Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Babysitting ❯ "Can i have your candy?" ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer:…what do you think?

AN: Hey…I got this idea, ironically, from The Sound of Music…WAIT! It isn't based on it its just where I got the idea!! Um…it was just gunna be something short but than I got this awesome idea so…^^ I wrote this to get out of my writers block…hopefully it works…ENJOY! Oh and if anyone's used the name of Misy's daughter befre…I swear I only used that name cuz I like it o =Þ

Italics: ThoughtsAges

Ash: 21

Misty: 22

Aurora: 3Brock: 28

Suzie: 27

*************

Love and Babysitting

Chapter 1: "Can I have your candy?"

"Man, I can't believe I got fired again." Ash said as he unlocked the door to his and Brock's apartment. He grumbled about how he can never keep a job. "Hey Bro AAHH! I uh…sorry I didn't know you'd be here…I'll leave and come back later." Ash couldn't believe it; he had just walked in on Brock making out with his girlfriend Suzie. And it looked as if it was going to be a little more than making out.

Brock and Suzie were blushing furiously, "Well Ash we didn't expect you to be home so soon."

"Yeah well." Ash said as he looked down at the ground.

"You got fired again didn't you?" Questioned Suzie.

Ash just nodded.

"Ash, that's like the sixth time this month!" Brock stated.

"I know, I know."

"Well since you're home early, would you mind going to the store to pick up a couple of things for dinner tonight?" Suzie asked.

"Yeah sure."

"Thanks here the list, and here's some money." She handed them both to Ash, and then she sat back down and leaned on Brock's shoulder and started to doze off.

Ash sweat dropped, "She falls asleep quickly."

"Yeah." Brock said in a wistful voice. He just continued to stare at her with a glazed look in his eyes (I wonder how you could see that?)

Maybe one day I'll get someone like that. Ash thought as he walked out the door.

*************

Misty walked down the cereal isle with her three year old daughter, Aurora (I love that name!), holding her left hand and pushing the shopping cart with her right. "Aurora?"

"Yes mommy?" Aurora answered in her sweet innocent voice.

"Stay here next to the cart while mommy goes to get a box of cereal ok?"

"Ok mommy." Misty smiled, she couldn't believe that a horrible incident could come out with such a beautiful child. She went to the box of cereal, which was right across the isle.

Aurora saw a young man walk by; she looked at him and then saw he had a candy bar in his hand. She smiled and started walking after him.

Misty turned around seeing Aurora turn the corner following someone. "Aurora! Where are you going?" She yelled trying to catch her daughter's attention. Seeing as it wasn't going to work she chased after her daughter, forgetting about the cart. Misty stepped over rolls of paper towels on the ground, broken jars of pickles and knocked down cans of tuna. "Man, I hope I don't have to pay for any of this."

*************

"Hm…Basil leaves? What the heck are those? Oh well." Ash had a hard time finding them considering there were a lot of spices. "Aha! Found it." Just as he was reaching for it something was pulling at his pants. "Wha?" Ash looked down to see a cute little girl with big green eyes and orange hair. He smiled at the little girl. "Hi, what's your name?"

"Awowa." She said trying to pronounce her name.

"Aurora? Cute name. How old are you?" He said bending down to be at level with her.

"Free." She said holding up three fingers.

"Free?" He chuckled at her innocence.

"Can I have your candy?" She asked.

"Candy? Oh that…well where's your mommy don't you think you should ask her first?"

"Uh huh, but I don know wew see is." Aurora said sadly.

"Well come on I'll help you find her." Ash said standing up, he held out his hand for her to take, but instead she held her arms up saying she wanted to be held. Ash chuckled a bit before picking her up.

"Excuse me sir, is that your daughter?" Said one of the bag boys.

"Um, uh, yes it is, is there a problem?"

"Well maybe you should keep an eye on her she just knocked down three display cases."

"She did? I'm sorry sir I promise to keep her with me at all times. Would you like any help?"

"No that's all right just be careful." The boy said.

"I will." Ash said. Then as soon as the boy left he looked at the girl in his arms smiling innocently. "You knocked down all that stuff just for a candy bar? Well what does your mommy look like?"

"See has long owange hair like mine and see has a bwu sirt on."

"Ok."

"Excuse me sir, thank you for finding my daughter for me." Misty said as she walked up to him. Why is everyone calling me sir!?

Ash looked up and suddenly forgot how to breathe. "Oh um…your welcome. She just wanted the candy in my pocket." He smiled and handed Aurora back.

"Aurora don't ever do that again! I was so worried."

"Ok mommy."

"Thanks again. My name's Misty." She said while putting out her free hand.

"It was no problem. I'm Ash." He said shaking her hand. They looked into each other's eyes and smiled, still holding hands. Aurora giggled and they jumped a little.

"Mommy?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Can he come over for dinner?"

Misty smiled at her daughter. "I don't know sweetie, we just met him and you want him over for dinner?" Aurora nodded furiously. She looked at Ash and smiled. "Well I guess, if he wants pizza."

"Sure I'd love some. But I have to find this stuff and give it to my roommate and his girlfriend so they can have dinner. Of coarse I have no idea what I'm looking for." Ash said as he sweat dropped and showed her the list.

"Here let me see." Misty said as she took the list from him. "Oh I know where all this stuff is. Would you mind holding Aurora for me? So I can get my shopping done and yours."

"Yeah sure, but you don't have to find my stuff." He said.

"Oh no, its no problem. Let's just say its thanks for finding my daughter."

"More like she found me." He said as he smiled. Misty smiled back and then handed him Aurora. Aurora giggled in his arms.

"Can I sit on your shoders?" Aurora asked.

"You sure can." Ash said as he put her on his shoulders.

"Yeah! Look mommy I'm tall. Oh can I wear your hat too?" She asked with big eyes. Ash just nodded and put his hat on her head. It fell over her eyes and nose because it was to big for her.

Misty laughed at her daughter. "Come on, I left my cart in the cereal isle. Hopefully no one took it." Misty said as she led Ash to her cart.

*************

Ash walked Misty to her car with Aurora still in his arms. When they got there, Ash help put Aurora in her car seat and then went to help Misty put her grocery's in the trunk. "Thank you for your help today, I think it would have taken me at least another hour if you hadn't helped me." Misty said to Ash.

"Don't worry it was no problem. It's easy watching a kid who likes you."

"Yeah it is. So are you still going to come over for dinner?" She asked.

"Yep, can I get your address though? You know since I have to go back to my place to drop this stuff off." He said lifting up the bag with his groceries.

"Oh yeah sure." She wrote her address down on a piece of paper and then handed it to him. "Does seven sound ok?" She asked

"Sure does." He then helped her get into her car, then turned to Aurora. "Bye Aurora."

"Bye Ass." She smiled sweetly and waved to him.

Ash blushed and Misty laughed. "Guess you might want her to call you something different." She said trying to suppress her laughter.

"Yeah maybe I'll think of something."

"Can I call you daddy?" Aurora asked. Both Ash and Misty went quiet, quite shocked at her question.

"Uhh…I guess I'll see you at seven?" Misty questioned ignoring her daughter's question. Ash nodded sill shocked at the question, then said a quick goodbye and left.

*************

He knocked on the door and shouted, "Just a little warning so I don't walk in on ya again." Then he opened the door and walked in. Brock and Suzie were sitting on the couch together watching TV. "Thanks for the warning, but we weren't doing anything." Brock said.

"What took you so long? What should've taken you a half hour took you almost two." Suzie said sounding slightly annoyed.

"Oh um, well you see I was sorta babysitting." He replied.

"What do you mean 'sorta babysitting'?" Brock asked.

"Well…" Ash then explained to them the whole story about how he and Misty met, leaving out the part in the parking lot. "And I'm going over there for pizza at seven."

"That's so cute!" Squealed Suzie. "So the little girl still has your hat?"

"Uh heh yeah." Ash said as he sweat dropped. "Well I better get something a little bit nice on…I don't think she'll want me to come over in a wife-beater and shorts on." Ash said as he walked towards his room to change.

"With a bod like that Ash I'm sure she would want you to go like that." Suzie replied.

Ash just smiled and blushed slightly. Brock in turn glared at her. "Hey, I can comment on how someone looks. It's better than going around floating in the air asking out every women you se, it's a wonder how come I'm still going out with you."

"Um, uh…" Brock was speechless.

*************

Ok I stopped it there Just cuz….please R&R!!! I hoped you liked it!!! Oh and I might be changing my author name to Misty Wildfire…tell me hat you think ^^ And if you want to know when I'm going to upload the next chapter just e-mail me and I'll tell yeah…