Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 10: Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village

Before we started with this chapter, I would be pleased to announce that Riku will be making his very first appearance in this fic. Also, Riku will be from the Alola Region and his partner will be Eevee in honor of the Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee games.

After winning his third Gym battle, Gary Oak and his cheerleaders stop over at the Vermilion City Pokémon Center when Gary spotted a boy with a small fox Pokémon with a cream-tipped tail (Eevee) on his shoulder. He looked a year older than Gary, and he had long silver hair. He's wearing a yellow-and-black tank top with white-trimmed, black straps crisscrossing his chest and upper back with a white on each end. He a sports pair of gray-trimmed, black gloves with matching black wristbands, dark blue pants with brighter blue baggy pant legs connected with white-studded suspenders and are buckled with small black straps on his ankles. On his hip, he wears a black belt with a silver rectangular buckle. His white-and-blue shoes have white-trimmed, black straps, gray soles, and are decorated with yellow strings on the inner sides, some of which crisscross each other. And his Eevee has its hairstyle in a similar fashion. Gary had to assume that he's a trainer.

Gary walked up to the boy with an interest to battle him.

"Hey you!" Gary called out. The boy and his Eevee turned to face him.

"Something I can help you with?" The boy asked.

"Eevee," the little Pokémon chirped.

"You're a Pokémon trainer aren't you?" Gary asked him.

"So what if I am?" the boy responded.

"I am challenging you into a battle," Gary said to him. "I just wanna see if you're any good," Gary said smugly.

The boy just smiled slightly and said, "You're on. The name's Riku, by the way. And I came from Melemele Island."

"I'm Gary Oak from Pallet Town," Gary said. "The future number one Pokémon master!"

"If you say so," Riku said to Gary. "Meet me outside in fifteen minutes and we'll get started."

"I can see you're in no hurry to lose," Gary scoffed.

"Don't get ahead of youself, Gary," Riku said. "I met two trainers from Pallet and they both lost to me."

Gary wasn't impressed by that. He just thought they were just weak if they lost to him. Gary just shook it off and went over to heal the Pokémon he had used in his last battle.

Fifteen minutes later, Riku stood at the pier waiting for his opponent. Gary had shown up with his cheerleaders cheering for him. Riku just gave a light chuckle at the sight of it.

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to show up," Riku said.

"Gary Oak never backs away from a challenge!" Gary calls to him.

"Neither do I," Riku said. "Let's make this a one-on-one match!"

"I'm ready for anything you can throw at me," Gary said smugly.

"Gary, Gary, he's our man! If he can't do it! No one can!" the cheerleaders cheered.

Riku looked at his Eevee; Eevee looks back at him.

"You ready?" Riku asked.

"Eev." Eevee nodded.

"Then go!" Riku said as Eevee entered battle.

Gary just laughed.

"You're sending a puny Eevee to battle me?" Gary laughed. "You must be desperate!"

"My Eevee is tougher than he looks," Riku said keeping his cool. "My Eevee took down Pokémon much bigger than he is! And this Eevee was used in my battles against those two other trainers."

Gary just huffed.

"Well if you're using that little runt," Gary pulled out his Pokéball, "then I'm using... Wartortle!"

Gary throws the Pokéball to reveal a turtle-like Pokémon with what looks like ears, and a large fluffy tail. It also has fangs on its upper jaw.

"Wartortle!"

"A Wartortle, huh?" Riku said. "Looks strong by the way you raised it. But dosen't mean it's going to win."

"Is that a fact?" Gary asked. "Then show me what you can do! Wartortle! Bite!"

"Wartortle!" Wartortle jumps right Eevee getting ready to launch a bite.

"Eevee! Dodge that!" Eevee jumps out of the way in time before Wartortle could land a bite. "Now use Quick Attack!" Eevee ran at a fast pace and ran right into Wartortle, hitting it right in the under shell.

"Don't give in, Wartortle!" Gary called. "Use Water Pulse!"

Wartortle forms a water ball and throws it towards Eevee.

"Shadow Ball!" Riku ordered. Eevee forms a shadowy ball by opening his mouth. Eevee fires it right into Wartortle's attack. Gary's cheerleaders kept cheering Wartortle on despite the cancelled attack.

"You got lucky!" Gary scoffed.

"Luck has nothing to do with it!" Riku shot back. "Quick Attack again!" Eevee used Quick Attack again, hitting Wartortle on the sides.

"Water Pulse again!" Gary ordered as Wartortle unleashed Water Pulse and hurled it at Eevee. The attack made a splash and Eevee flipped in the air.

"Dig!" Riku called to Eevee. Eevee dove into the ground digging and digging. Wartortle stood its ground waiting for Eevee to pop out. Gary and his cheerleaders waited for Eevee to jump out at any moment. Riku smirked. "Now use Swift!" And with that, a swarm of stars came out of the ground catching the turtle Pokémon by surprise and off guard. Gary was shocked to see that happen. And put of the ground, Eevee jumps out and flies above his opponent. "Finish it with one more Shadow Ball!" Eevee forms Shadow Ball, but a little bigger than the last one and Eevee fires it right at Wartortle. The hit knocks Wartortle into the ground like a comet creating smoke. Once the smoke cleared, Wartortle is on its back knocked out.

Gary and his cheerleaders were stunned by this result. His Wartortle lost to an Eevee. Gary's cheerleaders started crying over that he lost.

"Wartortle return," Gary said calling back his Wartortle. He fell to his knees while still holding his Pokéball. Riku walked over to Gary. Gary looked at him.

"Told you not to get ahead of yourself," Riku said to him. "Your Wartortle fought hard, but you got cocky. And if I were you, I'd ditch the cheerleaders."

Gary didn't say a word. He just stared at him and Eevee as he climbed onto his shoulder. Riku walked off into the opposite direction. Unknown to anyone, a puppy-like Pokémon with what looks like rocks on the collar (Rockruff) sniffs around and takes off when it spotted something interesting.

Over towards Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu, it has been two days since they stopped by Pokémon Tech, they walked through the forest hoping they'll find the road to Vermilion City.

"I think we should take a break," Sora said. "I need to rest my feet."

"We have spent all day walking through the forest," Kairi agreed. "And I know Pikachu is pretty tired too."

"Pika," Pikachu sighed.

They sat down on some nearby boulders. Sora was a little skeptical about sitting on rocks after Pewter City, but he was too tired to care about it. Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu sat down as a huge sigh left their mouths.

"I needed a good sit," Sora sighed.

"Me too," Kairi sighed also. "We've walked so much, I felt like my feet would fall off."

"Mine too," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu added.

"I just wish there was a hot spring around," Kairi admitted. "I never soaked in one before, but I heard that it's like heaven."

Sora just grinnined at the thought of soaking in one. Sora had to admit he never been in one either, but it definitely would be better than a bubble bathes he used to take when he was younger.

Their trail of thought was interrupted by a small rustling un the tall grass. Sora and Kairi turned to look at the source only to see a small Pokémon with leaves on its head taking a drink of water.

"An Oddish!" Sora said. He pulled out his Pokédex and pointed at the Pokémon.

Oddish, the Weed Pokémon

Type: Grass/Poison

Oddish searches for fertile, nutrient-rich soil, then plants itself. During the daytime, while it is planted, this Pokémon's feet are thought to change shape and become similar to the roots of trees.

"Oh she's so cute!" Kairi gushed at the Pokémon.

"And she's about to be mine!" Sora said taking out a Pokéball. "Butterfree! Go!" Sora throws the Pokéball letting out Butterfree. Oddish saw the butterfly Pokémon and attempted to run away, but Butterfree lands in front of her before she could get far. "Gust!" Butterfree flaps his wings catching the little plant in the wind. "Tackle!" Butterfree tackled Oddish as soon as she hit the ground. "That should do it!" Sora took out a Pokéball to catch it.

"BULBASAUR!"

A vine came out of nowhere and sends it flying right back at Sora, hitting him in the face. Sora falls on in his.

"Sora!" Kairi gasped. "Are you okay?"

Sora quickly got back up.

"Yeah I'm fine," Sora said. "But what was that?"

"Bulbasaur," a new voice said.

"A Bulbasaur," Sora beamed. He pulled out his Pokédex again and pointed it at Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokémon

Type: Grass/Poison

Bulbasaur can be seen napping in bright sunlight. There is a seed on its back. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed grows progressively larger.

"One of the Pokémon I couldn't get from Professor Oak because someone beat me to it," Sora remembered. "It looks like that I'm going to have one of my own, now!"

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur roared firing leaves from the bulb on its back.

"Watch out for Razor Leaf!" Kairi exclaimed.

"Butterfree! Dodge it!" Butterfree flew out of the way in time only for vines to come out of itsits side and wraps the vines around Butterfree. Bulbasaur uses the vines to slam Butterfree into the ground. Bulbasaur runs at Butterfree with a hard Tackle. "Aah! Butterfree!" Sora exclaimed running to his side.

Bulbasaur and Oddish run off into the tall grass. Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu just looked at each other for a second.

"What was that about?" Sora asked.

"No idea," Kairi shrugged.

"Pika," Pikachu also shrugged.

Just about ten minutes after the run-in with Bulbasaur, Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu continued towards their destination to Vermilion City. They across a wooden bridge.

"Any idea on where we are?" Kairi asked having a bad feeling.

"I'm not exactly sure," Sora said checking the map. "I don't think I can find it on this map."

The bridge starts rocking about when the rope snaps on one side. Sora holds onto the rope as tight as he could, while Kairi was holding onto his leg.

"SORA, YOU HAVE TO PULL US UP! IT'S OUR ONLY CHANCE!" Kairi shouted.

"I'LL TRY!" Sora shouted. "JUST HOLD ON!" Sora pulled as hard as he could and he caught Kairi by her hand before she could fall. Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu started panting once they got to the other side. "That was a close one. My life just flashed right before my eyes."

"Mine too!" Kairi panted. "We should keep moving."

"Right," Sora nodded.

Sora, Kairi and Pikachu kept walking into the forest hoping that nothing else would happen. But unfortunately something did; Kairi screamed as she fell into a pitfall. Sora turns to see Kairi gone and a hole present. He looked down in the hole Kairi had fallen into.

"Are you okay, Kairi?" Sora asked concerned.

"I am," Kairi answered. "Pull me up!"

Sora pulls her out of the hole and decided to keep moving before anything else happens. Sora and Kairi kept going. But Kairi's foot accidentally triggers another trap. A net traps them up in a tree.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Sora asked frustrated.

"Not another trap!" Kairi groaned. "Can't you cut us out with the swiss army knife?"

"Good idea," Sora said checking his pockets. Sora checked his pockets, but came in empty. "I can't find it! I must have dropped it."

"Then let's try wiggling," Kairi suggested. "Maybe the net will break."

Sora wiggled in the net seeing if that would work. But nothing happens.

"No good," Sora sighed. "The net is too strong."

"Then we're screwed," Kairi moaned.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

"Bulbasaur!"

Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu looked down in the net and sees Bulbasaur on the ground. Bulbasaur just slowly turns around and heads off in the direction they were going.

"Hey Bulbasaur!" Sora called out. "Get us down from here! Where are you going? Come back here! Hey! Bulbasaur!"

Sora tried wiggling again to see if the net had weakened.

"Watch what you're doing!" Kairi exclaimed. "Take it easy! Ow! You kicked me!"

On the other side of the bridge, the two Pokémon hunters from earlier drove in, but this time in a grayish black jeep.

"It looks like we're on the right trail," the first hunter said.

"Let's hope that the rumors of a very powerful Bulbasaur are true," the second hunter said. They got of the jeep, deciding to make the rest of the way on foot.

Sora had just given up on wiggling out of the net, not wanting for hurting Kairi anymore. But there was suspicions in the air.

"This is too weird," Sora said.

"You're right," Kairi nodded. "There's no way this is a coincidence. The bridge, the pitfall, and this net. But who could have reasons to hurt someone?"

"I don't know," Sora answered. "Either he's someone who dosen't want any visitors or he's hiding something."

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"What he could he be hiding up here?" Kairi asked tilting her head.

"Gold maybe?" Sora guessed.

Kairi and Pikachu sighed finding that theroy to be unlikely.

"Hey up there!" A voice called up. Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu immediately recognized that voice. "What you two doing hanging out in that tree?"

"Harold?!" Sora and Kairi asked surprised.

"That's my name!" Harold said as he cut the rope. Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu screamed as they dropped from the tree. Pikachu was dazed from the fall while Sora and Kairi groaned in pain.

"Maybe next time you should have get us down a little more gently," Kairi said.

"Oops," Harold chuckled nervously. "Sorry."

"We haven't seen you since your battle with Giselle," Sora pointed out.

"How did you even get here before us?" Kairi asked.

"Well," Harold started, "After my battle with Giselle, I tried to rush Starmie into a Pokémon Center; but I ended up getting lost again. And I slipped and fell into the river. I was being washed away in the rapids. I thought I was gonna die! But I was rescued by a girl named Melanie. But you guys have to meet her! She's incredibly nice!"

Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu were skeptical about following Harold out of risk of getting lost again, but they didn't want to risk getting into anymore traps. Harold led them to a log cabin by a small lake. The same girl from before, Melanie whom Harold had described were feeding the Pokémon there; a Caterpie, two Rattata, a Paras, a Weepinbell, a Staryu, a Magikarp, and the Oddish from before. Oddish recognized Sora from before; she hid behind Melanie feeling scared of him. Melanie turned to see the newcomers with a smile.

"Melanie, this is Sora and Kairi," Harold introduced. "The new friends that I told you about."

"So you're Harold's new friends," Melanie smiled. "He told me nice things about you."

"It very nice to meet you," Kairi beamed.

"Ditto," Sora said scratching the back of his head. He took a look at the Pokémon. "Do all those Pokémon belong to you?"

"Oh no," Melanie answered cheerfully.

"This is a place that Pokémon are able to rest and relax," Harold explained.

"Like summer camp?" Sora asked.

"Something like that; but all year 'round," Harold said. "Whenever a Pokémon is injured or abandoned, they can just come here. Melanie takes care of them until they feel better. And then they leave."

"So it's place like a Pokémon Center and Melanie is like a Pokémon nurse," Kairi said. "Or maybe a Pokémon doctor."

"Oh no, I'm not qualified to be a Pokémon doctor," Melanie corrected her.

"You can say this place is more of a Pokémon health spa," Harold said.

Sora and Kairi nodded as they understood.

"Pi," Pikachu said.

"Here the Pokémon don't battle with each other," Melanie started. "They relax and try to enjoy themselves while they recover."

"If I was a Pokémon, I'd be happy here," Kairi said.

"Yeah me too," Sora agreed.

"Pikachu," Pikachu beamed.

"Melanie also collects plants to use for medicine," Harold said. "She knows which plants can help make a get better and grow stronger. The Pokémon here loves her and she loves them in turn."

Sora and Kairi just looked upon the Pokémon and saw how happy they are. But there were the matter of the traps.

"But I wonder who put that net up in that tree," Sora stated.

"And that hole I fell in," Kairi chipped in.

"I'm sorry, I was the one who set those traps," Melanie said. "I never meant to hurt anyone, I just wanted to catch Pokémon trainers before they reached the village. And since you got caught, guess they really work."

"Why would you do that?" Kairi asked.

"There are so many injured Pokémon here, I have to protect them," Melanie answered.

"That explains a lot," Sora stroked his chin. "Was the bridge a trap too?"

"Yes," Melanie said.

Meanwhile, the two hunters make it through the bridge despite being on the side. The other rope snaps and they fall right into the river.

"You are welcome to stay her; but I will ask if you promise that you won't catch any Pokémon here," Melanie said.

"Don't worry," Sora said. "You've worked hard to heal and protect them, it wouldn't be right to just catch them."

Melanie smiles knowing at that. She looks at the two of them for moment.

"But I was wondering if you two are a couple," Melanie asked. Sora and Kairi blushed madly.

"W-w-we're j-ju-just friends," Sora stammered.

"Y-y-y-yeah," Kairi stammered also. "J-j-just friends."

Melanie just giggled while Harold just sly grinned at the two of them.

"I didn't mean to pry," Melanie apologized. "I just thought you two were a cute couple. I won't ask any questions about your relationship."

Sora and Kairi felt better by that. And Harold just grinned at them.

Over to the hunters, they fell into three holes and got caught in the net like the one Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu were caught in.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and Harold helped around the village anyway they can. Sora and Harold splashed water on Staryu to keep it hydrated.

"Does that feel better, Staryu?" Sora asked.

"HYA!"

"That's great!" Sora just smiled. Sora looked over to Kairi tending to Oddish. When Sora stared at her so lovingly he pictured her in a meadow wearing a dress similar to Snow White's and being surrounded by wild Pokémon. This didn't escape Harold's notice. Sora looks back to Staryu, only to see the grin on his face. "What are you smiling at?"

"When I first met you two I thought something was going on," Harold said in a teasing tone. Sora's face got red.

"I said that we're just friends!" Sora defended. "That's all!"

Harold wasn't convinced.

"Come on, Romeo, it isn't everyday that a boy and girl just happen to wonder into a forest together," Harold teased some more.

"That's none of your business," Sora said still blushing.

"Sora and Kairi, sitting in a tree: K-I-S-S-I-N-G," Harold sang before being conked in the head by Sora's fist. "Ow!" Harold just sat in the corner with a huge lump on his head.

Over to Kairi and Oddish...

"Sorry about what happened back there," Kairi apologized. "Sora shouldn't have surprised you like that. He's really a nice guy. I know because I've seen how he is with his other Pokémon. I'm sure you were pretty scared."

"Oddish," Oddish chirped.

"Melanie told me that you belonged to someone else until he got rid of you," Kairi pointed out. "Is it because your old trainer just thought you were too weak?"

"Oddish," Oddish nodded sadly.

"Some trainers are just insensitive," Kairi said kindly. "But not all trainers are like that. You just need a trainer who understands you; trainers like Sora. I'm sorry for what happened. And I hope that we could become friends."

Tears started to form in her eyes. Oddish saw those tears. Oddish moved her leaves and one of them to wipe the tear from her eye.

"Oddish, Oddish," Oddish said reassuringly.

"Oh you're such a sweetheart, Oddish," Kairi said picking the weed Pokémon up to hug her. She gently placed Oddish back down and smiles at the little Oddish.

"BULBASAUR!"

Bulbasaur came charging in tackling Kairi.

"Kairi!" Sora shouted. Sora ran to Kairi helping her up. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," Kairi answered him.

Sora turned to Bulbasaur, angered by what Bulbasaur just did.

"What's the big idea tackling into Kairi like that?!" Sora shouted. Bulbasaur just stood its ground glaring at Sora. "You're not going to get away with it!" Sora took out a Pokéball to battle, but Melanie steps in to stop it.

"Wait! Please wait!" Melanie said. "Bulbasaur is only trying to protect Oddish. Bulbasaur volunteered to protect our whole village. Bulbasaur protects all the injured Pokémon and attacks whenever enemies attacks them," Sora and Kairi understood the situation well. But they couldn't believe that Bulbasaur had to do all the hard work to protect the whole village. "Bulbasaur is the bravest and most loyal Pokémon I know."

"That explains why Bulbasaur attacked me," Kairi said. "He must have thought that I was trying to take Oddish away from the village."

"And why Bulbasaur tried to stop me from catching Oddish," Sora added. Bulbasaur then tries to push Sora out of the village. Sora knew by looking at this Pokémon that he doesn't like Pokémon trainers at all; and that he wanted the strange humans to leave. "Bulbasaur, I'm not going to catch any Pokémon here. I promised Melanie that I wouldn't."

"He's telling the truth, Bulbasaur," Melanie told the Pokémon. "These are our friends."

Bulbasaur wasn't budging. Bulbasaur just kept pushing and pushing. Sora saw the determination Bulbasaur has.

"Bulbasaur was worried about the village so much he just became the village's bodyguard," Sora said. "Talking about bravery."

Meanwhile, the hunters were fed up with the traps. They decided if they can't go through the forest, they'd go above it. Out in the distance they spotted a cabin by a small lake. They're being carried by their Spearow (some are carrying), along with a bird Pokémon with a vulturine neck and a red coxcomb on its head.

"This is going to be sweet!" The second hunter said.

"I'll say," the first hunter said. "That place must have some Pokémon we can sell." He took out his binoculars to see what it has to offer when he gave a surprised yelp to what he saw. "Hey! Look who's down there!"

The first hunter tossed the binoculars to his colleague. With one look, he instantly recognized two of the individuals on the grounds.

"It's those kids and their Pikachu!" The second hunter said. "And there's a Bulbasaur there too! Along with some other Pokémon!"

The group turned to see a flock of Spearow coming down along with two familiar faces. That was much to Kairi's dismay.

"Hiya Pikachu boy!" The hunters greeted.

"Not them again!" Sora exclaimed running throwing his arms defending Kairi.

"What a happy coincidence for us," the second hunter said in a sinister grin. "Not only we get some Pokémon to sell, but a chance for some payback!"

"Do you know them?" Harold asked.

"Sure do," Kairi answered Harold. "These hunters kidnapped me when I let a Caterpie they had in a cage escape! They were going to kill me when they got what they came for. And that's when Sora came along and saved me!"

"Pokémon hunters?" Harold didn't like the sound of that. Harold took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Starmie! Go!" The Pokéball lets out Starmie ready for battle.

"Looks like we get a Starmie too!" the first hunter said.

"Spearow! Fearow! Attack!" the second hunter ordered. The Spearow flock dove at the Pokémon only for Bulbasaur to Vine Whip and Razor Leaf the offending birds. The Fearow dove specifically at Sora and Pikachu. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned attacking Fearow.

Fearow, the Beak Pokémon

The evolved form of Spearow.

Type: Normal/Flying

Fearow is recognized by its long neck and elongated beak. They are conveniently shaped for catching prey in soil or water. It deftly moves its long and skinny beak to pluck prey.

"But why is it attacking only me and Pikachu?" Sora exclaimed before he remembered. The one Spearow that tried to attack Pikachu in the tree. That's where it hits him. That one Spearow must have evolved at some point.

"Starmie!" Harold called out. "Use Thunderbolt!"

Starmie spins around as electricity comes out of the purple star Pokémon hitting Spearow in the process. "Now use Ice Beam!" Starmie fires Ice Beam hitting the birds as well. Pikachu shocked of the Spearow as well.

"Everyone inside!" Kairi shouted as Melanie, carrying Magikarp, and the others ran inside not wanting to get hurt. Oddish was being swooped by the incoming Spearow. Oddish was really scared now. Sora ran towards Oddish taking the pecks of the Spearow in the process. Bulbasaur saw what Sora was doing; Bulbasaur's views on Sora may have changed after witnessing his bravery. Bulbasaur saw Fearow move in for a kill, but Bulbasaur jumps and tackles the big bird Pokémon right in the gut.

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur shouted. Fearow swept Bulbasaur out of the way. Bulbasaur used Vine Whip on Fearow, but that only got it angry.

Fearow was diving in on Bulbasaur with the intention of finishing it off, only for Sora to pull out a Pokéball.

"Oh no you don't!" Sora shouted. "Pidgeotto! Go!" Sora throws the Pokéball letting Pidgeotto out. "Pikachu! Get on Pidgeotto's back! And jump onto Fearow's!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu obeyed his trainer riding on Pidgeotto. The Spearow dove in at the two. As soon as Pikachu had Fearow in his sights Pikachu jumped off and shocked Fearow and the surrounding Spearow. All the Spearow flew away having enough of the assaults. Pikachu jumped off of Fearow's back and back into Sora's arms.

"Get back here you worthless birds!" The hunters shouted.

Fearow only remained; refusing to flee. Fearow looked at Pidgeotto and charged in with its beak pointed at the smaller bird. Fearow then starts spinning around and around.

"Watch out for Drill Peck!" Harold shouted.

"Pidgeotto! Steel Wing!" Pidgeotto flew at Fearow with his wings metalized, hitting Fearow right on target. "Quick Attack!" Pidgeotto flipped in the air and flew fast at Fearow. "That's not Quick Attack!"

"That was Aerial Ace!" Harold pointed out. "It's a speed based attack that never misses!"

"Now that's a move!" Sora said. "Alright Pidgeotto! Aerial Ace again!" Pidgeotto used Aerial Ace again charging like a torpedo in the ocean and sending Fearow back to the hunters. "Now finish it off with Gust!" Pidgeotto flapped his wings creating a giant tornado heading towards them. The hunters and Fearow goes flying in the disntance, but seperates soon as the tornado dies down.

On a road somewhere, a police car is driving along the way going on patrol when the two hunters make a crash landing on the back seat.

The police officers look back and checked the wanted posters.

"It's those Pokémon hunters we were told to look out for," the first cop said. "I heard they kidnapped some girl not too far from Viridian City."

"Sure is," the second cop agreed. "You two are in a big heap of trouble. You are under arrest for Pokémon poaching, kidnapping, and attempted murder. You're both going in the cooler for all that."

The police car drove off as the cop driving gives a report of the Pokémon hunters in their custody.

With all the excitement over with, everyone got back out.

"Is everyone alright?" Melanie asked.

"Everyone is fine," Sora answered. "Those guys just had the wind knocked out of them." He, Kairi, Harold, Melanie and the Pokémon started to laugh at the pun. Sora looked at Bulbasaur as he smiles. "Even Bulbasaur has a sense of humor."

Melanie turns to Sora who was also smiling at him.

"Sora, do you agree that Bulbasaur would make a good addition to your team?" Melanie asked.

"Well yeah," Sora answered. "After everything Bulbasaur did for you, how could I not?"

"I think Bulbasaur should go with you," Melanie said catching Sora off guard. Even Kairi was surprised by this. "Bulbasaur stayed to protect the weaker Pokémon, but this village is too small. The bulb on his back can't grow. He needs to go out into the world. I know that you will take good care of him. Please take Bulbasaur with you on your journey. I know he will be a good companion."

"I would like to," Sora said. "But what about the village?"

"What will happen once Bulbasaur leaves here?" Kairi asked. "Who will protect the you and the village after that?"

"Bulbasaur did a great job of protecting the village; perhaps too great a job. These Pokémon shouldn't be here forever; once they recover, they're supposed to leave, but it's too safe here, so none of them wants to go away. They don't want to go in the outside world. These Pokémon should return to the wild, because that's where they belong. And when they do, they hope they can have a good trainer like you. Of course, my mission will always be taking care of sick Pokémon, but my mission isn't accomplished until they return to where they came. So it's the day the Pokémon leave that's more rewarding to me."

Harold looks at Melanie taking in what she said.

"Pika Pi," Pikachu said.

"It's time for Bulbasaur to leave here. And he won't be a burden I promise," Melanie said. "Bulbasaur is still growing so I want him to be with someone who will make Bulbasaur happy, and I know that someone is you, Sora."

Sora nodded as he agreed to that so he looks at Bulbasaur.

"You sure it's what you wanna do, Bulbasaur?" Sora asked the Grass Type.

"Bulbasaur," Bulbasaur said. "Bulba, Bulba, Bulbasaur."

"But it looks like Bulbasaur will come along if he can have a battle with you," Melanie said.

"Well then," Sora said. "Let the initiation begin!" Pikachu and Bulbasaur gets ready for battle. "Pikachu! Go!"

"Pika!" Pikachu charges in for a frontal assault. Bulbasaur fights back with Vine Whip missing him. Bulbasaur charges in with Tackle hitting its mark.

"Watch out Pikachu!" Sora called. Bulbasaur charges with another Tackle. Pikachu goes flying again, then Pikachu attacks with Quick Attack. Bulbasaur used Vine Whip to pick Pikachu up and slam him on the ground. "Pikachu! Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu shocked Bulbasaur, only hitting him, but paralyzing him as well. Bulbasaur fell to the side. Sora throws a Pokéball right at Bulbasaur, putting inside. The Pokéball wobbles around until stars swirls around confirming the catch.

"Gotcha Bulbasaur!" Sora shouted.

"Way to go, Sora!" Kairi cheered.

"Pi Pikachu!" Pikachu chirped.

"I'll miss you, Bulbasaur," Melanie said sadly.

Sora lets Bulbasaur out only for Bulbasaur to say goodbye to the friends he made during his stay.

"I promise you, I will take very good care of Bulbasaur," Sora said.

"And I can contribute by providing Bulbasaur a proper diet," Kairi added.

"Thank you both," Melanie smiled. She bends down to Bulbasaur petting him for the last time. "I will miss you very much. And thank you for everything."

"Bulba," Bulbasaur said.

Harold walked up as he had something he wanted to say. "I was thinking of becoming a Pokémon doctor."

They all turned to him in surpise.

"Really?" Sora asked.

"Why?" Kairi asked also.

"After watching Melanie in action, I thought for the short time that I've been here that I decided that I should tend to the needs of sick Pokémon; either wild or trainer owned," Harold said. "I'm thinking of attending a medical school to learn about healing medicines for Pokémon." He turned to Melanie and smiled. "I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration."

"You're welcome," Melanie said smiling.

Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu, along with Bulbasaur take one last look at the village saying goodbye to the village. Bulbasaur was a little sad that he had to leave, but he knew Melanie was right.

"Don't worry about them," Sora said. "They'll be okay. They'll leave the village when they get better. Just I know you will be okay too."

"Bulba," Bulbasaur said. Bulbasaur looks upon his new trainer and smiled.

Now that Bulbasaur now part of the team, Sora's team grew a little stronger. Now their journey continues on.