Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Feelings ❯ May Has a "Boyfriend"? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hidden Feelings
 
Ages: Ash is 18, May is 16, Misty is 20, Brock is 23, Krystal is 17, Tommy is 17, Jazz is 15, and Carter is 17.
 
Chapter Three: May Has a “Boyfriend”?
 
May ran into the kitchen and found Tommy preparing the food.
 
“What's wrong May?” He questioned.
 
“I hate Ash's girlfriend. She's a bitch!” She told him.
 
“Well I'm really sorry May,” he replied, “I wish there was something I could do.”
 
“There isn't anything you can do. I mean, the guy that I'm madly in love with has a girlfriend, what can I do?”
 
Suddenly Misty and Brock burst through the kitchen door. “You what?!?!” They exclaimed in unison.
 
May spun around and blushed. “I-I love him,” she stammered.
 
“I didn't know that!” Misty cried, wrapping her arms around May. “I'm so sorry!”
 
“Misty, it's okay. It's my fault for not telling him.”
 
“But are you sure you're okay?” Misty asked, letting May go.
 
May nodded. “I'm alright for now.”
 
Misty smiled slightly and she and Brock walked out of the kitchen. May and Tommy then started preparing food for the party. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, so May ran back through the kitchen. She opened the door to find a tall, young man standing there. He had black hair that went to his shoulders and soft blue eyes. He was obviously muscular underneath his black leather jacket. He was wearing black baggy jeans and black tennis shoes to match.
 
“Oh my God, Carter!” May exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him, “What are you doing here?”
 
“I couldn't miss my favorite girl's Sweet 16!” He replied happily, smiling at her.
 
May slowly broke the hug. “That's sweet of you,” she said, smiling back. An idea then slowly ran through her head. “Can I ask a huge favor of you?”
 
“Yeah, anything.”
 
May grabbed him by his wrist and dragged him into the kitchen. “Could you please pretend to be my boyfriend?”
 
Carter's eyes widened. “What?”
 
“Please? I'm trying to make this friend of mine jealous!”
 
Carter rolled his eyes. “Can I ask why?”
 
May hesitated. “Well, I'm desperately in love with him, and he brought his girlfriend here.” She replied quietly.
 
“Oh,” he replied quietly. “In that case, I'll do it!”
 
May smiled, and hugged him again. “Thank you so much!”
 
“You're welcome.”
 
May broke the hug and Carter put his arm around her shoulders. They slowly walked out of the kitchen and saw that Ash, Misty, Brock, and Krystal were out there.
 
“Uh, guys?” She replied. They all turned her way. “This is Carter. He's my boyfriend.” She replied slowly.
 
Misty and Brock looked at each other and shock, but Misty couldn't help but stare at him. “May, you have the best taste in guys!”
 
Both Carter and May blushed slightly. Carter then turned to May with a look that seemed to say, “Which one am I making jealous?”
 
“The one with the black hair,” she whispered in his ear.
 
He glanced over at Ash slightly and turned back to May to wink at her. He walked over to him and extended his hand. “You must be Ash,” he replied, “ May's told me so much about you.”
 
Ash looked over at May. “You have?”
 
“Of course. I have to tell my boyfriend about all my friends.” She replied with a smile.
 
“Yeah, and you must be Misty, Brock and,” he turned to Krystal, “May's never mentioned you,” he replied.
 
“I'm Krystal,” she replied rudely, “Ash's girlfriend.”
 
“And I care that you are why?'
 
May giggled. Krystal gave her a rude look and May shut up. Jazz suddenly ran into the room and bumped into Carter.
 
“Oh I'm so sorry-oh my God! Carter!” She exclaimed. “It's so nice to see you again!”
 
May walked back over to Carter and he put his arm around her again.
 
“I didn't know that you two were-“
 
“Jazz shut up!”
 
Jazz noticed the look on May's face, saying they were only pretending to be together. “Oh, sorry!”
 
“That's alright.”
 
There was suddenly another knock on the door. May ran over to open it and a good amount of her guests were there. She invited them in and her party finally got started.
* * * *
May and Carter were walking slowly through the crowded scene. They were holding each other's hand, but Carter was a bit flustered.
 
“May, why can't we really get back together?” He questioned.
 
“Carter, I've told you this a thousand times. I can't date you because I love someone else.”
 
“Then do me one favor.”
 
“What?”
 
“At least let's pretend we're still the hot, intense couple that we were.”
 
May looked deep into his eyes. She could tell that this was something that he desperately wanted. ”Alright. But nothing…too intense.” She replied with a wink.
 
Carter smiled and slowly leaned down to kiss her. May slowly returned the kiss and slid her tounge into his mouth. Carter wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. May slowly broke away, making Carter release his grip.
 
“What's wrong?” He asked.
 
“I-I just forgot what it was like to kiss you,” she replied quietly.
 
“And?”
 
May leaned in for another kiss. It was short and sweet. She then slowly pulled away and wandered over to Jazz.
 
“Hey Jazz?”
 
“Yeah?” She looked in May's direction.
 
“Are we going to be playing Spin the Bottle or anything like that?”
 
Jazz smiled. “Of course! Why are you hoping to kiss-”
 
“Jazz shut up!” May exclaimed, pointing slightly to Ash, only a few feet away.
 
“Sorry again!”
 
May then glanced over at Ash and Krystal. They seemed happy. She hated that. “I'm gonna go practice my guitar a little more,” she said to Jazz, “I'll be back later.”
 
May walked slowly to the stairs. She walked up them and went into her room, shutting the door behind her. She sighed deeply and got her guitar off the stand. She put the strap around her shoulder and began playing. She played a soft, sweet melody. Tears flew softly and silently from her eyes.
 
“I wish I could move past this, I wish I never missed you so bad, I wish that I could kiss you, hold you, like I have in my dreams,” she sang softly,” I just wish you could love me like I love you,” she finished, slowly putting her guitar on her stand. Tears were still falling from her eyes.
 
“I knew I should of told him that day,” she said quietly to herself. “If I had, then we might just be together now…” She slowly dried her eyes and went to her closet. She pulled out a black dress, the one that she always wanted to wear; the one that would be perfect for her performance. She locked her door and quickly changed into it. May also put a light blue belt around her waist. She then put on blue eye shadow that matched her belt and she reapplied her mascara and eyeliner. She grabbed her curling iron and curled two thick strands in the front. May also put on a sexy pair of black strappy high heels.
 
May looked at her outfit in the mirror. Her dress hugged her curves and her chest delicately. The sleeves were tight around her arms, and were loose around the wrists. It cut off two inches above her knees. The collar was a v-neck that cut off right at her chest. The high heels and the belt went excellent with her dress. Her hair was simply gorgeous, and her eye make-up highlighted her eyes. She smiled at herself and grabbed her guitar. There was an amp downstairs, so she walked out her door and went back downstairs.
* * * *
“Oh my God!” Jazz exclaimed when May walked down the stairs, “I thought you were never gonna wear that thing!”
 
May smiled. “Jazz, and you put my guitar on the stand in the living room? I have to go find Carter,” she replied.
 
“Sure!” Jazz took the guitar from May's hand and trotted off to the living room. May slowly walked into the living room as well, and saw Carter standing near the DJ. She ran over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, his jaw practically dropped to the floor. “Wow May. You look-I mean that dress, uh…you look great.” He finally got out.
 
“Thanks. That's just the reaction I was hoping for.” May replied with a smile.
 
Jazz suddenly grabbed the microphone from the DJ. “Okay, anyone that wants to play Spin the Bottle, follow me!” She said into it. She walked slowly into the family room with a bottle in her hand, with a small majority of the party following her. Jazz then ran back out and grabbed Ash, Misty, Brock and Krystal. May laughed at her. Jazz could always keep a party going. May and Carter reluctantly followed them into the family room. May had to go, since it was her birthday, and Carter was “her boyfriend”, so he had to go with her. They walked in slowly, and May star next to Misty and Carter at next to May.
 
“So Jazz, explain your version of Spin the Bottle,” she said to her.
 
“Okay! Let's say that May started the game, and the bottle landed on Ash,” she winked at May and she blushed like crazy,” She would have to kiss Ash. Then Ash would spin it, and if it landed on May, then they would have to make it French.” May blushed even more and looked down at the floor. ”And then May would spin it, and if it landed on Ash again,” she said.
 
“Let me guess Jazz,” May interrupted, “Then we'd have to make it last for 5 seconds, then 10, and so on, right?”
 
“Yep!” Jazz exclaimed with a smile.
 
“When will this game end?” May asked.
 
“When I want it to end!”
 
May rolled her eyes. “Okay then.”
 
Jazz sat down next to Carter and spun the bottle. Ironically it landed on herself. She blushed slightly and spun the bottle again. This time it landed on Carter. “Hooray!” she shouted and swiftly leaned in to kiss him.
 
“Jazz?” May said, ”The five second kiss isn't until the third time.”
 
Jazz broke away and blushed. “Sorry…”
 
May smiled slightly. “That's alright.” She gave her a look that said, “As long as it wasn't Ash.”
 
Carter then spun the bottle and it landed on May. “How ironic.” May replied, since it was going in a straight line. They shared a simple kiss and May then spun the bottle. It landed on…