Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginnings ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

DISCLAIMER: All Pokémon characters are property of Nintendo and other big-wig companies. They do not belong to me.

New Beginnings

By: Raven Star

Chapter 2

"Hey! Look at that!"

"Is that a Ponyta?"

"Yeah it is! I never saw one up close before!"

"It looks so cool!"

As they rode through the town, Raven could hear the voices of the townspeople as they gathered around to watch as she and Firestar rode through the streets. Stopping Firestar for a moment to wait for a bicyclist to go bye, the two were surrounded by children who came up to get a closer look at the flame Pokémon and it's rider.

Unused to be around humans just yet, Firestar shied away from the crowd, trying to avoid being touched by all small groping hands, trying to sidestep away, but found there was no more room to move anywhere. Firestar let out a loud whinny of panic as she realized that she was now surrounded.

To Raven's surprise and dismay, Firestar started to flare up, but not enough to actually start burning anyone, as her way to warn off the bystanders, causing the children that had been standing the closest to them to cry out, not in pain but in alarm. Parents rushed forward to grab their children out of harms way from the horse, while shooting Raven chatising looks and comments for not controlling her Pokémon better.

Raven tried to get a better grip on Firestar's mane, but she was already starting to feel the heat burning through her hands. "Woah Firstar! Easy girl! It's ok! Don't panic. Just remain calm ok, Firestar? Everyone just wants to have a look at you that's all." Raven said cajolingly as she finally managed to calm Firestar down. Turning back to the crowd, she gave them a sheepish grin. "Sorry everyone, but she's still not used to being around other humans that much yet. And..." her voice trails off as she hears the sound of police sirens getting closer.

Turning her head to look up the street, she spots a uniformed cop barreling down the street on a motorcycle that had a sidecar attached to it. The cop looked to be a few feet taller than herself, with short spikey blue hair sticking out from under a blue and red cap, and was wearing a skirt-style uniform that resembled the uniform of the French police. Raven immediately recognized the officer as one of the many Officer Jenny's that seemed to be in every town she'd been to.

Officer Jenny began waving off the crowd and said in firm, commanding tones for them to disperse. When the crowd backed off, she turned to Raven and her Ponyta. "Hold it right there young lady! You can't go around riding a Ponyta through the streets. And from the looks of that Ponyta, it's not completely tamed yet. Your going to have to put it back into it's pokéball."

Raven slightly cringed at the reproach she was getting, but agreed to the request. "I'm sorry about that, Officer Jenny." Raven said as she slid first her backpack to the ground a few feet away from Firestar, then slid herself off of Firestar's back, while at the same time she pulled out Firestar's pokéball as she hit the ground. "Firestar return!"

"But why can't I ride her through the streets?" Raven asked as she pocketed the pokéball, and turned to face Officer Jenny once more. "We weren't doing anything wrong were we?"

"No but she would have caused major traffic jams in the city if you rode her, including drawing the attention of any of the local Pokémon thieves that seem to be hanging out around here. Not to mention it looked like she's too jumpy around people and is liable to burn somebody if they get too close to her."

"Well, I'm sorry about that." Raven said as she looked away a blush creeping into her cheeks. "May I go now? I need to find a place to stay the night.

"Sure. Just as soon as I see some ID." Jenny said as she held out a hand.

Raven fished through her coat pockets until her hand came in contact with her pokédex. Pulling it out she flips it open to immediately display her id as she hands it to Officer Jenny.

*RAVEN STAR. SHE IS A REGISTERED POKÉMON TRAINER FROM PEWTER CITY.*

The policewoman nodded as she handed it back to Raven. "Sorry about that, but I'm just going through the standard procedures, and making sure that all trainers coming into town with Pokémon are who they say they are." she said with a salute as she heads back towards her motorcycle as the crowds finally disperse to head on home.

As Raven gets ready to continue on her way to the Pokémon center, she glances once more back at Officer Jenny, and her eyes catches sight of what she had missed before while she had been talking to the policewoman. Lying down inside the sidecar was a large puppy with red and gold coloring in it's fur. The puppy stared drowsily towards her for a few moments before laying it's head back down to drift back to sleep.

Pulling out her pokédex once more, she points it towards the puppy, and the mechanical voice came up.

*GROWLITH, A PUPPY POKÉMON OF THE FIRE ELEMENT. IT HAS A PLAYFUL DEMEANOR AND IT PROTECTS ITS TERRITORY BY DRIVING AWAY ENEMIES WITH BARKS AND BITES.*

"Kawaii!" she exclaimed as the motorcycle pulled away from the corner and disappears into traffic. Shaking her head she turns around to continue on her way.

~10 Minutes Later~

After leaving her pokéballs at the Pokémon Center to get a checkup and be refreshed. Raven had left the center to go to the local grocery store to pick up some more food and supplies with the money she had saved up, and then got checked out the last available room in the local hotel.

Stopping off at a Burger King, she bought a 2 hamburgers, a small fries and a medium milkshake which she left up in her hotel room while she went back to the center to see if her Pokémon were ready.

Stepping through the doors of the center, she notices that the clinic is completely empty of patrons. Not even the waiting room where some trainers could bed down for the night was full. Raven walked up to the front desk to ring the bell on the counter. Within moments, Nurse Joy came bustling into the room as cheerful as ever followed by two Chansey.

"Oh!" Nurse Joy exclaimed as she spotted Raven. "Your back."

"Yeah. I wanted to know if my Pokémon are ready to go yet?" Raven asked as her eyes roamed across the room.

"Oh yes they've been ready for the last 5 minutes." Nurse Joy said as she turned to speak to one of the Chansey's, who turned and headed back through the doorway that lead to the back of the center. "I must say, though. Your the first trainer I've met who's brought in not only a Ponyta, but also a small family of Mew too." Nurse Joy said just as Chansey returned with Raven's pokéballs. "Up until I saw yours, I always thought that Mews were extinct."

Taking her pokéballs from the tray and sticking them into her pockets, Raven gave Nurse Joy a strange look, as she turned away. "Um.. Thanks for treating my Pokémon. And I guess I was just lucky to find 4 live ones out in the forest, I guess." she said as started to walk towards the front doors.

"Wait." Nurse Joy called after Raven causing her to stop just as she was almost out the front door, as Nurse Joy rounded around the counter, to move in front of Raven. "This is a scientific discovery of the lifetime. Mew is the rarest of all Pokémon because nobody has ever seen them in centuries they were thought to be extinct. Your four may be proof that there may still be some alive in the world."

"So?" Raven said as she turned her full attention on Nurse Joy. "What's that got to do with me?" she asked casually while shrugging her shoulders, as she tried to move around Nurse Joy to continue on her way out the door.

"If it would be okay with you, I would like to study one of your Mews more thoroughly, to find out what I can about this species of Pokémon." Nurse Joy said in a calm demeanor, her usual smile on her features as she spoke, while following Raven out the door. "So that I will know how to treat one if someone else brought another one into the clinic."

"Sorry, but I'm not staying in the city any longer than I have to. I came here only to have my Pokémon treated and a place to stay." Raven said indifferently as she stopped for a few moments outside the door. "Once I've challenged the Pokémon gym tomorrow, and get my next badge I'm out of here." she said as she walked down the steps and disappeared into the night.

~Later~

After eating her dinner, Raven climbed onto the soft bed of the hotel room she had checked out for the next couple of nights, as lays down on the mattress. "What a night. I'm going to straight to bed you guys." she said as she glance around the room at her 'roomates'.

Most of her Pokémon (with the exception of Firestar, Nightshadow, Windancer, and Aries (Aries is the name I'm giving the Spearow Raven has) were scattered around the room, some finding places to sleep in corners of the room.

Stryker, Lily, and Venus, and Apollo had all found a comfortable spot to sleep on the couch and were already sound asleep, after their long day. While Trinity was curled up at the foot of the bed, her tail curling and uncurling lazily as she lies on the bed, dozing, with Saphire and Stardust curled up next to her in between her legs, already sound asleep.

Daimon and Angel were both wide awake seemed to be playing a game of tag as they flew across the room in small bubbles, with Daimon chasing after Angel as she tried to get away.

After 5 minutes of watching the two in their game, Raven finally calls over them telling them that it was time to go to bed, since they all had a long day ahead of them tomorrow, and the the two were settled in on the bed, they were all soon asleep.

* * *

The Next day

Getting up bright and early the next morning, after getting dressed and eating a quick breakfast, Raven headed in the direction of the Viridian City Pokémon Gym, with Trinity walking languidly beside her, with a bored expression on her feline features.

On her arrival at the gym, her eyes take in the outside. The entrance of the gym resembled an archway from the history books of buildings from Ancient Rome, with two sentry guards wearing armour and holding sharp metal pikes in their hands as they stood at attention.

As Raven walked up the steps to the gym entrance, she was about to just walk right past the sentry's only to stop dead in her tracks as they both turned around to block her path with their pikes crossing over each other, as they blocked the door.

"Hold it right there, miss." one of the sentry's stated as he faced Raven with a stern look. "Where do you think your going?" he demanded.

"I'm here to challenge the gym leader for a Pokémon badge, what else?" Raven said as she stared back at him defiantly, Trinity standing next to her and giving both guards a dark glare. "Now can you guys please get out of my way so I can go in?"

"Mewor!" Trinity complained as she stared up at the guards.

"Sorry. No more than one trainer at a time is allowed into the stadium to challenge the gym leader." the second guard said as he relaxed his hold and moved back into place.

"The gym leader is currently fighting another trainer than arrived a few moments before you did, so you will have to wait your turn until the battle is over. So go take a seat." the first guard concluded, before both guards completely ignored her now.

"But..." Raven began, but seeing that there was no way to sway the guards, Raven turned around with an frustrated unladylike huff, as she walked over to a stone pillar and sits down in a nearby chair to wait, with Trinity lying down on the ground at her feet.

As she waited she saw a red sports converible pull up to the sidewalk in the street below, a group of girls wearing skimpy outfits and pompoms in their hands climbed out, followed by a young boy with long spikey brown hair. Even from where she sat she could see the smug look on his face as he climbed up the steps followed by the girls who were cheering him on nonstop.

Watching Gary and his fanclub reach the top of the steps, Raven smirks as the stranger recieved the same treatment she had gotten on her arrival, and get turned away before he could even step through the door.

Turning around with an angry scowl on his features, Gary Oak looked around the small area for the seats that the guards had told him to use, when his eyes spot Raven and Trinity sitting nearby. A bright smile crossed Gary's mouth as he started over towards Raven and takes seat next to her, while the cheerleaders also take a seat.

"Hi. I'm Gary Oaks" Gary said in greeting.

"Raven Star." Raven said, half listening to what Gary was saying.

"So you got left out here too while the gym leader battles another challenger, eh?" Gary asked, sounding friendly as he sat there. "Been waiting here long?"

"Nope. I just got here" Raven said, not turning her attention to Gary as she crossed her arms over her chest, keeping her eyes on the main entrance for the first sign of it opening up.

Just, then the doors open, and a young boy wearing a striped shirt and baseball cap came stumbling out the doors. He looked slightly dazed as he stumbled out of the gym.

Both Raven and Gary stood up to rush over to the boy to help him as he got his bearings. "Hey are you okay?" Raven demanded as she stared at the boys face.

"I'm fine. I just had the wind knocked out of me." the boy wheezed as he tried to stand up without their help, he made his way down the stairs, while shouting over his shoulder "If you guys are going in there to challenge the gym leader, don't! He's got some kind of monster in there. And it could get your pokémon hurt or worse!" he shouted as he made his way out across the streets

Raven and Gary just watched as the other boy made his way out of sight. As the two shared a glance, they both jump in fright as one of the guards come up behind them.

"Next challenger," he bellows.

* * *

Raven stepped into a darkened arena that resembled more like a gladiator stadium. Looking around the barely lit arena, she couldn't see the gym leader anywhere.

"Welcome young lady to my gym." a voice called from somewhere above. "I believe you are here to challenge me to a Pokémon battle for the Earth Badge?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm here for. If I win your Earth Badge it's going to be my 6th one." Raven's said as her eyes scanned the barely lit bleachers above her for where the voice was coming from, before finally coming to a stop at the front of the arena, where she could make out two outlined shapes. "Seeing how easy the last five gyms were, I figure this would be a snap." she said with a shrug.

Laughter rang out through the arena. "Don't be so overconfident, kid." the voice said as the lights came on showing an older man sitting in a chair in the bleachers. Next to him was a Persian that lying on the floor watching her lazily as his master scratched it's head. "I am Giovanni, the Viridian City Gym Leader. And who may I say it is I'm addressing?"

"The names Raven." Raven said smugly as she took a step forward. "So can we start the Pokémon battle or what?" she demanded impatiently.

"Fine by me." Giovanni said as he stood up from his chair, followed by the Persian as they both walked to the edge of the balcony to peer down. "The rules of battle are as goes. Both of us shall use three Pokémon a piece. The one with the most remaining Pokémon left wins. Agreed?"

"Okay. So let's go already!" she said as she looked down at her side, where Trinity stood ready for battle, and gave the Persian a slight nod. "My first Pokémon will be my Persian, Trinity!"

"ReowR!" Trinity cried as she ran forward and took her place on their side of the arena.

"Reowr?" Giovanni's Persian's ears and eyes perked up as he caught sight of the female Persian that stepped into the arena, but was stopped from doing anything by Giovanni's restraining hand and firm glance, and Persian settled back down. "Meowr..."

Taking one last glance at his Persian, Giovanni turned back towards the arena as he pulls out a Pokéball, and tosses it into the arena. "My first Pokémon that I have choosen shall be..." he began as the Pokéball popped open. "Cloyster."

As the pokéball opened, a large spiked shelled Pokémon appeared before them with it's shell closed. The shell slowly opens to reveal a large black orb with with evil eyes and a mouth. "Cloyster! Cloy..." it cried as it faced it's opponets.

"Cloyster? I haven't seen that one yet." Raven said as she pulled out her pokédex as Cloyster appeared, and pointed it towards the shelled Pokémon to get some information on in.

*CLOYSTER, THE SHELLFISH POKÉMON OF THE WATER ELEMENT, AND THE EVOLVED FORM OF SHELLDER. IT'S HARD SHELL CAN WITHSTAND ANY PHYSICAL ATTACKS OF ANY KIND, AND IT'S STRONGEST ATTACK IS THE AURORA BEAM.*

"Trini, whatever you do, watch out for it's aurora beam at all costs!" Raven shouted as she put her pokédex back into her pocket.

"Reowr, meow" Trinity said as she glanced back at her mistress over her shoulder, giving her a slight nod.

"The match will begin now." Giovanni called as he returned to his seat. "Cloyster, tackle attack!"

"Cloyster!" Cloyster called, it's shell closing as it charged towards Trinity at breakneck speed.

"Trinity, agility attack!!!" Raven shouted.

Trinity ran towards Cloyster, leaping out of the incoming attack, and landing on the other side as Cloyster stopped and reverses directions, only to have Trinity dodge it's attack once more.

"That's enough Cloyster, Aurora beam." Giovanni shouted, getting fed up with what was happening.

"Cloyster, cloy..." Cloyster said as his shell opens up once more. Cloyster stood there, facing Trinity silently as he began glowing with a red light.

"What the heck?!" Raven exclaimed as she pulled out her pokédex once more and points it at Cloyster.

*RAGE ATTACK, CLOYSTER USES THE RAGE ATTACK TO POWER UP FOR A MORE POWERFUL ATTACK ON IT'S OPPONET.*

"Damn!" Raven said as she as she faced Trinity who was beginning to look worried now. "Trinity finish this now, before Cloyster finishes powering up!" Raven shouted. "THUNDERBOLT ATTACK, NOW!!!"

"Thunderbolt attack?!" Giovanni exclaimed. 'Persian's can't do electric attacks.' he thought to himself, moments before his eyes widen in shock at the sight happening below. Even his own Persian was startled as it watched the battle.

Trinity's body arched as her head read back, as she let out a loud yowl. The red gem on her forehead glowed brightly followed by her eyes, before her eyes snapped back to face Cloyster who was just finishing with the power up. Bolts of electricity arched from her body shooting straight for Cloyster

"CLOYYYYYYYYYYY...." Cloyster cried out in pain, as the bolts of electricity struck the water Pokémon. The force of the attack sends Cloyster flying across the arena to slam into one of the walls, leaving an indent in the wall. Cloyster slides to the ground eyes swirling around in spirals, unconscious. "....sterrrrrrr......"

Raven lets out a loud cheer as she ran across the arena to where Trinity was still standing, washing herself with her tongue, and swept the Persian into a tight hug around her neck. "Great job, Trinity." she said giving the Persian an extra hug.

"Cloyster return." Giovanni said, as the pokémon quickly returned to it's pokéball. 'Impossible. How can a Persian be able to do electric attacks?? They have no special powers whatsoever, and yet that Persian was able to do it.' he thought to himself as he watched the pair below, before a slow smile spread on his features as he looked towards the Persian once more. 'I must have that Persian, and discover how that girl was able to teach it how to do electric attacks like she did.' he thought before clearing his throat to get their attention.

Seeing the look on Giovanni's face, Raven gives Trinity one last hug, before turning around to head back to her spot on the other side of the arena.

"The next battle will begin now." he said as he pulled out another pokéball from his front shirt pocket. "Go, Kadabra!" he shouted as he tossed the pokéball.

"Kadabra!" Kadabra cried as he appeared from his pokéball, as it faced the Persian before it, it's spoon held aloft in it's right hand. It silently waited for it's next orders from it's trainer.

"Kadabra. Trinity do fury swipes!" Raven shouted.

Trinity immediately charged forward, her claws extended as she leaped towards Kadabra slashing out with her paws

"Teleport." Giovanni said.

"Kadabra!" Kadabra cried as he suddenly disappeared from where he was moments before Trinity struck, causing the Persian to hit nothing but air, and hits the floor hard.

Kadabra reappeared floating in the air a few feet above Trinity, it's eyes staring down cruely at her as she struggled back to her feet.

"Finish it, Kadabra. Disable."

Kadabra's eyes glowed brightly, his arms extended outwards as he points them towards Trinity.

"REOWRRRR?!!" Trinity cried as she suddenly found herself being lifted off the floor. She struggles against the invisible force that is holding her to no avail.

As Kadabra uses it's psychic attack, the spoon in it's hand bends forward, and with a fling of both hands, Trinity is sent flying across the arena, hitting the ground head first, a few feet from Raven, out cold.

"Trini!!!" Raven cried as she rushed over to her cat to check her out for any more serious injuries. Seeing that Trinity was only unconscious, Raven scowled up at Giovanni as she pulled out Trinity's pokéball and called her back.

"Ready to call it quits yet, Miss Raven?" Giovanni said, a smug look on his features. "I don't think you have any type of Pokémon that can beat a Kadabra." he said as he stared down at her.

"Don't count me out yet, mister." Raven muttered under her breath as she quickly pulled out another pokéball, she looked down at it in concentration. "I've got something here that can beat your Kadabra any day!" she shouted as she threw the pokéball into the arena. "GO NIGHTSHADOW!" she shouted.

The pokéball immediately popped open to release Nightshadow, Raven's ghost pokémon known as a Gengar.

"Gengar!" Nightshadow called as he flexed his small arms playfully.

"A Gengar?" Giovanni said thoughtfully, both surprised and impressed that Raven had been able to capture a ghost pokémon in her travels, and was actually able to control it. "How interesting. I never thought that I would see one of those be used in battle."

"Can we get on with it already??" Raven demanded impatiently as she watched Giovanni.

Giovanni simply nodded his head before turning towards his Kadabra. "Kadabra, Psybeam."

Kadabra quickly first of a bolt of psychic energy towards Gengar, who immediately became intangible, and the attack immediatly passed right through him with out a scratch.

"Gengar, gar, gar, gen..." Gengar let out a sharp chortling laugh as he took in the fun of what was going on, as he hit Kadabra with a Confuse Ray attack from behind, that hit Kadabra dead on, staggering him.

"Nightshadow, nightshade attack!." Raven ordered, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched the Kadabra's every move.

"Gengar!" Nightshadow cried as he raised his paws in front of himself. Swirling circles of light filled his hands, growing larger with each passing second, before he fired the beams of energy towards Kadabra.

Nightshadow's attack hits Kadabra head on, sending him flying backwards and hitting the ground hard, knocked out cold.

"Kadabra, return." Giovanni shouted as he recalled Kadabra. As he looked down at Kadabra's pokéball in disgust for a few moments, while Raven cheered Nightshadow on from below.

Turning his attention back to the arena, as he took a seat in his lounge chair, Giovanni frowned down at the girl below, slightly impressed at how she was doing for a rookie trainer. Knowing full well that he was down to one pokémon left, he decides to bring out his secret weapon.

"That was pretty good, Miss Raven." Giovanni began, his tones not betraying anything as he spoke. "Cloyster and Kadabra were just the warmups for this challenge, to see if you may be worthy of going up against a special type of pokémon I have in my possession." he said smugly. "Are you and your pokémon up to the challenge?"

Turning away from Nightshadow, Raven stared back up at Giovanni. "Bring it on!" Raven shouted her hand clutched into a fist as she stared up defiantly at Giovanni, "We can handle anything you can throw at us."

"Oh I don't think so. But since you insist..." Giovanni said as he slid back a small compartment hidden under the cushion on the armrest of the chair he sat on, and pushed a button, and a loud whirring sound could be heard through the arena.

As Raven and Nightshadow watched, underneath the balcony where Giovanni was seated, a wall slowly slid down into the floor, revealing a tall, human-sized strange pokémon wearing armor standing on the other side. As she looked closer, all she could see of it's face was were it's eyes, which were glowing a bright blue color.

But what caught her attention was the creature's tail, which she recognized immediately as belonging to one type of pokémon that she knew of. Looking down at Nightshadow, she could see from it's expression that Nightshadow had recognized it too from the startled glance it was giving her.

As she fumbled through her pockets for her pokédex, she thought frantically to herself. 'No way! It's way too big. It can't be a...' as she finally located her pokédex and pulled it out to point it at the new pokémon. The mechanical voice of the pokédex came up immediately.

*THERE IS NO KNOWN DATA ON THIS SPECIES OF POKÉMON. IT IS BELIEVED TO BE A BRAND NEW SPECIES. NO FURTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE*

"No known species?! This is not the time to be telling me this." Raven shouted as she looked like she was ready to strangle the pokédex but thought better of it.

Giovanni's chuckle rang out through the arena "May I present to you my strongest Pokémon, Mewtwo." he said smugly.

'Mewtwo?...' Raven thought as she looked back towards Mewtwo, her eyes meeting with it's own, in surprise and a little fear. 'Mew' she thought out. She could almost feel Mewtwo's surprise at the thought that entered it's mind as it's glowing eyes focused on her from under it's helmet. But Raven turned away to talk to Nightshadow.

"Are you ready to take up the challenge or do you back down and forfeit the match?" Giovanni demanded impatiently, his arms crossed over his chest as he frowned down at Raven and Nightshadow.

"We're ready, whenever you are, old man." Raven said cooly, but worry could be heard in her voice as she glanced back at Mewtwo, then at Nightshadow who only nodded his head in agreement, before disappearing and reappearing in the ring to begin the next battle.

"Then let us begin now. Mewtwo attack."

"Nightshadow, night shade attack."

"Gengar! Gengar gar gengar gen ar!" Nighshadow shouted, as he released another nightshade attack towards Mewtwo.

Before the attack can even reach Mewtwo, Mewtwo's eyes glow brighter than before as it raised one arm up, creating a barrier around itself. Nightshadow's nightshade attack hits the barrier, spreading out across it, getting ready to disipate, then all of a sudden it started to reform itself into a larger ball of energy, that quickly hurled itself away from the barrier heading straight for Nightshadow!

"Gengar!" Nightshadow cried as he tried to teleport out of the way, but only to find himself unable to do so for some reason enough as his own attack hit him head on, sending him flying backwards to crash near where Raven, out cold.

"Nightshadow!" Raven cried out as she stared in shock at her downed pokémon in horror.

"That was too easy." Giovanni said, laughter in his voice as he watched as Raven rushed over to inspect her Gengar. "I'll advise you to give up now, before your last pokémon gets hurt."

Raven's eyes were shadowed as she recalled Nightshadow into his pokéball, as she turned around to face Giovanni and Mewtwo, her eyes showing anger in them. "I'm not through yet. I've still got an ace up my sleeve." she said as she glanced towards Mewtwo, and she can see his eyes focused once more directly at her, as she pulled out another pokéball.

"Oh? And what do you have in that pokéball that could make a difference?" Giovanni asked as he watched Raven's movements, 'it looked like she recognized Mewtwo somehow. But how can that be, unless..'

'I promised myself that I wouldn't use him unless I really needed to, but it looks like now is a good time as any, to break that promise.' she thought to herself as she gripped the pokéball in one hand. "This is how!" she said after hesitating for a moment before throwing the pokéball into the air and into the arena. "Go, Daimon!"

"MEW!!!" Daimon cried as the pokéball popped open, immediatly releasing him from it's confines. Daimon floated in the air for a few moments getting his bearings as he looked around the room, before his saphire eyes settled on Mewtwo, who was just staring at him with wide eyes.

"'You are a Mew?'" a telepathic voice called out, a questioning tone in it's voice. Raven immediately realized that the voice was coming from Mewtwo, who was speaking psychically, his voice carried throughout the room as if he was speaking verbally instead of telepathically.

"Mew? Mew ew mew ewwww mewwww." (Yes? I'm Daimon. Who or what are you?) Daimon asked sending out a psychic message for Mewtwo's ears only, as he floated closer towards Mewtwo to get a better look at the strange pokémon. "Mew? Mew?" (Your a Mew like me? But your bigger than me. How?) he demanded as he frowned at Mewtwo.

"'I am Mewtwo. I was not born like you were. I was created by humans from dna of a fossilized eyebrow of a Mew. I was created to be more powerful than the original one.'"

"Mew?" (Mewtwo?) Daimon asked, as he started

"A Mew! And a black one at that." Giovanni's thoughts were going crazy within his mind as his mouth had nearly dropped down to the floor as he stared at the black Mew that was in the arena. He couldn't take his eyes off of it for a few moments before finally closing his jaw, as it looked like Mewtwo and Mew were now talking.

"Mewtwo! Your supposed to be fighting that Mew. Stop talking to it and fight." he demanded tersely

Mewtwo's eyes narrowed from under his visor as he glared up at Giovanni, "'No'" he said angrily, his voice can be heard throughout the arena as he glanced back at Daimon. "'I refuse to fight with a Mew. I am forfeiting the match.'

"Mew?" (Why?) Daimon asked.

"You can't do that!" Giovanni shouted as he frowned down at Mewtwo in concentration.

"'I can and I just did.'" Mewtwo said as he took a step backwards. "'I believe that since I was the last of your pokémon to loose this challenge, Raven wins. She get's your earth badge.'" he sent as he floated back through the doors where he had come from, not before sending a parting shot to Daimon and Raven. "'We'll meet again, you two.'"

"Mewtwo!" Giovanni shouted as he turned to head through some doors that led to the labs below.

"HEY! What about my badge!" Raven called out as she approached the balcony. "Mewtwo's right! Since your pokémon refused to fight, I get the badge since he was the last one you sent out!"

With a fierce growl, Giovanni turned back around and picked up one of the Earth badges that were lying in a box next to his chair and tossed it down to her. "Take it and get out." he snapped at her, before disapearing through the doors.

Recalling Daimon back into his pokéball, Raven turned towards the front doors, she examines her new badge in awe, watching as the silver light shone through it, pleased at their success in getting the badge, but curious why Mewtwo had outright refused to battle Daimon when he had the chance.

~Elsewhere in the Gym~

Giovanni left the sealed off area where Mewtwo was being kept, after loosing the argument he had started with Mewtwo. Angry at Mewtwo's disobedience, Giovanni stormed out of the room where he made his way back to the battle arena to face his next challenger.

'I shouldn't have lost my temper like that in the first place. But the sight of that Mew has me upset.' Giovanni thought, as he walked back. 'Where did she find one, and why was it black, instead of the normal pink-gray colors it's supposed to be. I need to find the best choice operatives to go in to steal that girls pokémon and bring them here for my collection.'

* * *

~Later that Night~

Coming back from a late dinner, Raven was on her way back to her hotel to spend one last night in Viridian City before continuing on her way. Earlier that day she had heard on the news that the Viridian City Gym had been completely destroyed in an explosion right after she had left with her new badge in tow, and that police believed that Team Rocket had been involved in the destruction.

As Raven made her way back to her hotel room that night, with Daimon curled up on her neck, sound asleep as they walked back to their hotel. Trinity walked languidly next to her, shuffling her paws on the pavement as they walked

Just then Trinity stopped in midstep, her ears perking up as her fur standing on in as she stared off into a darkened ally, a snarl escaping past her lips as she stared intently at the alley.

Raven had kept walking, not noticing that Trinity had stopped, until she heard the Persian's feline snarl. Turning back around she see's her Persian staring into an alley. "Trinity what is it girl?" Raven asked as she walked back towards her cat Pokémon. Before jumping turning her attention back towards the alley just as strange and eery music began. "Who's in there?! Show yourself!" she demanded.

Harsh and sinister laughter could be heard coming from the alley, moments before Raven saw movement. Jumping back in surprise, she watched as two figures appeared from the darkness.

A boy and a girl who looked to be only a few years older than her jumped out of the shadows. They both wore matching black uniforms that bore a large red 'R' down the front of their shirts. The girl black hair with green highlights in them with blue eyes, her hair reached down to her knees tied back into a ponytail; the boy with short cropped silver hair that reached slightly down his neck, his green eyes seemed to shimmer.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And you better believe it's going to be double!"

"To subject the world through horror and devastation!"

"To conquer the people in every nation!"

"Destroying all of the goodness of truth and love!"

"To extend our rule to the heavens above!"

"Sundance!" The girl announced.

"Kid!" The boy followed.

"Team Rocket, blowing away all good within our sight!"

"Surrender now for it is useless to fight!"

"Golem!"a rock type Pokémon appeared in front of them. It looked like a walking boulder with arms and legs and and the head of a turtle sticking out of the front.

"What do you guys want?" Raven demanded as she faced Sundance and Kidd.

"Easy little girl. We want that Mew and Persian!" Sundance shouted a smug look on her face as she sneered at Raven while eyeing Daimon gleefully. "Now hand it over along with the rest of your Pokémon, unless you want to get hurt!" she demanded as she waited

"Better do what we say kid, or else we'll have you crawling home to your mommy." Kidd said sarcastically as he glanced towards her.

"Not on your afterlife!" Raven shouted while frowning at the two thieves, Raven is about to whip out her pokéballs and throws them at the them to to release her pokémon.

To Be Continued

Author's Notes:

Alright so I got a little lazy in writing some scenes in this story but I couldn't think of anything to write at the time for the 'conversation' between Mewtwo and Daimon.

I want to use that name for this Team Rocket group. Hah! It looks like the Sundance Kid's name is the only Old West gunslinger who's name hasn't been used yet in any fanfics.

And before anyone asks, yes this chapter takes place the day where the Giovanni's Pokémon gym gets blown up at the end by Jessie and James.