Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Full Digital Reality ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I own all original concepts, characters, and plots. I also own the ELEMENTAL Inc Company and AIRSOLIDIFICATIONâ„¢. And all concepts linked to those (except for those owned already by Nintendo and Game Freak). Just double-checking this, because my previous fic had copyright-infringement issues. It's not that I mind when people borrow my ideas (The ultimate complement for an author, think about it), it's just that I HATE when people STEAL my ideas (as in, near identical stories down to character personality traits) and then YELL AT ME for copying THEM.

Answering Questions: Yeah, Eric, Aaron, and Diane are mine. And the contest isn't over. The legendaries don't follow the traditional element-pattern of starters because the Legendary Contest is supposed to be taking place world wide, with a single `copy' of each legendary being given out. They are also randomly distributed. This story was just published this May, and I know DS has already been released. In the fic, DS Advanced has also been released, though I doubt the system will ever exist. But it WOULD be neat

Yay! I've avoided making a Mary-Sue! (dances)

Chapter 4- Capture Disk

-About a Half-Hour Later-

”The only downside to this game is the supplies.”

Diane muttered to herself as she looked at all the merchandise for the game. You had to actually purchase things like Pokeballs ($2), Potions ($5.00, upgradeable online) and a Pokedex ($10, you could choose from each of the different styles from the Anime. Diane chose an Advanced Generation style Pokedex.). Also available were the other sorts of Pokeball (Greatballs were $3, Ultraballs were $6, and other custom `balls, like the Netballs and Premierballs were $4.), Evolution Stones ($8 a piece.) and other items for the game. Diane had grabbed a handful of Pokeballs and Ultraballs, a few Stones, and 3 Potions and had made her way to the checkout counter. The teenager behind the desk laughed.

”Wow, that's it?”

”That's it!”

”Alright, that comes to $75, plus tax.”

Diane handed over the money, glad she had saved her money for this occasion. When the cashier handed over the plastic bag full of merchandize, Diane carefully placed the box that held the hat and disk-thing inside. She'd read over the instructions at home.

”Alright, you wanna battle?” She asked Ryu. The little dragon reacted cheerfully.

”Rai rai-kaz!”

On the Center's first floor, several Battle Fields had been set up. All were occupied. Diane walked over to watch the battle closest to her. A brown-haired teenage boy about her age was facing off a younger boy, about 10 years old. The teenager's Pokemon was a Charmander, versus the youngster's Cyndaquile, though it was obvious who the stronger player was.

”Alright Spike use Ember!”

”Counter it with Growl, Hero!”

The Cyndaquile blew a blast of flame at its larger opponent, who growled uselessly, was caught in the flames, and collapsed. The teenager ran over to his fallen partner.

”No! Hero! Are you alright?”

The Charmander shook its head, dazed, and looked up at its trainer.

”Chaaar…”

Diane wasn't paying attention to the aftermath of the battle, she and Ryu's attention was on Aaron. The teen was standing in the corner, his Mee's Pokeball plugged into a strange handheld devise similar to a laptop with a stenciled black Pokeball bearing the Team Rocket R on the cover. He was grinning mischievously. Diane's curiosity was diverted when the lights once again dim, a spotlight shining on the middle of the Center. The crowd cleared away as the outline of a large rectangle flashed a few times, the floor there opening up. What was revealed was another stage, this one somewhat larger. In the middle stood the man dressed as Ash, the Pikachu on his shoulder. In his hand was one of the disk-things.

”HEY! ARE YOU ALL HAVING FUN!?”

The crowd cheered.

”GOOD! I BET YOU'RE WONDERING WHAT THIS IS!”

He waved the disk.

”THIS IS CALLED A CAPTURE DISK! IF YOU TURN IT ON AND PLACE IT ON THE GROUND A RANDOM AREA WILL SHOW UP!”

He demonstrated this and the disk glowed. The first floor of the Pokemon Center was turned into grassland, the stage becoming a flat-topped hill. The crowd gasped, looking around. The grass felt very real.

”IF YOU WALK AROUND IN THE AREA CREATED BY THE DISK, WILD POKEMON WILL SHOW UP!”

The man walked around in a circle and a wild Rattata appeared from the grass. Like the starter Pokemon it was very real.

”Rrrrrrrata!”

”LIKE IN THE PREVIOUS GAMES, YOU CAN BATTLE THE POKEMON TO TRY TO CAPTURE THEM, OR DEFEAT THEM TO LEVEL UP YOUR OWN POKEMON!”

The man made a gesture and the Pikachu leapt up his should, thunderbolting the Rattata. The purple rat winced at the attack and stumbled. The man pulled a Pokeball from his belt and tossed it at the Rattata. `Ball closed tight, rocking a few limes before chiming. The Rattata was captured.

”ONCE YOU CAPTURE A POKEMON YOU CAN PLUG ITS POKEBALL INTO THE CAPTURE DISK! ONCE YOU CAPTURE MORE THAN SIX POKEMON THE DISK WILL LOCK THE EXTRAS! YOU CAN USE THE DISK AS A PC BOX, OR PURCHAISE A POKEMON CRATE TO STORE YOUR EXTRA POKEMON! YOU CAN ALSO-“

The man continued on for a few minutes, Diane only paying half attention. She couldn't wait to get home and start playing!