Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Trainer ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue



"This child is dying."

The voice echoed throughout the deep walls of the shattered cavern, immense boulders of broken rock crumbling at each harsh whisper brought upon its presence.

Above and beyond the four teenaged trainers standing upon a fallen child of a frozen heart, shadows were its only company that could whisper its language.

It seemed that in this forsaken land of hell, nothing was ever perfect in anyone's eyes.

"Death is your last customer there." The people would say, their swords glinting light to the hidden moon among the falling horizon, "Blood can be your only last words, for shall it be spitting from your mouth."

A cream haired boy stepped out among the shadow's comfort as his footing placing away from the three confounded teens.

His cerulean eyes placed their grasp among the golden-beamed clock that hung among a silver chain at his shallow wrist, the slow hands among its face slowly walking its race.

His eyes formed a glare as the group of hands pointed upwards in the clock's surface, his shadow crawling up the face as his wrist shook it in grimace. "Damn! This is just perfect! My grandson is lying here cursed, and here we are just standing here, thinking of nothing but his upcoming journey of a pierced and deceased future."

His wrist made the clock yet again gallop forward into the air, his left eyebrow now piercing to his skull.
"I might as well just break this clock and make everything slower. Just looking at this thing is making me want to punch a demon."

A mahogany shaded girl let out a threatening growl at the cream haired boy's ignorant, negative attitude towards the situation, her voice letting out a threatening voice that clearly echoed the cavern's nerves, causing rocks to falls from loose corners. "I wish you'd stop being so negative, Caro. We've been listening to your retorts hour after hour, and I'm pretty much sick of it. So if you don't mind, would you please sit in a corner, and cry your shadow to hell…I can't stand to hear your voice cry anymore."

"I was not crying." Caro huffed between a gag of his top lip, his eyes still narrowed at the ticking clock placed at his wrist. "Shadow Trainers don't cry. They demand."

The girl grunted out a hearty laugh that made Caro's fingers grasp his loosely sewn palms, sweat pounding across his face.

"Oh, and what do you say Ambitioners do, Caro? Bow at your presence and demands?"
As her laugh began to take to her throat once again, she saw the boy's lips crack to a frown, the umbra of the cavern shading his eyes.

She immediately knew she had made a mistake in laughing at such important matters-especially in front of such a serious boy.

"Well, if you really insist on knowing Akane, they do happen to do that if ordered. Ambitioners are very ignorant and gullible, as you must know. They can even be extremely naïve at some points." His feet gave a stride into the immense dirt blocks beneath his feet. "Shadow Trainers also control their actions, because of their shadow blood. Only twenty percent of their actions are actually done by themselves…the rest of their troubles is done by Shadow Trainers, and the occasional Thor Archer among the Electric Boundaries…but it's a very rare chance for them to actually have the power to actually confront one when angry."

Akane's lip sprouted blood at the welcoming of her teeth, the foul taste of blood running across her tongue's surface. "So…what kind of things do you do that controls them?"

Caro's side stiffened. "Simple-things, really…such as walking straight and tying their shoes…it considers in a lot of small categories…but the point is that without Shadow Trainers, they'd be helpless."

"Akane, Caro; the ice is getting larger."

Caro turned his head to the Umbreon-boy that kneeled against the fallen warrior, a sun-beamed object
placed inside his palms. As he raised the knife upwards into the sky, the ebony ears of his head striking to his skull, the blade glittered to the cavern's sunlight, a slight sneer held between its grimaces. The blade's end went down to the warrior's neck, a glint reflecting his faint gasp. "I say we just kill the boy. Suffering never did any good to anyone, and as far as I'm concerned, my heart is blazing to hunger. We could just eat him after the kill…and since his blood is conserved as a shadows, my thirst shall swallow every drop."


Akane's eyes flinched at Buraku's words, her raven hair rippling across the faint wind. "You are not eating the boy, Buraku. He has a chance of living…give it to him before you slit his throat. Besides…I don't tolerate cannibalism"

In reluctance the knife slowly moved back to its scabbard at Buraku's hide belt, his golden eyes gleaming in hunger at her ignorance. "Fine. But don't blame me when we starve to death, and I end up snapping at your throat."

His eyes glistened. "But I guess you wont listen to me…even though I'm usually always right…but that's usually what you humans do best…listen to the untruthful facts."

The foxtail from his exterior twitched within a gesture, his ears perking up along with his emerald eyes of diamonds. "But I guess I shouldn't be saying that to Caro…since I wouldn't actually put him into a human category." His smile widened. "He's only a mere person of a shadows…he'll just go right through me within a punch of his fist."

Caro's eyes of cerulean began to bleed to an icy gold that made Akane jump back in surprise, her top lip quivering rapidly to the newly formed tone of his voice. "I could ram you in the gut, you mutant! How dare you say I'm transparent because of something as simple as blood!"

As one of his knife fists raised into the air, the fourth teen slashed her own knife across Caro's pallid face of the ashes, his blood soon covering her murderous hands within a runny gesture.

She grimaced at the sight of the blood leaking between her hands and dripping from the gleaming blade, but soon distinguished her part of giving Buraku a second chance, by giving Caro an icy eye of the darkness.

Caro's knife immediately dropped within a clatter without sound, his hands going straight for the bleeding wound placed underneath his bagged eyes, drops of crimson gore meeting the palms of his hands as the squeezed inside his pores.

"I wish you both would just cut it out! We have more important things to worry about than the simple matters of your life style!"

Buraku's right ear twitched as his tail forced the same. Being called a mutant was way out of his calm range, and anyone who even shoveled that fact into his face without words usually paid the price. It never mattered whom it was, for the conclusion resolved of Caro's head being sliced and matted with blood.

"Buraku. I know you don't like us, but it doesn't mean you can't respect us. If we're going to get to Syaocale Village in time of the Darkened Hour, as well as try to revive the child, we need to put our minds together…and we know you have a slight clue of what's going on." Mihashi leaned toward Akane's view, her knife's blade rubbing to the side of her matted clothes to restrain the blood.

"We don't have much time left."

She again glanced toward the dying child, her eyes flickering shut to her unheard words.

She barely knew what to do anymore. Everything seemed hopeless.

As the pain in Caro's arrogance swallowed up his mind, the golden clock fell to the ground within a clatter of a broken sound, only to see its fate when its glass shattered.