Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Alone In The Deserted Street ❯ (Under) Standing Your Neighbor ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

PLATINUM (Q PRODUCTIONS

Presents

Alone In The Deserted Street

Chapter 5: Don't get your hopes up, Doc: (Under) Standing your neighbor

[First thing: I'd like to thank Pinapoe for giving me a little credit on the "Waking Ami Director's Cut editing". I'm nothing if not a helper.]

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Kirby, Meow Mix, Butterfingers, Inuyasha, or pizza.

Everything was perfectly fine inside the red Porsche as they searched for civilization. Well, perfect, except for a choked Mamoru being assaulted by Usagi, a watching (make that paranoid) Minako, and Ami and Makoto… well… I think that pretty much speaks for itself, doesn't it?

(NOT THAT, YOU SICK PERVERTS!)

(Keep thinking, you imagination-deprived fools)

Geez, you guys, can't you tell when someone's sleeping? Just look at Ami!

"Zzzzzzz… The square root of 3016743.2 is… pony! Pretty pink pony… My main goal… to be doctor in… Chocolate! Creamy chocolate fudge… brow…nies… Zzzzzz…"

Ehhh… Let's look at Makoto instead.

"Zzzzzzz… I want chicken… I want liver… Meow Mix, Meow Mix, please deliver… Nobody lay a finger on my Butterfinger… We will… we will… rock… you… Zzzzz…"

And this was only the first 3 minutes of driving.

Suddenly, the car started spewing grey fumes. Obviously, this alerted the ever-watching Minako.

"AAAAAAAAH! THE RUNNING MAN'S BACK" She squealed.

Mamoru took a quick glance to the back of the car. "Don't worry, that's just the car." He said, and focused back on the road.

"Oh." Minako calmed down, then tensed up again. "AAAAAAAH! THE CAR'S BUSTED!"

The car kept going. 5 seconds later, though, the car was filling with these "fumes". Weirdly enough, it didn't smell like gasoline or anything of the like. Instead, these fumes held dread, death, and a parasitic need regenerating. The clouds were coming out of everywhere. The A/C vents, the amplifiers, the radio, the steering wheel… everywhere!

"AAAAAAAAAH! WHAT IS THIS!" Usagi squealed

"I told ya! We gotta escape!" Minako screamed. Without a second thought, Mamoru turned the car around and fled quickly, leaving the cloud behind.

[Collective sighs of relief]

… For a second.

[Collective screams of horror]

Mamoru: Wait, wasn't this joke overdone already?

JCM: Shut up and keep driving.

Usagi and Minako tried to wake up Ami and Makoto. I say "tried", because both were heavily asleep.

"To search the galaxy… Girl! I love that fic… I am so… Huh?" Usagi finally succeeds on waking Ami.

"… It's a beautiful morning… Look! A new letter from… yours… Whoa, what…?" Minako finally took Makoto out of the thousand phantoms.

Robert:

JCM: Geez, Robert, don't give me that look! Ok, I'll drop the fanfic references.

Mamoru and the girls tried to flee, but the ghastly cloud seemed to be attached to the car. Finally, they arrived back to the Lucky Cat, and once everybody was inside, Mamoru locked the door and blocked it, just in case.

"ARE YOU OK?!" James shouted, leaving poor Mamo-chan 3 ticks away from a heart attack.

"Don't… DO THAT!" Mamoru yelled, making James cower in fear.

"Eh… sorry for the rudeness." Minako butted in while Usagi snatched Mamoru to calm him down. "But THE RUNNING MAN IS BACK!"

"IMPOSSIBLE!" Jessie yelled. "WE SAW HOW THOSE GUYS BEAT HIM!"

"BUT IT'S TRUE!" Minako yelled back. "RIGHT NOW, HE SHOULD BE RIGHT OUT THERE!"

"WE HAVE TO GET OUTTA HERE!" Usagi screamed.

"WILL YOU STOP SCREAMING!?!?!!" Meouth yelled, making everyone shut their yaps.

Silence.

"Oh, guys." Rei broke the sudden silence… when she came down the stairs. "Sorry for the delay, I needed to take some business in the bathroom. So let's go." The girls just stood there, looking dumbfounded at her. "What?"

"Rei." Usagi managed to say. "Why are you…?" Pointing at the stairs.

"Don't you remember? I told you I was going to the bathroom."

Usagi: Wait a minute, wait a minute! [Looking at JCM] You said that all of us were in the car.

JCM: I never said such thing.

Usagi: [Goes to the internet and looks up "Mediaminer.org"] Here! It says, and I quote:

Quote: on Tuesday, August 24, 2004, JCM wrote:

[And so, the 5 girls mounted on the car, and everyone waved everyone goodbye]

So there.

JCM: Well, I did saw someone like Rei getting in the car. Who was it?

Kagome: Hi. [Waves at everyone, then gives out brochures of Feudal Japan] Well, goodbye. [Leaves.]

Everyone just stared in confusion.

JCM: Oh! That was it! [laughs nervously]

Then a loud knocking broke the current conversation (thank you) and sent everyone back to panic mode.

"What… was… that?" Minako said, hiding in the remains of the front desk.

"Is it… him?" Jessie asked, joining Minako in the construction of a safe wall.

"Whoever it is…" Mamoru said defiantly while grabbing James' arm and pulling him to the door. "we'll take care of it."

"We?" James protested.

"Yes." Mamoru almost commanded him. "Us. Here, take this bat." Mamoru gave James a whiffle bat and motions him to go on one side of the door, while he stayed on the other. He pulled the chair away, and s l o w l y opened the door.

"Hey, guys!" Goku stepped in. "We just came back because I left som…" [THONK!]

James swung the bat out of instinct then Mamoru kicked Goku in the gut. The saiyan fell flat on his face.

"Whoa, Kakarot," Vegeta, who was right behing Goku, commented, "beaten by two weaklings. Tsk, tsk."

The girls rushed over to Goku to see if he's okay.

"Mr. Goku, are you okay?" Rei asked.

"Easy sqeezy lemon peasy." Goku mumbled, then went unconscious.

Everybody helped to get Goku in a room. After that, they tried to give him first aids. Keyword: tried.

"G-AAAAAH!" Goku screamed in pure pain. "No, please! Not that! AAAAAAH! That stings! It stings so bad! OWW! Please stop! Have mercy!"

"Oh, brother." Meouth cried out. "Dis guy's a crybaby, whinin' cause dey're puttin' bandages on 'im!"

After the torture session (A.K.A: the bandages), everybody settled down in the diner, Mamoru obviously WAY far away from Goku. And James… well… nowhere to be seen.

"So why are you back here?" Vegeta was first to break the silence.

"Pure, sheer terror." Usagi mentioned. "The Running Man isn't dead."

"Technically, he is dead." Ami pointed out.

"Well, yeah, but he's not dead, 'good-bye-and-never-return-again' dead."

"So we didn't beat him?" Vegeat asked angrily. "Darn it! Why don't they ever stay dead!"

"No wonder you were so paranoid." Goku interjected on Vegeta's rage. "We need to find a way to call fo…"

"It's not enough to be stuck on this stupid desert!" Vegeta interrupted. Goku looked at him with a hint of annoyance, then continued.

"Is there a phone we could…?"

"And on this stupid fanfic!"

"A phone we could use…"

"Now we find that this thing is still alive!"

"… that we could call for he…"

"Stupid author, trying to keep the plot alive!"

"We need to…"

"Morons!"

"Come up w…"

"Stupid…!"

"some sort o…"

"Idiots!"

Goku stopped, and everything went dead-quiet. Seeing Vegeta calmer, he continued.

"We…"

"AND I haven't even touched my reward yet!!"

"GAH!" Goku just gave up, and was marching out. He was stopped, however, by James entering the diner a little fatigued and wiping sweat off his forehead.

"Ït's ready" The male Team Rocket member announced.

"What's ready?" Usagi asked.

100101101101011101010011011010011010101101010110101001101 01101010100101

"This," James opened a closet door, revealing a computer with a webcam on a simple desk and a beach seat. "is a makeshift confessional room. You can use it to record and send messages to someone you know. You may also use it to… confess your biggest, darkest secrets if you like…"

James meant that last sentence as a joke, but he didn't expect that he (along with the others) was pushed aside by (Who else?) Ami, who slammed and locked the door right behind her, put on the headset, and began recording.

"Ehh… My hair is not really blue."

She thought about it a little, then gasped, and rushed over to the controls.

"Give me that file!"

123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567 890

One by one, they sent messages to everybody they could think of. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything, does it?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tsukino residence:

Usagi's parents got her video mail. Unfortunately, they had no way whatsoever for hearing it.

"What is she saying?" Kenji wondered.

"Probably talking about her marvelous trip." Ikuko reassured him.

"But why is she flailing her arms like that?" the dad was still pondering upon. Shingo passed close and viewed the message.

"That's just how she gets when she fights with that friend of hers, Rei." The boy commented, then walked off. The parents just thought of this as true.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Capsule Inc:

Bulma was checking her e-mail, and stumbled upon this 'urgent' mail…

"Bulma!" the video mail began. It was Goku. "You have to help us! Me and Vegeta are stuck in this weird desert-like place, and this ghost-like monster is trying to rob us from our energy! Please, come get us! Fast!" The message ended.

"Gohan!"Bulma called the half-saiyan, who was currently around.

"What?" Gohan poked his head where Bulma was.

"Goku and Vegeta are in trouble! Round up as much help as you can! We're gonna find them!" And with that, Bulma ran to the phone.

Moments later, Gohan, Krillin, Trunks, Goten, Master Roshi, Yamsha, 18, and others were on Capsule Inc.'s backyard.

"So, where do you think they are?" Krillin asked.

"My guess," Master Roshi began, "is that they are on some distant planet a few light-years away."

"Then what are we waiting for?!" Trunks shouted, and everyone rushed to the nearest Capsule ship and took off, not waiting for Bulma to give them the real coordinates.

"Why you little…! Now who's gonna rescue you?!"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Team Rocket HQ:

Giovanni gets an e-mail from his usual headache.

"Hey, boss." The annoying voice of Meouth survived digitalization. "We got some troible over here. There's a strange guy dat's trying to kill us. We need you to send some reinfoisments or somethin'. Anything else you need to know is on the adj… adjei.... in the other e-mail. Repoiting from group 'S', Meouth."

Giovanni closed the message and didn't even bother to open the other one. 'Good riddance', he thought.

000110111011001110101010100110101010110101010101010011011 0110101

"… And then he stepped out of the car." James narrated. "Big mistake. For when he got out, a shadow enveloped him, and then…

THE WEREWOLF JUMPED OUT AND BIT HALF HIS HEAD OFF!!!"

Eveyrbody who was listening the story jumped in fright, some yelped, and even a few felt nauseous. They were already on their toes thanks to James' not-so-lighthearted story. And then…

"HEY!" Usagi shouted as she entered from the diner. Everybody else screamed bloody murder. "What's going on?"

Rei, trying to pull herself together, approached Usagi. "We're just telling some stories."

"Oh, great!" Usagi jumped in joy. "I love stories!" She then joined the circle on the lobby.

"Be warned." James began again. "These are not your childhood stories." He looked like he was winding up for something big. "This is…"

[Moments later]

"The witch was overpowering them, leaving them with less and less resources." Everybody was sitting, listening carefully, and rather frightened, to the story. "The campers ran as fast as they could, hoping to get away from the witch. They hid under a rock to try and evade the witch, but unbeknownst to them, the evil hag was right on the other side of the rock. She was rising…" Then the group froze in fear as they saw a weird shadow rising below James. "And rising… and rising…" Part of the group was stuttering nonsense. "The campers that did see the witch were stuttering nonsense to the ones who didn't. Kinda like how you're doing… right… now?" James dropped the narrative, and nervously pointed behind him. The others very nervously nodded once. James, now with a frightened face, slowly looked back, then…

"BOO!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" James jumped quite a few feet high. Jessie (the weird shadow) was laughing her lungs off. James was about to protest, but then he felt something bad. He opened his eyes in horror, and started moving his hand down, but quickly pulled it back up.

"Eh…" James nervously spoke. "I'll be right back. I just need to go to the restroom… to… clear my mind!" And he fled.

They laughed, some even mocked. But then, slowly, but steady, the depression started kicking in.

"Are we ever gonna get out of here?" Makoto groaned.

"Not as long as Sir Beady Eyes-A-Lot stays on the loose." Rei sighed.

"Oh," Goku said, "And now, who is going to defend us?"

[Crickets chirping]

[General staring]

"Well, it worked on that TV show…"

Then somebody -or something- knocked at the door. Everybody was on an alert high.

"Who is it?" Makoto dared to ask.

"Pizza delivery." Someone said in singsong.

"YAY!" Usagi and Minako shouted in unison, then rushed to the door, despite the warnings. Upon opening the front door, they find Kirby on the other side, and he indeed had a pizza.

"Hey! How are yo…" He was cut short as the girls swiped the pizza and slammed the door, leaving him outside.

"HEY!" Kirby pounded on the door frantically.

Inside, Usagi and Minako were enjoying the pizza when they noticed the weird stares.

"What?"

101010101101010101101010011010101010101010101010101101010 1001010

FINALLY! CHAPTER 5!

Now that this is out, I can concentrate a little more on "Heritage", which I hope to have out before the end of the year. Please R&R and be rough on me. I deserve it.

JCM/Lightweight.