Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Kingdom ❯ Chap.1 ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Dark Kingdom

A group of weary travelers approach a one towered structure. They stare up at the tower. The shortest one steps forth. The small one, a girl in man's clothing, stepped up to the door and knock upon it. A small old man leaned out.
"Is this the home of----,"
"Yes this is the home of Young Master William Erickson," said the man.
"May we-"
"No, you may not see him, he sees no one."
"But we've----,"
"You've come a long way though, I know I know, they all have. Now good evening!" said the little man and he began to shut the door but a voice called from a window high up in the tower.
"Hodge, let them in, I'll see them," came a faint British accent.
The old man, Hodge, sighed and reopened the door.
"Master William will see you," he said with slight sarcasm.
The band of travelers followed Hodge up the tower stairs into a dark room.
"Here you are," said Hodge and left the room grumbling something.
The voice the group had heard earlier now had a body and face to go with it. A young adult, to old to be a child, to young to be an adult came out of the shadows. He smiled and motioned for them to sit down. The did as they were told.
The smallest one began.
"We're here because----,"
"Shhh, I know, you've come for guidance," smiled William.
The small one shook her head.
"No."
"Wisdom?" he asked.
"No."
"Really?" he asked.
"We've come to ask for your help," said an older man in the back.
"Help with what?" asked William.
"Master William Erickson, son of William and grandson to Excaliman, and great grandson to the great Merlin," she began.
"Call me Bill," he smiled.
"Alright, Bill, our kingdom, the Kingdom of Dorsmark is in peril," she said.
"What's going on?" he asked.
"Our King, King Elesmen is killing the innocent. He's murdered thousands of forest creatures and mythical beings. He's burned our livestock, and has a lottery every year for a girl to serve as his concubine. Every virgin is forced to be in it," said the girl.
"Our daughters be come dishonored and unclean, we'd fight him but we can't do it alone. His army is strong," said a man in the back.
"Yes, Vlade is right. We can not do it alone. So we have searched the land and sea for those that would do best in helping us, you see," she motioned behind her, "We have the mystical warriors from the far reaches of the world, all five of them, Ryo of wildfire and the soul of virtue, Rowen of the strata with the soul of life, Cye of Torrent and soul of Trust, Sage of Halo, guardian of wisdom, and lastly Kento of Hardrock with the soul Justice," she said then turned back, "We have the people in our town, the best of which you see before you, Tori, Julian, Vlade, my father Jebidiah, myself, and Stephanie the last dragon charmer alive and a great sorceress," said the girl.
"I'm working at it," said Stephanie.
"Then these people we met on the trail on our way here, Ash, Brock, and Sparky," she said, "But it's not enough to be just a strong force, we need your mind, your grandfather saved Camelot, you must save Dorsmark," said the girl.
"Young boy, I will help you," said Bill, "Allow me to go up to my room and gather what I will need, then I shall return to you," smiled Bill then left the room.
When he reached his room he closed the door and leaned against it.
"I can't save them, I can barely keep myself from passing out when I cut myself, how can I win a war?" he asked himself, "Oh this is horrible, I just can't do this," he whined.
He sat down and looked around him.
"No I must do this. I have to," he said, grabbed his stuff then returned to his guest.
Hodge watched them exit the tower.
"Master William, allow me to go with you," he shouted.
Bill turned around.
"Come on then Hodge!" he smiled.
They headed into the woods to walk the 100 leagues back to Dorsmark. As they came into a glen they saw faeries dancing. They watched them cast their spells on the old trees and bless the flowers. As they watched in amazement they heard a blast, it began to draw closer and voices began to be audible.
"Heero you can't run forever!" cried a female voice.
"Oh yes I can!" shouted a silky male voice.
As they came closer the male ball of light hit the female one and the female one went away crying. The male ball of light turned into a guy that looked somewhere between an elf and a faerie.
"Damn faeries, always want what they can't have," he said as he leaned against a tree. 4 more balls of light appeared from a the tree and they too turned into boys with the same type of appearance, only one seemed to be much more pleasant than the others.
"She still chasing you?" laughed one with a 3 foot braid, Duo.
"Ofcourse," said the first one, Heero.
"Faeries are a pain," said the other brown haired one, Trowa.
"Ofcourse they are, they're women!" shouted the Chinese one, Wu-fei.
"What's wrong with girls!" shouted the short girl.
Heero looked up from the ground.
"Oh god, another feministic defender," he mumbled, "Don't you women have a life!" he shouted at her.
"Woman?" shouted Sage, "Now see here how dare you insult this-"
"Woman," said Heero, finishing Sage's sentence.
"You mind your tongue," said Jebidiah.
"What's so bad with him calling a woman, a woman?" asked Duo.
"He's not a girl, he's a---,"
"No, he's right I am a girl," said the short girl as she removed her hat to reveal her long hair spun up in a tight, flat bun on top of her head, "I've always been a girl," she said.
"But Master Jessup," began Sage.
"No, Mistress Jessica," she said.
"Why?" asked Rowen.
"Because men are not put into the lottery to be raped as pleasure for the king," she said.
"A king rapes his subjects now?" asked Duo.
"King Elesmen no doubt," said Trowa.
"How did you know?" asked Bill.
"He's only killed ½ of our entire population," said Heero.
"This you must be mad at him and want to stop him right?" asked Jessica.
"Course we do," said Quatre.
"Wonderful! Then you can help us!" said Vlade.
"Whoa, whoa wait, us help you do what?" asked Heero.
The group gave a proud stand.
"Help us destroy the king," said Stephanie.
Heero started laughing.
"Let me get this straight," laughed Duo, "You want us to help you take on king Elesmen's army?" he asked.
"And why not?" asked Jessica. "Faeires are supposed to do good things for mortals," she said.
"That's the thing sweetheart, we're not faeries, we don't do nice things. We're sprites, and means ones too," said Heero.
"You're a coward," said Jessica.
"Me?" asked Heero.
"Yes you, you and the rest of them, you won't help us because you're afraid of being killed."
"Listen you little mortal ---"
"Mortal what?" said Jessica sternly.
"He's getting told by not only a girl, a mortal one too," whispered Wu-fei.
"A good looking one at that too," whispered Duo.
Heero turned around and crossed his arms.
"Fine, we'll help you, but just because we want to, not for any other reason," said Heero as he crossed his arms.
"Good, then let's hurry back to Dorsmark," said Jessica.