Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginnings ❯ A New Friend Is Found ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

DISCLAIMER: All Pokémon characters are property of Nintendo and other big-wig companies. They do not belong to me.

New Beginnings

By: Raven Star

Prologue - A New Friend Is Found

Deep in the Amazon zone, rain poured down into the forest. Deep inside a cave, a lone cloaked figure sat in front of a large tent, as she tryed to get a fire started as with the damp wood she had gathered, with little success, before finally a small flame lit up from the branches. Picking up a magazine, the figure used it to slightly fan the flame long enough, until the fire was soon big enough to warm area of the cave she was in.

Letting out a sigh of relief, the figure sits back on her legs, as she pulled back the hood of her jacket, to reveal a 12 year old girl, with blue-green eyes, and long silver blond hair that was tied back into a ponytail, that went down to her knees.

Inside the tent behind her, a Persian that watched as it's trainer futilely, perking up when the fire was finally up. The Persian stepped out of the confines of the tent to get closer to the flames, as it lay down next to his trainer, a look of concern on it's feline face. "Per? Sian?" it asked quietly.

Raven turned towards the Persian with a wane smile on her face, as she absentmindedly scratched the Persian behind the ears, a eliciting a soft purr from her companion. "I'm fine, Trinity, I'm just cold from the rain." a smirk appeared on her features as she stood up to and heads towards the tent to, remove her wet clothes.

"And, remind me the next time we're on the road to catch a Fire Pokémon. It'd take a lot less time trying to light a fire if we had one, right?" she muttered. A few minutes later she was back out of the tent, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, that had the logo "Pokémon Are A Girl's Best Friend" on it.

Trinity rubbed up against Raven's legs purring in agreement to Raven's statement, before running back into the tent and drags out a backpack dangling from her mouth. "Meowr, Persian! Per!" Trinity demanded as she dropped the bag in front of Raven.

"All right already. I get the hint." Raven said with a laugh as she sat back down and opens the bag pulling out paper plates and cans of Pokémon food, and opened up one of the cans of food and places it on a plate in front of Trinity, who immediately digs into her food. A few seconds later she had 7 more plates set up next to Trinity's that were covered with Pokémon food.

"Now, just let me let the others out so they can eat too." she said as she pulls out 7 Poké Balls. Standing back up, she throws the Poké Balls into the air, shouting, "Star, Venus, Lily, Apollo, Windancer, Stryker, Nightshadow! Come on out! It's dinner time!!" The Poké Balls immediately popped open before they could hit the ground, releasing the Pokémon within.

Out of the Poké Ball's, came: Venus, a Jigglypuff, a balloon type Pokémon who's song could put it's enemies to sleep; Star was a Togechiku, the evolved form of Togepi; Apollo, a Golduck, the fully evolved form of Psyduck; Lily, a Marril, a water Pokémon and tracker; Windancer, a Pidgeot; Nightshadow was a Gengar, a ghost Pokémon and the final form of Ghastly; Stryker, was a Hitmochan.

"Mochan!" Stryker called out in greeting to Raven as he sat down next to one of the plates and starts eating.

"Pidgooo!!!" Windancer cried as he stretched out his wings into the air.

"Marril!" Lily chirps as she also starts to eat.

"Puff!" Venus called as she scampers over to one of the available plates.

"Hah!" came from Apollo.

"Gengar!" Nightshadow said as he disappeared then reappeared in front of the plates, and quickly began shoveling food into his mouth..

"Chiku!" Star cried out as she flew over to her 'mother's' arms.

Soon, all of the Pokémon were eating, with the exception of Star, was sat in Raven's lap as she hand fed her some of the Poké chow with a spoon, while Raven ate her own dinner in between feeding Star, as they listened to the rain coming down outside, just as it soon comes to a stop.

Awhile later, all the Pokémon were gathered together the fire, keeping warm while Raven fed the flames with the dirty plates, doubling the heat. Soon she sat back down to stare quietly at the flames as she pulls her backpack towards her, and pulls out a small red case. Opening it, she looked down thoughtfully at 5 different Pokémon badges.

"Soon you guys. All we need to do is earn one more badge, and then we'll be able to compete in the Pokémon league that's in 5 months." Raven said as she puts the badges away, as she lays down, with her head resting on her rolled up sleeping bag. "We've all worked hard for these badges, and--" she said, only to stop as she noticed her Pokémon were suddenly tensing up.

Looking towards Lily, she saw her hop away to stand by the cave entrance, her eyes squinted closed and her ears bouncing, a sign that she was detecting some sound.

"Lily what is it? What do you hear?" Raven asked as she moved to stand behind Lily, the other Pokémon not to far behind.

Finally the mouse Pokémon lets out a loud "Marril" and runs out the entrance, and down the path leading towards the cave, her friends not too far behind.

As they ran, Raven soon heard a commotion coming, and soon they came upon a flock of Spearrow's that were trying to get at something that was in a tree.

"Spearrows! I've always wanted one of those." Raven cried out happily keeping her voice down to a medium level so she wouldn't startle the birds. <'I only have Lily with me, and I don't think she'll be able to handle these Spearrows, with only her water gun attack. And I forgot to bring the others'> she thought to herself silently to herself as she crept closer to the Spearrows without drawing their attention to her.

Hearing a sound coming from behind her, she glances over her shoulder she saw that her Trinitiy, Star and Nightshadow had followed her out of the cave, and she got an idea "Trinity! Go!" Raven shouted as she pointed at the Spearrows. "Thunderbolt Attack, NOW!" she shouted.

"MEOWRRRR!!!" Trinity leaped over Raven's head to land in a few feet away from the Spearows. Her eyes along with the red gem on her forehead glow for a few moments, before bolts of electricity shot out from her body, hitting each of the of the Spearrows in one attack.

The Spearrows all gave out agonizing squawks as they tried to avoid the electricity. Some managed to escape the onslaught and flew away squawking angrily at her as they went but one of the Spearow weren't as lucky to escape as it was slammed into the ground next to the fallen tree, knocked out cold.

With a smirk, Raven pulls out one of her empty Poké Balls, while shouting, "Poké Ball, go!!" and throws it at one of the unconscious Spearrows. The ball hits the Spearrow and opens up, pulling the Spearrow in before falling to the ground. The Poké Ball bounced around on the ground for a bit, before finally settling down, giving off a soft ding!

Raven walks over and picks up the ball, and holds it out for the rest of her Pokémon to see. "Looks like we've got a new member to our group you guys." she said as attached the ball onto her belt, as she bent down to pick up Star to carry him back to the cave.

As she stood up to head back to the cave, she realized that none of her Pokémon were following her. As she turned back around, she saw that they were all gathered around the spot where she had found the Spearows had been before.

"Marril!! Mar!!"

"Merow? Mewor.."

"Gengar!"

Lily was squeaking frantically and waving her short arms around in the air as she tried to get her masters attention, while Trinity, Nightshadow were busy poking at the branches and other debries that was in that area as if they were searching for something.

Knowing perfectly well that something might be wrong since it had all of her Pokémon upset and bothered over something, Raven made her way back to where the others were, and gently pushed Nightshadow and Trinity out of the way, so she could start pushing aside debris.

"All right you guys stand aside so I can see what's in here." she said as each of the Pokémon stepped back. Placing Star down next to her, pushing aside some branches her eyes widen immediately as what she saw before her.

Inside the trunk of the tree was what looked to be a small nest, containing 4 strange looking little cat-like baby Pokémon she had never seen before. They had long skinny tails that were curled around their bodies, as they shivered from the cold, they looked to be only a few weeks old, and in bad shape. They were almost catlike in appearance. 2 were pink, another black, and a fourth was pure white.

All four creatures were in bad condition, and looked like they hadn't been fed in days, because she could almost see their ribs sticking through their chest. At first glance she thought all four were dead, but as she took a better look, she could see that they were breathing but just barely, and she quickly pushed more branches away, she saw two shiver from the sudden cold while the other two barely reacted at all.

"Aw damn it!" she cursed under her breath as she removed her jacket, and folding it up, she places it on the ground in front of the tree, and carefully lifted each of the four Pokémon out of the nest and placed them on the jacket.

As she lifted the black one out she could, see that it was badly hurt, and seeping blood 'These guys must have got caught in that storm tonight, and got battered around. And those Spearrow's weren't helping matters.' Raven thought angrily as she held it close to her, before gently placing it next to its siblings. 'I wonder what type of Pokémon they are?' she though as she stood up, holding the jacket in her arms as she turned back to the rest of her Pokémon and spoke to Star. "Star, Teleport all of us back to the cave! Now!" she shouted, her tone sounding harsher than she had meant it to be.

In a flash of light the group was gone.

~Later~

Raven was in her tent, with her Pokémon gathered around her as they watched her worked on helping the newest Pokémon, Mew. The Pokédex had been completely useless when Raven had tried to use it to get information on Mew, only telling her that Mew was an extremely rare and powerful Psychic Pokémon, and because no one had seen a Mew in years, they supposed to be extinct.

"Extinct, huh." Raven muttered as she sprayed Mew's injuries with some Pokémon medicine she pulled out of her bag. "Well, it looks like I've found proof that there are still some Mew's that are still alive in the world, that is if this one lives long enough until I can get it to a Pokémon Center to get it's wounds treated better..."

Since arriving back at the cave, Raven had been working nonstop in trying to heal the four catatonic Mew's she had found outside, using everything she had in her bags to try and help heal them. As she watched each of the Mew's breathing soon became less labored, and the injuries they had were already starting to heal thanks to the medicine she had applied.

After a half hour later, Raven let's out a sigh of relief, as the four Mew's were soon resting peacefully in a makeshift box bed with her jacket as a mattress that Raven had made in a hurry, it's injuries momentarily taken care of for the moment, with bandages covering different parts of it's body.

A yawn escaped from her lips, as she started to feel the affects of the nights exploits hit her hard, as she her eyes started to close. "It's getting late you guys. Let's get to bed." Raven said as she picks up the each of the Poké Balls, and starts calling each of her Pokémon back in, until only Trinity and the Mews were left.

"Meowr? Mewor" (So what are you going to do with them now) Trinity said as she looked first at the Mew, then back up at Raven as she made her preperations for the night.

"I'll let them go when I'm sure their well enough to go off on their own." Raven said as she picked up Trinity's Poké Ball and started to pointed. "Your turn now, Trin. Trinity Return!"

"REOWR!" (No Way!) Trinity shouted as she as she leaped out of the path of the beam. She landed behind the jacket where the Mews still were lying. "Meowr, meowrs pshs.." (You would leave them out there alone at such a young age?) Trinity demanded as she glared up at Mew

"Trinity, what are we going to do with a Mew, let alone four?!" Raven demanded as she met Trinity's eyes. "It's not like I don't want to keep them. In fact I'd love to. But," Raven asked, as she stared down at the sleeping Mews. "There might be trouble if anyone else finds out about them. People would try and steal them and do some bad stuff to them."

"Meowr?" (It's too late to be worrying about that now) Trinity said as she turned her head away.

"Fine then. They can come with us, if *they* want to. I won't make them come with me if they don't want to." Raven said as she watched as Trinity walk around the Mews. "Don't tell me you've gotten attached to them already!"

"Meowr.." (I'm just concerned about them that's all.) Trinity said in response, as she as she padded around the Mew's, "Mewor, Meow...." (I'm staying with them for the night to watch over them," she said with a yawn, "I'll wake you if something happens...) before finally laying down on the jacket, with her legs spread out around them, cocooning them next to her own body, in order to help keep them warm as they slept, before falling asleep.

Shaking her head, Raven picked up the Poké Ball's and depositing them back into her backpack, she leaves them in her tent. Raven stands up and picks up the box bed containing the Mews, almost stumbling under Trinity's added weight to the box, and moves towards her rolled up sleeping bag, she carefully puts down the box and and unrolls the sleeping bag.

I just hope it's going to be okay... Raven thought as she sat down next to the sleeping bag, which she soon unzips and crawls in, placing the box a few feet from her head, as she curled up inside the bag, she reaches out to turn off the battery powered lamp. "Good-night everyone." she called softly as her eyes closed.

To Be Continued....