Pirates Of The Caribbean Fan Fiction ❯ A Sparrow With Broeken Wings ❯ The Escape ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here's my second new, but old story. New to this site, but has been written for quite sometime now. It's yet another Jack saving OC from abuse, but it's completely notMary-Sue I promise! In later chapters they go to Japan, but that later. You'll just have to see how it all works out! So enjoy. R&R people, R&R.
He left the bedroom just like he always does, drunken and violent. He stayed longer than usual; my sides hurt more than they usually do. I fear my ribs may be broken, not that would be the worst to happen to me. I stumbled to the vanity to see the damage done. I stare into the mirror to see one bruise on my cheek. It, like all the others, was bad, but not bad enough that a little make up wouldn't cover it. Other than that nothing else was visible, my dress was stained with blood but nothing else. My sides weren't as bad now, they aren't broken which is nice to know. I get up from the vanity and over to my dresser to get out another dress.
There was a knock at the door, it was my chamber Christine, she's my best friend. Well second to Elizabeth, but ever since she got married I hardly see her. But I get to see her at the annual Governor's Party; the party my husband host's every year. Christine helped me into my dress since I'm still sore. Christine began to work on my hair. I wince when she accidentally dropped the brush on my shoulder.
“Victoria, did he hurt you again?” Christine asked me.
“Yes, he did.” I said still in pain. I applied my make up and Christine finished my hair and a walked down the spiral staircase to the foyer. I grabbed a fan and went out the doors into the carriage. The carriage took me to Governor's mansion; I got out and met a guard in front and showed him my invitation. He allowed me in. Thomas spotted me as I walked in, he smiled to the person he was talking to. I stayed still, he walked quickly towards me. Thomas grabbed me by my arm and brought me into another room. He grabbed my chin coarsely; bring my face up to his.
“Now you will say nothing, you will behave and present a front of happiness.” He told me coarsely. Thomas kissed me roughly and left the room back to the party. I returned to the party and to be greeted by an old friend.
“Will!” I exclaim.
“Victoria how are you?” Will asks me as he approaches me accompanied by Elizabeth. Will hugged me tightly, a few tears of pain from my sides. He backed away and gave me a concerned look along with Elizabeth. “Victoria are you okay?” He asked me.
“Yes, yes I'm fine. I just hurt myself is all, I'll be okay.” I lied to him, with a weak smile.
“Victoria are you sure you're okay?” Elizabeth asked me.
“Yes, yes I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me.” I lied once again. “So how are you two?”
“We're great. Victoria I have big news.” Elizabeth told me excitedly.
“What?” I asked.
“I'm with child!” Elizabeth told me excitedly.
“Oh! I'm so happy for you!” I told her happily.
The party went on for hours, I knew Thomas would be drunk by know. The Turners left an hour before. I danced and talked with some other friends, but my sides were still hurting and getting worst it felt. It had to be the bloody corset. I sat down for a moment; I could see Thomas from where I was. He was very drunk. I walked out of the mansion and down the streets of Port Royal, I didn't want to go home and face Thomas yet. It was early morning now, I could see a tavern open. I walked into the tavern and sat at bar and ordered a bottle of rum; I have come to love it. I sat there sipping the rum for an hour or so. Not many people came in to the partly empty tavern, except for one man. He had a tricorne hat, braids with different beads and such in his hair. I could see, just under his hat the lining of a red bandana. His skin was perfectly tanned and he had the most beautiful brown kohl lined eyes. He was dressed in a white linen shirt, with a dark colored vest on top of that, along with a dark gray tweed-like jacket; along with blue-gray pants and tan boots. He looked to be a pirate. He looked at me, nodded, and smiled. I gave him a short smile back. A few minutes went by and I was about to go when Thomas burst through the tavern doors. He looked around and then his eyes stopped on me; he walked towards me and grabbed me by the wrist. He dragged me out into the streets of Port Royal and threw me to the ground. My already battered body hit the cold cobble stone ground; he prepared to kick in the stomach. I closed my eyes tight and waited for the pain, when it didn't come I opened my eyes to see the man from the tavern pinning Thomas to the wall of the tavern. I didn't move I just watched as the man punched Thomas hard in the side of the face, knocking him out. Thomas fell over out cold. The man came over to me and helped me up; the pain was there even more than when Thomas had beaten me early tonight. The man held me up and he gave me a sorrowful look.
“Thank you.” Was all I could barely get out from the pain.
He turned to me, helping me up, I could hear the anger in his voice, “Do you know this man?”
“Yes, he's my husband.” I breathed out.
“What kind of husband beats his wife?” He asked.
Wincing, “Mine apparently.”
“Does he do this often?” He asked me.
“Yes.” I said breathing heavily.
“have you thought of leaving?” He asked me ask he led me to a crate where I could sit.
“Yes, but I have no where to go. My parents are dead and I have not siblings.” I tell him, still struggling to breath. I stared harshly at the ground, trying to ignore the pain.
“Come with me.” He offered, causing me to snap my head up and look at him, my brow furrowed.
“I couldn't.” I protested as I tried to get up, just to fail.
He sat next to me, and softly asked, “Don't you want to leave and get away from this?”
“Yes I do, but-“ He cut me off
“But what? Coming with me can't be worst then this.” He offered.
I sat there for a moment, my moral-center told me no, but I had a feeling that I could trust him. Trusting a pirate…..well it said it all right there, but I couldn't help but want to go. I slowly nodded, “Let's go.”
“Alright. Do you need anything?” He asked helping me up.
“No.” I tell him, not wanting to go back home.
“Follow me.” He said as he led me down an alley towards the docks. When we arrived there in the water was a longboat. He helped me in, once I sat down he got in and began rowing. He rowed towards a large ship. `It couldn't be….it's the Black Pearl.' I thought to myself.