you my love?
Where have you been?
I need to be with you
Cause' my heart is crying
 
I saw you sitting in front of me, drinking the medicine I made you. You're smiling sweetly, opposite to the bitter taste. How I wonder, why you are so kind, you offer me honey, when I'm covered with grime.
 
Where are you my love?
I'm so lonely
Without you here
It feels so empty
 
Where are you my love?
Are you watching me?
You've always stand by my side
And now, it's only me
 
The victory we shared, we celebrate it together. We're banded under one reason, to serve our master, to uphold the peace, under the name of the emperor. And we live and die, craving the pride to our heart. Oh, how I miss the joy. Those are the times when I've been pampered with your smile and laughter, the gentleness of your touch and the warmth of your love..
 
Where are you my love?
Are you still with me?
There are fighting everywhere.
I don't know where I should be
 
We always fight together, side by side. It's so smooth as if we're born as a partner, so that we can watch over each other. I still can see you spar, handling the katana with grace. The force you brought, emitting the aura of the devil. But I don't know how, you're like an angel, when you're sleeping in my embrace.
 
Why do you love me, my love?
For I'm not good enough for you,
I can do nothing, my love
To prove my love is true
 
And now I wonder, if I concentrate in studying medicine. Maybe I can help you. Maybe I can find the cure. Maybe you'll live to see the day, maybe you're still here beside me, maybe you're still eating your candy happily, maybe you're still smiling and maybe… there are so much `maybes' and `ifs', and if I come to think of it, maybe, if that really happen… I would never love you or even met you at all…
 
If there's only one wish,
And not more than one
if that wish could come true,
I would like to wish for you

Thinking about you, bring a sweet sense in my heart. Like the candy you used to eat. And it's also brings anger, like there's fire inside. It is burn within my lung and blackened my heart. It hurt Souji, its hurt. You finally hurt me after all this while. It isn't fair. Why? I keep wondering why. Why Souji? Why you're the only one that's sick? Why can't I be with you? Why you're not here with me? Why do you have to leave me? Why do you love me if you have to hurt me? I can't bear this burden alone. I need you Souji, I miss you. I want to see you smile again. Please… I need you…
 
I miss you my love
And I wonder if you're too
The day and night is so empty
Can I be with you?
 
I sat on the grass field, keep on thinking about you. It's been 16 years… 16 long years that I had spent together with you. We're always together, through light and darkness, through falls and glory. But suddenly you're gone. Now, the only things remain are your shadows and memories. I love you Okita Souji, I love you so much. I whispered your name in the wind, so they can keep the stories for others to hear, and this treasure will be neatly folded between the embraces of time.
 
 
The sun has nearly set
And I stand alone
Though it feels that you're here with me
Right now
Our memories will remain
Till the end of time.
 
 
Author's note:
 
Neither Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker nor Peacemaker Kurogane is mine. It belongs to other people ( Nanase Chronos/Kurono, I presume). This is a shonen - ai fic. Those who don't like it, I'm sorry if you've already read it - and those poem…, I'm proudly claimed that it's mine! Nyehehehheh! And you guys can't do nuthin' bout it. *giggles like a devil*
 
 
Ohh.. I write this fic with all my soul. Please, do tell me if there's any mistakes occur. English is just my second language, kind of. I'm learning..
 
For those who do not understand the fic, this is Hijikata musing in the middle of a grass field, after the death of his beloved Souji. The scene during the first verse is just his hallucination.
 
And I'm sorry for putting the entire disclaimer behind. I just don't want to spoil the mood of the fic. Oh.. and I also don't know who really died first. Do tell me if I'm mistaken.