Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Full Digital Reality ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5- First Battle: Raikaza vs. Poochyena

-Later, Next Mourning.-

Diane yawned, sitting up in bed. On the pillow next to hers Ryu stirred, stretching and yawning like a cat. The little dragon finally sat, blinking up at her.

”Mournin!”

”Rai!”

C hanging quickly into a pair of worn blue-jeans and a `I have MAJOR Issues, You've Been Warned' t-shirt, Diane took out the Pokemon: Beginnings box and started digging through it for the instruction manual.

”Lets see. Starting Out.”

The page featured a diagram on how to start the game, how to register as a trainer, etc. After carefully going over the instructions, Diane took out the Capture Disk. The little disk was roughly 5 inches around, colored a light silver. Buttons surrounded a little screen at the top of the disk and around the sides where little projectors. On the bottom was a port for some sort of cable. Diane tapped one of the buttons and the screen lit up.

-Do you wish to start a new game?-
-y/n-

Diane selected y, for yes.

-What is your name?-

Diane typed in her name carefully and pressed `select'.

-Select Area-
-Area 1: Forest-
-Area 2: Meadow-
-Area 3: Pond-

The Pond area was paler than the rest, which Diane soon discovered meant that it was unavailable. Ryu came over and curled up at her feet, looking the disk over quizzically. Diane laughed at the little dragon, picking up her Pokedex and sticking a few `balls in her pocket.

”Lets see, what attacks do you have?”

She pointed the Pokedex at the little dragon and the devise beeped.

-Raikaza: The Mini Sky-High Pokemon-
-This tiny Pokemon hatched from an egg laid on the top of the Sky Pillar. Though it is unable to fly, this Pokemon uses its agility to confuse enemies.-
-Attacks: Scary Face, Tackle-
-Your Raikaza is level 5-

Diane grinned, putting the Pokedex into her back pocket.

”Now lets catch some Pokemon!”

She hit selected Area: 2 on the Capture Disk and the little devise glowed, the room around her becoming a grassy meadow. One clump of grass shook, as if something were behind it.

”Okay Ryu, tackle that patch of grass!”

The little dragon charged at the lump and dove, disappearing into the grass. A few moments later it reappeared, this time chasing a Poochyena. The dog Pokemon nearly ran head-long into Diane, but it noticed her in time and skidded to a stop.

”Yena!?”

”Alright! Tackle the Poochyena!”

”Ryyyy!”

The dragon dove at the Poochyena, but the little dog had other things in mind. It turned on the Raikaza and bared its teeth. When Ryu got within striking distance the `yena leapt at it, biting the dragon about where its shoulders would have been. The little green dragon yelped and squirmed, wrapping its body around its attacker. The sudden pressure startled the Poochyena and it let go. Ryu unwound itself and took a few steps backwards.

”Now use Scary Face!”

Ryu snarled at its opponent, fangs bared. The `yena stumbled back.

”Alright! Now I'll try to capture you!”

Diane took a Pokeball from her pocket and tossed it at the Poochyena. In a flash of red light the Pokemon was sucked into the `ball. The red and white orb bounced a few times, shaking violently as Diane held her breath. When the `ball suddenly stopped and chimed, Diane cheered.

”Yes! I've caught my first Pokemon!”

Ryu smiled up at its trainer.