Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginnings ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

DISCLAIMER: All Pokémon characters are property of Nintendo and other big-wig companies. They do not belong to me.

New Beginnings

By: Raven Star

Chapter 3

"Pokéball go!!" she shouted as she threw two of her pokéballs into the air, releasing Stryker, and Windancer, as the she faced Sundance and Kidd. She had been back to Pokémon center earlier after her battle in the gym to get her Pokémon healed and refreshed.

"Oh, so the little girl wants to play awhile before we take her Pokémon," Sundance said nastily as she pulled out one of her own pokéballs from her belt. "Well I'm game kid, Pokéball, GO!!" she shouted as the ball went sailing through the air and popped open releasing a Wartortle.

"Count me in too," Kidd said as he threw his pokéball into the air, releasing a Charmeleon.

"WARTORTLE, HIT THAT HITMONCHAN WITH YOUR HYDRO PUMP NOW!" Sundance shouted as she watched.

"CHARMELEON, TAKE OUT THE PIDGEOT WITH YOUR FLAMETHROWER!" Kidd shouted.

Knowing what was coming if she didn't act soon, Raven began shouting out orders, while also trying to get a good grip. "Windancer, use you Quick Attack! Stryker use your agility attack now! And punch him!"

"Pidgooooooo!!" Windancer cried as he took off into the air to attack. He began dodging all of Charmeleon's flame attacks as best as he could, while at the same time trying to find a way to attack without getting burned, as it was released from the fire lizards mouth.

"Good job, Windancer, now do your Sand Attack!" Raven shouted from the sidelines.

"Pigeo! (Right!)" Windancer cried as he began flapping his wings faster and faster, until a large dust cloud began to pick up from the ground. Sand began blowing everywhere, causing everyone to choke on the dust and be blinded

"Char! (Hey!)" Charmeleon cried out in protest as he stopped his flamethrower attack and tried to cover his eyes and rub them with his 'hands' at the same, "Meleon. Char char char me... (I'll get you for that the minute I can see again..." he complained.

"Pidgeot pidg. (I don't think so flame brain!)" Windrider said as he let ou a loud squawk and released a whirlwind attack at Charmeleon.

Charmeleon was still blinded by the sand and didn't see the whirlwind attack coming until it was too late. "CHARRRRRRR!!!" Charmeleon cried as he suddenly found himself picked off the ground and was swung around the air in wide circles for several minutes before slamming into the ground hard, knocked out cold.

Windrider landed on the ground a few feet from where Charmeleon had crashed, and held out his wings to the air as he let's out a victory call, before moving towards Raven's side.

"Charmeleon!" Kidd shouted as he rushed over to his fallen pokémon, checking for any more damaging injuries on it's body before finally calling it back into it's pokéball. She shot Raven a glare before moving back to Sundance's side, where he immediatly began cheering on Wartorle. "Wartortle finish off that pipsqueak Hitmonchan, as payback for what they did to Charmeleon!!"

Meanwhile with Stryker and Wartortle;

Stryker was the oldest of all of Raven's Pokémon, and even he though could now feel age catching up with him, he was still a #1 fighter when times get tough.

He almost barely avoided Wartortle's hydro pump attack, as he dodged each blast of water headed his way, as he made his way closer and closer to where Wartortle stood, when Wartortle finally managed to get in a lucky hit with a tail whip attack, followed by another burst of water from his water gun attack that sent Stryker flying backwards a couple of feet. Stryker was back up in seconds as he brushed off the excess water from his face with his glove as he glared towards Wartortle.

"Stryker!" Raven cried as she started to rush towards him with the others behind her.

"Mo-chan! Chan! Hitmonchan!" Stryker shouted angrily at Wartortle, as he waved a gloved hand (paw?) in Raven's direction to get her to keep back. (You little punk, that was a lucky shot.)

"Wartortle, wartortle tort?" (Oh and what are you going to do about it old man?) Wartortle responded in kind as he crossed his chubby arms over his chest as he stared back at Stryker defiantly.

Stryker stood there fuming as he glared towards the shellfish pokémon in anger. "Mo-chan!" (I'll show you an who's old man!) he said as he got into another fighting stance, with his arms raised in front of him.

"Well, well. Will you look at that. The little Hitmonchan still wants to fight." Sundance said, a note of laughter evident in her voice,. "Why don't you recall him before he seriously gets hurt, and hand over all of your pokémon already?"

"Not a chance, lady, we're not through yet!" Raven said as she thought of something quickly, before staring directly at Stryker. "Stryker, do agility, mach 5!"

"Mochan!! CHan!" Stryke charged towards Wartortle, with his fists up to cover his face from any attacks. He was moving faster than before, and made his way towards Wartortle.

"Wartortle, do your bubbles attack!!" Sundance shouted in panic, as she watched the incoming Fighting Pokémon.

Wartortle opened his mouth and blew thousands of bubbles out of his mouth, shooting them towards Stryker, but Stryker moved too fast, avoiding each bubble just as they were about to come in contact with him.

"Stryker, do your Comet Punch!!" Raven ordered, a smug look appearing on her face as she realized that she was about to win the battle.

Stryker ended his forward charge long enough to stop 15 feet before Wartortle, and bent down to bunch his legs under him and leaping up high into the air, and began a downward spiral towards Wartortle, with both arms pointed downwards, while Wartortle looked up at him in shock.

"Wartortle, WITH--" Sundance began to stop her order in mid-sentance just as Stryker came crashing down on top of Wartortle, causing a dust cloud to appear around the two pokémon, blocking everyone's view.

As the dust cleared, everyone looked forward to find themselves soon look down into a small crater, where Stryker was now making his way out dragging the unconscious body of Wartortle behind him before dropping him carelessly in front of the two stunned Team Rocket members, and hurrying towards his trainer.

Both Sundance and Kidd stared down at the unconscious forms of their pokémon in first shock, then anger filled them both as they realized what had just happened.

"Why you little brat!" Sundance shouted as she advanced on Raven and her entourage. "Nobody does that to us, and especially not a spore like you!!"

"Yeah! We're the best team hired anywhere!" Kidd added.

"Oh? Do you think so? I think your just a couple of losers. You guys just lost, and I think it's time that you were on your way now." Raven said sarcastically before turning her head slightly around to look towards her back. "Care for the honors, Daimon?"

"MEW!" Daimon floated up from his perch on Raven backpack and flew towards Team Rocket. Before either Sundance or Kidd could react they suddenly found themselves along with their pokémon floating up into the air through the help of Mew's telekinesis.

"Oh... uh..." Sundance and Kidd chorused.

"Mega Punch now!" Raven shouted.

"MEW!!" Daimon's small body began glowing brightly before he suddenly charged towards the now cowering team Rocket, and he swung his body around in an arch, releasing the power he built up, causing it to fly towards Team Rocket, hitting them like a solid punch that sent them flying high up into the air and across the city, with Team Rockets screams trailing after them as they go.

Raven watched as the group go until they were completely out of sight, before turning back to her Pokémon.

"Nice job you guys." she said, congratulating each of them, as she pulled out their pokéballs. "Come on, let's get you guys back to the Pokémon Center to get yourselves taken care of." she said as all four were pulled into their pokéballs.

~The Next Day~

On her way out of town, Raven stopped by the nearest Pokémon store to buy some more pokéballs and several extra items to take on the trip.

Stepping into the store, she picks up a hand basket and heads straight for the shelves containing the pokéballs. She plucked out 12 normal red and white balls ($7), 8 great balls ($12.50).

Before heading for the checkout line she picks up some more Pokémon food and medicine just to make sure she didn't run out during the trip.

"That will be $225.95, please." the cashier monotone, a bored look on her face as she waited to be paid.

Raven pulled out a credit card that her parents had given her back when she had first started her Pokémon journey to pay for expenses, and paid the cashier in full.

Raven stood on the outskirts of town overlooking Viridian City once more. Firestar stood placidly next to her waiting for her trainer to get on her back so they could be on their way to the next town. On Firestar's back was a brand new fireproof saddle and harness that Raven had bought in town. Raven had already transferred the Mews into the Master Balls she bought earlier, after deciding that the master balls could handle the Mew's powers a lot better than the original ones without shorting out first.

Walking over to Firestar, she grabbed hold of the bridle, and swung herself into the saddle, almost falling off the other side as she goes, before finally grabbing up the reins and pulling back.

"Come on Firestar!" Raven shouted as she pulled the horse around by the reins, and they made their way down the hill heading back towards the forest. "It's time to go and start our adventure!" she shouted as she kicked Firestar into a gallop, and rode off into the bleak darkness.

~Awhile Later~

Raven had returned Firestar back into her pokéball when the forest started closing in around them, making it impossible for the flame haired pokémon to make it's way through the forest, so it was back to walking once more until she found an area where she could release Windancer to fly them out of there.

As she goes she hears a commotion coming from somewhere ahead of her that sounded like a Pokémon in distress. She follows it to a small clearing, where the sounds grew louder and more frantic and searches the area for any sign of where it was coming from. As she walked around, she realizing that the sound was coming from somewhere above her.

"What the hell!!" Raven cried as she spots the source of the noise.

Craning her neck up to look at one of the tree branches, she spots a net hanging from a rope looped over a branch. Inside the net she could make out 5 small struggling, whimpering forms trapped inside the net, letting out small soft squeals and brii's

Biting back a curse, Raven hurries over to where the rope was tied and undoes the knot, holding the rope long enough to lower the net to ground before letting it go as she runs out of rope.

Hurrying towards the moving net she pulls and tugs at the net, while crooning at whatever was inside to calm them before they made it worse in their struggles, before she was finally able to pull the net off.

Raven found herself staring down at 5 little fox-like pokémon that had light brown fur, white furry chests and long puffy bushy tails, stood on the ground, giving themselves a light shake to get rid of the feeling the net had left on them, before 10 pairs of black eyes stared up at her in surprise and apprehension.

"Hey don't look at me. I'm not the one who set that trap." Raven said defensively as she stared back at them, meeting their eyes. "Hey are you guys okay now? Nothing broken right?" she asked.

"Uiiii!" they all said nodding their heads in

"That's good." Raven said distractedly as she thought at the same time. 'What are they? I haven't seen these yet. But they don't look that powerful, though' she wondered as she quickly yanked out her pokédex and pointed it at one of them, as they made their way towards her.

*EEVEE, THE EVOLUTION POKÉMON. IT CAN EVOLVE INTO ONE OF THREE TYPES, DEPENDING ON WHICH STONE IS USED ON IT. A WATER STONE WILL GIVE A VAPOREON, THE BUBBLEJET POKÉMON. A THUNDER STONE WILL YIELD JOLTEON, THE ELECTRIC POKÉMON. A FIRE STONE WILL YIELD FLAREON, THE FLAME POKÉMON.*

'Eevee can evolve into three different things?!' Raven thought excitedly to herself. And I have five here. I'll have my choice in all three evolutions if I can catch all of them, now. And their already weak.' she said as she reached into her pockets to pull out her empty pokéballs.

As she was about to stand up, she suddenly felt a strange weight in her lap, and glanced down in shock. As she was deep in thought, four of the Eevee's had climbed into her lap and fallen asleep in exhaustion, and she hadn't even noticed.

"Oh uh..."

To Be Continued