Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Alone In The Deserted Street ❯ The Myth ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Some time ago, in a dimension far, far more twisted than ours...
There was a street that extended as far as the eye could see. It seemed, however, that not a single vehicle traversed it. There seemed to be legends of this street. Legends that deemed it as haunted, that many who had dared go in had never returned, and nobody wanted to come close to the road.
It seems, however, that some people haven't heard of the legend. People like this guy.
This guy was walking down the street singing a merry song.
“The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout, out came the rain and washed the spider out”
Suddenly, the guy saw a dust cloud on the distance. He looks puzzled as the dust cloud got bigger, and bigger, and bigger. He then saw another man within the dust running really fast. “A marathonist” he thought, as he moved to the right side of the road. But then the running man moved to the same side. The guy wasn't sure what was happening, so he just moved to the left side, only to see the running man move right in front of him again.
“What's his problem?” he thought. He was getting annoyed, and moved back to the center of the road. The running man followed suit.
“YO!” the guy started yelling, “What's the deal with you! Stay on one side of the road! The road ain't yours, you know!”
The running man kept running as if nothing happened. The guy was starting to get nervous. When he moved left, the running man realigned himself with him. When he moved right, the running man realigned yet again to face him straight.
“We're gonna crash if you continue like this!” The guy yelled. The running man just kept running. The guy was getting scared, so he ran to hide behind a big tree at the side of the road. He stayed there and panted a little, but then he discovered, there wasn't any noise. Just lots and lots of silence. Too much silence. He crept to look at where the running man was supposed to be, but didn't see anything. The running man had vanished. Impossible. He quickly turned around to the other horizon on the road. Nothing. The guy sighed as he tried to make sense of all this. It wasn't a dream, as his 20 red-hot pinches in his arms confirmed. He was trying to calm down so he could continue his way. Suddenly he heard rapid footsteps from his left. The running man was fast approaching him from the sand dunes. The guy started running to the other side of the road. Unfortunately, the running man caught him in the middle of the road and passed through the guy. That's right, TROUGH the guy. The running man had malicious, totally black eyes and an evil grin as he did this and sped away.
Feeling tired and energy-less, the guy fainted in the middle of the road. He just didn't felt anything. Nada. Not the blazing sun, not the dust he unconsciously inhaled, not even the rumble on the road that indicated the fast approaching truck.
End of Prologue.
00001110111100001111011011001101010101010111000010101001010110100 1010001
Alone in the Deserted Street
By Lightweight/JCM