Pokemon Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon and Digimon Injustice: Gods Among Us ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I can say without a doubt that there are an infinite numbers of universes. Some are just like our own... but for one or two events, exactly the same.

Lex Luthor

We begin our opening scene with the destruction of Viridian City. The news have read:

"Viridian City Destroyed: Millions Dead!"

 

In Odaiba, the DigiDestined's families and other people were horrified by this news coverage. It was one of the most horrifying things they had ever seen in their lives. DigiDestined all over the world were just in shock.

The DigiDestined, their Digimon partners and the Pokémon trainers along with thier Pokémon have reached the city to rescue the survivors. However, there was a couple of trainers who was missing. And that was Goh. He was interrogating Giovanni who was behind the destruction of Viridian City. Giovanni has committed one of the greatest acts of genocide that Team Rocket has ever been done. And it was too late to undo what he had done. Cinderace forced Giovanni to sit down.

"The nuke! Where did you get it?" Goh demanded.

"What? You want one?" Giovanni mockingly laughed. "That's the trouble with you children, no originality." Goh grabbed the Team Rocket boss by his shirt and held him in his grip.

Goh gritted his teeth, "You made him kill his own girlfriend! You stole a nuclear bomb and used it to destroy an entire city and kill millions of innocent people! Why did you do all this?! Tell me why! WHY?!"

Giovanni grinned and chuckled evilly, "I did it to teach him a lesson. A lesson that no matter you try to do, there's always be someone like me to do something like I did. That and to spread the terror of Team Rocket all around. Now he understands the hardships of the real world. How do you think he'll be after today?" Goh gritted his teeth again as his gripped tightened. He loosens up when he felt Cinderace's paw on his shoulder. Goh took a deep breath.

"Say what you want, Giovanni, but it won't work. Sure, Ash will grieve for Serena, but he'll move on. Even after today, he'll still remain to be the Ash I know now," Goh said. The sounds of pained screams are heard down the halls.

"Is that a fact?" Giovanni asked. The screams grew even louder as Ash and Pikachu forcefully enters the interrogation room and slammed the door behind them. Ash grabs a chair to keep anyone from entering the room. Ash glares as Giovanni with hateful rage and his breathing became heavy to match his rage.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Ash demanded.

"I'm handling this!" Goh tried to reason. Ash ingnored him as he and Pikachu went to the table he's sitting on. Ash threw the table across the room and he grabs the boss of Team Rocket and he slams against the wall.

"YOU DRUGGED ME! YOU MADE ME-" Ash paused as he continued to grieve. "Serena." Tears ran down his eyes.

"Why filled with remorse, Ash? Does she have a habit of running out your life?" Giovanni mockingly asked. Ash raised his fist with an intention of punching him.

"ASH! DON'T!" Goh yelled with concern. He punched the wall instead with a crack on the wall.

He laughed, "That's what I like about you, Ash. You're nothing more than a foolish boy." Ash threw Giovanni across the room. He stands back up on his feet. "You think you can be in a committed relationship and putting me away will magically reform me and she'll be safe, right? I think not. Now, why don't you run along and play? I have lots of planning to do to top this! So little time, so many people to kill!" This was the last straw for Ash.

"No! You're not topping anything, Giovanni! You're never killing anyone EVER AGAIN!" Ash yelled. He turned to Pikachu. "PIKACHU!"

"Pika!" Pikachu said as he got ready to kill Giovanni. Goh and Cinderace knew what was coming next.

"ASH! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Goh pleaded.

"ACE!" Cinderace added.

Goh and Cinderace attempted to stop them both, but Ash and Pikachu pushed them both back. Ash turned back to Giovanni, prepared to do what he had to do. He wasn't concerned about the consequences coming his way.

"I know it's soon, but do you think you'll ever love again? Maybe you won't kill your next girlfriend," Giovanni said. Ash had to give the order.

"Kill him. GO FOR HIS THROAT!" Ash ordered. Pikachu nodded as he leapt right at Giovanni's neck as Goh and Cinderace watched helplessly in horror as Pikachu lunged into Giovanni's neck. The sickening sound of teeth being buried into the human neck is heard. Giovanni was now dead. "It is done." Goh was silent, not believing what he just saw. He didn't want to believe what he did, but he knew he couldn't deny it. And he didn't know yet that it was just only the beginning.

A couple of weeks has passed since Ash and Pikachu had killed Giovanni. Word has gotten around very fast. Ash and Pikachu spent most of their time in their room, reflecting on what they did. Pikachu's face was still covered in blood. Ash's mother Delia was horrified by what Ash had done.

Ash had stepped out of his room for the first time in weeks when he heard there was an attack on Odaiba caused by Akihiro Kurata with an army of Gizumon and his troopers. Ash and his Pokémon to assist. The DigiDestined were fighting back against his threats when Ash had captured and brought him to justice. He was beaten by Ash, letting his rage do the talking, reflecting the death of Serena. He stood before the gathering crowd.

"I'm so sorry. We failed you," Ash stated. "My name is Ash Ketchum, a Pokémon trainer. Ever since I was little, I have dreamt of being a Pokémon Master, but now that dream has died with my girlfriend Serena because of Giovanni and Team Rocket and their intent of spreading their terror around the world. As a Pokémon trainer, I have seen evil in many forms. And I stopped some of the evils that had been perpetrated. No more! What happened to Viridian City two weeks ago can no longer be allowed to happen again! Monsters can no longer roam free among us!" Ash turned to Kurata. "This man created monsters and used them as his weapons and turned them on his own people and onto innocent Digimon! That makes him a criminal and he will be tried as one. To those who would do the same, those who would hurt others, know that I will come for you!" He turned back to the media. "I don't care about your lands, I don't care about your beliefs! I don't care about your petty squabbles! I don't care if you're a madman, a king, or a president! You do not have the right to take innocent lives! I am calling for an immediate world-wide ceasefire! All hostilities will stop immediately- or I will stop them! It's over."

Goh was watching on the screen and he knew his greatest fear was realized. It didn't take long until Ash has begun his war against crime. He and his Pokémon has brought down many criminals. There were members of Team Rocket who attempt to get their revenge on him, but it was all in vain, only to end up dead. Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Dawn, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, Gladion, Clemont, some of the Gym Leaders and most of the DigiDestined began to follow him. There were also some villains whose loyalty were bought. Together, they created a new government, dedicated in ending war, crime, and corruption in every corner. Ash served as the High Councilor in the newly formed PokéDigi Earth Government. Armies of Pokémon, Digimon, and human beings were being recruited to root out the evils that plagued the world, but in reality, it was enforced by fear. Ash had become even more evil than Team Rocket could ever be.

There were those who did not view the newly formed Regime as a force of good. Goh has formed the Insurgency consisting of himself and some DigiDestined who didn't follow Ash's examples. There was Gary, Paul, Trip, Alain, Lillie, Sophocles, Professors Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, Juniper, Sycamore, Kukui, Burnet, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Cilan, Iris, the regional Elite Four members, Jessie, James, and the DigiDestined being Davis Motomiya and Veemon, Takato Matsuki and Guilmon, Takuya Kanbara, Marcus Damon and his Agumon, and the members of the Fusion Fighters.

Four years later, Goh had learned of the existence of a pill that will temporarily grant the human soldiers of the Regime superhuman strength, combining Pokémon and Digimon powers into its host. This information was given to them by a mysterious benefactor.

The location of the pill was located in a recently built facility in Pallet Town. The Insurgency broke in the lab as Goh was cut off from the rest of his forces. He got to the pill they were looking for and quickly learned his mistake when he discovered Ash has placed his mother in the facility for her protection. It was when he saw the security footage of his Insurgency there with her. Knowing Ash will come for him, Goh aborts the mission.

Ash had returned to find the Insurgents with his mother. Davis accidentally punches Delia when it was meant for Ash. In a fit of rage, Ash started to beat Davis to death. Pikachu shocked the rest of the Insurgency to death, some of them had exploding heads. Delia stops Ash from beating up Davis because he's already dead. Only Lillie was sparred from this fate as she swears her loyalty to Ash and the PokéDigi Earth Government. Ash went after Goh to the Cerise Research Laboratory. Luckily, he learned about technology fast, so he started to upload the data to the benefactor.

"Get out of there now! He's coming!" The voice warned.

"I know," Goh said. He heard Ash and Pikachu coming closer and closer. The sounds grew louder and louder.

"HE'S COMING!" The voice repeated.

"No," Goh said. Ash and Pikachu were coming behind him. "He's already here."

"GOH!" Ash called out to him. Goh slowly turned around and he looked right at his former friend. He had to make certain Ash isn't paying attention to the computer screen.

"Something I can help you with, Ash?" Goh asked.

"I had put an end to all the crime here in Vermillion City," Ash replied. "What were you trying to pull with me, Goh?" Goh didn't repsond. "Just so you know, they won't be helping you out ever again." Goh already knew they were all dead. "As long I have been a Pokémon trainer, I knew the world was sick with the disease of evil, so I'm curing the world of that evil."

The screen read 18% completed.

"You're delusional, Ash," Goh growled under his breath. Ash grabbed Goh by his shirt and gritted his teeth.

"BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW YOU SPEAK TO ME!" Ash yelled. Goh noticed blood on Ash's hand.

"Whose blood is that? Is it Paul's, Gary's? Whose blood is it?" Goh asked. Ash loosened his grip.

"Davis. But I didn't mean to," Ash said.

"I'm sure you didn't, Ash. But I can bet it was so much easier to blame someone else, right? It's always someone else's fault, isn't it, Ash?" Goh asked.

"It didn't have to be that way," Ash said.

"So, why are you here?" Goh questioned.

"I came to put an end to this. This has gone far enough!" Ash stated. "I'm giving you a chance to join up! The Regime could use someone like you, Goh."

"You mean to be another brainwashed thug under your rule? No thanks. And if you were really here to end this, you would have already done it! You could have Pikachu electrocute me or have Tai and WarGreymon hurl a Terra Force onto me! So go ahead and do it right now! Put an end to me here and now!"

The computer screen read 37%.

"Why can't you understand that I am preventing what happened to Serena and what happened to Viridian City from ever happening again?!" Ash questioned. The computer screen read 54%.

"I do understand, but this isn't the way to prevent tragedies like the one Giovanni committed. I hated Team Rocket the same as you, but I wouldn't have done what you did! Because I'm not a murderer!" Goh protested.

"Team Rocket had to be stopped at all costs, Goh!" Ash said. "I'M PROTECTING EVERYONE FROM THOSE MONSTERS!"

"And what does that make you?! There's a thin line that decides what makes us men or monsters! So, if Serena could see you like this, how do you think she'll react if she sees you committing all these atrocities in her name?!" Goh exclaimed. That struck a cord with Ash.

"SHUT UP!" Ash roared thunderously, throwing Goh across the room. He hits the wall behind him as blood spews out his mouth.

Goh spat some blood from his mouth, "It'll be much easier for me to shut up, wouldn't it? Maybe, you can just kill me and explain to Davis's family about why he had to die for the so-called greater good!" He hid in the shadows as Ash couldn't see him.

"Get your ass out here, Goh! You can't hide from me!" Ash called out. Goh calls out Cinderace by his side.

"When you and Serena started going out, you promised to protect her when she was in trouble and you failed!" Goh cruelly taunted.

"I FAILED?!" Ash exclaimed, disgusted by the taunt. "I DIDN'T FAIL, YOU FAILED, GOH! YOU WERE GOING AROUND AND TREATING THE RANK OF A POKÉMON TRAINER LIKE IT WAS A GAME! CATCHING EVERY POKÉMON IN THE WORLD JUST TO EVENTUALLY CATCH MEW, WHEN THERE ARE POKÉMON HUNTERS WHO WOULD CAPTURE THEM AND SELL THEM FOR A SHINY COIN!" The computer screen read 83%.

"And the answer for dealing with Pokémon Hunters is by killing them?! I highly doubt Serena will approve it so very much!" Goh said.

"I'M DOING THIS FOR HER!" Ash roared.

"No you're not! You're doing this for yourself! You lost your connection with the rest of us the day Serena died! You lost the ability to feel compassion when Serena died! And what makes it even worst, your own mother is now afraid of you because her sweet little boy died with his girlfriend and an entire city!" Goh retorted.

"I'M DONE BEING LECTURED, GOH! IT'S TIME TO STOP PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK!" Ash yelled. The compuer screen read 93%.

"You're right. I'm going to give you what you want," Goh said. He turned to Cinderace and it nodded. "Pyro Ball!" Cinderace gave a powerful kick with a ball of fire and it struck Pikachu. The computer screen read 96%. Cinderace went after Pikachu and the mouse Pokémon tackled the striker Pokémon. The computer screen read 99%. Goh attempted to go for the pill, but Ash stops him.

"No!" Ash said, taking Goh by the hand. "You're right, Goh, I won't kill you, but I can't have you in a position where you can hurt anyone anymore!" Ash lifts Goh up with his superhuman strength as Pikachu prepares to strike Cinderace. Ash got ready to break Goh's back.

"Ash, no!" Goh pleaded. "A-AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Goh's painful scream echoes through the whole building. Cinderace shared Goh's pain as Pikachu gave an Iron Tail onto its back, crumbling its spin. Ash tosses Goh on the ground where he groaned in pain.

"I'm sorry, Goh. I didn't want to do that to you, but you're far too dangerous," Ash said. Goh tried to stand back up, but it was no use, so Ash stomped on his back. "Stay down! Stop trying to fight me!"

Goh groaned, "Wasn't... trying to. Just keeping you distracted," Goh said.

"What?!" Ash exclaimed in shock when he saw the computer screen for the first time. The screen read "Analysis complete. All files have been sent to uploaded location per-instruction." Ash growled.

"What did you do, Goh?! Where did you send it to? Who has access to it?! TELL ME!" Ash demanded.

"Given us a fighting chance. Now your weapon is our hands, Ash! Your Regime will fall!" Goh said. Ash growled.

"Ash Ketchum!" A girl's voice spoke. Ash turned to see Chloe behind him.

"Chloe?" Ash asked. Chloe slammed her face info Ash's face, giving him a nosebleed. Yamper and Eevee took on Pikachu, saving Cinderace. Chloe had taken the pill while neither Ash or Goh weren't looking.

"I'm disappointed in you, Ash! You became no better than Giovanni and Team Rocket! You resorted to torture and murder and you do this to Goh! I will never forgive you for all this! Do you hear me?! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! NEVER AGAIN! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!" She gave him one last blow before running up to Goh. "Goh, please stay with me!" Cinderace was able to get back up, but is in a bad limp because of Pikachu.

"Chloe," Goh could only say.

"Let's go. There's nothing worth saving here," Chloe said, leaving the Cerise Research Laboratory while teleporting. Ash sneered as he witnessed Goh, Chloe, and the Pokémon flee.

Later once Ash has healed up. Ash stood with his Regime members before the people of the world.

"Our way of life is threatened," Ash addressed to the world. "The Pokémon trainer known as Goh has stolen a powerful weapon and intends to use it against us. We're standing here together, today, to tell you that we will not allow Goh to terrorize you any longer. We are here today to tell you that we will fight for each and every one of you. We will fight the chaos that Goh represents. We, of the PokéDigi Earth Government will do everything in our power to ensure the safety and security of all of you."

A year had passed since Ash and Goh's confrontation, so he has learned of the existence of a world parallel to his own, so he had to recruit counterparts of Ash's Regime members and Insurgent, Davis Motomiya. This was Goh's last chance to end the war between him and Ash once and for all.