Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Masako's Pokemon Adventure ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
This is my first fic, so R&R, please! ^.^
If your going to flame, please tell me why you are flaming.

Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own Pokemon.

Chapter 1
I walked down the stairs from her room and into the kitchen where my mom was preparing breakfast. My name is Masako and my brother is Makoto. When we were three, my mom found me, Makoto, and Jak in the grass outside of New Bark Town. No one knows where we came from, though we sometimes remember bits and pieces of our past, though I can’t really tell what is real and what is just a dream. Ever since I first learned about pokemon, I had wanted to become a pokemon trainer. I am 14 now, and I hope I can start my journey soon. But for now, I just want breakfast. . .

“Hello honey. Here have some breakfast. After your brother comes down, I have something I want to tell you,” my mom told me as I came down the stairs.

“Ok. What is it?” I asked her.

“Just wait.” she said. I waited 15 minutes, then finally my brother came down the stairs to eat.

“You are so slow,” I said to him.

“Why should I get up earlier?” he asked me as he sat down at the table. I had nothing to say to that, so I just waited.

“Mom, are you going to tell us whatever it was you wanted him to be here for?” I asked out mom. I was starting to get impatient.

“Well, your father and I decided to let you go on a pokemon journey,” she said, raising her hand to keep us from saying anything, “On a couple of conditions. You must go together and you must call me often. I will give you each 1,000¥ for your journey. I am also giving you a pokegear, 10 pokeballs, and new backpacks. Prof. Elm said that you can pick up your pokemon whenever you like. I would suggest that you stay here for a while and train your pokemon before you leave. It looks like you are ready, so I will be seeing you later,” she told us and then we went out to get our first pokemon. But before we went to Prof. Elm’s lab, we ran over to Makoto’s house. We knocked and after a couple of minutes before Jak came out of the house.

“Why are you here so early in the morning?” he asked, still looking very tired.

“Our parents are allowing us to go on a pokemon journey,” I told him, “And I was wondering if you could come with us?”

“I’ll ask my parents. It is possible because they had said something about letting me go soon,” he told us. He invited us into the house and after a few minutes he came back from his bedroom with a backpack and some pokeballs. “I’m all packed, but my mom said that I have to stay and train a while before she would let me go with you guys, but I can get my pokemon now,” he told us.

“That’s ok, our parents didn’t want us to go right away either, so we can stay and train together. That way we will be stronger when we leave” Makato told Jak. The three of us went down to Prof. Elm’s lab to find him waiting with six pokeballs and three pokedexes in his hands.

“Hello. Jak, your mom called and told me that you would be picking up a pokemon today too, so I got out a pokedex for you. It will help you identify wild pokemon and tell how strong your pokemon are. I told Prof. Oak that you two would be starting today, so he sent me the pokemon from his lab for you to choose from too. Here are your pokedexes, and you can choose from charamander, squirtle, bulbasaur, cindaquil, totodile, and chikorita,” Prof. Elm told us and let all six pokemon out for us to see.

“I like fire-types, and charamander is able to fly when it is fully evolved, so I will choose that one,” Jak said as he picked up charamander’s ball and recalled it.

“I get along with grass-types best, so I will choose chikorita,” Makoto said and reached for chikorita’s ball.

“I really like water, so I think I will choose totodile,” I said as I went to pick up totodile’s ball.

“You all made good choices, and now I will register these pokemon as your own, and you can start training them and catching more in just a little while,” Prof. Elm said and after a few minutes, gave us our pokedexes and sent us on our way. The first thing I did was release totodile so that I could meet it. When I checked my pokedex, it said that it was a level five female. Jak’s charamander and Makoto’s chikorita were both level five males.

“Toto... totodile?” totodile said.

“I’m your trainer now totodile, and I’m Masako. Hmm. . . How would you like the nickname ‘Clara’?” I asked my new totodile.

“Dile! To-dile!” she responded, doing a little dance in happiness. Makoto named chikorita Neran and Jak named charamander Charan. Both pokemon liked their nicknames and their new trainers.

“You two go train. I’m going to stop at Sarah’s and Marcie’s houses. See ya later” I told them as Clara and I started towards Sarah’s house. Soon both of them were admiring Clara and wishing they could have pokemon too.

“Why don’t you ask your parents?” I asked them. They both went to ask their parent, and both came back saying that they could go as long as they stayed with other people and didn’t travel alone. They assured their parents that they would be traveling with multiple people, so their parents let them. The three of us went back to Prof. Elm’s lab and Marcie got a female squirtle, which she named Tri and Sarah got a female cindaquil that she named Flame.

“Come on, lets catch up with Jak and Makoto. They have had a head start on training, so we will have to hurry to catch up,” I said as I tried to hurry them up. When we made it to the field where Jak and Makoto were supposed to be training, we saw them and their pokemon sleeping under a tree. We decided to wake them up with a little water, being that it was a hot day anyway.

“Tri, water gun into the tree!” Marcie told Tri.

“Clara, you too!” I called to Clara.

“Aaaaa! What was that for?!?” they both yelled at us. At that we girls fell down laughing as the four (actually three, because Neran liked the water) guys yelled at us. It was just too funny. Plus, it gave our water-types some practice using their attacks.

“Why did you go and do that? We had been training and had just taken a nap when you three came. . .” Makoto said to me.

“Well, it was a way to wake you up, and don’t you feel cooler now? It is a really hot day today. Hmm, that gives me an idea. Clara, use a water gun straight up so that water rains down on us. Everyone liked that, except of course Flame and Charan, being fire types.

“Ahh, that feels good. . .” I said as the cool water rained down on us. After a few minutes we had the water pokemon stop and take a brake in the lake that was to the east of New Bark Town. The water looked so good that we humans decided to go swimming too. The cool water helped cool us off and when we got out we were ready to go and train together. This is the beginning of my story. . .

************************************************************************ ******

How was it? Please R&R! I hope to get the next chapter up soon.