Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Hero ❯ Hero ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hero

By Kawaii_Cherry_Blossom

(I was AshyGirl when I wrote this)

Type: AAMRN

Rating: PG

Description: This story is set when Ash goes back to the Pokémon League. Him and Misty are now 16. Brock and Tracey aren't in this story as they have gone back home. Ash has gone very far in the Pokémon League. In fact, he is up to his last battle. But Misty says something to him before his last match. What we he do? Can he admit his true feelings in time? Or will he loose him best friend, and love, forever. A songfic to 'Wind Beneath My Wings' by Barbra Streisand.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ash was standing outside Indigo stadium with Pikachu. It was just half an hour till his last battle.

'I hope I can win. I have gone this far and it would be terrible to loose everything. But, I know I can do it. As long as I have my Pokémon, and Misty by my side cheering for me, I can go far. I know I can.'

"ASH", he heard Misty yell. He spun around to see her standing there by herself.

"What is it Misty." He walked up to her and noticed that her eyes were red, looking as if she had been crying. His look turned to one of concern as she tried to hide her eyes by looking down.

"Can, can I talk to you?"

"Of course you can Misty, you know you can tell me anything".

Pikachu decided that this was its cue to leave, and yelled out to Ash that he'd be back at the village.

"Ash……"

"Misty", he said with a worried tone in his voice. "What's wrong?"

Misty didn't say anything, just stared straight ahead. 'What am I going to say to him? I can't tell him the real reason. I came here so prepared for what I was going to say. Damn life', she thought.

Ash took her hand and led her over to a bench.

"Ok Ash, let me start from the beginning."

'That's it, I am just gonna tell him everything! I don't care any more.'

Ash nodded for her to go on.

"We met 2 years ago. I remember that day so well. I had just left home a week ago, determined to show my sisters that I could go and live by myself and I didn't need them. It turns out I couldn't do it. The day I met you, I was just about to head back home again."

"Go on".

"Then I met you, you took my bike, and I started following you on your journey, using the bike as an excuse to follow you."

"But that was the reason, wasn't it?"

Misty slowly shook her head, "As our journey led on, we became closer. Nobody can deny that we are best friends, but…"

"But what."

"But I want more than that Ash!" she blurted out.

"What?" Ash said, still not getting what she was saying.

"What I'm trying to say is, is that…"

Ash sat there silently, looking into her eyes worriedly.

'Damn this, I am just saying it! Here goes….' she thought

"Ever since I met you I liked you, even though I was too dumb to admit it. And as our journey went on a crush grew into love. I love you Ash Ketchum, I never wanted the bike, I wanted you. You are all I want, and all I can't have. And now I have to leave because you don't feel he same way!" she quickly said as she burst into tears.

Ash was shocked, "Misty what are you saying?"

"I'M LEAVING ASH. I know you'll be better off without me following you around. But no matter what I'll always love you. I'm sorry for everything I've caused you, and the burden I've put on your back. Now you'll be happy. Free to go on and become the Pokémon master without me being there to criticize you. I know you can do it Ash, tomorrow is your big match. The one that, when you win, declares you Pokémon master. So goodbye Ash. Remember me because I know that I'll always remember you. I'll always love you Ash. Bye." And with that being said, she got up from her seat and ran away.

Ash was still shocked at what he'd just heard.

'I can't believe it, she feels the same way I do about her and she just admitted it to me. Oh crap, she's gonna leave. I have to go after her. Crap!'

Ash got off the bench and ran in the direction where Misty had ran. 'She couldn't have gone too far', he was thinking, and he heard her crying once again. He stopped and looked around, only to see her sitting under a tree crying her eyes out.

"Misty……"

She looked up from her crying, surprised to see that he had come after her.

"Go away Ash!" she screamed as she got up again and began to run away. But Ash quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back. She tuned to face him and he put his face closer to her and kissed her on the lips. She was surprised, but accepted the kiss. When they pulled away, he put his finger to her face and wiped her tears away.

"I love you too Misty."

"You do?"

"Of course I do. Who wouldn't? You are a beautiful, kind, honest, talented woman. And I love you more than anything in this world."

Misty hugged him tightly and he held her as she cried tears of joy.

"I need you here Misty. I can't do this without you. The only reason I ever made it this far was because you were here right beside me. And that's why you can't leave."

"I love you Ash. Thankyou so much."

"Anything for you", he said as they locked lips and kissed again.

"I need you Misty. I always will. You are my hero."

Misty smiled and the sun set as they held each other, and Ash remembered a song that describes how he felt about Misty. His first love. Forever and always. His hero.

It must have been cold there in my shadow

To never have sunlight on your face

You've been content to let me shine

You always walked a step behind

I was the on with all the glory

While you were the one with all the strength

Only a face without a name

I never once heard you complain

Did you even know that you're my hero

And everything I would like to be

I can fly higher than an eagle

'Coz you are the wind beneath my wings

It might've appeared to go unnoticed

That I've got it all here in my heart

I want you to know, it know the truth

I would be nothing without you

Did you even know that you're my hero

And everything I would like to be

I can fly higher than an eagle

'Coz you are the wind beneath my wings

You are the wind beneath my wings…

The day after Ash and Misty both admitted their feelings to each other, Ash had his last battle in the Pokémon league. It tuned out his opponent was his long time rival, Gary. He was very worried but ended up beating him by a mile. Ash became to newest Pokémon master. And he had his first love by his side to share the glory with.

The End

Done. I know it was short but I just got this sudden idea. Of how they could really admit their feelings for each other, because some of the stories I've written are a little…….out of the question. So plz review this story. I hope ya liked it. Oh yeah, and if you have any questions, ask them in your review and I'll post another review with the answer for you. Or you can e-mail me. But if you put a question in the review plz make sure you come back to find the answer, or I am writing it for nothing.

Luv Sarah

'Dream as long as you know, it's not impossible to make it a reality.'