Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Alone In The Deserted Street ❯ Check In ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sormy Family Group

Presents:

Alone In The Deserted Street

Chapter 2

Check In

{Disclaimer: I DO NOT own neither Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, or Pokemon}

[Sputtering]

[Cough, Cough]

[Backfire]

"That's it" Mamoru complained, "done, game over, finito, no more."

"Well, at least we made it." Usagi tried to comfort Mamoru who was clearly upset for pushing his car to the very limit.

"Well, now that we are here…" Ami spoke up, trying to change the subject, "we should get something to eat." They were making their way towards the diner when they heard some strange mumblings.

"I'm sorry."

The girls looked back only to see a near weeping Mamoru talking alone…

or perhaps… to his car?

"I promise never to do that again." He was still sitting, leaned on the dashboard and caressing the car. The girls just stood there, looking at each other's faces, not knowing what to do with the weeping man in front of him. Usagi, knowing that she should be the one to talk, tried to pull him away from there.

"We're going to the diner. You coming?"

"Not now," Mamoru replied, "I'll be there soon."

"Oh, come on. It's just not the same without you."

"Please, just give me some time alone with Mandy."

"Who's Mandy?" Usagi asked with a hint of jealousy and anger in her voice.

"Shhh." Mamoru started to talk to his car again. "Don't pay her any mind, Mandy. Just relax. Take a rest."

Ami, Minako, Makoto and Rei sweatdropped and retreated to the Lucky Cat. They made their way to the front desk, where they were greeted by a strange tall woman with long red hair.

"Welcome to the Lucky Cat Bed & Breakfast." The woman joyfully greeted the guests. "My name is Jessica. How may I help you?"

"Yeah, hi" Rei was the first to speak, "We just want to eat something at your diner."

"And maybe later," Minako added, "We'd like to rent a few rooms."

"Okay." Jessica said with a grin plastered in her face. "The diner's down the hall to the left. I'll call to have everything ready. So that's table for 4?"

"6!" Usagi yelled as she entered, dragging a totally unwilling Mamoru inside. He was crying a waterfall for letting Mandy (his car, in case you didn't notice) go, but as he departed, he uttered words like "good bye, dear" and "I love you". That made Usagi wonder: who did really had a place in Mamoru's heart, her, or "Mandy"? Anyway, she wanted to do her best to show him how much she loved him. "Come on, Mamo-chan, something on your stomach will do you good." She told him, trying to comfort him.

He then got up and hesitantly followed the girls to the diner. There they were greeted by a strange, and rather joyful, blue haired man.

"Welcome everybody. My name is Jimmy. Can I take your order?"

Everyone was puzzled at this guy. His hair, his voice, his face… It's almost as if they've seen this guy before. Personally? They quickly dismissed it, because he would've known them already. Maybe it was on an ad… or on TV…

This line of thought was quickly and abruptly interrupted when Usagi spoke out to order her main dish… and then her side dish, and then her dessert, and then her munchies, and then Makoto interrupted her to order her food. And so it went with everyone, and everyone enjoyed their food. And everyone forgot about what they were thinking.

After everyone was satisfied, they looked out the window and saw the sun setting. Seeing this, the group decided to follow Minako's advice and rent a room. So, they all made their way back to the reception room, where they saw a strange, cream colored cat with a gold… eh… something on its forehead.

"Hello" Jessica sprang out of nowhere to greet them. "Had a pleasant meal?"

"Uhh, yes." Ami answered. "We would like to rent a few rooms for the night."

"Good. Now how many rooms do you want?" To this question, Usagi was quick to answer.

"2!"

"3!" Rei quickly countered. "We have to give Mamoru his space, and I don't think that the 5 of us could fit comfortably in a room. Unless you were planning something else…"

"Actually…"

"What do you mean by that?" Usagi interrupted Jessica's advice. "Could you quit your wishful thinking?"

"Well excuse me for trying to be a little more conscious than you." Rei talked back.

"Oh, yeah? Well, this is for you." Usagi said as she held a raspberry. (The mock with the tongue, not the fruit)

"Why, you…" Rei responded by sticking her tongue out at Usagi.

Everyone just shrugged and stayed back at Usagi and Rei's incessant ranting. Why did it always happen? Every time they go someplace, Usagi and Rei always find something to argue about. It got to the point that the other girls didn't bet if it was going to happen, but when. The winner this time was Makoto, saying that they would start before getting to the beach. The prize: 200 Meseta, or about 78 cents.

"3 rooms, please." Ami quietly told Jessica. The Red haired woman then gave Ami the keys to rooms 7, 8, and 14.

"Come on, Rei," Minako said as she pulled Rei away. "You're staying with me." She then took Rei to the room, which served to cool things down enough between Rei and Usagi.

"Hey, What a nice cat." Usagi suddenly blurted out after a moment of strange silence.

"Oh, yes." Jessica agreed. "He's a crossbreed. A cross between a Persian and a domestic albino cat."

"And what's with the golden thing?"

"Just an adornment."

"Nice"

"Hey Usagi, let's go." Makoto interrupted them, calling from the stairs.

"Well, if you excuse me…"

"Yeah, go on, and don't worry about a thing." Jessica said as she saw her go upstairs. "We got you covered."

That Night…

"I just don't know" Usagi whined in front of Ami and Makoto. "What if Mamo-chan thinks of me as second plane in his list of priorities? Lately he's been dismissing me a little and…"

"A little?" Ami quickly blurted out.

"Uh, excuse us." Makoto told Usagi, then quickly twisted Ami around and spoke to her. "Ami-chan, you're practically asking me to unveil…" The next portion was whispered into Ami's ear, Which made her eyes open in horror. "… So just calm down, `k?"

They both turned to see a puzzled Usagi. "Never mind, Usagi." Ami quickly apologized.

"And anyways, maybe you're misjudging Mamoru." Makoto spoke out. "But please, continue."

Usagi nodded and started to talk. "Ok, you see, he…" She suddenly stoped and looked like she was searching for something.

"What's wrong, Usagi-chan?" Ami asked.

"I hear something." Usagi kept listening without turning to her friends. "Footsteps."

Both Ami and Makoto focused on hearing the apparent noises.

[Slow footsteps]

"I don't know, Usagi," Makoto commented, "they may be just getting to their rooms."

"If so," Ami replied, "then why are they going so slowly?"

Two sets of feet move slowly and sneaky towards the room next to Usagi. Using a master Key, they enter the room, where there are two persons sleeping soundly. Alongside one of the beds was as open bag. As the man introduced his hand into the bag, the person on the bed shifted, making him retreat. Then when he made sure that the person was sound asleep (snoring, even), he reached for the bag, taking out…

"An orange orb?" Jimmy asked.

"Not exactly a pokéball" Jessica added, looking at a certain creature.

"But still" Jimmy said, looking carefully at the orb "It looks almost… like gold"

"Yeah, it could be worth a fortune."

"Precioussss…" The other voice said at contemplating the orb.

"Suddenly, a loud yawn was heard across the room, scaring the pigment out of the perpetrators. A big, manly voice spoke.

"[YAWWWN] Man, I'm hungry. I need my midnight snack… Huh? What are you doing here?! And why do you have THAT?!"

Jimmy, Jessica and that other voice screamed to the top of their lungs as they were propelled straight out of the room. The ensuing crash woke up everybody and made the already alert Usagi, Ami and Makoto come out of their room, followed by the rest. Including Goku.

"What's wrong, Vegeta?" He asked casually at his former rival.

"These thieves wanted to swindle the Dragon Balls from us." Vegeta answered.

"Dragon Balls?" Minako asked.

"That's none of your business, kid!" Vegeta yelled at Minako and then concentrated his attention on Jimmy and Jessica. "Now, answer me, Who are you and what do you want?!"

"Well," Jessica said, "Since you asked so nicely…"

Suddenly, Jessica and Jimmy's clothes were thrown into the air, uncovering another set of clothes. Suddenly, out of the blue, the Team Rocket theme song starts playing.

"Prepare for Trouble"

"And make it Double"

"To protect the world from devastation"

"To unite all peoples within our nation"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love"

"To extend our reach to the stars above"

"Jessie"

"James"

"Team Rocket Blast off at the speed of light"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight."

[SLASH] [SLASH] [Record scratching]

"You fools! I told you to keep you identities a secret, but you…" As soon as he realized his mistake, Meouth suddenly looked at everybody in the hall. He then quickly retreated to a standard cat sitting position.

[Meow]

Everyone just looked in utter confusion. They just didn't know what to do or say about the situation. The writer didn't know what to write. So, he decided to talk. Hey, how you doin'? Just fine, thanks. Oh, me? Just filling some space here.

Then, Usagi's light bulb turned on.

"AAAAAH! A TALKING CAT!"

"Finally someone" Meouth just said, giving up his position.

"Ok, enouh of this silliness." Jessie said. (Thank you.) "Either give us the golden orb, or face our wrath!"

Vegeta was laughing at this. "First off, this" showing the orb with two stars on it "is a Dragon Ball, and you have no business with a Dragon Ball. Second, do you really think you can beat me?"

Well, we're not Team Rocket for nothing." James talked back. Yes, I'm as surprised as you are. "Wheezing!"

"Go, Likitung!"

Then, Jessie and James throw a pokeball each, from which come out their pokemon: Wheezing and Likitung. After that, another pokemon jun=mped out of James' pokeballs: a Victreebel, Which, to the eyes of the expectators, seemed to be eating its master. The poor James was running around, sometimes bumping into walls, trying to get the Victreebel out of his head.

"Wmmmzmmm, Smmkm scmmm!" James ordered his pokemon.

[Traductions by monohybrid: Wheezing, Smoke screen!]

Then Wheezing creates a dense, and kinda toxic, smoke screen. Everybody in the hall was either blinded by the smoke or just couldn't take it anymore and ran away.

"Man, this smells bad." Makoto commented.

"Yuck" Goku added. "It smells almost like when Krillin eats those chilli burritos."

Then, Mamoru got a brilliant idea. He took out the fan from his room, aimed it at a nearby window, and turned it on. The smoke was slowly letting up. That's when Vegeta noticed that the Dragon ball was no longer in his hand.

"Where ARE THEY!" he angrily shouted.

Out of the Lucky Cat, across the street, and running like a bolt, Jessie and James were making their escape. James was specially joyful, as he had the Dragon Ball in his possession. A shout by Meouth made them slow down.

"HEY! Wait for me! They had more of those orbs in the bag!" He shouted, trying to catch up, but still lagging behind.

Jessie and James quickly turned around, picked up Meouth and the bag, and sprinted back to their route. They all started to sing in unison…

"We're rich, we're rich, we're filthy, stinking rich!"

"We're in the money, We're in the money, Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la… la… la… la?"

They stopped at the sight of a man blocking their way to their hot air balloon only a few meters away. The man was looking down in an almost depressive state.

"Something wrong, man?" Jessie asked, half concerned, half annoyed. If that man didn't do anything, she was going to push him to the side.

The man cleaned his nose with his hand before looking up. When he did, he opened his eyes, and to the Team's surprise, his eyes were really small and beady, and he held an evil-looking grin, enough to leave them frozen stiff in fear.

010110101011010010101110101011010001011010110101011101010010110 101011

Yay, another chapter complete! I'm glad I'm beating the writer's block I got specially during the beginning. R&R, and leave CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! Thank you.

And now the bad news: You may have to wait 2 or more months for the next installment. I'm going on vacation, so please be patient.

JCM 2oo4