Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ A Swinger's Goodbye ❯ No More Fawning ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Woe to me, I do not own or claim to own Pokémon or any of it's characters. Don't sue *^_^*

THE SWINGER'S END

"How many times has he ever proposed to a girl?" Ash asked, twirling a spare Pokéball on his index finger.

"Beats me. I don't think I want to know," Misty replied, jerking her head so her grown out, red hair flipped out of her face.

Always trying to be fancy, Ash grinned. He had recently accomplished a small moustache, which his girlfriend always managed to find amusing and somehow thought teasing him about it day in and day out was the greatest pleasure she had ever discovered. He put his arm around her and they walked quietly down the streets of Saffron, a quiet Pikachu following.

The small Pokémon had felt a little out of sorts when his trainer and his friend had gotten together, and now he was often forgotten. It knew the two teenagers were almost adults and soon Ash wouldn't be needing his trusty little sidekick anymore, but Pikachu figured it would spend as much time with its trainer as it could.

They were on a quiet vacation when they had heard the news. The bride-to-be was not something any of them had expected, but they all knew she was the special girl.

------------------------------------------------------

It had only been a year before when Brock had finally taken his leave of Ash, Misty, and Professor Oak. He had rounded out on his eighteenth birthday, and decided to leave behind his Pokémon travels to become the breeder he had always wanted to be. The first priority on his list was open up a Center for his practice.

He had sufficient funding, as he had earned a small living off healing Pokémon at Professor Oak's laboratory during his internship there. Brock's first mission was to get a license, which was easily handled as a favor by one of his many Officer Jenny acquaintances. All his friends were amazed that he still fell head-over-heels for the common police officers, but bad habits die hard. The Center, "Brock's Pokémon Healthcare", was an instant success. His services were requested by Pokémon centers and exhibitions all over the world, and his line of Pokémon feeds were the best there was. Brock had soon opened a large office in the middle of Celadon City, and his own Pokémon assisted him in discovering new massage methods and ways of conducting safe MRIs.

Then there was Rose. Brock never felt it proper to conduct the interviews required to hire new associates, because he always went cuckoo for every girl who walked in. He was doing a routine check-up on one of his patients when his assitant came in.

"Sir, the nurse you requested is here. Her name is Rose," the shy, lanky secretary said, stepping aside. She entered through the doorway as Brock raised his gaze. He blinked a few times, then went back to what he was doing.

"Can you hand me that tongue depressor?" Brock asked, motioning to somewhere on the desk. No double takes, no floating hearts, no big, googly eyes... He didn't notice it until his assitant, Adam, approached him on the lunch break.

"H-h-how do you like the new nurse?" He said, fumbling with his words.

"She does her job well," Brock replied, carefully picking apart his sandwich before devouring it.

"But she's very pretty, isn't she?" The nosey assistant pried.

"I suppose," the doctor replied, obviously speaking without necessary thought. Adam's eyes went wide, and he pinched himself.

"Are you... sure?"

"What are you getting at?!" Brock demanded, raising an eyebrow. The assistant jerked back, then he peered at his boss sideways. Shrugging, Adam left the matter alone.

They had worked together for about two months when Ash and Misty had come to visit. Brock tended to keep his closer employees male, so he didn't go bonkers whenever one of his associates entered the room. When the two caught sight of Brock working so closely with a pretty girl and not flying after her with hearts around his head, Misty automatically took it upon herself to investigate.

"Don't you find it just a little strange that the biggest babe fawner in the world doesn't go ga-ga over a girl like Rose?" She asked Ash one night as they ate a quiet dinner in downtown Celadon.

"Pik-Pikachu!" The Pokémon agreed. Togetic had refused to come along, for it had been caught up teaching one of it's Pidgey students how to fly.

"I suppose. Maybe we should give him a break; he isn't the same kid we traveled with all those years ago," Ash pointed out. "Perhaps he's finally growing up." Misty nodded and leaned on her elbow, pondering.

Rose entered the small restaurant, her dark red hair in a small bun on her head, pulling her blue sunglasses up and onto her forehead. She smiled and sat down, telling the approaching waiter that she had someone joining her soon. Ash raised an eyebrow and Misty shrugged, turning back to the drink they were sharing with two straws. The restaurant door clinked open and Brock stepped in, still wearing his labcoat and searching the room until he spotted Rose.

Ash and Misty watched in amazement as he sat down at the table, and the two began talking. They were totally civilized, and Misty didn't see a single sweatdrop or google-eyed glance.

Brock had figured out Rose liked him a few months after they had started working together. She was pretty, he had to admit, but he didn't notice the lightheaded feeling he got around pretty girls or the urge he usually got to stare at them. She had a bright personality, but managed to take things into her own hands when Brock couldn't handle them. Rose could pull on his ear when Misty couldn't, but when he was around her, he couldn't see any other girls anyway. Misty and Ash were watching when he got down on one knee and offered her a shining silver ring.

------------------------------------------------------

Today was the big day. All the friends from Pallet Town, Pewter City, and people they had met around the world came to the wedding. The Officer Jennies all huddled in a circle, discussing their latest arrests, while Nurse Joys laughed and giggled about this or that Pokémon. A ninja student with a bright pink gi, Casey and her Meganium, Whitney, Tracy, the master of the House of Imite, and even old Lapras (who had managed to find Ash and now visited him often) were just a few of the guests. Brock's father and every one of his siblings showed up, taking up their own entire section of the outdoor wedding chapel. Even in the large group of beautiful women, Brock remained with his eyes glued to his future bride.

The wedding commenced, and Rose's tall, gray-haired father led her down the aisle. Brock waited at the altar, where a well-groomed Vulpix and a large, upside-down Corbat sat. He looked completely calm, his pointy hair slicked down, his face set in a strange grin.

The bride approached, dressed in a very modest, white gown. Ash and Misty watched, mystified, as the ceremony progressed. Their friend, the biggest babe-hunter in the world, was... getting married?!

~Majin Nina~ (a.k.a. ErieDragon)

Look at my other fanfics! ^_^

PLEASE R&R so I know if you like these and want more Pokemon fics!