Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Neo-Poke ❯ Takeshi and Doseki! The Pewter Gym's Father-Son Combination! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

About this episode, well, I need to work on my battle scenes u.u I'd much appreciate tips on how to do them. And I *think* Tsusutji is Roxanne's (Hoenn gym leader who trains Rock types) Japanese name, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anywho, 'nuff of my ramblings. Here's episode six!

************************************************** **
Neo-Poke: Episode Six, Season One: Takeshi and Doseki! The Pewter Gym's Father-Son Combination!

"I heard the gym in this town is something else," said Shinji casually as the three trainers relaxed in the waiting area of the Pokemon Center as Nurse Joy finished the examinations that she had been interrupted from yesterday on their Pokemon to make sure they were fit for battle.

"Yeah. And our parents," Keiko motioned to herself and Shinji, "know the gym leader very well. Maybe he'll go easy on us…" she said wistfully.

Hoshi rolled her eyes, "Oh? You want him to go easy on you? What great indicative of how hard you've trained your Pokemon."

"Shut up!" snapped Keiko, who then looked rather embarrassed, "Sorry."

Shinji smirked, "You know we don't really mind if you're rude."

"But…well, I just don't think it's all that proper…and I wasn't brought up like that…" she was blushing heavily now, looking rather uncomfortable.

"Are implying MY parents brought me up to be rude?" snarled Hoshi, on the defensive at once.

"I didn't say that!" Keiko replied.

"I didn't say you did. I asked if you implied it. There IS a difference, but I guess in your parents' hurry to teach you manners, they left out lessons on vocabulary," Hoshi shot back.

"Uh…I think you both take a bunch of offense too easily," Shinji put in.

"And who asked you?" inquired Keiko in purposely civilized tones, cupping a hand around her grape soda and raising it up to take a drink.

"Well, no one…but…" he shook his head, "Oh never mind. Ya can't win with girls, can ya?" Hoshi and Keiko glared daggers at him, and he sweatdropped, "Whoops. Didn't mean to say that out loud…" he murmured quickly hoping that God would be merciful.

As it turned out, God was, in fact, in a merciful mood and their attention was distracted from the current conversation by the boy from yesterday whom had called the police and fire department. He was currently trying to convince a very pretty girl that he was the kind of boyfriend she'd always dreamed of, "Oh come on Charlene! You know your last boyfriend? Well I'm the exact opposite of him!"

The girl raised her delicate eyebrows, "I liked my last boyfriend. He found out he was gay. We're still friends."

"Oh…um…that's exactly what I meant by opposite! Opposite as in I'm 100% sure I'm straight!" he replied eagerly.

"Get a life and stop hanging out here trying to get a girlfriend, would you?" demanded Charlene sticking her nose in the air and walking toward the counter to give her Pokemon to a waiting Chansey.

He groaned and sat down on the same couch he'd been on yesterday, "There's always tomorrow," he said longingly to himself, "I'm going back to the gym," he decided abruptly and stomped out the front door looking less than joyful.

"The gym?" asked Hoshi, interested, "Do you think he trains there?"

"Oh! I've seen pictures of him! He's Takeshi's son!" exclaimed Keiko suddenly.

"Huh? Oh I remember now…he came over with his dad, mom and sisters for a Christmas party around five years ago!" said Shinji triumphantly.

Just then, Nurse Joy walked into the waiting room, "Your Pokemon don't seem to have anything wrong with them," she told them, handing back the Pokeballs that contained them. Nyasu immediately popped out of hers and complained about how small and uncomfortable she found them all the way to the Pewter City Pokemon Gym.

***
The Gym…

"So dis is da the famous Pewter Gym, huh?" asked Nyasu, "Looks kinda shabby to me."

"It's made of rock. Not rock that was put together very evenly either," said Keiko flatly as she walked forward and rubbed her hand against the building.

"Could there be a purpose for that? Like, gee, I dunno, the leader trains ROCK pokemon?" asked Hoshi sardonically with an eye roll. She then took a closer look, "Jeez, it is rather horrid isn't it? Just screaming for a makeover…"

"Buildings can't scream," Shinji pointed out.

"It's called a figure of speech, genius."

"Hey! I…uh…knew that! I just wanted to see if you knew!" said Shinji self-righteously.

"While dis banter is ex-tre-me-ly interesting, I'd rather not stand outside anymore, so if youse dim watts don't mind, maybe we could go inside," interjected Nyasu.

"Yeah! That's a great idea!" exclaimed Keiko cheerfully clapping her hands together, eager to stop the arguing between her comrades.

"Fine," mumbled Hoshi and Shinji at the same time, both looking sour as they walked inside.

***
Inside…

Inside the gym, the lights were dimmed and even when the trio adjusted to the darkness, they could barely make out anything in the gym.

"Heeeeellooooo, is anyone in here?" called Shinji, grinning as the sound echoed around the room, "Shinji Ketchum rocks! He'll be the greatest Pokemon Master ever!" he yelled, simply for the satisfaction of hearing it echo.

"You are such a dolt," grumbled Hoshi.

"It's cool!" said Shinji smiling brightly.

"This would be prime occasion to practice my singing!" proclaimed Keiko excitedly, "Ooooooooh…Faaaaaaaar awaaaaaaay, looooooooong agoooooooo, glowiiiiing diiiiiiiiiim as an eeeeeeeeembeeeeeeeeer-" she began.

"'Scuse me, my baby brother is trying to take a nap!" came a young girl's voice out of nowhere, and the lights suddenly exploded in the room. A child who couldn't have been more than eight years old with dark brown hair and squinty eyes appeared where the voice had come from.

Keiko suddenly seemed very embarrassed about her singing, as her cheeks were tinged with red, "Excuse me, but are you from next door or something little girl?" she asked.

"No," said the girl, "Me and my family live in the back of the gym. My daddy's the leader," she added for emphasis.

Shinji's eyes lit up, "Hey! Could we battle him?"

"You'd have to ask him. You could battle me for practice, 'cuz I'll be a trainer some day!" announced the little girl.

Hoshi laughed slightly, "No thanks. We'll take your dad right on, plus we wouldn't want to hurt your little Pokemon or you'd cry," she said gently.

"Fluffy-Chan isn't little!" the child protested, glaring at Hoshi.

"Really? Let's see 'Fluffy-Chan' then," replied Hoshi, in a joking tone.

"You asked for it! Go Fluffy-Chan!" she cried, and a Graveller-a rather big one, at that-came out of her Pokeball.

"He just evolved two months ago," she informed the group proudly.

"That's…s-something…you would name…F-Fluffy-Chan?" asked Hoshi, staring at the huge Graveller.

"I ain't fighten' dat!" Nyasu piped up.

Then, another voice filled the room, "Aiko! Are you alright in there?"

"Yah Doseki, I'm fine!" she yelled, "There's some trainers out here who want the Boulder Badge!"

"Really?!" Doseki, the same guy as before, obviously, practically made a mad dash to where they were all standing, "Oh…no teenage girls…" he said sighing.

"Doseki can't get a girlfriend," whispered Aiko in a conspiratorial tone after recalling 'Fluffy-Chan'.

"Aiko!" yelped Doseki angrily. He turned to face Shinji, Hoshi, and Keiko, "So you want a boulder badge, huh? Well, you'll need to fight me and my father!" he told them with a lopsided grin.

"One after the other without any rest?" asked Shinji, looking rather put out.

"No. In a three-on-three battle. Since there's three of you, dad will probably send out two Pokemon, I'll send out one, and you each send out one of your own," Doseki explained.

Shinji's face immediately transformed into an exuberant one, "Cool! Could you go get him now?"

"Aiko could. She's not doing anything important," replied Doseki, glaring at his younger sister, who frowned at him, stuck out her tongue, and stomped out, "Little kids, I swear…" he said apologetically.

"Yeah, my little brother's really annoying too," Hoshi sympathized.

As she said this, a man came through the doors. He looked to be about in his mid-thirties or so came through. He definitely resembled Aiko, and Doseki appeared to have inherited his hair color.

"Hello," he said in a pleasant voice, "As you probably know, my name is Takeshi and I'm the gym leader in this town," he looked at Shinji, "And…maybe I'm wrong, but I think you're Satoshi's son, Shinji, isn't it?"

Shinji beamed, "Yeah! That'd be me!"

"I thought so. He told me you'd started out recently, and to keep an eye out for you. Should we start the battle?" he asked getting straight to the point.

"Yeah!" said Shinji enthusiastically. Takeshi and Doseki moved to the other side of the gym, and a spotlight appeared where they were, where Hoshi, Shinji, and Keiko were, and in the middle of the arena.

Doseki looked at his father nervously, and with a nod from Takeshi, he called out, "This will be a three on three match between Takeshi and Doseki of Pewter City, and the challengers from…um…oh forget it, the challengers! The last team with a Pokemon remaining is the winner! Begin!"

"Onix, Rhyhorn, go!" yelled Takeshi.

"Go Pineco!" shouted Doseki.

"Chikorita!" cried Keiko.

"Pichu, I choose you!" hollered Shinji.

"I choose you, Charmander!" shrieked Hoshi.

"Pineco, use rapid spin!" commanded Doseki, starting the battle off. Pineco complied and began its rapid spin towards Pichu.

"Pichu, get out of the way!" yelled Shinji. Pichu ducked towards the floor and Pineco continued its assault toward Charmander.

"Ember, Charmander!" Hoshi told her fire Pokemon.

"Char, char! Maaaander!" it said, using its ember attack in the direction of Pineco.

"Pineco, try to spin away!" shouted Doseki, albeit, a bit too late. Pineco was spinning too fast to change direction quickly, and it spun right into the ember, and fainted on the ground. Doseki looked slightly put out, "You did your best Pineco, return," he said.

As this was going on, Takeshi yelled, "Rhyhorn, use Take Down!" and the rhino Pokemon flew at Pichu, who it battered to the ground. Pichu struggled to get up.

"Now Onix, use Bind!" commanded Takeshi.

"Chikorita, use Vine Whip to try to stop Onix from using Bind!" said Keiko quickly.

"Chika!" cried the grass Pokemon lashing out its long vines around part of Onix and trying to restrain it.

"Now Charmander, start running and when you get up close, jump and use tackle going for the face!" exclaimed Hoshi.

"Mander, Charmander!" it cried, running for Onix and jumping as high as it could.

"Onix, bite!" called out Takeshi, on spur of the moment thinking as Charmander closed in.

"No!" screamed Hoshi as Onix bit Charmander and it fell to the ground and fainted, "Charmander return," she muttered sullenly.

Meanwhile, Pichu still struggled to regain power in its legs, and Rhyhorn stood by doing nothing, as his trainer was preoccupied at the moment.

"Come on Chikorita, try to use Razor Leaf while you're holding Onix, if it isn't too much!" hollered Keiko.

"Chi, Chikorita!" it said nodding, as leaves flew from its back and bombarded a struggling Onix until it fell with a crashing thud.

"Good try, Onix, return," said Takeshi, who then lost no time in ordering, "Rhyhorn, use Horn Drill!"

Rhyhorn said nothing, and immediately barraged Chikorita with a Horn Drill attack that hit dead on, causing a one-hit KO.

"Good job Chikorita," murmured Keiko as she returned her Chikorita.

"This has been a good fight, but I'm afraid it'll have to end now. Rhyhorn, Fury Attack!" commanded Takeshi.

Shinji's stomach did flip-flops, 'We got this far…' , "Pichu get up and try to get on Rhyhorn!"

"Pi…Pi…Pichu," the weakened Pokemon struggled to its feet as Rhyhorn prepared its Fury Attack, and as it released it, Pichu used its tail-the only part of its body that wasn't aching-as a spring and hopped up on Rhyhorn's head.

"Now clutch its horn and use Thunderbolt!" yelled Shinji, suddenly grinning triumphantly.

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiiichuuuuuuuuu!" the small Pokemon cried, releasing all of its electrical energy and shocking Rhyhorn through its horn. The Pokemon stumbled backwards and fell over unconscious.

"The challengers win," said Doseki in a somewhat downtrodden voice.

"Great job Pichu!" said Shinji happily rushing out to catch his Pokemon as it began to fall to the ground out of fatigue.

Takeshi stepped across the arena smiling, "You know, that's the same move your dad used to win against a gym leader named Blain's Rhydon."

"I know. He told me, and I'm glad I remembered," responded Shinji, also smiling.

***
Later…

"Our Pokemon are all going to be alright," said Doseki as he, Keiko, Shinji, Hoshi, Takeshi, and Doseki's mother, Tsusutji sat in the reception area of the Pokemon Center. Doseki had quickly gotten over his slight anger at his earlier defeat, especially since his father wasn't angry at all.

"Youse are some lucky dim watts," remarked Nyasu shaking her head, still in disbelief that they'd actually won.

Tsusutji survey the three trainers, "So you're traveling alone, then?"

"Yeah," replied Shinji, "No big deal, though. I can take care of myself," he added proudly.

"Well, I've been thinking, Doseki is going to take over the gym one day, and it would probably be good if he knew more about different Pokemon, and you may need someone slightly older at certain times, so maybe…" she left the sentence hanging.

"That's a great idea, Tsusutji!" exclaimed Takeshi suddenly.

"W-wait…you're implying that I do what you did," Doseki pointed to his father, unconsciously nervously messing with his right ear, which he had had pierced last year (much to his mother's chagrin) in hopes of 'attracting girls', "and travel around the world…" he stared.

"Well, yes, would you like to?" asked Tsusutji.

He stared for another two minutes, as though in heavy shock, and then responded, "I'D LOVE TO!"

Takeshi smiled amusedly at his son, "Then I guess that whenever they're ready to leave, you could go."