Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ School With A Hint Of Fighting ❯ Lanna's Wind and Kanna's Mirror ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

School With A Hint Of Fighting

By: Mezuno: Anime Reader

Chapter 2

Lanna's Wind And Kanna's Mirror

It was the second day of school, it was also a Wednesday. The first day of Cheerleading Try-outs and Battling Try-outs. The Soccer Try-outs would be on following day. Ash had just opened the door to his homeroom, Pikachu sitting on his head again. They entered the room, walking to their seat in the back of the room. Ash took off his backpack, taking out his pencil case and books. He looked up, seeing the two sisters from yesterday. "Hi, you're Ash Ketchum, right?" the girl with bright greyish hair that was a little longer than shoulder-length. Her dark blue eyes could easily be mistaken for black. Seeing this made chills run up Ash's spine. He nodded slowly, then turned to the other girl. "I'm Lanna, and this is Kanna. We were wondering.... Would you like to battle us in a two-on-two battle at the battle team try-outs? We could really use the practice..." the second girl spoke, she had short dark brown hair. She had bright purple eyes, her purple skort and hot pink sleeveless really matched perfectly. Ash grinned, "Sure, that'd be cool! I can use more battles to level my Pokemon up!" Lanna smiled, and Kanna just grinned with a hint of evil. "After school, we'll see if you can stand up to my mirror..." Kanna spoke, turning around and walking back to her desk. "Huh? Mirror....?" Ash asked himself out loud. Lanna chuckled to herself, "If you can stand up to Kanna's Mirror, can you stand up to my wind? Hah hah!" She walked over to her desk in front of Kanna, sitting down and taking out a binder with a picture of a very well drawn Pidgeot on the front. Ash blinked, when Lanna said wind, did she mean the wind of a Pidgeot? Was she thinking of using Gust and Whirlwind when they were to battle? Ash's head began to hurt, he was trying to think of Kanna's mirror at the same time. Then it hit him, his eyes widened. Mirror Move, he thought, a move that copies the what the opponent's Pokemon used for an attack.

"All right, Class! Today we're switching classes to meet the other teachers. Now get into a line like yesterday, and you can enter the next room." Mrs. Lorelei announced, the class immediately doing as they were told. Ash was at the very back of the line this time, he wanted to keep an eye on Lanna and Kanna, but he also had to keep watch on Gary. Oh boy, this is gonna be a long day, he thought.

Once they entered the next room, they took a seat where they wanted. A very tall, and old looking teacher entered the room. She stood at the front of the room, and she then spoke, "Hello, I'm Mrs. Tyler. I'll be your History Of Pokemon teacher. We'll be doing many assignments during the time we have together. I know that many of you are in the Pokemon League, so when the Silver Conference time comes, the Magnet Train will take you all to Kanto's Saffron City. From there you can fly to Virdian City, and if you go to the west of the town, you'll see a rather large building. That is the entrance to Victory Road, and to Mount Silver. We'll be studing a lot about Mount Silver and the Pokemon that can be found there." the teacher spoke, pushing her glasses higher on her nose. Lanna's hand was raised, and Mrs. Tyler said, "Yes, you in the pink shirt." "Mrs. Tyler, will we be learning about the great Pokemon of the past? I hear that a man once road a Pidgeot into a Hurricane, and a wild Pidgeotto flew into a human war!" Lanna spoke, much interest in her own voice. "Well... Yes, we will.... Yes! We'll start on that tomorrow! Now today....." Mrs. Tyler began, she was asking everyone to introduce themselves. Yup, Ash's prediction of this being a long day would probably come true.

After half an hour passed, they finally switched to the next class. In Mrs. Tyler's class, they had only said their names and then began reading about past winners of the Johto League. They each chose a seat, and then faced the front of the class. The teacher got up from her chair, she wore a long purple dress that had small white roses on it. Her penny red hair was curled in a bun, and her grey-brown eyes would stare at the whole class, "Welcome to Language Arts, we'll mostly be doing art in here, and lots of creative writing. We'll learn to write letters and to use punctuation correctly. And my name is Miss. Pena." Lanna's eyes lit up, her dream was to indeed be in the Pokemon League, but it was also to be an Author to tell about her encounters with other Pokemon. She'd even write childrens books if she had correct ideas to make them. Kanna's sighed, she didn't like any of the teachers so far, Mrs. Lorelei was just annoying to her. Ash, on the other hand, grinned. He could picture himself cutting out and coloring a small Pikachu picture. "Now, I'll need a while to try and remember your names, so shall we do an introduction?" Mrs. Pena spoke, this wasn't really a question. The whole class moaned, they had all ready did their introductions twice. Would they have to do it all day long? "I know, you're tired of saying who you are. But hey, look on the bright side! At least you'll never forget who you are! Hah hah hah hah!!" Mrs. Pena laughed, not many of the students laughed. Just then, the door opened, a pretty tall boy entered the classroom. He walked over to Mrs. Pena, whispering, "I'm a new student to Mrs. Lorelei's class." "Oh! Well, take a seat, we're about to tell about who we are." Mrs. Pena answered. The boy took a seat next to Lanna, Kanna sat in front of her, and Gary sat in front of the new guy.

"All right, why don't we start now? We'll start with the boy who just walked in." Mrs. Pena spoke, looking at him. The boy stood up, his bright brown hair glittered a bit, he must have used a bit of gel, "My name is Brendan Wisteria, and I guess you can call me a Pokemon Watcher and Sketcher." Lanna smiled, maybe there was finally a person with the same interests as her in the world. Mrs. Pena told everyone that they'd go by groups, so Lanna was next. "I'm Lanna Guilar and I'm a Master Bird Sketcher. Just take a look at the Pidgeot I drew!" she spoke, pulling out her binder, showing the picture to everyone in front of her. Everyone looked at the picture, it looked almost as if it were realy, but they knew it wasn't. Lanna put it away and sat down, they continued with introductions. Ash sighed, wondering when the day would finally be over.

The day seemed to most definately slowly crawl by, Ash was so happy when he heard the end of school bell. His mom only packed him a few riceballs, but it wasn't enough to fill him up. Ash simply had to try and make it to the Battle Team try-outs. After all, he made a promise to Lanna and Kanna. Try-outs were being held in the 4th courtyard, you wouldn't believe how many courtyards there were! Ash finally found the Battle Field by following, or rather stalking, Gary. Ash just popped out of nowhere when the coach called his name, "Here!" The coach grinned, putting his clipboard under his arm, "OK, we'll have to see who's a good trainer and who's not. We'll decide this by doing two-on-two battles. Now everyone, pick a partner!" Richie approuched Ash, "Hey Ash, want to tad-team 'em?" "Pika Pikachu!" Sparky piped with a hoping tone. Ash and his own Pikachu laughed, then Ash spoke, "Well hey, how can we say no?" Pikachu jumped off of Ash's shoulder, and so did Sparky. The two friends jumped up and down in front of each other. Their trainer laughed, then approuched the battle field since they were the first to fight. Lanna and Kanna were on the other side of the battle field, they both had determined looks and their faces, but so did Richie and Ash. The coach looked at both teams, then raised the two flags he held, "Begin!"

"All right! Let's Go, Pikachu!" Ash yelled, Pikachu jumping into the field with a "PiKA!" "You're Up Too, Sparky!" Richie exclaimed, Sparky bouncing over to Pikachu's side. Lanna and Kanna grinned, both taking out a pokeball, "Go! Flyer And Skyer!" A large, unusual colored Pidgeot and a glittering Skarmory popped out of the balls. Ash and Richie gasped at the shocking yellow colored Pidgeot, where had Lanna caught it?! Ash shook off the thought, then commanded, "Pikachu! Thundershock!" "You Too, Sparky!" Richie yelled, following Ash's lead. The two Pikachus jumped up, a massive amount electricity being released from their small bodies, "PiiikaaaaCHUUUUUUU!!!!!!" It shocked the two Bird-type Pokemon, it barely effected Skyer the Skarmory, but it was doing a number on Flyer the Pidgeot! At least half of its Health Points was knocked off! "Our Turn!" Lanna exclaimed, "Flyer, Skyer, Take Flight!" The two Pokemon flapped their wings, slowly being lifted off the ground and flying up high. "That won't work to easily! Pikachu! Thunderstorm Attack, Now!" Ash commanded, pointing to the sky. Pikachu nodded, electricity sparks coming from its cheeks. It was storing enough energy to start the attack. Because of Pikachu's high level, it's only obvious that it would learn an attack as strong as this. "Here's Your Chance, Skyer! Steel Wing!" Kanna yelled to Skarmory from the ground. There was a loud "SKAR!!" Then Skarmory flew swiftly towards Pikachu, it's wings glowing. "Not So Fast! Stop It With Thunderbolt!" Richie commanded quickly, Sparky's attack shocking Skarmory out of the sky before it could attack. Skarmory got to its feet again, taking flight once more. Ash looked to Richie with a thankful look, "Thank Richie, I owe ya!" "No Problem! Just as long as Pikachu gets that Thunderstorm attacl goin'... Plus, half of me thinks that Pikachu can't do such a big attack. I thought only Zapdos could do it." Richie spoke, a worried look on his face. "Same here, but I'm hoping that it'll work...." Ash responded, looking back to the battle. Pidgeot had began whipping up a whirlwind, it was going to use Razor Wind. Sparky then used Thunderbolt to try and stop Pidgeot, but Skarmory got in front of it, the attack bouncing off and coming back. Sparky quickly dodged the attack, how did Skarmory do that?! Ash remembered what Kanna said, "Can stand up to my mirror..." He quickly looked to Richie and yelled, "Richie! Skyer's Using Mirror Move!" Richie heard this and nodded, "Thanks Ash!" The two partners were far awat from each other, since this was a two-on-two battle, the two were to stay a bit far apart.

It took almost an eternity, Sparky was getting tired of dodging it's own attacks. Kanna and Lanna smirked, the Razor Wind attack had done much damage to Sparky since it was trying to keep all the attack away from Pikachu. Ash stared at Sparky, then looked to Pikachu, "Pikachu!! ThunderStorm!!" Pikachu slowly nodded, "PiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkaaaaaaaCCCCHHHHUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!" So much electricity was released towards the sky, making the clouds turn black. Lightning flashed and thunder crashed, Pidgeot and Skarmory were flying near the thunder, and they were bunch struck with strong blows of lightning. Skyer tried to use Mirror Move, but the attack was to strong. The poor bird Pokemon were shocked, and fell about 40 or 50 feet to the ground. The coach didn't need to look at the bird Pokemon, he raised the flag at Ash's and Richie's side, "The tad-team of Ash and Richie win!" Ash's frown curled into a smile, he jumped up happily, running to Pikachu. He picked up his exhausted Pikachu, hugging his best friend, "You Did It, Pikachu!" "Pii-Kaa..... Chaaaa....." Pikachu chirped with a half tired, half happy tone. Richie and Sparky approuched Ash and Pikachu, "Ash, I've really gotta hand it to ya. With Pikachu knowing ThunderStorm, there's no way you can lose now!" Ash nodded with a smile, "Thanks Richie, you really helped out, too! Sparky really helped Pikachu store enough energy to do the attack!" Richie gave Ash a thumbs up sign, "I'll see ya later, Ash. I know we're on the team all ready!" After saying this, Richie left with Sparky laying on his head. Ash watched him leave with a smile, this was definately a battle to remember.

After the coach gave Lanna and Kanna a lecture on how to be a better trainer, he rushed over to Ash, "That was incredible! A Pikachu learning ThunderStorm! This is- That is- Ack! I'm Speechless! Anyway, you and Richie are on the team!" "YES!! Thanks Coach! I won't let you down!" Ash declared, making a brave, champion's look.

Let's see what's going on with Misty....

Misty ran, raising her hands and doing a round off, two back flips, then jumping up and doing another one, landing on her feet. "Whoa! Nice!" a biker said, staring at Misty. There was a gang of bikers staring at the Cheerleading and Gymnast girls. "Nice work, Ms. Waterflower. You're on the team, and it's just between you and Serenity Carey for Captain of the Cheerleading Squad. Let's see here...." the coach spoke, looking at his clipboard. He grinned looking up at everyone, "And this year's Cheerleading Captain will be...." A girl with curly, blonde hair stood up, her cold blue eyes were narrowed as she smiled. Misty looked at her, she was probably Serenity Carey. She did really good, and wasn't sure if she'd win against her. "Misty WaterFlower!" A look of dread appeared on Serenity's face, "What?! I Demand A Recount!! I Should Be Team Captain!!" "I'm sorry, Serenity, but Misty did a better job than you did. She landed on her feet, keeping her balance. You on the other hand, landed on your behind." the coach reminded, the others on the squad laughed. Serenity growled, storming away from the field, and the whole school. Misty stood up, smiling at the coach, "Thank you, Coach Bernard! I can tell you now, I will do all I can for the team!" The coach smiled back, "I know you will, Ms. WaterFlower. Now all of you go on home, practice starts on Monday. Misty, you better come up with at least one cheer. See you all on Monday." After hearing this, everybody headed home, but Misty walked to the battling field.

Misty smiled, seeing Ash sitting at a picnic table, Pikachu eatting a riceball that was hidden in Ash's backpack. "Hey Ash, I made it on the squad! How about you? Did you make it in Battle?" she asked with a happy tone, she knew he did. She saw the lightning over the field, and that was what made Malia Longoria trip on her flip. "Yup! And unfortunately, Gary did too!" Ash answered angrily, a hint of growls in his voice. Misty sweatdropped, "Come on, Ash! Can't you just get over it? He'll always be there to step on you! You can't let him do it! Just try to be better than him! I'm sure his Blastoise can't do a spinning Hydro Pump like your Squirtle can!" "Yeah... You're right..." "I know I'm right, so come on. Tomorrow's Soccer and Swimming try-outs. We better get home to rest." Misty spoke, knowing that Ash wanted to be better than Gary at more than smarts and battles. "All right, let's go." he finally said, getting up and walking home with Misty, Pikachu asleep in his backpack.

- To Be Continued.... -