Peter Pan Fan Fiction ❯ Peter Pan III: Saving Neverland ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's the next chapter!!! YAY!!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------
 
 
 
==Chapter 1==
 
 
 
“Raina dear, do shut that window, the wind is too chilly for a window to be open.” A grown up Jane said to her daughter while sewing the last piece of a beautiful nightdress of blue together just like her mother, Wendy had wore. It was to be Raina's so that she and Raina would always remember Wendy Moira Angela Darling.
 
 
Wendy had died of old age 10 years ago, when Raina was only 6 years old. And now as Raina goes on her 16th birthday, Jane grows worried. She keeps having dreams about her mother's stories; The ones about Peter Pan and Neverland. Wendy had told her that Jane too had once gone to Neverland, but alas, Jane had no such memories and shunned her mother's words.
 
 
Now the stories were coming back about how on Wendy's 16th birthday, her parents had gone to a party. The one named Peter Pan had come for his shadow and in doing so, took Wendy and her brother's to Neverland.
 
 
Jane told herself the stories couldn't be true, just strange fairy tales, but still, it was quite haunting for a mother to know in some part of her heart that her daughter would be missing the next day. She kept the windows shut and locked afraid that the so called Peter Pan would come and snatch her dear Raina Leola Jessica Darling away from her, like any mother would do.
 
 
“Come here Raina and try on this new nightgown I have made for you” Jane stated. Raina skipped to her mother, her shoulder-blade length dark brown hair swishing from side to side with every jump.
 
 
Raina was told of the stories of Peter Pan by her grandmother Wendy and loved them a lot. She often dreamed of what it would be like if “Peter Pan was real”. She believed, like her mother, that he was a fairy tale person and nothing more. Kinda sad, right? Wendy had tried to help Raina to believe before she died, but, because her mother had called it “Such Poppycock”, she listened to her mother.
 
 
Raina tried on the nightdress of blue that look almost like Wendy's old one. “This is beautiful mother” Raina exclaimed happily. “Can I wear this tonight for an early birthday present?”
 
 
“But my dear, your birthday is tomorrow, can you not wait for one more night?” Jane asked, putting away her sewing utensils. “On please mother, I really do love this, and it is so comfortable” Raina hugged her self as if to show her mother that she really was quite content in the lovely blue nightgown.
 
 
Jane sighed, defeated. “Oh all right, at least that will save me the trouble of wrapping it. Now we can just move you out of the Nursery in the morning.”
 
 
Raina did not like the sound of that, but never the less, she smiled and nodded. “Thank you mother.” She exclaimed and walked to the Nursery. The Nurse Maid, Nana III, followed behind her.
 
Raina looked around the Nursery, trying to remember everything that happened the last 14 years she had spent in it. It is always heartbreaking to a child to know that you were to grow up the next day, and Raina was no different. She sighed.
 
“I am going to miss being in here… No doubt mother will turn this place into her own sewing room.” Raina said to Nana III (Though Nana III was a dog) and sighed again. Nana III barked and walked over to the window then looked to Raina. Raina knew what she was saying, and she nodded. “You're right Nana III, if Peter Pan were real, he probably would come and take me to Neverland. It is a shame that he is only a fairy tale.” She sighed again and got into bed. “Goodnight Nana III” she whispered, then closed her eyes and went to sleep.
 
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
 
 
Somewhere in the sky over London, a boy about the age of 15 clutched his stomach in pain. As he fell, he gasped for air and tried to stay up. His little blonde fairy looked terrified. Finally, he could breathe again and he flew higher into the air. The fairy said something, which sounded like the tinkling of little bells. “You're right Tink,” The boy answered “We need to find her, and quick.”
 
 
With that, the two flew faster then they had to find the Darlings' household.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
 
 
Well, tell me whatcha think……………