Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Masako's Pokemon Adventure ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
I have this chapter done, so R&R please!
Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own Pokemon.

Chapter 2
After we all got out of the lake, we went to train in the grassy area to the west of New Bark Town. Clara and Tri practiced battling each other, Flame and Charan practiced against each other and Nearan practiced catching things with his vines that Makoto threw into the air. Sarah and Jak sparred against Marcie and I, respectively, with wooden swords so that both our pokemon and us would become stronger. After a while we took a break and picked some berries that Flame and Charan cooked with their flames while Makoto and I went to our house to get some fruit juice.

“After we finish this food, we should go home and get some rest,” Marcie said after Makoto and I were back. When we were done eating, we all went to our houses with our pokemon and went to bed. That night my sleep was troubled, for that night, the north wind blew. . .

The great dog-like pokemon stood on a mountain overlooking the small town, a silent centennial in the star lit night. It let out a cry, long and low, and then it was gone. . .

I woke with a start, I had thought I heard something in the night, but I guess it was nothing. I looked at the clock, and it said that it was nearly midnight! So, I go back to sleep, wondering why in the world I woke up.

When we got up in the morning, we all ate a good breakfast and got ready to do some more training. The day before I had taught Clara to use water gun in battle. We decided to split up to look for pokemon to battle. After a few minutes I ran into a pidgey.


“Go, Clara! Scratch!” I called as I threw my totodile’s ball.

“Dile, to-dile!” Clara said as she looked questioningly at me, and then went charging at the pidgey to start scratching it. The pidgey tried to fly away, but Clara scratched it before it could take off and so it kicked up a cloud of sand so that Clara’s accuracy would be worse. Clara had to rub the sand out of her eyes before she could attack again.

“Clara! Try to hit it with water gun!” I yelled to Clara as I shielded my eyes from the sand. Her attack only skimmed the pidgey, though it startled the pidgey for long enough for Clara to hit it with a scratch attack. That knocked pidgey out of the air, sending it crashing to the ground with Clara landing next to it. I threw the pokeball because the pidgey was weakened enough for the ball to catch it. It rocked three times with the button flashing red before the ball stopped moving and a little ‘ping’ was heard telling me that I had caught the pidgey.

“Yes!! We caught pidgey! Good job Clara!” I said as I patted her head, “Now lets meet it, Clara.” I then released the pidgey and used my pokedex to find out that it was level 4 and a female.

“Pidgey! Pi-pidgey” she said when she came out of the pokeball. After a couple of moments, I decided upon a name.

“Do you mind the name Aia?” I asked the pidgey.

“Pidg! Pidgey!” she chirped, acting very happily. I took that for a yes, and smiled at her. I walked home so that we could rest from the battle and Clara and Aia could get acquainted with each other. They sat beside me on the couch in the living room while I ate some pizza. I gave Clara and Aia some fruit. They ate it all and went to sleep with full bellies. Makoto came in and sat down beside me with an apple and let out Neran and a sentret that looked around before jumping onto Makoto’s lap.

“You caught a sentret?” I asked him.

“Yeah, and I named him Serno. Looks like you caught yourself a pokemon too. Is that a pidgey?” Makoto asked me as he picked up Neran and set him beside Serno.

“Yes, it is a pidgey, and her name is Aia. Both her and Clara stuffed themselves before going to sleep, so I don’t think they will be geting up for a while. Aren’t you going to feed Serno and Neran?” I said while petting Aia and Clara.

“Yeah, I guess I should. I roasted some berries for them earlier and gave them some pokechow, but they are probably hungry by now. Come on guys, lets get some food for you two” He said as he got up, setting his pokemon on the floor and walking to the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later with some pokechow. “I bought this earlier for the pokemon, it’s specially made for them with the right things in it for pokemon. They seem to like normal food better, though, so I’m planing to mix some of the pokechow with other things”

“When Clara and Aia are hungry again I will try feeding them some pokechow to see if either of them like it” I told Makoto. He gave them each a small bowl of pokechow and finished his apple. When they were finished, they curled up with Aia and Clara and went to sleep. “I’m going to go on a walk, so see you later” I told Makoto and got up. I went into the forest and walked around for a while then stopped to pick some berries to eat when I got hungry. As I sat under the tree, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and a cool breeze blew from the north as something shot through the trees in the distance. I couldn’t really see it, but I still wondered what it was. I thought about telling Makoto and Jak, but then decided not to. I would keep this encounter to myself. I didn’t want them to worry unnecessarily about me, although I hurried home after that and climbed into bed with Aia and Clara on my pillow beside me. That night, I dreamed of creatures that were faster than the eye could see. . .

************************************************************************ ******

We had been training for a month now, and we had caught more pokemon. I caught a houndour that had wandered far from its home that I named Darkmoon. Makoto’s new pokemon was a sparow named Sky. Jak caught a pichu he named spark and a polywag named Folly, Marcie captured a growlithe and a bellsprout, which she name Blaze and Belle, respectively, while Sarah caught a zubat she named Night and a geodude she named Marak. We leveled up our teams so our first pokemon were close to evolvation. I, at least, thought that we were ready to start our adventures. It is afternoon now, and we have been training all day. We’re resting at our house now with our pokemon out.

“Good afternoon, mom” I said as she came inside. She had been out shopping when we came in.

“Oh, your all here right now?” she asked.

“Yeah. We’ve been resting after training this morning. What did you get?” Makoto asked.

“Some apples, bananas, peaches, carrots and pokechow” she told us.

“Thanks for getting the pokechow, mom. Uh, do you think we’re ready to start our pokemon journeys??” I asked her while giving her puppy dog eyes.

“Well, your pokemon seem to be strong enough, but your friends have to ask their parents before you can go. If they all say yes, then I think you are ready” she said to us.

“Thank you thank you thank you!!” I said as I gave her a big hug, “Come on, lets go ask your parents right now!” We hurried out of the house to ask Jak, Sarah, and Marcie’s parents if they could go on their journeys with Makoto and I soon. All their parents said yes, and we decided to start in three days so we would be ready to go. Over those three days we hurried to get everything ready, and by the morning of the third day we were all anxious to go.

“Yahooooooo!!!” I exclaimed as I rushed down the stairs to the kitchen, “We get to start our pokemon journey today!” It was the day we were going to leave, and Makoto came down the stairs a few minutes later with his backpack on and his pokeballs on his belt. He looked at me like I was crazy as he came into the kitchen. “Eheheheh. . . I guess I’m a little too hyper right now. . .” I said as he sat down to eat.

“Don’t waste all your energy here, your going to need it when we start traveling later today,” he said. It didn’t take long for us to finish our breakfast, say goodbye to our parents, and leave. We met with Jak, Sarah, and Marcie at the edge of town at 10:00 to go and started off, hoping to have many good adventures.

As the group set off toward adventure, once again the north wind blew, and once again, a silent pokemon stood silently and watched them, disappearing before it could be seen. . .

************************************************************************ *****

We slept under the stars that night, getting up with the sun in the morning. When you are used to waking up in a nice, warm bed in the morning, getting up really early outside can make you get pretty cold. By the time most of us were up, Makoto had a warm little fire going with some soup in a kettle warming up over it. I crawled out of my sleeping bag and went to the campfire to warm up. Thankfully, Makoto had made up a thermos of hot coffee for us to wake up to, or I might not have gotten started very quickly that morning. As it was it took us a half-hour to eat, pack up our stuff, and leave that morning, and by then the sun was rising above the horizon and starting to warm the ground, although the air was still crisp. We hurried along until we found some berry trees alongside the road.

“Don’t you think we’ve been walking long enough? I think we should probably stop and rest for a while,” Jak said, going over to the trees. He picked one and bit into it, the juices running down his chin from the fruit.

“I guess we have been walking enough, and a mid-day break does sound good,” Makoto said as he started towards the trees and picked some fruit, “It’s very good, you three should get some too before Jak eats them all.”

“I am not going to eat them all! There’s plenty for everyone, so come and eat. Makoto’s right, they are very good,” Jak replied while stuffing more berries into his mouth. I looked at Sarah and Marcie and we hurried over to the trees and began eating the berries. Sarah remembered the pokemon and released hers. When the others saw Clara, Aia, and Darkmoon, they released their pokemon as well. Soon Neran, Serno, Sky, Charan, Spark, Folly, Flame, Night, Marak, Tri, Blaze, and Belle had joined my three. Right away when they saw the berries they started eating. Blaze, Flame, Charan, and Darkmoon roasted some of the hard berries so they could be eaten by the pokemon and people. The soft, fresh berries were good, but the cooked ones were delicious.

We finished eating and put some of the berries into our packs for a snack later, and started on our way again. After a few minutes, Jak ducked his head just in time as something whizzed through the air just above his head. “What the?!? Who did that??” Jak yelled as he and the rest of us crouched close to the ground to try to avoid any other projectiles that might be aimed at us. It didn’t take us long to think of releasing the pokemon to protect us if it was a wild pokemon or thief.

“Ha! You’ll never catch us; were Team Rocket!” shouted a masculine voice from the bushes.

“Oh great. . . I’ve heard of them. Their an evil organization that steals pokemon for profit. We should hope that our pokemon are strong enough to defeat them,” Makoto said as he readied Neran’s pokeball. The rest of us readied our pokeballs as an ekans, a sperow, and a koffing were released from their pokeballs. We released our starter pokemon because they are the most powerful. Marcie and I sent our pokemon to attack the ekans while Makoto and Jak’s pokemon fought the koffing and Sarah sent hers against the sparow. The battle would have been fairly short, had it not been for the koffing creating a smoke screen, and by the time it dissipated the Rockets were running away with their pokemon and the ones we had been fighting with.

“Clara? Clara?!? Where did they go??” was what I was saying as Marcie, Makoto, Jak, and Sarah were saying about the same things as they realized that their pokemon had been stolen. “Go! Aia! See if you can spot them in the air!” I shouted as I sent her out. Sky and Night were also sent out to look for the missing pokemon. When they saw the Rockets running off with some cages, they rushed back and had us follow them to the thieves. It took us a few minutes of crashing through the underbrush, but we caught up to the three Rockets.

“Give us back our pokemon!!” Jak yelled as he released his other two pokemon. The rest of us released ours, ready for battle.

************************************************************************ ******
Was it ok? Please R&R, but no flaming, unless you give good reasons for flaming.