Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Pokemon Trainer From Under The Sea ❯ "Amy" ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Note 1: Pokemon is copyrighted 1994-2008 by Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, TAJ Studios, Game Freak, and Creatures. All rights served. Don't send Groundon after me. Amy is copyrighted 2006 by Dr. Thinker.

“The Pokemon Trainer From Under the Sea”
Part 1 - “Amy”
By Dr. Thinker
 
 
Lori was quiet normal for a small town. They were stores, homes, police stations, stadiums, fire stations, schools, hospitals, and Pokemon Centers—but they were no auto machines—since Lori is a city of mermaids and mermen. Of course, that means merpeople are half-human and half-fish. With out legs—a Siren can't even ride even a bicycle.
 
Siren's oceans contained 10 million villages, 1 thousand towns, 2 hundred cities, and one capital city. Now with Siren's capital city, the elders know that around 10 years of age, human get the urge to get their starting Pokemon and go to the travel the surface world in search of wild Pokemon. So far, most merpeople had picked their jobs on their genders. Sirens that are male either aide to either a water-based Pokemon gym or help keep the groups of Elite Four around the world stock up on Pokemon related items. Female Sirens usually picked to become either help out the huge family of Nurse Joy or to become a Pokemon Watcher. They had been rumors that the mermaids and mermaids that picked “Pokemon Trainer” were never heard from after they left their home city. The adult rumors have they either joining Team Aqua, but the teenage merpeople had fun pointing out that Team Aqua disbanded five years ago. The pre-teenaged merpeople assumes they have either killed over her crush or turned to stone, but the teenage merpeople point that they been reading that stupid H.C.A. story too much.
 
-P-
 
In Lori's mayor office, which is similar to one any mayor office on land, thought will a lot more seashells then army of Slowking.
 
Mayor Sword asked, “So who's the next birthday boy or girl?”
 
Mayor Sword's aide and daughter, Jessica Sword replied “Well, Misty has one next week.”
 
Mayor Sword replied, “I mean non-human birthday.”
 
Jessica remarked, “One of Mew's rumor birthday is coming up in first next month.”

Mayor Sword stated, “That was a stupid human hoax! Can you please give me a name of merman or mermaid who has a birthday coming up?”

Jessica replied, “Sure. Amy.”

Mayor Sword asked, “Last name?”
 
Jessica replied, “Shark. Amy Shark.”
 
Mayor Sword stated, “What's up with all the sea animals' names.”
 
Jessica replied, “Better then having Water Pokemon as your last name like Slowking or Marril.”
 
Mayor Sword stated, “You do have a point there.”
 
Jessica replied, “Thanks. She turns 10 tomorrow. Pretty normal, but she doesn't wear black like Kimberly did. ”
 
Mayor Sword stated, “Don't mind me, Kimberly was worse then Team Magna, Team Aqua and Team Rocket put together. If was that fact that the Surface Siren Team discovered that she had only keep catching pure poison Pokemon—we won't know that was plotting to poison the entire ocean. It was enough to make me wish I was born on land.”
 
Jessica replied, “What's the Surface Siren Team?”
 
Mayor Sword replied, “The Surface Siren Team or the SST keeps a list of all Sirens hat go up to the surface. According to SST, Kimberly broke her Pokedex, and was hired by Team Rocket to try to poison the oceans. She didn't have any poison, and she kept catching other Pokemon—but she had her “BOX 14” was blocked for a long time—if wasn't the SST hacker that unblocked, this oceans of this world have been poisoned forever.”
 
Jessica yelled, “Dad! I don't want a NIGHTMARE tonight!”
 
Mayor Sword replied, “Sorry, Jessica. I didn't mean do that to you.”
 
-O-
 
Amy was nervous. It was her ten birthday. Amy had been worried. Thought she is the only mermaid celebrating her birthday today. She was worried that would not allow them to up to the surface. Amy slowly got out from her bed made from shell fish. Amy shakes her purple tail for a bit. Then she looked into the mirror.
 
Amy thought, “Pink hair is correct. Blue eyes hadn't been changed. Long purple tail is still attached. A pink blouse can't not be turn into a million tiny pieces that a Siren like me uses in replace of a regular human-made blouse would have ripped up to pieces this level of the ocean. Good, but I wonder if have to change my upper-half for the surface. I think it's time for me to see what my family is up too! I'm also that I may not going to the surface—even know today is my 10 birthday.
 
-K-
 
Amy's gray-hair mother was moving her tail around the kitchen so much that it was starting to make waves. She wondered how the ancient Sirens figured out how to change and protect themselves from the motion of water and it is animals—including Pokemon.
 
Amy asked, “Nervous?”
 
Amy's mother replied nervously, “Not…at…all!”
 
Amy remarked, “Yeah, right.”
 
Amy's mother asked, “Did I show you my nerves?”
 
Amy replied, “Well, yes. You did.”
 
Amy's mother replied, “I more afraid….”
 
A male voice stated, “…That you not going to the surface.”
 
Amy and her mother turned around and saw a black-hair and white-tailed mermaid wearing a police vest and police
 
Amy stated, “Hi, Officer Slugworth. What's up?”
 
Officer Slugworth stated, “Usually, the SST has more then dozens mermaids and mermans to transform into humans. But we have only one.”
 
Amy asked, “Who?”
 
Officer Slugworth replied, “I'm talking to her.”
 
Amy wondered, “You mean me?”

Officer Slugworth answered, “Yes. Amy Shark. Thought we been to get the local SST office.”
 
-E-
 
It was a quick swim over to the SST Office. Inside the office, they set chairs in a lobby made out of the skins and bones of dead Pokemon. Soon, Steve Flow swims into the lobby from a door covered with a skin.
 
Officer Slugworth stated, “Hi, Steve!”
 
Amy stated, “So do have a drink a mystery potion of some kind to get my legs?”
 
Officer Slugworth and Mr. Flow started to laughed, “No. It's the twenty-first century.”

Amy stated, “Good. I thought that `Little Mermaid' story wasn't on the level.”
 
Officer Slugworth remarked, “Well, we are a little bit more high tech then future Pearl was back in her days.””
 
Amy replied, “You mean we had a paradox.”
 
An old-female hag-like voice stated, “Mew works in strange ways.”
Officer Slugworth replied, “Hi, Pearl. What's up?”

Pearl was better half was the better looking part of her body then her top-half. Her tail was a blue tail. The top half was looked like old woman with too many winkles on her face to be a real person. Pearl wears a long page outfit over her top-half.

Pearl stated as she handed over a small book to her, “Just going over Amy Shark's history. First things, you got to follow SST rules while on the surface.”

Amy remarked, “Sure. I'm going to follow the law to the best of my abilities.”
 
Pearl replied, “That's good reply.” Pearl paused and asked, “Do you have any question.”
 
Amy asked, “Yes. Are you the Little Mermaid turned into a sea witch?”
 
Pearl replied, “Smart girl. I think this one could figure out what happen to the others. Yes. Thought the story was correct up to the point my sisters give me the sword. Inside of killing me, I killed the human princess. Not too surprising, I regained my tail just as we hit a mystery thunderstorm that rained green rain. It wasn't acid rain—so I jumped into-and was surprised by Celebrii. I ended up in a cave, why I saw a mystery figure, Cebrii used its psychic powers to allow a mermaid think I was a old hag—by the time, he was gone, I was holding my own tongue I give the sea witch. I swallowed by tongue—a few days later I was able to talk. A few months later, I discovered Queen Luiga swimming around looking for the two orbs as to prevent a Krygone from destroying them. She explains to me that I met my past self. A few eras later, I heard about this human writer—Hans Christian Anderson—and using my singing lure him outside for a while—while I sneaky enter his home—and written the ending that in the book. If I didn't—I was afraid everyone and his brother's Pokemon will be combing the ocean for the Siren's homes.” Pearl took a paused for a minute and then asked, “So the big question right now is what you going to be on the surface?”
 
Amy replied, “A Pokemon Trainer”
 
Officer Slugworth, Steve Flow and Pearl look like they got a stung by an army of Tentacool and Tentacruel. Out of three adults Pearl was the most shocked. Pearl had known that no one so far this year had been “Pokemon Trainer” because of the long disappearances.
 
Steve Flow asked, “Heard the rumors about that pick?”

Amy replied, “Yes, and I think all of them stunk like poison from a Poison Sting!”
 
Pearl summoned a Starmie to her side. A Starmie is a Water Pokemon, but Pearl's Starmie is had a different attack then most surface Starmie had. “Starmie put Amy to sleep with your Sleep Power.”
 
-M-
 
Amy awoke as if she came from an out of dream. Amy tried to shake her tail, but she couldn't. She discovered next to her hands was the SST rule book, as she flipped to pick up she saw something a little shocking to her—she had a two legs that was covered up by a middle-length pink skirt. Her feet were giving in two pink sneakers. Near her feet was a necklace with a pink sea crystal—and what looked to be a SST communication orb. Amy flipped around until she was on her sitting as human might called Indian Style. Then she picked up the SST orb and hit into orb
 
Pearl's voice stated, “I hope you I didn't scare you for the rest of your life—but anyway. Anyway, if you even need to switch between your human form and her mermaid, you can by hitting the pink sea crystal on the necklace. You must follow one rule—never let any human see you true identity as mermaid.”
 
Amy replied, “What's the punishment?”
 
Pearl replied, “It's up to Mew to decide that and for how long. Now, inside the old house on his island, should be a table with a bookbag on it. Please, go inside and place both the SST handbook and his orb. Also, before doing that, please the necklace around your neck as it's a SST Tracker.”
 
-O-
 
Under the sea in the SST
 
A mermaid stated, “You lost you bet.”
 
Pearl stated, “Every merboy and mergirl starts the same way. Even Kimberly started out normally.”
 
Every SST Member turned to Pearl and remarked, “Don't mention HER!”
 
Pearl yelled, “You act like Kimberly was the sea version of Lord Voldermort!”
 
-N-
 
Not to far from the mermaid's secret island, they stood a small village. This village name was Polk Town. The city was beautiful to Amy's eyes. She saw a huge lab. On the door was the name of the local Pokemon Professor in the town.
 
Amy walked into the door to the lab. The lab was pretty high-tech for the humans. She saw an old women slamming down a telephone as she wines, “This is turning out to a rotten day. First, that was a mix-up using with Pokemon that we give out to new Pokemon trainers. Second, I got the four calls from a mermaid hunter. Third off, my Mr. Mime put up a barrier around my trainer Pokemon.”
 
Amy asked, “Prof. Apple, do you want some cheese with that wine?”
 
Prof. Apple questioned, “Who are you?”
 
Prof. Apple was a gray-hair woman with a beehive hairdo. Prof. Apple wore a black shirt under a white lab coat.
 
Amy stated, “I'm Amy Shark.”
 
Prof. Apple replied, “A new Pokemon trainer. I explained why we have mix up. As most human, always know that a Pokemon Professor like me hands to new Pokemon. Usually, I have one Pokemon from the grass, fire and water-type on hand. But one in a blue moon, we get a mix-up. I recalled getting a Geodude, a Tygrone and a Pidgey. One time, Prof. Oak got Prof. Elm's new Pokemon. Prof. Elm got Prof. Birch's new Pokemon. Prof. Birch got Prof. new Pokemon. This year, I got all three beginning fire type. From the Kanto region, it's Chamander.” She paused a bit to let a Pokemon come out a Pokemon, a small lizard-like Pokemon with its' tail on fire.
 
Amy remarked “Someone better put that fire out on that guy's tail.”
 
Chamander looked with Amy with a very evil look on this face.
 
Prof. Apple stated, “Can't do it. We don't want to kill it. A long time ago when I was a trainer, my starting died—from flood Pokemon Center. Feeling sorry, the local Prof. at that time, my mother gave me a Pikachu. If you wonder where my Pikachu is—I give it to Prof. Oak when I decided to get start my Pokemon research. Few years back, he gave it to a trainer named Ash Ketchum. Ash is in the Shinto region right now. By the way, we are in the Maliki Region.”
 
Amy replied, “So what's the other two Pokemon for me today?”
 
Prof. Apple laughed as she paused to least two more Pokemon. One looked like something from one of Batman's villain created, a penguin with its back-side on fire similar to Chamander's tail from earlier.”
 
Prof Apple stated. “Cynquil It's from the Johto region.”
 
Amy stated, “I bet the mix-up—give you all the same type.”
 
Prof. Apple remarked, “You smarter then usual trainer. Prof. Oak called a fire boot camp.” She sent out of a Pokeball a young red bird looking pretty out of place next to Chamander and Cynquil. “This is a Torchic—from the land of the Two Orbs, Heonn. So what one will you pick?”
 
Amy replied, “I take Torchic.”

Prof. Apple gave Amy the following: a sea-blue covered Pokedex, a belt that can hold six Pokemon, a Maliki Region Guide Book and five empty Pokeballs.
 
-END-
 
AUTHOR NOTES:
 
I wonder how you like this. Every time Amy Shark gets a new Pokemon or win a badge, I put up a POKEMON TRAINER STATUS REPORT. Here's a first one. PokeBox is my term for any Pokemon that Amy will place in her Pokemon Storage System.
 
POKEMON TRAINER STATUS REPORT
 
Name: Amy
Age: 10
Pokemon on Hand: 1
PokeBox: 0
Important Items:
SST Tracker/Mermaid Switch Necklace
Pokedex
SST Communication Orb
Bookbag
Maliki Region Guide Book
Badges: 0
Money: $0
Location: Polk Town - Prof. Apple's Lab.
END REPORT—BACK TO REGULAR AUTHOR NOTES
 
Maliki is merger of the follow Nintendo mascots—Mario, Link and Kirby—and it looks Japanese—so it fit the bill. Important towns in this region will named will be name after President of United States of America.
 
Placing Ash and co in Shinto—gets most of television cast out of my stories—that means Ash Ketchum, May, Max, Brock, James, Jessie, and their Pokemon out of the way of my OC. Don't worry, Butch and Cassidy won't appear in my fiction—they had been use too much other authors. That just leaves beside the Prof. Professors, the huge family of Nurse Joy and a similar family of Officer Jenny.
 
 
Catch you later,
Dr. Thinker