Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Prophecy Book 2 ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Diglett Caves

As they entered the caves a Raichu stepped out and started speaking.

"Rai rai raichu? Chu RAI!" /Who are you? Talk NOW!\

"Youse know whose we are."

"Rai rai rai. RAICHU!" /I know you. Who's THAT!\

Pikachu started sparking angrily. "Pika pi." /Ash.\

"Rai CHU!" /Yeah RIGHT!\

"Pi." Pikachu got a tick in his eye. "PIKACHU!" /THUNDER!\

Raichu lit up like a Christmas tree. "RAI!?!?! Chuuu..." /Wha!?!?! Ouch...\ Then passed out in a dead faint.

"Why is this new baby here? This is supposed to be a safe place for all the rest of the babies." Lt. Surge hobbled in to the entrance of the caves.

"With all the fuss the Diglett and Dugtrio make? But anyway I asked them to bring me here." Ash stepped forward into the light.

"Who are you? And why would they bring you here just for asking."

"Hmmm, well, this is the second time my Pikachu has thrashed your Raichu. Does that give you a clue?"

"That's impossible!! Only one Pikachu has ever managed to beat Raichu and neither it nor its trainer has been seen in six years."

"Ahh I found out that I'm good at disappearing, don't you agree."

"Prove to me that you are Ash Ketchum. Then I will listen to you."

"Well... Meowth says I am who I say I am. And Pikachu is stronger than other."

"That isn't PROOF!"

"Paranoid? Nah... not at all." Ash walked over and leaned against the wall. "Hmmm I wonder..."

"Meowth HE IS ASH!!!" the poke-cat jumped up and scratched Lt. Surge's face a few times.

"You're sure of yourself."

"So is Raichu it seems." Ash stated pointing to where Pikachu and the revived Raichu were chatting playing and catching up.

"Rai chu Rai." /He is Ash.\

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu ran and jumped to her trainer's shoulder.

"The vote is against me." Sighed Surge. He then led everyone in to a war room where they all sat to discuss Ash's plans.

"Well then let's get to why I'm here- I want to bring everyone to Pallet Town. There is a rebellion there."

"No one can get past Viridian City. It's impossible."

"Anything is possible but that is besides the point... Brock, Suzie, Misty, the survivors of Pewter, and various rebels did. We have already evacuated Cerulean City via the ocean. Lavender is in the process of being rescued by Flying types. We could leave here by Lapras or by tunnel.... The Lapras would by pass Viridian City entirely. On the way back a few of us could go to Cinnabar and inform them of how things stand."

"Sounds like a good plan... going by Lapras. How are we going to get Lapras though?"

"Not a problem, Squirtle just has to get them. It will take about four days they are in Pallets Harbor. But then you will need that time to get ready... also there are a lot more people left here then I thought there'd be so we will need extra floatation devices."

"Good I see nothing wrong with that. I assume you also came here for my advice what it came to battle plans?" Surge leaned forward putting his head on his hands.

"Yeah, the leaders of the rebellion are all young and we need an experienced warrior on our side."

"Then I'll inform the babies of the plan and get them packing."

Ash smiled, "And I'll get Squirtle on his way."

Squirtle left to get Lapras and her pod. During the next few days, Ash and Surge discussed battle plans and the capabilities of the Fortress. Jessie and James directed the packing and Jayne went out and 'borrowed' lots of life rafts from Team Rocket Storage. When the Lapras arrived the people of Vermilion City were ready to leave.

Ash looked around the cave, "Well, the Diglett seem happy to see you go."

"Yeah, everyone is in the rafts, the equipment is on floatation devices and already on its way."

"Then we should all be gone before dawn."

"Yeah." Surge and Ash turned around and left Diglett Cave. Everyone from Vermilion City left the docks, everyone except for Ash, Jessie, James, and Jayne headed towards Pallet Town, the four left for Cinnabar Island. They planned to either get help from the Islanders or inform them that the world was almost ready to fight. Lt. Surge commanded the fleet of Lapras on rafts to Pallet, and Ash sent a Fearow ahead with a message for Gary.