Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Going Into the Darkness ❯ Silver, Green, Brown ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Going Into the Darkness
 
Chapter One
 
The sun rose on the frozen body of the female trainer. The vulpix was lying there sleeping, shivering under its trainers arm. The vulpix's beauty could be seen through the trees of forest with the bright golden sun behind it. A bright red coat had kept the vulpix from dying of freezing temperatures. It had dark black eyes, that complemented the vulpix's coat and it's tails. Each of its six tails had been combed to perfection; this must have been a show vulpix, not usually used for battle. The trainer had black hair with blue highlights. She had brown eyes and fairly tan skin. What she was doing in the Viridian forest at night was still unknown.
 
As the sun rises the forest patrol gets ready for its morning routine, searching the forest, for anything unusual. They knew that the forest was dangerous at night but did not stop trainers from going there. If they had this trainer still might have been alive. One of the forest patrol rangers had a black beret on with the normal ranger uniform, black button down shirt and pants, shouted something out. The others rushed to him. When they got to him they all saw the same horrific picture.
 
It was the girl.
 
“She couldn't be over thirteen,” one ranger said.
 
One ranger ran back to the cottage to report this to the officials. Another ran away to vomit.
 
“I told her she couldn't handle it alone at night,” the ranger that found her said, “She came by last night looking so happy and said she would like to go through the forest. I told her it would be dark soon so it wasn't with her best interest.”
 
The ranger was suddenly back to the entrance in a flashback.
 
“I can go don't worry about me,” said the young trainer.
“I don't know it's quite dangerous, not even some of the most experienced trainers go through at night.”
“Well it's not night yet is it Mr. Ranger dude.”
“Well no…and its not range dude its Ranger Cuinn, and just incase what is your name Miss?” said Cuinn in a quite annoyed tone.
“Melissa, but everyone calls me Missy.”
“Melissa, promise me that you will be very safe while going through the forest, there are wild pokemon, rogue trainers, and beware there have been many trainers missing lately.”
“Well I know what I'm doing I'm thirteen and I have been training for three years for my first beauty contest in Pewter City,” said Missy in a snotty pitch, “Bye”
 
And then she went off. I hoped she wouldn't get lost like so many others.
“There was nothing you could do,” another ranger said.
“Still, I feel like this is somewhat my fault. I mean I could have stopped her, or done something.” Cuinn said with a grave look on his face.
 
The rangers just sat in the deep wooded Viridian Forest. Where she died was not a very happy place. It was dark, dead, and lonely. Tree had fallen in this area and became home to some bug pokemon. The opening where she lay was a dead end, like her life. The vulpix was still there just sitting next to the rangers look at her dead trainer.
 
After about a half hour after the first ranger left to call the officials, they finally arrived. They carried out the lifeless body on a white stretcher. The ranger had asked if he could call the family after they find them, the officials agreed. An autopsy had to be done to see what the cause was but yet it definitely looked like a wound in the stomach had caused her to bleed both internally and externally.
 
There was still one thing left. The vulpix. Cuinn felt compelled to take it with him. Something was shining, and it looks like it was coming from the Vulpix's neck. It caught Cuinn's attention; Cuinn is attracted to shiny objects. He slowly approached the Vulpix's neck and grabbed the shiny, metal, flame shaped owner's tag. It read:
 
Flamia
Vulpix Pure Breed
Trainer: Melissa Motoyogo
Trainer ID: 5467172317
Cinnabar Island
 
Cuinn suddenly felt a closer attachment to the girl, and a stronger feeling to the Vulpix whose name he now knows is Flamia. He made a motion to Flamia to pick her up. Flamia agreed. Never before had Cuinn held such a beautiful Vulpix. The soft and shining red coat cushioned his arm and the six tails brushed against his chin, which he had not shaved in a couple days. Flamia looked up at Cuinn and gave a sad smile Cuinn did the same.
 
“Well I know where to start now.” Cuinn said under his breath, “The Parents”