Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Full Digital Reality ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I don't own anything that wasn't thought-up by me. WHOO HOO! A MULTI-UPDATE DAY!

Chapter 3- Wait, The Prize Is WHAT?

”…283, 103, AND 74! I REPEAT: 283, 103, AND 74! COME AND CLAIM YOUR PRIZES!”

Diane halfheartedly turned her box to read the serial code. She never won anything, but it was worth a shot.

Serial Number: 000 283

Diane blinked, rereading the number over just to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

Serial Number: 000 283

”Oh… my… god… I… WON!”

She cheered, making her way towards the platform through the crowd. Around the other side was a little stairway and she went up it. There was already another winner standing there, a blond haired boy with bangs shaped into the letter `M' stood next to the announcer, absently petting the Pikachu on the rail next to him. Another boy, this one a definite goth, dressed in black with black and white spiked hair, was making his way through the crowd. When he finally climbed up onto the platform the performer did an exaggerated cheer.

”AND WE HAVE OUR WINNERS! WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES!?”

”Aaron Demanil.” The blond-haired boy sounded self-assured, as if he was used to being the center of attention.

”Eric Fisher.” The goth was somewhat quieter, seeming to want to be able to shrink back down into the crowd, out of the spotlight.

”Er… Diane Michaels.”

Diane agreed with Eric, it was somewhat unpleasant in the limelight.

”WELL CONGRADULATIONS AARON, ERIC, AND DIANE! YOU WIN VERY SPECIAL STARTER-POKEMON! You”LL RECEIVE YOUR REWARD IN A MOMENT!” The man turned back towards the crowd. “YOU'LL NOTICE COMPUTERS ALONG THE WALLS! IF YOU PLACE THE POKEBALLS YOU RECEIVED TODAY YOU CAN SELECT YOUR STARTER POKEMON FROM ANY OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES!”

The crowd, which had had a sort of collective disappointed mood, quickly turned to excitement as they filed towards the Starter Machines. The man turned back to the trio with him.

”Please, follow me.”

He turned to climb off the platform, the Pikachu hopping onto his shoulder, and the winners exchanged glances and followed.

Where he lead them was a small room on the Pokemon Center's second floor, where there had once been game demos. Now there was a large, impressively lit room that looked as if it had been modeled after the Hall of Champions from the Ruby and Sapphire games.

”If you plug your Pokeballs into the computer, you will each receive Pokemon created just for this event. They will be random, so you will have no choice in what you get.”

There were three slots in the machine, so Aaron, Eric, and Diane each stepped forward. Diane carefully opened the box she had received and removed the Pokeball from the plastic. It was exactly like the ones on the show, not quite as fake and plastic-y as the toys they had released over the years, and there was a small port of the bottom. She plugged this into the machine and, as Eric and Aaron also plugged in their Pokeballs, the screen glowed bright.

On the screen the black silhouettes of 3 Pokemon appeared, beginning to fade into color. The one on the far right, in front of Aaron, was a small, pinkish kitten, little more then a ball of fluff with a tail. On its forehead was a blue gem, but otherwise it seemed to be a baby form of

Mew.

The next Pokemon, in front of Eric, was a little yellow cub, with small, blunt fangs, huge blue eyes, and oversized feet. It also had a short, spiked mane that rand down the front-half of its back.

A miniature Raikou.

Diane turned to her own section of screen. The monster that appeared was a small, green, serpentine dragon. It was a tiny version of Rayquaza, except for larger, more innocent eyes. It also had hind-legs and a shorter body, making it somewhat ferret-like, and the fins down its body were less pronounced then the legendary's.

Mee, Raku, and Raikaza.

”The Pokemon you have received are pre-evolutions of Mew, Raikou, and Rayquaza. Like all traditional starter Pokemon they will go through three stages before becoming a final form.”

Aaron unplugged his Pokeball, looked it over, and tossed it to the ground. The Mee popped out, floating into the air to twirl around its Trainer's head. Eric skipped the looking over before releasing his Raku. The little lightening-cub lay down at his feet, looking up at its owner with large, curious eyes.

Diane was a little hesitant to see her Raikaza. She unplugged the `Ball and, in a style used often in the show, pointed the opening at the ground in front of her. In a burst of light the Raikaza appeared, looking up at her. While the other two pre-legendaries where between 8 to 18 inches in length, not counting Mee's long tail, but her Raikaza was somewhat longer, about 2 feet long. The little dragon hopped up onto Diane's shoulder, curling across the back of her neck.

”I think I'll call you Ryu.”

The dragon chirruped and the lights went out.