Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Alone In The Deserted Street ❯ The Obligatory Battle Chapter ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sormy Family Group Presents:

Alone In The Deserted Street

Chapter 4: The Obligatory Battle Chapter

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Kirby, Final Fantasy, 8-Bit Theater, or Sonic Boom. I'm not getting money for this, so there's no need for a lawsuit, right?

00010101110101010010101001010101101010000101101010101010

"My" Minako said admiring the Z Fighters' bravery. "Those two are real heroes."

"Yep" Kirby said ironically "Big, heroic… fools. If they touch the Running Man, they'll lose energy, no matter what."

Everyone stood quiet, feeling powerless against the grey freak.

"The only thing I can't understand is how did he got here? He's not triggered that easy, unless you sing a silly song or child's song."

[Flashback to 10 minutes ago]

Red Mage left the Lucky Cat and headed back to his questing singing a made-up song. Obviously silly.

"We… we are the light warriors. We… we're looking for glory (change tempo) And experience points! Oh, Oh! And experience points! Oh… !"

[Swish]

[THUD] [Final Fantasy "Game Over" music plays]

Thank you, Running Man.

[End of flashback]

"That's not important right now," Jessie said, "what's important is that they win."

Outside, the fight was about to start, as Goku and Vegeta rose up to the sky, the swooped down ready to strike a blow to the Running Man. They hit him, leaving him on his back. But they had trouble landing as they seemed to trip, then brake with their faces. They rose up and charged towards the Running Man. Except, the Running Man wasn't there anymore. But he wasn't gone, they could sense it. Where was he? Suddenly, they noticed him. HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND THEM! The Z Fighters quickly retreated before he could touch them, then decided to double team him. Goku would go straight towards him, and Vegeta will get him on his blind side. And so they ran, towards the cloud trail the Running Man emits, and…

"WOW! What a battle! What a battle! Goku starts up with some quick jabs, and Vegeta tries up some footwork. Man, they sure are battling it out to the end! Now it seems like they are measuring strengths. Arms, elbows, legs, fists, feet. Everything! They cancel out all attacks. Now they go for the big strike… POW! Ooh, both Z fighters are ejected from the grey cloud! But they don't lose a second and they go back in. Now Goku does some sweep kicks and Vegeta works the body blows. Now they're rolling around like a tumbleweed. And now look to the left… A tumbleweed! And they keep rolling around and fighting. They're now on the edges of the grey cloud. They're out of the edges, and…"

"Hey, Doofus and Stupid!" Jessie yells, "What are you doing fighting each other?"

Hey! What the heck are you doing here? Running Man, get back to the set before I call the producer and leave the narrating to me. Sheez, I go out for ONE minute, and suddenly everything goes outtta control. MMMMMM, sauerkraut. I think I got some BBQ sauce over here. Anyway…

When the Running Man finished his "narrator for a day"wish, he reappeared on the other side of the street. Goku and Vegeta decided to stop for a minute and think this out. There had to be a way to hit him without losing energy. There had to be a way to corral him and not get duped like last time when…

"Kakarot!" Vegeta yelled when Goku flew up to attack.

"Ka… Me… Ha…" Goku has already started the attack.

"The fool." James said. "TRhat attack is pure energy. The Running Man will surely absorb it."

James turned only to see that everybody was staring blankly at him.

"What? Haven't you seen Dragon Ball Z?"

James received no answer. They just kept staring. Blankly.

"Is that what you do on your `one hour to myself' time?" Jessie asked.

"Well," James countered, "What did you think I'd watch? Digimon?

_-_-_-_-_-_-

"… Me… HA!" Goku throws the blast directly to the Running Man. Direct hit. That blast could've fried quite a few chickens easy. (P.S.: Goku, KFC is calling you. They say they have a cook position open.) Amazingly, the Running Man stood there with barely a scratch. He inhaled, then exhaled, uncovering his trademark evil smirk and a strange glow.

"Guess that didn't work." Goku said nervously. "Hee hee hee…" Vegeta just stared at him arrogantly.

"You're getting it." Vegeta threatened Goku. "After he's done, I swear, you're getting it."

"Well… now what?" Goku asked

"I thought we could use the Sonic Boom." Vegeta suggested.

"…" Goku was left wondering. "Are you sure we won't get in trouble with Sega or Capcom?"

Vegeta gave him that look again, then slapped him on the back of his head. "Not that! I mean… [whispering]"

"Oh! That could work." And with that set, Goku and Vegeta take positions on opposite sides of the Running Man. Said man just stood there, overconfidence flowing from his pores. `They'll give me some more energy AND they'll bonk on themselves' he thought. Too much confidence, I'd say. Goku and Vegeta started flying full speed towards the Running Man. He saw only too late that they were not gonna touch him. They just flew by at such speed that the wind hit him and left him dizzy.

[Insert General Cheering from the Lucky Cat here]

The Running Man tried to regain his composure to fight back, but the Z fighters were too fast. They went at it again. And again. And again, and again, and again, and again, etc., etc., etc. The Running Man felt like he had his energy drained, but he still stood. Vegeta and Goku signaled each other and went at it again. And again. And again, and again, and again, and again, etc., etc., etc.

The Running Man, dizzy and weakened, felt like he couldn't handle this anymore, and collapsed to the floor. Purple flames started consuming his body and lasted for almost 30 minutes.

"Who wants s'mores?"

"I do!"

Finally, the flames were extinguished. In its place, the missing Dragon Ball appeared. Goku picked it up and placed it into the bag, which he kept in a tight grip to avoid… borrowers. Everybody felt safer and quickly fell asleep. (Except for Usagi. Those nightmares really get to her.)

That Morning…

Mamoru, James and Meouth were checking on Mamoru's car(Well, Mamoru and James anyway, as Meouth got electrocuted too many times by an inactive car to go on.), Goku and Vegeta were looking to the sky (Why? Why you're asking me?), and the girls, well, were doing what girls do best… talk!

[Girls chatting nonsensically]

Meouth: Even if you live wit dem…

James: Even if you become their friends…

Mamoru: Even if you fall in love with them…

Meouth: None of dat matters…

All three: you'll never understand women.

"There he is!"Goku pointed at a dot in the sky, which then grew larger and greener. Piccolo landed in front of the Z Fighters.

"So," Piccolo starts, "Do you have them?"

"Yeah." Goku handed the bag. "It was nothing, really."

"Good." Piccolo grabbed the bag and checked the insides. "Now we are one step ahead of King Buu's plans." And he took off.

"HEY!" Vegeta shouted, "What about our deal!?"

"You will find your reward when you get back to your house." Piccolo explained, then disappeared among the clouds.

"Goodbye, precious." Meouth almost weeped watching that bag go away.

"YES!!" Mamoru almost cried of joy as the car finally started up.

"Guess that's our call, girls." Rei pointed out.

"Will you be ok?" Usagi asked Team Rocket.

"Oh, we'll be fine." Meouth eased Usagi's worries. "We's got a hot air balloon ready of quick escapes."

"We'll be outta here as soon as possible." Jessie added. "SO you should too."

And so, the 5 girls mounted on the car, and everyone waved everyone goodbye. Mamoru and the girls left first, then the Z fighters flew away, leaving Team Rocket to pick up a few things before they too left this forsaken land.

"Well, Mamo-chan, let's talk about Mandy." Usagi caught Mamoru totally out of guard.The poor guy almost chocked at the question, while the other girls couldn't help but laugh. (You don't do that sort of things to a man, you know.) Oh, well. That's how they are.

Jessie and James watched the others leave before continuing their pick-ups. During their packaging, James got intrigued by something.

"Man, that Mamoru has to fix that car good. They didn't pass the 7 meters, and that thing was already spewing… unusually… thick… grey… clouds?"

"Thick grey clouds?" Meouth pondered. "cars don't spew dat kinda fumes."

"I know." James answered. "But where have we seen thick grey clouds before?"

"Last time we saw a grey cloud," Jessie answers, "it was last night at the fight with…"

[Glass breaks]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

01011101010001011010100101010110101010010101001011010101001100< /div>

Yes, I know. This chapter is shorter. I wanted it that way. I guess my focus on the fight gave it such brevity. Not to worry, as the story is not over. Unfortunately, this story will be put on hold so I can focus my efforts on my new fic. Maybe in around 2-3 months you'll see the next chapter. (No promises, though) come on, people. R & R.

JCM 2oo4