Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Kingdom ❯ Chap.2 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
As the group arrived at the small village of Dorsmark, Jessica pulled back on her hood over her hair and led the group. As they came into the town they were greeted by everyone of the peasant farmers.
"You have come to save us," said one.
"You are true heroes already," said another.
"Now my granddaughters may live in peace," said an old woman.
"What are these people?" asked Heero.
"They're your personal fan club, they'll be doing everything to make sure you're all comfortable, you are our honored guest, and tonight, we throw a party," said Jessica.
"A party, whoopee!!" shouted Duo.
Suddenly the neigh of a horse thundered like lightning and everyone turned around for fear it was a member of the King's court.
"Van! You scared us you punk!" said Jebidiah.
"I'm sorry Jebidiah," smiled Van. "Anyway, I've got calvary coming to help us," he said.
"Really? Who?" asked Jessica.
"Dilandau, and his whole army!" shouted Van.
"Really?! No way!" shouted Jessica.
"Yep!" smiled Van.
"Wonderful!" said Jebidiah.
"They'll be here tonight," said Van.
"Well, then let's get the party started!" said Vlade.
For the remainder of the afternoon the peasantry hustled around the kingdom trying not to be suspicious and gathered what they could for the honor party. By sundown they had finished.
"The sun has set! Prepare to honor your saviors!" shouted Jebidiah.
Heero blushed a bit.
"I've never been HONORED before," he thought aloud.
"Well, there's a first time for everything," said Jessica.
"Yeah, well I think it's about time you started wearing girl's clothes, you'd be doing yourself a favor, besides you make a lousy guy," said Heero as he sipped his bubbly.
"I do not!"
"Do so, you're too damn pretty to be a guy, guys are nasty ugly smelly creatures, and you're none of the above," said Heero.
Jessica blushed a little and stood up and walked to her home. When she came out she was dressed in a lovely dress and her hair was let of her bun and tumbled below her waist.
"That's what I thought," smirked Heero to himself and drank some more of his bubbly, but not before adding some hard liquor to it.
Then Dilandau and his army showed up. Van slowly made his way up to him.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the last member of our rebel army, Dilandau and his warriors," said Van.
"Just remember I'm not here to help you, I'm here for two reasons," began Dilandau, "Reason one, I'm the only one allowed to be a ruthless, evil leader, besides, even I find rape disgusting, and reason number two," Dilandau ran over to Stephanie and Jessica and kissed their hands, "The girls love a hero," smirked Dilandau.
Van rolled his eyes and went over to his chair and took a sip of his drink.
"You liked it better when everyone thought she was just a weak man, and now everyone knows she is a weak woman and it upsets you," said Wu-fei matter of factly as he sat next to Van.
"Yeah," said Van not even thinking.
"Well listen to me, women are weak and they are trouble, they always get men to do stupid things," said Wu-fei.
"Hey Jessica, let me be your knight!" shouted Duo.
"No I am!" glared Ash.
"You wish you little country bumpkin!" shouted Duo.
"Oh yeah?"
"Oh yeah!"
"Then let's fight over her!"
Jessica just rolled her eyes and went to sit down in a chair.
"My point," said Wu-fei.
Van shrugged and looked over at Bill who was glaring at Dilandau as Dilandau sat next to Stephanie chatting away.
"I like fire. Do you like fire? I like fire. It's do dangerous and has so many purposes, burning a town, burning an enemy, burning an incompetent dragon slayer, frying eggs, frying Van when I get a hold of him. See this scar? It's from his sword, he just attacked me for no reason," lied Dilandau as he pouted.
Stephanie just widened her eyes and nodded.
"That's….awful," she said.
Dilandau nodded.
"Van is a very awful person," he said and glared at Van.
"It's the unicorn again!!" shouted Vlade and went to get his bow.
"No! I called him here, besides, to be correct it's a Pegasus," said Jessica, "Come over here Helious," she said.
The Pegasus walked over and turned into it's true form, a boy, about 15, but he had a golden horn on his head.
Heero laughed to himself.
"I outta call him Horny," he laughed inside his head.
"Everyone this is Helious, he's here to help us," said Jessica.
"So are we," said a loud odd voice from the shadows and the voice stood up with 3 other warriors behind him and they steeped into the light. "I am Anubis, Master of Cruelty," he said, "And these are my fellow warlords, at your service," bowed Anubis.
"I am Sehkemet, Warlord of Venom."
"I am Dais, Warlord of Illusion."
"And I am Cale, Warlord of Corruption."
"Well, uh, glad to have you," said Jessica.
"What do you think you are doing here! You're the bad guys!" shouted Kento.
"No, we're YOUR mortal enemies. Doesn't mean we can't help them," said Sehkemet.
"Yeah whatever," said Kento.
Then a trio of fumbling bandits happened upon the town and volunteered themselves, mainly so they could get a hold of some much needed food, they were Jessie, James, and Meowth.
Then lastly a group of outlaws showed up. Their names were Gene Starwind, Jim Hawkings, Aisha KlanKlan, Sazuka, and Melfina, following close behind them were the outlaw pirates known as Harry and Ron McDoogal.
"Well, I believe this is our entire war party," said Jebidiah.
"Not like we didn't need the extra people," said Vlade.
Suddenly it got very, very quiet as the clogging of a horse's hooves walked into the village.
"It's Captain Hinoshave," murmured Allen, a renegade knight that was a friend of Van's.
"Is this bad?" asked Folken, Dilandau's right hand and Van's disowned brother.
"We'll see," said Vlade.
Captain Hinoshave rode through the crowd and many bowed to him. He over looked the entire situation.
"It seems we are celebrating, but for what?" he asked.
"A fine har-" began Vlade.
"What do you care? You don't even have jurisdiction here," said Jessica.
"And who on earth is this hot tongued little lady," said the Captain and marched his horse over to her.
"Why I must say, either Master Jessup has a fetish for cross dressing and knows a fine doctor or, Jebidiah and his daughter have been lying to the kingdom for 14 years," he said and yanked her up by her hair. "Listen little girl I know why you hid, and you can continue to hide, the king will never know, but you'll have to be my bride," said the Captain.
"Never," said Jessica.
"You little brat," said the captain as he raised his hand to hit her.
Jessica spit in his face and kicked his horse and hard as she could. The horse reared back and she hit the ground and the horse sped off taking the Captain where ever it saw fit.
"Damn it," she mumbled.
"What a disgusting creep," said Bill.
"Pervert," said Sparky.
Jessica got up and dusted herself off.
"Please continue with the party," she smiled
The villagers did as they were told and began to mingle again. Jessica slipped away down the open path. Van slowly followed. Jessica knelt by the pool of water and starred into it. Suddenly a hand drew out of the water and voice began to speak.
"Come away oh human child, to the waters and the wild, with a fairy hand in hand. For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand," said the sweet voice.
"Are you HER? Are you the lady of the lake?" asked Jessica quietly.
"I am what you believe I am. I have come to warn you, this is all I can say, " and the voice and hand were gone.
Jessica sat quietly and then she heard Van gasp from behind her and she spun around surprised.
"Van what are you doing?" she asked.
"I'm sorry, I just followed you," he said.
"Oh," said Jessica.
A Genie, Ruby, looked at the two and rolled her eyes.
"Yuck," she said, "Stupid Lady of The Lake, Queen Mab will not be happy when she finds out. Oh well, what do I care, I'm outta here, Joe! Come on!" said Ruby and snuck off into the shadows.
Queen Mab growled in her castle.
"It's Merlin's grandson is it not?" she asked on of her gremlins.
"Yes Queen Mab, it is he," he shook his head yes.
"And his sister is she there? Has she betrayed us?" asked the Queen.
"Oh she is there, and in a most weak state, no your highness she is not against you, yet," said the Gremlin.
"What do you mean yet?" asked Mab.
"It seems your sister is against you and wishes you to fail. She too has put her power into a single being to go against you," said the Gremlin.
Mab growled.
"We must find Excalibur, the sword is her undoing, I must find her child and destroy it!" yelled Queen Mab.
Van and Jessica returned to the party and Gaddis bumped elbows with Van.
"Ahha, I get it, snuck away to have a little fun huh?" he smiled.
"The real question is whether he loved her more as a girl or as a guy!" laughed Teo.
Van blushed and Jessica ignored them and went to sit by the fire. She put a stick in it and starred at it. She saw Dilandau looking at her through the flames. She sighed and walked inside her house. She was so cold. Then came the sound. The sound that rumbled like thunder, horses. Jessica ran out and cupped her hand to her mouth.
"Everyone! Inside! Hide who you can our new army must not be found!" she yelled.
Arrows shot through the village.
"NOW!" yelled Dilandau, "Don't just stand there do as you are told!" he yelled.
Gatti and the other dragon slayers ran into the clearing. Dilandau followed. Folken was nowhere to be found.
"Stupid Stratagos," thought Dilandau.
Jessica was the last to run into her house. She leaned against the door and quivered.
The horses and their riders were in the village now.
"Bill, do something," said Stephanie as they huddled together.
"I, I don't know what to do," he sighed. The busting of a door was now heard. Screams echoed, then a loud voice.
"Come out now or I kill the girl!" boomed the voice.
Van looked outside his window. Jessica dangled by her hair with a sword at her throat.
"I have no remorse for killing helpless girls!" boomed the voice again.
"Balgus!" yelled Van and stood up, "Balgus, what are you doing?" asked Van.
"Do not speak to me as if you were royalty, bring the others out or she dies!" boomed Balgus.
Van fell to his knees. Slowly the entire army came out, except Bill, he stayed there huddled against the door.
"So this is the army? Sorry fools, you don't stand a chance," said Balgus and hurled Jessica into the side of the nearest house.
Dilandau crossed his arms.
"How dare you do that," he said. Balgus glared at him, "How dare you throw a young lady into a wall simply because you are afraid of her," said Dilandau.
Balgus drew his sword.
"I am afraid of no one."
"Then you won't mind fighting my men. Gatti, Shesta, Dallet, destroy this obscene ogre."
Gatti, Shesta and Dallet emerged from the forest in their Alseides units, they prepared their cremmer claws. Van ran infront of Balgus.
"No!" he yelled.
"What are you doing!" yelled Dilandau.
"You musent kill him," said Van.
Balgus took this opportunity to kick Van in the back and he and his men rode off setting fire to homes as they rode.
Dilandau glared at Van.
"Traitor!" he yelled.
Bill finally came out and looked at the destruction of the village. He went through his bag of spells and took out a scroll. He read it aloud and threw up his hands. Ran began to poor, the fires were put out. Then he fainted. Drained of power.
Stephanie went over to him and she and Julian took Bill inside. Heero flew over to Jessica and helped her up. He shot Van a death glare and walked on. Van was left alone in the ran, shunned by the villagers he grew up with, shunned even by his best friend.
Van was put into exile inside his house. He sat alone in there thinking about what he had done. He felt like he'd been right last night. But now…he wasn't sure.
Queen Mab looked on inside her crystal ball. She growled loudly and threw it.
"I don't have the faintest idea how to do this, how and I going to do this!" she cried.
Her gremlins coward behind her.
"Mistress, can we help?" they asked.
"NO!" she yelled.
She sighed and slammed into the wall busting it.
"This can't be that hard, what is the missing element," she ranted and raved, suddenly, it struck her. She brought forth another crystal and looked at it.
"Hmm, Bill is Merlin's grandson, and little, sweet, harmless Jessica is my "daughter" hmmm, odd family line, it's be much simpler to tell little Bill that Jessica, was say….his sister. Yes! His sister! Then when I have her completely under my power he will not harm her, for it is not in his bloodline to hurt family, Merlin dispised that! YES! HAHA! I've got it!!" she smiled and spun around, her dress waving around her.
"Today he declare our independence! We will no longer have power over us by a false unjust king!"
"YEAH!"
"No longer will we be slaves of our own country!"
"NO MORE!"
"Our daughters will not be whores for a king's petty fancy! Women will not live in fear! We will win the battle and with it! OUR FREEDOM!" yelled Jessica to the uproarious crowd. The crowd cheered and roared with laughter and happiness. Bill looked rather glum and saddened. Stephanie patted his back.
"You ok?" she asked.
Bill nodded slightly.
"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit tired," he sighed.
"Well, hopefully they won't need magic to win this, I think they may do this themselves," she smiled.
"This WILL take more than one measly battle you know? It will take many battles because," he said as he looked towards the running peasants, "This will be a warfare, maddening, tiring warfare," he said in a distant tone.
Stephanie followed his gaze.
"Come on, we should set up where we can see the battlefield clearly, so we can see when they need us and where," she said.
Bill nodded.
"Yes ofcourse."
Queen Mab stood beside King Elesmen and looked out the castle window.
"So? What are you going to do? Just let them attack your precious kingdom?" she asked as she circled him.
"No, I'm going to kill them all, for treason," he said.
"Oh I see. Well, I have a …a proposition for you. What if….I told you that you could keep all your precious women, gain a few allies for the price of a few moments with two individuals," she smiled.
The king looked at her.
"And how would I do that?" he asked.
"Simple, if you follow my instructions. Send only a few of your men, you don't even need to send knights, send stable boys posed as knights, take the battle far away, let the stable boys die, they peasants will think they have won, they will set up camp, undisturbed by your men. Then I will do my part, and soon after you will have no more problem from them," she smiled.
The King shook his head.
"I'm not sure Mab, I don't really believe in your magic or your kind that much anymore," he said.
"Trust me, you will be undisturbed and rule forever if you let me do this. Why waste your knights when I can handle this?" she said raising her voice and becoming agitated.
The king sighed and sulked.
"Very well, Mab, do your magic."