Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Elite Organization of Team Rocket ❯ Team Rocket Exams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Team Rocket Exams
 
Ash ran down the street, breathing hard while heading towards the large building that had a giant red R at the top. “I can't believe I slept in after cramming all night. I'm going to miss the entrance exams and will have to wait another three months for the next one.”
 
Fourteen year old Ash Ketchum has wanted to become a member of the elite Team Rocket Organization ever since he could remember. In this year of 2256 in the metropolis Electric City, being a member of Team Rocket was the best thing you could possible be, you are looked up to by all, young and old.
 
It was Team Rocket that saved the humans from the dreaded creatures called Poke'mon 250 years ago by building this large dome city. Everywhere else outside has become a vast wasteland completely taken over by the Poke'mon.
 
In this city with the population of 1.5 million people, no one is more respected then the Members of Team Rocket.
 
At the main entrance to the building, two female members of Team Rocket sat at a table as a higher ranking male member looked at his watch. “Time is up, mark everyone that hasn't shown up as not showing.”
 
“Wait!” Ash called out, taking a deep breath as he stood in front of the table. “Ash Ketchum is here.”
 
Ash sat in front of a computer with the screen saying Team Rocket Multiple Choice Exam in a room filled with fifty other people. A high ranking female agent stood in front of the room and announced. “You will have two hours to complete the multiple choice test of the Exams. Once you are done, if you are given a grade less then 70%, you have failed and will have to study harder for the next one. But if you are given a grade of 70% or higher, you will be given a card that will allow you into the room on the right to take the second part of the test. Ready, begin.”
 
Ash clicked on the arrow at the bottom right side of the screen to find the first question. If you are to face off against a Fire type Poke'mon, what type of Rifle do you use to eliminate it? A: Electric; B: Wind; C: Water; D: Ice.
 
Ash looked over the answers once again then selected C and then it went onto the next question.
 
An hour and 30 minutes had past as Ash finally made it to the last question. Are you willing to give your life to keep the peace and safety of this city and its citizens? A: Yes; B: No.
 
Even though Ash wanted nothing more than to be a member of Team Rocket, this question got him to think. But after a minute of thinking, he moved his mouse over to Yes and clicked it.
 
The screen said Thank you; now checking your answers while a loading bar was filling up, his breathing getting deeper while he watched that bar load. His hands shook and his face sweated bullets. It seemed like an eternity till the bar finally hit 100% to reveal his grade to be 84/100. “Yes,” he said, a little louder than he thought, noticing some of the others taking the test looked over at him and then back at their screen.
 
The card popped out from a slot below the screen. He took the card and walked over to the door to see a slot on the side large enough for the card in his hand. He put it in, the light turned green and the door opened in front of him. He walked down the hall till he went through another door.
 
In the room, sets of five were being fitted with special gear and weapons. Ash went up to the Team Rocket Member and said while saluting. “I, Ash Ketchum, am ready for the next test.”
 
“Good to see, you will be with Group 3. Now go get suited up,” he said, saluting.
 
They both dropped their arms. Ash walked over to the two guys and two girls already suited up. “Hey there, my name is Ash Ketchum.”
 
“Misty Waterflower,” the older of the two girls replied. Her short hair a light red while a small scrunchy made her hair come out of the side of her head.
 
“Brock Flint,” the elder of the two guys replied, having brown spiky hair and eyes that looked as if they were squinted closed.
 
“My name is May, and this is my younger brother, Max,” the brown haired girl replied as she pointed to the nine year old boy with green hair.
 
“Aren't you a little young?” Ash asked, looking down at the kid.
 
“I had the best grades at Team Rocket Summer Training Camp, so I was recommended by the consolers,” Max gloated, crossing his arms while a satisfied smirk appeared on his face.
 
“Ever since he was told that, he hasn't stopped gloating,” May replied, putting her elbow on her brother's head and leaning on him.
 
Brock pointed to an armored suit with the weapon beside it. “You will be using the Electric Rifle, you should know it is used against...”
 
“Yeah I know, Water type Poke'mon,” Ash said.
 
“That's water and flying,” Max added.
 
“Dang, you really do know your stuff,” Ash replied, rubbing the back of his head.
 
“I am using the Water Rifle, Brock is using the Rock Riffle, May is using the Ice Rifle and Max is using the Ground Rifle,” Misty said while Ash is suiting up.
 
“Sounds good to me,” Ash said.
 
After he finished, the Team Rocket Member walked over to the group. “Welcome to part two of the Exams. Here you will be using these weapons in the testing maze. In this maze you will be faced with many different types of Poke'mon that will attack without warning. You gain 1 point by using the right weapon against the type of Poke'mon that appear, you lose 3 points if you are hit or you use the wrong type of weapon against a Poke'mon. In the real world, if you make that mistake, you will be killed. You can use more then one weapon to attack a Poke'mon at the same time, but if you attack it with a wrong weapon combined with the right weapon you will still be deducted points. You must make it to the other end with a combined total of at least 20 points. Now move it.”
 
The group saluted and replied. “Sir yes sir.”
 
10 minutes into the test they have already gotten 25 points; a camera zoomed onto the group while Giovanni, the leader of the Team Rocket Organization, watched them work. “Interesting, these kids work really well together. They maybe just what this organization needs,” he thought aloud. He looked over at another camera of Jessie and James screwing up as usual. “Compared to the useless Agents I already have.”
 
Back in the maze, a virtual projection of a Charizard appeared. Ash, Misty, Brock, and Max fired their Rifles at it. They defeated it but were deducted 3 points. “What's going on?” Max asked. “That was a fire type Poke'mon and we used the right weapons.”
 
“But it was also a flying type, Max,” Brock answered. “And you used a Ground Rifle to attack it where ground is useless against flying.”
 
“Oh yeah, I forgot about that,” Max replied while completely embarrassed from his mistake. “Combination Poke'mon is where I usually screw up.”
 
“Well let's keep going, we are almost out of here,” Ash said, nodding in reply while continuing down the path.
 
The group made it out of the maze with 32 points, while they were removing their gear a Team Rocket Agent walked over to them. “Group 3, you did some good work out there. Now, are you ready for your 3rd and final test?”
 
“I'm ready for anything,” Ash blurted out, where the rest of his group agreed with him, but not as with as much enthusiasm as he.
 
“Then head to the door behind me, and if you are able to pass that test, you will be members of the Elite Team Rocket. Now salute and head off.”
 
They did as they were told, saluting to the higher ranked member and then headed off through the door.
 
They walked down the hall. “So Misty, why do you want to become a Member?” Ash asked with his hands behind his head.
 
“My three sisters are Members, and I am going to show them once and for all I can be just as good as them,” she replied with fire in her eyes and her hand balled into a fist.
 
A nervous smile appeared on the other's faces. “I... see.”
 
“What about you?” Misty asked.
 
“I just want to become the best member of Team Rocket, ever,” he answered proudly.
 
“Sorry, Ash,” Max boosted. “But I will be getting that title.”
 
“Oh yeah, what makes you think that?”
 
“Because I know I will,” Max replied smugly, until May placed her palm on top of her brother's head.
 
“Don't worry, Ash. My brother might be smart, but he still has a lot to learn.”
 
“Well, the only reason you want to join is because you think the uniforms are cute.”
 
May blushed, just as she moved her hands to cover her rose colored cheeks. “Well, they are.
 
“But why do you want to become a member, Brock?” Max asked.
 
“It's kind of a family tradition. My father, grandfather and great grandfather were all members of Team Rocket and now it's my turn.”
 
Then they reached the door to the next room, they all were nervous yet excited of what might be behind it. “Well, it's now or never,” Ash said, then the door opened up and they walked into a dark room.
 
They all walked into the room, the last bit of light disappeared when the door closed. “I don't like the dark,” May said in a scared tone, but then blinding lights filled the room.
 
“Enough light for you?” Max asked, all of them covering their eyes with their hands.
 
“More than enough,” she answered.
 
Their eyes finally adjusted enough that they were able to remove their hands away from their eyes, only to be filled with fear.
 
Different Poke'mon were in different cells, clawing at the cages at them just as a Team Rocket Agent walked up to them. “It is a completely different story from a virtual projection of a Poke'mon to a real one. Vicious creatures they are. Now after seeing them for the first time in real life, are you still willing to become a member to the Elite Organization of Team Rocket?”
 
The group looked at the different Poke'mon, launching all their powers and attacks they could but their efforts were futile by the strength of their cells.
 
“What are your answers?” The Agent asked.
 
Without a second thought, Ash stepped forward. “I'm ready.”
 
From that, Misty stepped forward. “I'm ready.”
 
Brock then stepped forward. “I'm ready.”
 
May kept shaking from sight of the Poke'mon until Max grabbed her wrist. She looked down at him. He gave her a gentle smile, causing her to smile back. From that, they both stepped forward and said. “I'm ready.”
 
The Agent smirked. “Then welcome, to the Team Rocket Organization.”
 
To Be Continued
 
Just thought of this in my free time, might update but depends on how many reviews I get.