Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Ladies-Man ❯ A change would do you good! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is a story idea I got for no apparent reason. It was spawned from my overactive imagination. There is some Shipper Brigadeness, but don't worry it won't take over the whole story, which you'll find out towards the end. The song 'A Change' by Sheryl Crow is the theme of the story, so each chapter will get a little spurt of it in the beginning.

Summary: Gary's always been a Ladies' Man. He stole hearts with no remorse. What happens when one day he ticks off the WRONG girl and gets just what he deserves?

Ages:

Ash/Misty/Giselle/Richie/Todd/Duplica: 21/22

Brock: 25

Gary/Shingo: 23

Tracey/Chris: 24

Riny/Karlie/Mia/Rachel: 21/22

Trish/Drake/Danny/Jenn: 28

Theme song: 'A Change'-Sheryl Crow

Ten years living in a paper bag
Feedback baby, he's a flipped out cat
He's a platinum canary, drinkin' falstaff beer
Mercedes rule, and a rented leer
Bottom feeder insincere
Prophet lo-fi pioneer
Sell the house and go to school
Get a young girlfriend, daddy's jewel

A change would do you good
A change would do you good

"Tammy, you'd better cover up those legs of yours before I go crazy!" Gary Oak grinned sending the receptionist in a spasm of giggles.

"Oh stop it, Mr. Oak you're making me blush!" she smiled showing perfectly white teeth and ignored the flashing lights of her phone. He tapped the first one on and winked causing her to grab her heart.

He strolled imperturbably down the hallway of the Pokemon League H.Q. and headed straight for his office, pushed away in a nice area with plenty of gorgeous air headed women waiting for him to catch their glance and smirk at them, which he of course did.

When he opened his door he had to do a double take, because leaning against his desk was a moderately tall brunette with 'pissed' written all over her face. He rolled his eyes and put a hand through his auburn locks. "Mia, what are you doing here?" he said knowing all too well why she was here.

"Do you know what happened to me on the way home after waiting for SIX hours at the frelling restaurant?" she asked rhetorically. She pushed herself off the desk and stood up to his height. "I forgot the building keys and none of my neighbors would lemme in!" she added to her pathetic situation by grasping her knuckles together.

"Well that's not really my fault is it?" Gary said shrugging of her anger.

"Not your fault? NOT YOUR FAULT?" Mia growled her emerald eyes flashing with untamed fury. "You convinced me to go out with you, when I told you I didn't want to and then you stand me up! You are the hugest jerk in the world. You didn't even call to tell me you couldn't come, or why you didn't!" she let her hands unclench and looked him straight in the eyes. "You wanna back track now, cos you've got exactly thirty seconds to tell me why I was sitting at a table for two, by myself, or else you will watch me decapitate you with a letter opener."

Gary thought about it for a moment and decided that telling her the truth that he'd found a girl with a much high probability of putting out than her, so he'd skipped the date, was a really bad idea, seeing as she was gripping the letter opener in her hand. "I forgot," he shrugged stating simply.

Mia's eye twitched and she mumbled something undecipherable under her breath. She looked up at him with no emotion and her words spat in his face, "I pity the male species with you in it." She turned on her heels and walked out the door slamming it loudly.

Gary shrugged as if nothing had ever happened and plopped down on his chair, spinning around and waiting a mere six seconds before picking up the ringing phone. "Linda? - Hey…last night 'was' fun…tomorrow? I'll have to check my schedule…" he tapped his finger on his desk and hummed for a minute. "Nope, no can do. Sorry babe, but I have a HUGE meeting with some buyers for the gym. Maybe next time?" he quickly hung up the phone before she could suggest a 'next time.'

***

"Hello, gorgeous!" Gary said grinning at the mirror and making a gun with his thumb and index finger, while winking. He threw his stuff down on the chair right by the door and hung up his keys. He walked over to the refrigerator to get his evening soda and rum, noticing a scratchy note on the door. As he picked it up he could tell the paper had previously been wet. Moron. Gary thought as he read the note.

'Hey Gary,

Lance wants to discuss the

league operating something-or-other.

Meeting at Sabrina's Gym.

-Ash'

Gary sighed as he crumpled up the paper and threw it in the trash. "Couldn't get five minutes…" he sighed grabbing up his jacket again and throwing it over his shoulders as headed out the door.

***

"Come 'on' Sabz tell me my future!" Erika pleaded making her bottom lip jut out in deceiving innocence. She slipped her slender, dainty hands across the table and laced her fingers within her aficionado's hand. "Pwease?" she gave her last ultimate pout that made her appear to be a little girl, which didn't help in the excessively outsized blue-green kimono she was currently sporting and the anomalous plait style hair-do she had at the moment.

Sabrina sighed and held her temple glaring with chilly cobalt eyes. "I'm not that kind of psychic…we've been over this. I think you've been watching too many Ms. Cleo infomercials."

Erika snapped her fingers and leaned back on the chair pouting, whilst Sabrina completely ignored her and got up swatting Ash's hand away from her ink and quills. Erika got up humming a random tune she'd recently heard over the radio and shuffled her way over to pour some tea that would not be used for a reading, she pouted at the thought. The little bell on the Saffron City gym chimed as someone entered the door. Erika turned towards the scuffling of feet and warmly greeted Gary upon his taking off his shoes and entering. "Konbanwa, Gary."

Gary just raised a hand in reply and took of his coat. "New hair-do, Erika?"

Erika grinned and crinkled her nose and fluffed up her freshly shortened and feathered hair. "Yeah, what do you think?"

"Looks more like a hair-don't to me…"

Her face drooped and she clenched her knuckles. Gary took no notice as the raven-haired woman stormed into the bathroom to check her reflection. Sabrina on the other hand… Suddenly her thoughts flew to Gary's day and then to his month, then to his year. She was disgusted at the utter disrespect for women he had shown. Her ears twitched and she rose to her feet heading towards him. "Gary Oak, do you have anything to say for yourself?"

He looked behind him and then back to Sabrina slightly bemused. "Um…what?"

"You treat women as objects…new checkmarks on your list of self appreciation. You should learn what we have to go through each day."

He raised an eyebrow in skepticism, "You've been reading too many women's lib crap, Sabz."

Her eyes shone with an unearthly amber glow and her voice became harsh as her forest hair whipped back without wind. "You learn so much, yet take in so little. Well Gary Oak. When you wake in the 'morrow, all you shall see and hear will be sorrow, because when you wake you a change will take. A new form you will acquire, until you learn your lesson you little liar."

Gary blinked, as he seemed to glow for a minute, blue then pink. He shrugged it off and shook his head. "Are you on something Sabz, that whole fireworks display won't work with me."

"You'll see, Gary. You will see."

***

"Good Morning! Viridian! This is KSSL Classic Rock with you in the morning! Lets start of this great day with some Aerosmith!" the annoying high pitched and out of tune radio scratched into the morning hours, as Gary Oak shot out of bed.

He slammed his hand down on the old alarm and grumbled as he lifted himself to his feet. "Ugh…" he groaned, without his morning coffee, he was completely dead. He did his usual routine of sliding down the banister in his charcoal boxers and black t-shirt. His feet walked swiftly across the hardwood floor of the boy's apartment. With all the titles they had, put together with Tracey's research salary, it was much simpler just to share the huge penthouse apartment.

He coughed a few times into his hand and scooted into the bathroom. He flipped up the lid and reached down…and reached down…and reached down… Gary stopped and looked down, noticing a few things missing and a few things added. He screamed bloody murder.

Ash and Tracey slid and quickly into the bathroom as possible. When they got there they did not find a tall spiky haired gym leader. They found a leggy dirty blond haired woman with shocked blue eyes. "What the HELL is going on here-What the HELL happened to my freaking voice?!"

Ash rolled his eyes assuming it was one of Gary's one-night stands. "Sheesh, you scared us. HEY GAR' GET DOWN HERE!" he called out the door.

She opened her eyes wide. "I AM Gary, you loser!"

Ash looked to Tracey with a skeptical eye, "Okay then how did I beat you in the spelling bee in 3rd grade?"

The girl…er Gary…um yeah looked at him and shook his…er her head, "You didn't Ketchum, Lucy Maples did. You bit me and gave me the Chicken Pox so we were both out that week."

"Is that true?" Tracey said not believing this, but the woman in front of him was wearing Gary's underwear and standing like a guy.

Ash nodded his head. Gary looked around and shook his head screaming when parts that don't usually shake shook. "WHAT THE *$%^ is going on here?"

Tracey flinched back for a moment and tugged on his PJ's. "Well that's Gary…no lady has a mouth like that, not even Misty."

To be continued…