Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ Visitors ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Please Teacher! Please! owns Please Teacher!.
 
Prologue
 
“Kei, behind you!” Mizuho Kazami shouted. It was all the warning she could give him, for at that moment her vision turned brown as a large man stepped in front of her.
 
He was nearly seven feet tall, and appeared to be solid muscle. His face was one only a mother could love, scarred and pitted. Short-cropped orange hair gave his head the appearance of being on fire. His brown uniform was tattered and stained with various colors of blood, from deep red, to midnight black, with hints of electric green near the rips and cuts of the fabric. At his side hung what appeared to be a medieval battle-axe, with various gems studded into the handle, and an unidentifiable skull on the top. The dual blades were chipped in places, but still razor sharp.
 
He grunted a challenge that Mizuho couldn't understand then drew his axe and charged the woman. `She's got no weapon,' he thought as he raised his axe high. `All she has is a comb. She'll regret caring more about her appearance than her safety!' Using all the strength he had, he swung the weapon in a downward arc.
 
Had Mizuho waited a second longer, the swing would have split her from collar to navel. But she didn't sit still. She ducked and rolled with incredible speed behind her assailant, then planted her hands and kicked out with both feet, catching the man in the back of the knees.
 
As the man fell, he saw that the comb in her hand was quickly unfolding into a sword. “What the!” was all he could say before the blade severed his head.
 
Mizuho regained her feet and flicked the green blood off her collapsible sword. She hated fighting, but in a life or death situation, she could hold her own. She surveyed the scene ahead of her and gasped.
 
They were standing in an empty street. Two suns overhead lit the bleak landscape, while red dust swirled in unceasing winds. An alien world to her, and even more so to her husband, Kei Kusanagi, who had never before left Earth.
 
Standing in one of the many alleyways, she noticed a man who could only be described as the “leader”. He watched the goons fight the couple, observing with a critical eye. He carried no visible weapon, but judging by his brawn, it wasn't likely he needed one.
 
Her attention then focused on her husband. Kei was in the middle of his own struggle with their unknown attackers. Mizuho's warning had saved his life the previous moment. He had barely dodged a horizontal blow with a mace that would have knocked his head from his body. A bald man in front of him held what looked like a claymore, while the mace belonged to a redhead. The two fighters kept Kei between them, making sure one of them was always in his blind spot.
 
Kei's sword was extended, and he slowly circled, trying to keep his assailants on their toes. Sensing that the bald one was going to attack, Kei threw a punch, connecting squarely in the Solar Plexus. Surprise shown on the bald mans face, and he dropped his claymore. Kei took the opportunity to grab his hands, roll, and throw the man behind him. His throw hit the man behind him, and they collapsed in a pile. The shock of getting hit with 7 feet of moving muscle and bone knocked the mace from red's hand, and it clipped Kei's ear as it fell.
 
Rising quickly, the young man grabbed his sword and plunged it into the bald attackers back. The sharp blade pierced all the way through the first man and into the heart of the second. After a moment, both bodies went still, a puddle of green blood below them.
 
The leader looked at the couple and smiled. He then clenched his fists and bull rushed Mizuho, who had allowed her guard to lower while watching her husband.
 
Before she could bring her blade to bear, the man was on her. His first punch shattered her cheekbone, and the follow up knocked the air from her lungs. Struggling to breath, her hands released her still-extended blade. The leader grinned and caught the sword before it could hit the ground. He turned and looked at Kei, who had yet to move since making his first two kills. Staring him straight in the eye, he made an off-hand gesture and sliced the woman's throat.
 
Kei couldn't believe it. His wife, his love, his world, was dead. Anger rose within him. Balling his hands into fists, he charged, his sword forgotten in the bodies of the goons. A primal howl escaped his lips and hidden thrusters in his suit surged him forward far faster than the leader expected. Kei was inside his guard before he knew it, and slashed out with his hand, chopping the man in the Adams apple. Immediately after he dropped to the ground and swept the leaders feet from under him. As the man fell, Kei punched out and crushed his nose.
 
Before the man could make it all the way to the ground, Kei again utilized his hidden thrusters to stand upright. He stepped on the leaders face and pushed, snapping his neck. He was all alone now.
 
“Mizuho…”