Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Get Those Hedgehogs! ❯ Faith and Shakes ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. Ash, Misty, Brock and all the Pokemon belong to Pokemon. Sonic and Amy belong to SEGA.
 
………………..
 
Sonic opened his emerald eyes. At first, everything seemed to be a blur, and then, it came into focus as Sonic tried to remember what happened, and where he is and why there was a soft humming sound in the background and why he was laying on a cold metal floor.
 
He quietly sat up, surprisingly, there wasn't any pain.
 
“Where am I?” Sonic wondered, looking around the cold metal room. There were no windows, and one door. One side of the room had a black screen-like object against the wall. There were no decorations what so ever, only cold, metal, lifeless walls.
 
Suddenly, what had occurred previously flooded through Sonic's mind.
 
“Amy!” he called. Sonic knew that Amy couldn't hear him, but he shouted her name anyway.
 
“Sonic?” asked a familiar voice. Then again, maybe she did hear him.
 
“Amy?” Sonic said back. The blue hedgehog looked all around him for the source of the voice. Finally, his eye caught a little pink figure huddled in a corner.
 
“Amy?” he tried again.
 
The pink figure lifted her head from being in a curled-up position, and looked at Sonic.
 
“Sonic!” Amy replied joyfully.
 
“Amy!” Sonic called back, and ran to the pink hedgehog.
 
“Oh, Sonic! I was so scared!” Amy said as Sonic knelt beside her.
 
She immediately put her arms around Sonic's neck and hugged him.
 
“Uh, Amy, can you let go?” Sonic asked.
 
Amy didn't answer, just started crying and continued hugging her true blue hero.
 
“Oh, how touching,” said a voice.
 
Amy's arms fell to her sides, and she stopped her weeping as Sonic turned to see the once black screen to be filled with a man's face.
 
“Who are you?” Sonic asked.
 
The man smiled, “My name is Giovanni. I am a friend.”
 
“If you're a friend, where are we?” Sonic asked.
 
“You are in a temporary room, where I could talk to you,” Giovanni explained, in the nicest way he could—but Sonic wasn't falling for it that easy.
 
“In this metal room? Why couldn't we talk to you face-to-face?” Sonic wondered, daring to stand up.
 
“I like some privacy; doesn't every friend need some of their own space?” Giovanni replied, almost grinning.
 
“If every friend needs some privacy, why didn't you put Amy and me in different `temporary rooms'?” Sonic challenged as his hand fell upon his hip.
 
“Because I knew that you two needed to know each other were safe. Friends care that one another is safe, don't they?” Giovanni replied.
 
Sonic's arms crossed over his chest. He still didn't trust this guy. The blue hedgehog's eyes turned to the floor and stayed there as Amy stood up beside Sonic.
 
“Um, Mr. Giovanni?” she asked.
 
“Yes?” the black-haired man replied.
 
“Why are we here and how did we get free from those two criminals?” Amy wondered.
 
Oh yeah, Sonic thought, I forgot about that.
 
“Well, those two criminals were actually bringing you to me,” Giovanni said, “Using those wires was not part of the plan. I'm very sorry about that.”
 
“Sure you are,” Sonic muttered sarcastically.
 
“What was that?” Giovanni asked, even though he heard what the stubborn blue hedgehog said.
 
“Nothing,” Sonic replied a bit louder than normal voice.
 
“Well, you better be glad we got you free from those three villains. They are so untrustworthy!” the black-haired man commented.
 
“Who?” Sonic wondered, his attention caught by Giovanni's statement.
 
“Misty, Ash and Brock. They are so deceitful; I bet that they didn't even care for you, that's why they didn't go after you when you were rescued by Raphael and Hannah,” Giovanni replied.
 
“They did too care!” Sonic exclaimed, his hands falling to his sides. The blue hedgehog looked back up at the man.
 
“Oh? And why do you say that?” Giovanni wondered.
 
“Because Raphael and Hannah made them get trapped under a net!” Sonic replied.
 
“But they could've gotten out sooner. Instead, they chose to wait until you guys were already on your way to safty,” Giovanni informed.
 
“Sonic, what if he is a good guy?” Amy whispered, tugging on Sonic's arm.
 
“He isn't, and I know it!” Sonic exclaimed.
 
“How do you know that? You have only known me for about 5 minutes,” Giovanni reminded.
 
“Because I have faith in those three friends!” Sonic replied.
 
“Faith? My, faith is something a friend must earn. Not get,” Giovanni commented.
 
“What do you mean?” Amy wondered.
 
“In order to gain faith, a friend must have done a great deed to earn that faith. Getting is different. Getting means that they just got it randomly because of a small thing like telling you a true statement,” Giovanni explained, “I happen to think I deserve the gaining faith.”
 
“I don't think you deserve anything, you creep!” Sonic yelled.
 
“Sonic, we don't know if he's bad or not!” Amy replied.
 
“Do you trust me when I say that there is some strange laboratory behind him?” Sonic whispered to her.
 
Amy slowly looked behind Giovanni to see…exactly what Sonic said, a strange laboratory of some sort.
 
The pink hedgehog didn't say anything, just was very confused. Giovanni seemed like a nice man…but what she couldn't figure out was: were Ash, Misty and Brock friends or foes?
 
“How about this:” Giovanni interrupted Amy from her thoughts, “I talk to you face-to-face in a comfy room in about half-an-hour. Deal?”
 
“Deal,” Sonic muttered with his teeth clenched.
 
The two waited for Amy response. Finally, she nodded and lowered her head, “Deal.”
 
“Great! Then I'll see you later!” Giovanni happily greeted before the screen went blank.
 
A moment of silence swept over the two hedgehogs. Sonic broke the calm aura by saying, “I'm gonna find out the truth…no matter what...”
 
 
Meanwhile, Giovanni was still smiling for a few seconds, before frowning. His tight fist slammed against his armchair.
 
“That was close! TOO close!” Giovanni said.
 
“Sir?” Raphael meekly called while his head peeked out from behind a corner.
 
“Yes?” Giovanni replied with his teeth clenched.
 
“What do we need to do?”
 
Giovanni's smile returned as he made his command, “Get the most comfortable room you can find on this ship. We are going to have a `friendly' conversation tonight…”
 
 
Ash sighed and just stared at his chocolate and vanilla shake that was resting on a picnic table. Misty and Brock sat across from him, worried. Ash had not eaten anything since they lost Sonic and Amy. Even little Pikachu was missing them, but he was even more worried for his master.
 
“Ash, eat something, you are going to starve to death!” Misty informed.
 
Ash didn't reply, he just continued staring at his shake.
 
“Ash, look at me,” Brock commanded.
 
Ash didn't move.
 
“Ash, I said look at me,” Brock tried again.
 
Finally, Ash lifted his head to face Brock.
 
“What?” he asked.
 
“Where is the real Ash?” Brock wondered.
 
Ash seemed confused and raised his eyebrow.
 
“What do you mean?” he wondered.
 
“Where is Ash. The real and artificial Ash,” Brock said.
 
Ash sighed and looked back down at his shake. “I don't know.”
 
“Where is the Ash that always never gives up, the one that goes after his friends when they are in trouble,” Brock continued.
 
“He's not here,” Ash said simply, “He's gone. I've failed.”
 
“No you haven't! No one's failed!” Misty informed.
 
“Yes they have! And that's me!” Ash muttered, his elbows now resting on the picnic table while his head rested among his palms.
 
“Ash,” Brock said quietly.
 
“What?” Ash murmured, getting irritated.
 
“I once heard that failure is only delayed success,” Brock encouraged.
 
That got the black-haired boy's attention, “What's that supposed to mean?”
 
“You didn't fail. You just didn't save them the first time,” Brock continued.
 
Ash's arms fell back down off the table while he continued staring at the shake.
 
“Do you want to save them the second time?” Brock asked.
 
“Will there be a second time?” Ash wondered.
 
“There can be, if you want one,” Brock replied.
 
Ash looked back up, filled with hope, “Well, there is going to be one!”
 
The young trainer was about to stand up when Misty interrupted, “But first!”
“But first what?” Ash asked, turning to the red-head.
 
“The `second time' starts with finishing the shake that we got you that was very expensive!” Misty claimed.
 
Ash laughed and finally sat back down, and started gulping down his shake (with the help of Pikachu.)
 
…………..
 
Okay, I'll stop here for now, so, read this and the next part will be up soon!
 
SEE YA LATER!!!!!!!!